• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Shabad By Guru Amar Das Ji To Inspire Us To Seek, To Explore, To Push The Boundaries Of Faith, Tru

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Such A Wondrous Shabad by Guru Ji, so many jewels that one can contemplate on. If this Shabad doesn't inspire and get a person to seek the truth, i don't know what would :)
I have highlighted many things in the shabad that stick out for me...things i enjoy seeking through my Simran, things i have faith will be revealed one day.

All exists within this 'Cave', our body...the temple....god bless us all on this journey to Self and God Realization.

Within this cave, there is an inexhaustible treasure
Within this cave, the Invisible and Infinite Lord abides
He Himself is hidden, and He Himself is revealed; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, selfishness and conceit are eliminated
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those who enshrine the Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, within their minds.
The taste of the Ambrosial Naam is very sweet! Through the Guru's Teachings, drink in this Ambrosial Nectar.
Subduing egotism, the rigid doors are opened.
The Priceless Naam is obtained by Guru's Grace
Without the Shabad, the Naam is not obtained. By Guru's Grace, it is implanted within the mind.
The Guru has applied the true ointment of spiritual wisdom to my eyes.
Deep within, the Divine Light has dawned, and the darkness of ignorance has been dispelled.
My light has merged into the Light; my mind has surrendered, and I am blessed with Glory in the Court of the Lord.
Those who look outside the body, searching for the Lord, shall not receive the Naam; they shall instead be forced to suffer the terrible pains of slavery.
The blind, self-willed manmukhs do not understand; but when they return once again to their own home, then, as Gurmukh, they find the genuine article
By Guru's Grace, the True Lord is found
Within your mind and body, see the Lord, and the filth of egotism shall depart
Sitting in that place, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord forever, and be absorbed in the True Word of the Shabad.
Those who close off the nine gates, and restrain the wandering mind,
come to dwell in the Home of the Tenth Gate.
There, the Unstruck Melody of the Shabad vibrates day and night. Through the Guru's Teachings, the Shabad is heard
Without the Shabad, there is only darkness within
The genuine article is not found, and the cycle of reincarnation does not end
The key is in the hands of the True Guru; no one else can open this door. By perfect destiny, He is met.
You are the hidden and the revealed in all places.
Receiving Guru's Grace, this understanding is obtained.
O Nanak, praise the Naam forever; as Gurmukh, enshrine it within the mind

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=344

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks for sharing.

For me, an added pleasure of reading Guru Amar Das ji's bani is the way the language very often closely corresponds to Panjabi in its modern form.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥
Saṯgur hath kunjī horaṯ ḏar kẖulai nāhī gur pūrai bẖāg milāvaṇi▫ā. ||7||
The key is in the hands of the True Guru; no one else can open this door. By perfect destiny, He is met. ||7||

The key is in his hands, but we have to make the effort to get to the door.

My whole journey of life and simran is the getting to that door.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥
Saṯgur hath kunjī horaṯ ḏar kẖulai nāhī gur pūrai bẖāg milāvaṇi▫ā. ||7||
The key is in the hands of the True Guru; no one else can open this door. By perfect destiny, He is met. ||7||

The key is in his hands, but we have to make the effort to get to the door.

My whole journey of life and simran is the getting to that door.

yup, being in the right frame of mind, in the present moment, no past, no illusion of future...

and then I say "Guru Ji, I am here...in deep simran...i've spent all my life talking to you...and now it's time to listen...i'm here, i have faith you'll reveal yourself in whatever way you so please" :)

God Bless

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM