• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

ਨਾਮਾ ਕਹੈ ਤਿਲੋਚਨਾ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਰਾਮੁ ਸੰਮਾਲਿ। ਹਾਥ ਪ&#26

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ਨਾਮਾ ਕਹੈ ਤਿਲੋਚਨਾ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਰਾਮੁ ਸੰਮਾਲਿ।
ਹਾਥ ਪਾਉ ਕਰ ਕਾਮੁ ਚੀਤ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਨਾਲਿ।(ਪੰਨਾ 1375)
Bhagat namdev Ji (nama) says to bhagat Tilochan ji....on your face and on your tongue keep the Glow Glory Praises of Raam The Creator...
Your Hands and feet do KIRT..Honest Labour..hard Work..while your MIND..the Mann connects to HIM....

This is the WAY of GURMATT....this is the way of Naam japp that Gurbani SANCTIONS and its clear as day...that ALL other ways of Karam Kaandee Babas, derawadees, pakhandis..like chnating nay one word over and over again..having Maalas and steel bangles etc of every shape and size..having certian clothes, postures, lights ON or darkness, sounds and music in background..yoga postures, etc etc etc are ALL un-necessary and superflous and FAIL.
Gurmatt is PRACTICAL..and Life of a Householder..doing honest labour sharing it with the needy is the correct way taught by OUR GURUS..yet we Sikhs discard that practical simplicity for the superflous ritualistic ways of the World's snake oil merchants...

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Re: ਨਾਮਾ ਕਹੈ ਤਿਲੋਚਨਾ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਰਾਮੁ ਸੰਮਾਲਿ। ਹਾਥ ਪ

Giani Ji

Thank you very much. But one question which keeps on bothering me is why Bhagat Namdev had to tell Bhagat Trilochan. Was Trilochan whose baani is part of SGGS, not bhagat? What is the link between both of them.

Best regards
Mohinder Singh Sahni

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

This bani is written by 5th Guru as part of Bhagat Kabir Ji's bani and appears on page 1375 Line 19.
I think only a Gyani can explain all of this.

Nov 17, 2005

This is the WAY of GURMATT....this is the way of Naam japp that Gurbani SANCTIONS and its clear as day...that ALL other ways of Karam Kaandee Babas, derawadees, pakhandis..like chnating nay one word over and over again..having Maalas and steel bangles etc of every shape and size..having certian clothes, postures, lights ON or darkness, sounds and music in background..yoga postures, etc etc etc are ALL un-necessary and superflous and FAIL.

Daas thinks we need to draw a line separating Deerawad Karamkandee Babas and pakhandies from Gurmukhs who chose to abandon worldly pleasures and Maya to devote their entire life to Guru Sahib Ji only. Sangat needs to know the difference between Pakhandies and Gurmukhs. Otherwise, people like me would falsely assume any CHOLA wearing guy to be Derawadi Pakhandi.

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Bilaaval Mehalaa 5 ||
ਪਾਣੀ ਪਖਾ ਪੀਸੁ ਦਾਸ ਕੈ ਤਬ ਹੋਹਿ ਨਿਹਾਲੁ ॥
Paanee Pakhaa Pees Dhaas Kai Thab Hohi Nihaal ||
Carry water for the Lord's slave wave the fan over him and grind his corn; then, you shall be happy.

ਰਾਜ ਮਿਲਖ ਸਿਕਦਾਰੀਆ ਅਗਨੀ ਮਹਿ ਜਾਲੁ ॥੧॥
Burn in the fire your power, property and authority. ||1||

ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾ ਕਾ ਛੋਹਰਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਚਰਣੀ ਲਾਗਿ ॥
Grasp hold of the feet of the servant of the humble Saints.

ਮਾਇਆਧਾਰੀ ਛਤ੍ਰਪਤਿ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਛੋਡਉ ਤਿਆਗਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Renounce and abandon the wealthy, the regal overlords and kings. ||1||Pause||

ਸੰਤਨ ਕਾ ਦਾਨਾ ਰੂਖਾ ਸੋ ਸਰਬ ਨਿਧਾਨ ॥
The dry bread of the Saints is equal to all treasures.

ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਸਾਕਤ ਛਤੀਹ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਤੇ ਬਿਖੂ ਸਮਾਨ ॥੨॥
The thirty-six tasty dishes of the faithless cynic, are just like poison. ||2||

ਭਗਤ ਜਨਾ ਕਾ ਲੂਗਰਾ ਓਢਿ ਨਗਨ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥
Wearing the old blankets of the humble devotees, one is not naked.

ਸਾਕਤ ਸਿਰਪਾਉ ਰੇਸਮੀ ਪਹਿਰਤ ਪਤਿ ਖੋਈ ॥੩॥
But by putting on the silk clothes of the faithless cynic, one loses one's honor. ||3||

ਸਾਕਤ ਸਿਉ ਮੁਖਿ ਜੋਰਿਐ ਅਧ ਵੀਚਹੁ ਟੂਟੈ ॥
Friendship with the faithless cynic breaks down mid-way.

ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਜੋ ਕਰੇ ਇਤ ਊਤਹਿ ਛੂਟੈ ॥੪॥
But whoever serves the humble servants of the Lord, is emancipated here and hereafter. ||4||

ਸਭ ਕਿਛੁ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹੀ ਤੇ ਹੋਆ ਆਪਿ ਬਣਤ ਬਣਾਈ ॥
Everything comes from You, O Lord; You Yourself created the creation.

ਦਰਸਨੁ ਭੇਟਤ ਸਾਧ ਕਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਈ ॥੫॥੧੪॥੪੪॥
Blessed with the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy, Nanak sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||5||14||44||

Nov 17, 2005

Giani Ji

Thank you very much. But one question which keeps on bothering me is why Bhagat Namdev had to tell Bhagat Trilochan. Was Trilochan whose baani is part of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, not bhagat? What is the link between both of them.

Best regards
Mohinder Singh Sahni

Bhagat Tirlochan Ji and Bhagat Namdev Ji were both Bhagats and Guru Arjan Dev Ji put bani of these both Bhagats in Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaar:

ਦਰਸਨੁ ਵੇਖਣ ਨਾਮਦੇਵ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਲੋਚਨ ਆਵੈ।
दरसनु देखण नामदेव भलके उठि त्रिलोचनु आवै ।
Trilochan awoke early daily just to have sight of Namdev,

ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਨਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਦੁਇ ਜਣੇ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਹਰਿ ਚਲਿਤੁ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ।
भगति करनि मिलि दुइ जणे नामदेउ हरि चलितु सुणावै ।
Together they would concentrate on the Lord and Namdev would tell him the grand stories of God.

ਮੇਰੀ ਭੀ ਕਰਿ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਖਾਂ ਜੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ।
मेरी भी करि बेनती दरसनु देखां जे तिसु भावै ।
(Trilochan asked Namdev) “kindly pray for me so that if the Lord accepts, I may also have a glimpse of His blessed vision.”

ਠਾਕੁਰ ਜੀ ਨੋ ਪੁਛਿਓਸੁ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਕਿਵੈ ਤ੍ਰਿਲੋਚਨੁ ਪਾਵੈ।
ठाकुर जी नो पुछिओसु दरसनु किवै त्रिलोचनु पावै ।
Namdev asked Thakur, the Lord, as to how Trilochan could have sight of the Lord ?

ਹਸਿਕੈ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਬੋਲਿਆ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਨੋ ਕਹਿ ਸਮਝਾਵੈ।
हसि कै ठाकुर बोलिआ नामदेउ नो कहि समझावै ।
The Lord God smiled and explained to Naamdev;

ਹਥਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਭੇਟੁ ਸੋ ਤੁਸਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਲੋਚਨ ਮੈ ਮੁਹਿ ਲਾਵੈ।
हथि न आवै भेटु सो तुसि त्रिलोचन मै मुहि लावै ।
“No offerings are needed by me. Out of my delight only, I would make Trilochan to have sight of me. "

ਹਉ ਅਧੀਨੁ ਹਾਂ ਭਗਤ ਦੇ ਪਹੁੰਚਿ ਨ ਹੰਘਾਂ ਭਗਤੀ ਦਾਵੈ।
हउ अधीनु हां भगत दे पहुंचि न हंघां भगती दावै ।
I am under the total control of the devotees and their loving claims I can never reject; rather I myself also cannot understand them.

ਹੋਇ ਵਿਚੋਲਾ ਆਣਿ ਮਿਲਾਵੈ ॥੧੨॥
होइ विचोला आणि मिलावै ॥१२॥
Their loving devotion, in fact, becomes mediator and makes them meet me.”

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait

Daas thinks we need to draw a line separating Deerawad Karamkandee Babas and pakhandies from Gurmukhs who chose to abandon worldly pleasures and Maya to devote their entire life to Guru Sahib Ji only. Sangat needs to know the difference between Pakhandies and Gurmukhs. Otherwise, people like me would falsely assume any CHOLA wearing guy to be Derawadi Pakhandi.
Thank you.

Further as per gurbani the true saint is 'divine wisdom' in the form of sabd guru for all us to delve and explore the infinite treasure. Relying upon any dehdhari is liming our potential. The sadh/saint is not even the conglomeration at gurdwara rather it is the company of gurbani 24x7 by listening and contemplating to eliminate symptom of 'maila manh' ego, jealousy, duality as gurbani tells us the real saint which, 'mail khoee kot aagh harai nirmal bhai cheeta Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 809.18.

Further gurbani does not refrain us from enjoying the worldly pleasure, it caution us, 'binas jaey jo nimakh mai so alap sukh bhaneye - to abstain from the momentarrily pleasure gained by raping, exploitation or taking other right. Anything rightfully earned can be enjoyed.

Best regards
Mohinder Singh Sahni

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM