• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General 75% Of Punjabi Youth Are Drug Addicts!

mannii

SPNer
Feb 23, 2011
(75% of Punjabi Youth Are Drug Addicts!!)

Dear gurusfriend, I went to Punjab recently and discovered for myself what it was like.
This is from my experience as for the statistics I don't know if there 100% correct. I am not planning on going to India again as I witnessed a load of drug abuse and alcohol abuse. Nearly all the boys in the pind (villiage) were on drugs and it was really sad to see this. They didnt have any jobs or money so resulted in walking around in gangs taking drugs, drinking, violence. I was told stories about what was going on and witnessed the same in other pinds. I as really shocked at seeing all this and didn't feel safe on my holiday. The only thing I enjoyed was the weather! :happykaur:
I dont know if this may of helped you with your statistics, but what I do know is that the youth of punjab or getting out of the hands of their parents due to poverty...... so maybe yes 75% of punjab youth could be drug addicts.

Karankullar

SPNer
Feb 27, 2012

Dear gurusfriend, I went to Punjab recently and discovered for myself what it was like.
This is from my experience as for the statistics I don't know if there 100% correct. I am not planning on going to India again as I witnessed a load of drug abuse and alcohol abuse. Nearly all the boys in the pind (villiage) were on drugs and it was really sad to see this. They didnt have any jobs or money so resulted in walking around in gangs taking drugs, drinking, violence. I was told stories about what was going on and witnessed the same in other pinds. I as really shocked at seeing all this and didn't feel safe on my holiday. The only thing I enjoyed was the weather! :happykaur:
I dont know if this may of helped you with your statistics, but what I do know is that the youth of punjab or getting out of the hands of their parents due to poverty...... so maybe yes 75% of punjab youth could be drug addicts.
What you say is complete truth. I was born and raised in Punjab and lived there my whole life up until last year. The drug use is increasing and I have seen my friends getting into it. I guess this is what has left Punjabis with a ton of problems. I feel so helpless sometimes as I have no idea of how to deal with these problems. Precisely, this documentary is not a "load of rubbish" and there is some serious and harsh truths about Punjab in it!

Karankullar

SPNer
Feb 27, 2012

What you say is complete truth. I was born and raised in Punjab and lived there my whole life up until last year. The drug use is increasing and I have seen my friends getting into it. I guess this is what has left Punjabis with a ton of problems. I feel so helpless sometimes as I have no idea of how to deal with these problems. Precisely, this documentary is not a "load of rubbish" and there is some serious and harsh truths about Punjab in it!

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

I dont know if this may of helped you with your statistics, but what I do know is that the youth of punjab or getting out of the hands of their parents due to poverty..G... so maybe yes 75% of punjab youth could be drug addicts.
This shows the great caring of Government for the future of Sikhs, Punjabis and Punjab. Has anyone noticed how Haryana was able to maintain prohibition and Punjab was allowed to add to the Alcohol menu. The Government could kill 10's of thousands in the name of state security but don't think the drugs are the worst ways to destroy what little is left of State of Punjab. Opium in China was doing same till Governments clamped down and chopped lot of heads. Killing Sikhs in a guise is allowed in 1984 but harshness to protect the young and future generations from Drug Genocide is tolerated.

Shame on all that Govern, who pretend to have fake goodwill for Punjab but facilitate its destruction. This is not a coincidence, it is a plan! Learn to recognize. :angryyoungsingh: :hopmad:

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
This shows the great caring of Government for the future of Sikhs, Punjabis and Punjab. Has anyone noticed how Haryana was able to maintain prohibition and Punjab was allowed to add to the Alcohol menu. The Government could kill 10's of thousands in the name of state security but don't think the drugs are the worst ways to destro what little is left of Punjab. Opium in China was doing same till Governments clamped down and chopped lot of heads. Killing Sikhs in a guise is allowed in 1984 but harshness to protect the young and future generations from Drug Genocide is tolerated.

Shame on all that Govern, who pretend to have fake goodwill for Punjab but facilitate its destruction. This is not a coincidence, it is a plan! Learn to recognize. :angryyoungsingh: :hopmad:

Sat Sri Akal.

I have seen it too. It really hurts to see this. People's attitude in Punjab is changing for the worst. This is all playing in the governments hands.

Punjabi's are fools too.. they need to stop bigging up this filthy culture of drink, bhangra and producing stereo types which are harmful for the future generations. There is no such thing as honesty left any more.

This is definitely a plan, if it was not then it would have not come to this. Punjab is in dire need of some very serious action. We in the West need to be exemplary role models (like it or not, people in India look upto the people in the West).

All this can only be resolved with "Khalistan", there is no other solution left now.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
All this can only be resolved with "Khalistan", there is no other solution left now.

Veer BaljinderS ji I kind of disagree with Khalistan and now. Time for such was in 1947. Before the destruction of Physical Punjab into Himanchal, Haryana and union territory. I don't see it as practical option unless we become like Israel and expand our borders to Delhi, get rid of Haryan and Himanchal. Possibly merge with Kashmir. You know veer ji at one time it was reported that Sikhs were getting very close with Israel and then the powers to be in Delhi intervened and put an end to it.
Sat sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM