• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

1984 Anti-Sikh Pogrom Would The Indian Army Have Entered The Golden Temple Without Backend Akaali Support?

Do you think If Akalis had not given active backend support, Army would not have entered Golden Temp

• Yes, Since they had planned this massacre quite earlier

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No, Akalis did absolutely right by supporting Givt, as Bhindrawale was a terrorist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cant Say, I am not aware of the whole build up to the event

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I dont care, this is past and does not affect us now.

• Sikhs are making too much of fuss about all this

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2009
Gurfateh ji,

This notion of Indira Gandhi supported Bhinderwale is farce for many reasons.

1.Sant Jarnail Singh ji stood up against fake Gurus or Nirankaris which were degrading Sikh religion so Bhinderwale send 13 Singhs from his jatha reciting Waheguru to lodge a peaceful protest against so called Gurus but what happened next is interesting Nirankaris
were supported by Indira Gandhi under her guidance 13 unarmed Sikhs were shaheed and moreover police proctected Nirankari and He ordered the shoot on site policy and
moreover Indira Gandhi had a personal meeting with these Nirankaris.

2. Akalis played a big role in this movement. When Sant Jarnail singh was living at Guru
Nanak Nivas, he was not allowed to speak at Manji Sahib by the Govt. So all the leaders
like Badal, Tohra and many more forced Sant Jarnail Singh forced to move to Akal Takth because if he stayed at Guru Nanak Nivas for long it will mean that they would lose their
cabinet births or Chief Ministrship. Thats what Happened After Bluestar Harsharan Singh
Longval surrendered because they had already made deal with the Indira Gandhi at the
same time they pledged that they would defend the santity of Golden temple but Sant
Jarnail Singh did.

3. Till 1982 their were no weapns inside the Harmandar Sahib but in June of 1982 their
were Kar- seva trucks were allowed which were filled with weapns. So why didn't govt. stop them the move was clear to make sure that Indira Gandhi wanted that there
should be rift between Akalis and other factions and start killing each other. But Sant
Jarnail Singh came to know about her evil thoughts and started telling Sikhs to armed
themselves because he knew very well that govt has made his move to attack Golden
Temple that's why bunkers were made inside the temple.

4. If you look at closely the weapons which were founded in Harmandar Sahib is planted
by army itself so to make an execuse that terrorists were amassing weapons inside the
santrum, their are more weapons 250 people, Think about it if they knew about these
weapons the Operation Bluestar would have been other way around.

5. It's very important to read the history of Damdami Taksal and look all the facts of 600
of Sikh religion when Ahmed Shah Abdali attacked Akal Takth 30 Sikhs defended the
might of 30,000 of Abdali forces from Akal Takth as same happened in this event.

6. Look what happened at Battle of Chamkaur all the food supplies were cut by Moghul
govt. same thing happened here the journalist were expelled, phone lines were cut
food supplies were stopped by govt. The history was repeating itself.

7. Before Operation Bluestar the things were worst in Assam and Meghalaya it is reported during 6 year period from 1978 - 1984 nearly 6000 people were killed in Assam
as compared 1500 people in Punjab though they were acts of terrorism which is absolutely condembale but on other side too much focused was given to Punjab and
things were mishandled by the media.

8. Damdami Taksal is the school started Sahib Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj and he ordered his Sikhs to shasterdharis well you will not find this concept any other religion in
Islam, Christanity or Hindu religion because in order to protect the Truth weapons are
needed and if we study Damdami Taksal all the Mukhis have been shasterdharis so quite
important to look at our history through Sikh presecpective not through so called scholars of western Media.

So this is the Truth about operation Bluestar because it is important to let the people
know what were the politics were happening at that time and still the world is around
the message of Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj

Regards

Gurveen Singh

Sevadar

SPNer
May 24, 2010
I don't know why do we support bhindrawale blindly, I have heard his lectures on youtube. The way he spoke about hindus was disgusting. He hardly showed respect to anybody. He always sounded arrogant. I think he was just a political sikh leader and his agenda was political rather religious. He might be community leader but by no way was religious leader. I don't know why do people adorn him with precious title like 'Sant'. To me he was pretty ordinary person with very ordinary aptitude.
These are my very personal views.

sarbat da bhalla

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
Hello,
The options are not comprehensive and leaves me as a no voter. Akalis were not right in suppporting Govt. to get even with Bhindranwale.
How can they support entry to golden temple for this political reason of just ousting their competitor. Bhindranwale was just tha, a competitor to people like Longowal, Tohra or badal. it is only now that some people are making him a saint!
One gets the feeling that if Bhindranwale can be a saint then, many others can... and by reverse logic, many saint may have been just ordinary people/ politicians or people seeking fame.

Thanks,

Ballym

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
I don't know why do we support bhindrawale blindly, I have heard his lectures on youtube. The way he spoke about hindus was disgusting. He hardly showed respect to anybody. He always sounded arrogant. I think he was just a political sikh leader and his agenda was political rather religious. He might be community leader but by no way was religious leader. I don't know why do people adorn him with precious title like 'Sant'. To me he was pretty ordinary person with very ordinary aptitude.
These are my very personal views.

sarbat da bhalla

Well, let me propound a theory:
A leader is evaluated by RAW as weak, illiterate and lacking real goal and vision. he is encouraged to become bold. Later he is forced to seek refuge in golden temple. Look at his people. many of them were just bad elements of society who found it convenient to get a religious cover to propagate their activities.
That is why mass support was missing.No Akali leader accepeted him as leader. he was just an ordinary person with weapon power and people feared for their life.
A little Real support came only after November 84 riots. But no leader could cappitalize on it. Small time leaders of Delhi exploited riot victims and Delhi sikhs also became prominent as a result beacause they saw a large amount of money can be made by taking either side. Congress leaders were willing to spend money fopr obvious reasons.
We have never heard of DSGPC before eighties.
Money and economic reasons are important.
Once again I would say that if one wants to win a battle. Address money and economic factors and you may have a victory in hand.
1. lack of projects for Punjab.... Ask sikh businessmen to put industries in Punjab.
2. water issue... involve social leaders to raise the issue.
3. farmers blocked from selling outside.... make your case and engage some economists to advise on this and plan non-coperation. Grow crops which are not under govt. control

makes sense?

Last edited:

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
Well, let me propound a theory:
A leader is evaluated by RAW as weak, illiterate and lacking real goal and vision. he is encouraged to become bold. Later he is forced to seek refuge in golden temple. Look at his people. many of them were just bad elements of society who found it convenient to get a religious cover to propagate their activities.
That is why mass support was missing.No Akali leader accepeted him as leader. he was just an ordinary person with weapon power and people feared for their life.
A little Real support came only after November 84 riots. But no leader could cappitalize on it. Small time leaders of Delhi exploited riot victims and Delhi sikhs also became prominent as a result beacause they saw a large amount of money can be made by taking either side. Congress leaders were willing to spend money fopr obvious reasons.
We have never heard of DSGPC before eighties.
Money and economic reasons are important.
Once again I would say that if one wants to win a battle. Address money and economic factors and you may have a victory in hand.
1. lack of projects for Punjab.... Ask Sikh businessmen to put industries in Punjab.
2. water issue... involve social leaders to raise the issue.
3. farmers blocked from selling outside.... make your case and engage some economists to advise on this and plan non-coperation. Grow crops which are not under govt. control

makes sense?

Ballym Ji,

Gustakhi Maaf, but Your ideas are way away from reality.

Lets us discuss this:

A leader is evaluated by RAW as weak, illiterate and lacking real goal and vision.
Why then there was strong opinion among sangat that Santji should be made Jathedar of Akal Takht. Ref: Gallant Defender, by AR Darshi

Later he is forced to seek refuge in golden temple.
If he was forced to seek refuge, It would have been some place where he would been isolated, not a place of intense devotion. Under his leader ship, Kukas, Nirmala Saints, Nihangs, Udaasis, Renunciant saints, all came forward to give peaceful arrest. Such a persona why would seek refuge.

Look at his people. many of them were just bad elements of society who found it convenient to get a religious cover to propagate their activities.
Which people you are talking about, name a few I shall respond accordingly. His People, infact, have been shaven off their beards, killed in fake encounters while protesting in peaceful marchs.

4. If he did not have mass support then how could "Dharam Yud Morcha" continue subduing centre govt for more than 16 months.

5. If you ask sikh business man to put up their industries, and in absence of any incentives, as they are provided in other states, are you supporting self-regulation of the state and approve that govt is a dummy body and should be overthrown ??

6. Water Issue... How much more the issue should be raised, even amarinder singh put his govt in danger to cancel all treaties on water with haryana. I am sorry brother, this is not a filmy struggle.

7. About selling of crops, Please research on the efforts already made, and review your comments.

Please forgive of any harsh remarks .

SSA.

Oct 10, 2009
Gurfateh ji,

It's hard to accept the truth it's not about supporting Bhinderwale but putting facts on the table. Here are some more answers

1. Do you know Golden Temple was also attacked in 1955 with petrol bombs to kill the innocent civilians their and army was sent in Manji Sahib
because Sikhs were asking for more political autonomy because before 1947 Nehru and Gandhi promised Sikhs that if indian constitution does not
satisfy them they have the right to use the sword said by Gandhi.

2. People realy don't know the meaning of "Saint" let me propound this
theory these days everyone is claims to be a Saint well read the books of
independent western scholars who met Bhinderwale and gave a true account on his life.

Before Operation Bluestar he asked the Sikhs of Delhi to prepare for eventuality because on June 2 he had the last interview he gave this
message " If holiest place is invaded by the govt. Then consider invasion
of homes as mere formality". Taken by (Cynthia Kepley Mahmood )

Before this operation He told Sikhs that fighting will for one week that's
what happened eye accounts say fighting actually started from 1 june and
carried till 8 June and on 1 June army started firing but their were no firing
from Inside because people inside the complex were under his order.

During his life when he was sleeping Gutka Sahib feel at his feet and he was in so much guilt with himself than many people told him is not you're
fault but in order to compensate that he recited the whole Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj in 6 hours.

Sikh religion is a religion of Saints, Sant Jarnail Singh 110 Japji Sahib per day he memorized Sukhmani Sahib in one day can you ever do that?

To summerise this Sahib Guru Gobind Sahib Ji Maharaj during his stay in
Ponta Sahib in his rehetnamas prophesied Operation Bluestar where he
said " One Khalsa will fortify Harmandar Sahib, God got upset with govt,
and told them to face the army, Sikhs showed the pride of their Gurus,
Battle will wage many will be killed and tortured in state. This is not my
saying this is the saying of 10 soverign King.

This clearly proves Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhinderwale was no ordinary
human being or fake Saint.

I try to explain in detail now question the people allowed him the entry to
Golden Temple because if he was to a terrorist people would have thrown
him out of the complex. Read between the Lines He was never against
Hindus for the fact one many Hindus came to him and asked if he could
helped them to bult a Mandir he gave Rs. 3000 as part of construction of
Mandir and still if you go to Amritsar it is written on the back.

"This Mandir is built by Bhinderwale"

Moreover he helped the Hindu daughter who were forcing to marry and the
Girl said " You're ansectors has saved our mother and sister", Then he called her family and told them not bother their daughter and issue was
resolved in an instant and justice was meted out in 1 hr.

The Truth speak for itself, so their no need to make any huge cry about it,
Damami Taksal do not produces terrorists many religion has sect of school
why Sikh religion can have their own Gurmat, this is something we need
comprehend on it.

Look Badals have got what they wanted they were stood tall with Sant
Jarnail Singh, and look they are in power now and see the situation in Punjab speak for itself, During Sant Ji times everyone wore Turban.

Regards

Gurveen Singh

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
Gurfateh ji,

It's hard to accept the truth it's not about supporting Bhinderwale but putting facts on the table. Here are some more answers

1. Do you know Golden Temple was also attacked in 1955 with petrol bombs to kill the innocent civilians their and army was sent in Manji Sahib
because Sikhs were asking for more political autonomy because before 1947 Nehru and Gandhi promised Sikhs that if indian constitution does not
satisfy them they have the right to use the sword said by Gandhi.

2. People realy don't know the meaning of "Saint" let me propound this
theory these days everyone is claims to be a Saint well read the books of
independent western scholars who met Bhinderwale and gave a true account on his life.

Before Operation Bluestar he asked the Sikhs of Delhi to prepare for eventuality because on June 2 he had the last interview he gave this
message " If holiest place is invaded by the govt. Then consider invasion
of homes as mere formality". Taken by (Cynthia Kepley Mahmood )

Before this operation He told Sikhs that fighting will for one week that's
what happened eye accounts say fighting actually started from 1 june and
carried till 8 June and on 1 June army started firing but their were no firing
from Inside because people inside the complex were under his order.

During his life when he was sleeping Gutka Sahib feel at his feet and he was in so much guilt with himself than many people told him is not you're
fault but in order to compensate that he recited the whole Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj in 6 hours.

Sikh religion is a religion of Saints, Sant Jarnail Singh 110 Japji Sahib per day he memorized Sukhmani Sahib in one day can you ever do that?

To summerise this Sahib Guru Gobind Sahib Ji Maharaj during his stay in
Ponta Sahib in his rehetnamas prophesied Operation Bluestar where he
said " One Khalsa will fortify Harmandar Sahib, God got upset with govt,
and told them to face the army, Sikhs showed the pride of their Gurus,
Battle will wage many will be killed and tortured in state. This is not my
saying this is the saying of 10 soverign King.

This clearly proves Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhinderwale was no ordinary
human being or fake Saint.

I try to explain in detail now question the people allowed him the entry to
Golden Temple because if he was to a terrorist people would have thrown
him out of the complex. Read between the Lines He was never against
Hindus for the fact one many Hindus came to him and asked if he could
helped them to bult a Mandir he gave Rs. 3000 as part of construction of
Mandir and still if you go to Amritsar it is written on the back.

"This Mandir is built by Bhinderwale"

Moreover he helped the Hindu daughter who were forcing to marry and the
Girl said " You're ansectors has saved our mother and sister", Then he called her family and told them not bother their daughter and issue was
resolved in an instant and justice was meted out in 1 hr.

The Truth speak for itself, so their no need to make any huge cry about it,
Damami Taksal do not produces terrorists many religion has sect of school
why Sikh religion can have their own Gurmat, this is something we need
comprehend on it.

Look Badals have got what they wanted they were stood tall with Sant
Jarnail Singh, and look they are in power now and see the situation in Punjab speak for itself, During Sant Ji times everyone wore Turban.

Regards

Gurveen Singh

Bahut Sundar Gurveen ji. I didnt know about few facts here. Do u have interview of sant ji as u mentioned. Also, i wasnt aware of 1955 event.

Oct 10, 2009
Yes, their are some facts which people might not be aware of but I try my best to go beyond the nitty grity of poilitics of Punjab and explained in the way that people can have a broad view about this issue.

Events of 1955 was never highlighted because this event was not magnitude of 1984.
Though their were some pilgrims lost their lives and many were injured but most importantly the santity of Golden Temple was broken this issue was first issued by
Washington Post and was never reported because their was hardly any media In India
but people of Punjab knew very well what has happened.

Now the killing of Sikhs in delhi was prophesied by Bhinderwale for many reasons their
was a lady who had a interview with Sant Jarnail Singh ji, When she met him he told"
Evverybody is calling this man terrorist, but she found Sant Jarnail Singh quite polite
and then he said " Sikhs of Delhi should prepare for any eventually, If govt. can attack
Darbar Sahib complex, Then invasion of houses is mere formality".

And you see that's what happened In Nov 1984 Sikh genocide programs.

When Akal Takth was surrounded Sant Jarnail Singh did the Ardas in front of Guru Granth
Sahib ji Maharaj and said " o Waheguru I don't want to be jeevan Mukat, May Guru Sahib
bless me again that I can take birth again so the greatnes of Sikhi will shine forth in
all corners of the world."

Many eye witness account say two vijyanta tanks pointed at Saint Ji but two soldiers
were afraid and duck into their tanks and fired 80 rounds of bullets into his body and
what happened next is interesting his left face was blasted of you can say he didn't
have any face on the left side but he still stood his ground and kept firing until the last
words came out from his mouth " RAJ KAREGHA KHALSA"

This vivid description was something I didn't want to know about but this one of the
eyewitness who was at Reference Library who witnessed this moment and still the people brand him "terrorist". What the irony of fate read the facts and decide for
yourself.

I am myself is no expert in Sikh religion but I am just a servant of Guru who granted me
this knowledge and helped to keep my interest on this matter otherwise it would have
been different story all together.

Regards

Gurveen Singh

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
Gurveen ji,

The face off thing might not be true as the photo of shaheedi of santji shows his face was in tact.

Reveal your research to sangat, to let us know more about the modern history of sikhs.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
The responses above has so many inaccuracies and heresay that I do not feel like discussing the matter. My belief in my idea has grown stronger.
I do not even feel like giving reason for this feeling or belief.

But i have one thing which i am feeling right now. Are we not maligning our Gurus by spreading stories? many would start feeling that our gurus were similar to these recent ones and people wrongly eulogised them?
We should stay with Truth and ONLY truth. Lies will undermine the religion. I have high hopes.
A sense of disgust is coming in my mind.

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
The responses above has so many inaccuracies and heresay that I do not feel like discussing the matter. My belief in my idea has grown stronger.
I do not even feel like giving reason for this feeling or belief.

But i have one thing which i am feeling right now. Are we not maligning our Gurus by spreading stories? many would start feeling that our gurus were similar to these recent ones and people wrongly eulogised them?
We should stay with Truth and ONLY truth. Lies will undermine the religion. I have high hopes.
A sense of disgust is coming in my mind.

Ballym Ji,

I understand you believe firmly in what you belive. That is a great attitude. But as Maskeenji said, Man thinks truth is what he/she knows and evrything beyond is myth.

If you are declining to a healthy discussion, this might hamper widening your view about the matter. I am open to change my idea if someone present a fact proven. I was few years back totally ignorant of these whole issues but now I have formed a view and I feel it an obligation to let others know the truth, and not something that I see as.

If you want to live with what you believe, Its your decision. Already one have innumerable veils of delusion to overcome, let this be another one.

SSA.

Oct 10, 2009

Gurfateh ji,

The whole world knows operation bluestar had more religious side to it and
their is no doubt about it and it's very easy to link them with Sikh history
Why Sikhs call as 3 Holocaust or Ghallughara is this part linked to Akali
politics or Sikh history the problem is people are not willing to accept it
and I am making absolutely clear doesn't mean that should accept it but
giving them different side of view through Sikh perspective.

You should know Military not even allowed people do drink water maybe that is false too read the eye witness accounts who witnessed this
moment. As I have said earlier prophesies are not part of Sikh religion but
as I have quoted a prophesy from Guru Granth Sahib ji, I don't why you are
ready to accept this fact and I don't beleive in prophesies myself if something is their it's a basic fact, turning blind eye on it, is something
we should be aware.

Regarding Topic of politics of Punjab and things related on this forum are
two side of the story, I agree it's a complex issue but one needs to have
broader view instead of running away from it, I try to delt this issue with
out a Hassle if somebody says this man is terrorist and prints in the media
and most out of not people going to accept it, but one should look what's
making them to use force govt or Akali party is that much responsible for
the state.

I'll give you an example when Bhinderwale was their from 1978-1984 not
even a single drop of water was distributed to other states and look the
condition of punjab farmers are comitting suicide so who is better Akali
part or govt or Bhinderwale?

Young kids are told not wear Turbans in present day and they are banned
from where turbans. Since Akali Party has taken over their is no parchar of
Gurmat in Punjab people are banned from Doing parchar of Dasam Granth
this what is happening in Akali politics.

In last 60 years Sant Jarnail Singh ji is most prominent parchar of Sikhi
no one has ever matched that status.

Punjab politics is nothing new it's been continuing on the firmly responsible
for situation in Punjab. Even Akalis wrote letter to Indira Gandhi to hand
over Bhinderwale but she refused and what happened genocide of Sikhs.
Do you know about this fact?

Concerning this topic I have provided basis fact it doesn't matter if this
topic is only related to politics and it is also related to our religion too and
their is no shadow of doubt about it.

I have my views but someone needs to speak up, insted of hiding behind
the bushes and just keep on commoration this operation without knowing
the actual facts what led to operation bluestar. Do you research and read
the comments of Nehru, Gandhi, Patel who termed Sikhs as a criminal tribe
and what Sikhs were promised and what they got this is political side of
things events that happened till 1984 then you will what I am taking about?

Regards

Gurveen Singh ( KHALSA)

Oct 10, 2009
Truth about Bluestar of 1984
( POLITICAL)
Here are some startling facts

This thread is concentrated on politics of Akali party their is more to that what I have been saying all along-

The following solemn assurances were made:

“Let God be the witness of the bond that binds me and the Congress to you. Our Sikhs friends have no reason to fear that it would betray them. For, the moment it does so, the Congress would not only thereby seal its own doom but that of the country too. Moreover, the Sikhs are brave people. They know how to safeguard their rights, by the exercise of arms, with perfect justification before God and man, if it should ever come to that” (Young India 19 March 1931)

“No Constitution would be acceptable to the Congress which did not satisfy the sikhs.” (Collected works of M K Gandhi Vol.58. p. 192)

“The brave Sikhs of Panjab are entitled to special consideration. I see nothing wrong in an area and a set up in the North wherein the Sikhs can also experience the glow of freedom. (Jawaharlal Nehru, Congress meeting: Calcutta – July, 1944)

" I salute to Sikhs who are fighting for independence and are sacrificing for freedom. (Moti Laal Nehru)[/FONT]

Now after having given Sikhs solid promises Akali started demonstration for political
automony and this what happened event of 1955 where all these promises were broken

Darbar Sahib attacked in 1955
( Truth)

Sikh protestors continued to grow in numbers. All the jails in Punjab had been filled and it had become increasingly difficult to contain the Sikh movement. Since the movement was started at Darbar Sahib, it was considered “headquarter” of all the operations and the government took strict measures to prevent Sikhs from going to Darbar Sahib. The police surrounded Darbar Sahib. No one was allowed to enter the premises without permission and having been searched by the police. Many Sikhs were arrested just on the basis that they were going to Darbar Sahib. It was naturally assumed that they were going to join the protestors. Even tourists were insulted and arrested. This brutal action of the police was more than enough to awaken the Sikh They marched towards Darbar Sahib in large numbers and forced police to retreat and leave the vicinity of Darbar Sahib.

Finally, it was decided to crush the movement by all means necessary. Ashwani Kumar, DIG of Jalandhar police, asked for permission to practice unlimited privileges and promised to destroy the movement within 5 days. Upon getting the permission, he ordered the police to confiscate handguns, rifles and all other firearms kept by SGPC, Sikh leaders and members of Akali Dal. Censorship was put on Sikh newspapers disallowing them to highlight the truth and educating the public of the real situation. The police stopped printing of the newspapers and closed down the main buildings. Many Sikh journalists and news reporters were arrested. Printing press was stopped, confiscated and all of the printed material was burnt by the police. It was all part of the plan so that no one would know the extent of the police operation and the mass public will stay uninformed same thing was repeated in 1984 when Punjab was cut off
from the restof the world.

After disarming the Sikh leadership, the police started its operation. First, Darbar Sahib was surrounded by thousands of policemen and the public was stopped from going in and out of the complex. Then all the rest houses were searched and everyone found was arrested. All of the political members and leaders within the vicinity of Darbar Sahib were arrested and taken to jail. Everything was searched in the SGPC office. Then the police moved to Manji Sahib. When the Sikhs protested they were met with heavy sticks and tear gas at the same chemical gas used in ordered to disperse the
protectors moreover petrol bombs were in order cause terror in hearts of people.

By this time the police had fortified every building standing outside of the main complex and started to throw tear and poisonous gas at the Sikhs. Then the police entered the main complex with shoes on and fired upon the Sikhs that had gathered there to protest peacefully. Many bullets were fired at the main building and Akal Takhat Sahib. All the religious activities such as Kirtan and Akhand Paath were stopped and every Sikh including women was insulted, beaten and then arrested. This was all done to immobilize the Sikh movement. The police kept full control of Darbar Sahib for four days. More than 3000 Sikhs were arrested including many of the leaders and employees of SGPC. Several hundred including women and children were injured. The
same method was applied in operation bluestar and whenever Sikhs demanded for
their rights holiest place was descreated and this is proof and I have not been saying
all these things out of the blue hardly anyone knows what happened in 1955 so in Last
60 years twice our holiest place is been attacked and this is the fact.

This more to do rather than govt would have backed down without Akali party support
and another exaple is shown when Poanta Sahib was attacked in 1964

Poanta Sahib

Attacked in 1964)

During the Gurdwara Reform Movement, Paonta Sahib was being managed by Mahant Lehna Singh who was a devout Sikh. He presented himself at Darbar Sahib and wished to hand over the control of the Gurdwara to SGPC but seeing his humbleness and devotion, Sikhs appointed him to manage the Gurdwara. After his death, his son Gurdial Singh took over the Gurdwara. He established political connections with many of the leaders after which he started misusing the Gurdwara for personal gains. Management became worse and Sikhs in the area started complaining to the SGPC, jathebandis and leaders like Master Tara Singh, Karta Singh and Hukam Singh. Hearing about the mismanagement of the Gurdwara, Baba Chet Singh, head of Buddha Dal, went to Paonta Sahib. Fearing the Nihungs, Gurdial Singh summoned himself, apologized for his misdeeds and took Amrit.[/FONT]

After Buddha Dal left for Punjab, Gurdial Singh resorted back to his misdeeds. His everyday activities did not go unnoticed. Many of the local Sikhs went to Punjab and invited Baba Harbhajan Singh, head of Tarna Dal, to come with them and take over the Gurdwara. On March 10<sup>th</sup>, 1964 Baba Ji took control of the Gurdwara at the request of local Sikhs. At the Gurdwara, Nihungs had started Akhand Paath Sahib (continuation of reading the Holy Scripture) and restored the Rehat Maryada of Guru Sahib. Kirtan, Katha and regular diwans were held everyday. Number of visitors to the Gurdwara started to increase. This was obviously not welcomed by Gurdial Singh but he found himself helpless in front of armed Nihung Singhs. He hired some thugs and sought help of the police to restore his control.
[/FONT]

On May 22<sup>nd</sup>, the police called Baba Harbhajan Singh to resolve the issue with Gurdial and make compromise but instead he was arrested and held in custody. Then, the police marched towards the Gurdwara. The police announced on loud speakers informing the Nihungs to come out but no one did as they were reciting the Holy Scripture. At last, the police broke the doors and windows of the Gurdwara and entered the premises with shoes on. As soon as the police walked in they started firing at Sikhs. Many of the Nihungs cooking langar and doing seva were shot dead. Nihungs reciting the Holy Scripture were also not spared and shot dead by the police. Guru Granth Sahib was drenched in the blood of the Sikhs. One Nihung who was reading Guru Granth Sahib raised his hand as a sign of stopping the police from shooting and interrupting the Akhand Paath. But the police shot his hand and he became wounded. Even then he continued to recite but the police went a step further and shot him in the chest. Nihung Singh died at the spot and fell on the saroop of Guru Granth Sahib. Baba Nihal Singh was standing next to him and wanted to take his place but the police shot him as well and he severely became wounded.[/FONT]

Total of 8 Sikhs were martyred inside the Gurdwara. The police loaded up their bodies in the truck and took them to a forest to be burnt. Three bodies were lying outside of the Gurdwara which were later cremated by the Sikhs. The entire Gurdwara was filled with empty gun shells and walls were full of bullet marks. The floor had turned red with blood. The police took saroop of Guru Granth Sahib, Dasam Granth and weapons of Guru Sahib with them. Nagara (war drum) also bore bullet marks. It was revealed later that one Sikh was beating the nagara to call other Sikhs and warn them of the attack but the police filled his body with bullets. The police tried to clean up the floor and walls but left after unsuccessful attempts. The Gurdwara Sahib was later repaired by the Sikhs. Total of 11 Nihungs of Tarna Dal sacrificed for the sanctity of the Gurdwara. Baba Nihal Singh, a wounded Sikh, became the next head of Tarna Dal and became known as a ‘Jinda Shaheed’ (Living Martyr). This bloody massacre gave a glimpse of what Mughal invaders had done to Darbar Sahib in 18<sup>th</sup> century. It leaves no doubt that although the government had changed but the oppressive policies against the Sikhs.
[/FONT]

So do you get the sense that the Sikh religion was under oppression as the above events[/FONT]
states that during 1970 Akali Party, SGPC or any other political party was not ready to[/FONT]
deal with all these challengestthen Sant Jarnail SinghKhalsa Bhinderwale emerged on the scene in 1970-1980's and he knew very well that Sikh holiest places are deserated in last
[/FONT]
30 years or so.
[/FONT]

Comment regarding Mangal Prakash deleted after several warnings about thread relevance. Narayanjot Kaur

Regards[/FONT]

Gurveen Singh ( Khalsa)
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

This thread has been re-opened.

Any further discussion that is irrelevant will be moved or deleted. Warnings will lead to infractions or the next step, pre-moderation of comments.

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
Khalsa Ji,

Our Kaum is standing at the same juncture where Jews stood after their Holocaust by Hitler. As the whole world knows, they put their intellectuals to work to analyse why that event happened to them. How could they be slaughtered mercilessly while they could have organized themselves, and resisted to whatever extent possible of their massacre. Several Books have been written on that. Those people who survived, or who lived at that time were recorded and their psychology was studied. In short, they studied each and every fine detail about the event. What is highly important is, what conclusion they came up with as to why that happened ??

DELETION OF ANTI-SEMITIC INFORMATION. I think, Literature has been written on 1984, but it is to distort the facts and bring out a false picture and reiterate it over and over again to make it a truth. Mark tully, Sunderji, KS Brar, and many have written books. Infact, theirs are books widely sold. But the books that contain the facts and real situation and intentions of govt are difficult to be circulated. They are not allowed to be publicised and are marked controversial and anti-Indian.

Therefore, with Permission of Narayanjot Ji, as per norms of the forum, I wish to start a new thread where all sangat can post links to the books possessed by them in e-format , whether related to Bandagi (Naam-Simran), Lifes of Saints(Inspirational), Sikh History(1947, 1984 etc) and other issues in Panth. I think this could be answer to many forum members asking what difference we could make individually. I must state here that During IRA movement, Cinema in ireland played a big part, as historians put it and it is acclaimed. Literature is ready and present but waits to be circulated. On the same lines, the magazine Khalsa Fatehnama, is not allowed to function ? But singhs are fighting that battle out. That magzine has got so much of material in it. I wish i had a scanner and scanned the issues of the magazine and upload for sangat to study that. Sooner or later, this would be done.

I shall update the link to new thread here.

I Wish support of sangat to share the knowledge to share with others and be well-informed.

SSA.

EDITED by narayanjot Kaur
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/1984-...consolidated-list-e-books-important-sikh.html

May 24, 2008
Maskin Ji ,
I am working on a book called KYON KEETE VISAH by Narain Singh published by Singh Brothers , Amritsar it is being translated in Engish . this is the best book I have come across on the events of post 1947 & 1984 . It was written in Feb 1985 hence it is free of any BIAS . I will post it on my blog in a month or two . I shall post the same on the thread by you .

Dalbirk ji I have to be consistent and have removed the link to your blog . There was nothing about 1984 there. Maybe you can repost. Narayanjot Kaur

I also request you to kindly go through SIKH PHULWARI the monthly magazine of Sikh Missionary College , Ludhiana . It has got very good material also .

Oct 10, 2009
Khalsa ji,

You're absolutely right our quam is going through tough times but the thing is that we
should be aware of our history and history of sikhs post independence and moreover
you will always find new things in book or magazine and it an individual to decide weather it is free from bias or not because big problem their is different evidences to an event so everyone have their free say on a particular subject.

It's good to see that their is some awarness about this issue, in many books place their
facts but sometimes some facts get distorted over due course of time so I tried my best
to put all these things on the table this is the only way to learn what happened in the
past may not ever happen again.

Other challenge is that as you're talking about that print media was banned and if authors who saw this event were threatened and so they never able to present their
side of the story intresting is thing in both the events newspapers were banned which
not in the case of Jews who survived came infront and told their side of the story so
it is very important to rem. that and it's only now people have started writing about
this issue so what I would like to share eye witness account of bluestar concerning in
1955 this is sure that it was attacked and their some pictures where army is moving
inside the complex with their issues.

Truth always lies underneath the cover, Many books written by western scholars like
Mark Tully or Brar present their out look one should rem that they have little knowledge
of Sikhi and it's more of Army point of view many Army officers were against in conducting bluestar bec they knew it would be distratours. Some politicans made
contervisal remarks were by made RSS people in holy premisesof Darbar Sahib then it should also be considered anti-India remarks, why only Sikhs are given end of stick in
all aspects we need to think about?

Sikh dharam is a religion of Saints or Brahmgyanis they know the real assence of Sikhi
though their are have been great scholars like Bhai Santokh singh who saw Sikhi from
very close perspective so they are held in high esteem.

The so called scholars who are writing about Bluestar their is bound to be a difference.
The main thing is to have full faith in Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj nothing else.

Regards

Gurveen Singh

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
Khalsa ji,

You're absolutely right our quam is going through tough times but the thing is that we
should be aware of our history and history of sikhs post independence and moreover
you will always find new things in book or magazine and it an individual to decide weather it is free from bias or not because big problem their is different evidences to an event so everyone have their free say on a particular subject.

It's good to see that their is some awarness about this issue, in many books place their
facts but sometimes some facts get distorted over due course of time so I tried my best
to put all these things on the table this is the only way to learn what happened in the
past may not ever happen again.

Other challenge is that as you're talking about that print media was banned and if authors who saw this event were threatened and so they never able to present their
side of the story intresting is thing in both the events newspapers were banned which
not in the case of Jews who survived came infront and told their side of the story so
it is very important to rem. that and it's only now people have started writing about
this issue so what I would like to share eye witness account of bluestar concerning in
1955 this is sure that it was attacked and their some pictures where army is moving
inside the complex with their issues.

Truth always lies underneath the cover, Many books written by western scholars like
Mark Tully or Brar present their out look one should rem that they have little knowledge
of Sikhi and it's more of Army point of view many Army officers were against in conducting bluestar bec they knew it would be distratours. Some politicans made
contervisal remarks were by made RSS people in holy premisesof Darbar Sahib then it should also be considered anti-India remarks, why only Sikhs are given end of stick in
all aspects we need to think about?

Sikh dharam is a religion of Saints or Brahmgyanis they know the real assence of Sikhi
though their are have been great scholars like Bhai Santokh singh who saw Sikhi from
very close perspective so they are held in high esteem.

The so called scholars who are writing about Bluestar their is bound to be a difference.
The main thing is to have full faith in Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj nothing else.

Regards

Gurveen Singh

Gurveen Ji,

If you have any ebooks to upload, please do so. We have done enough intellectual exercise. Its time to put in some efforts, with due respect.

Here is the link to new thread for this:

EDITED. NARAYANJOT KAUR

SSA.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I have tried to be patient regarding digressions to discuss materials that have no bearing on 1984, and in fact are an insult to our shaheeds because they are based on superstition and hearsay. Publication of information that is not factual regarding the genocide of Jews is also unacceptable. The thread is closed. Send me a private message if you have concerns or want further details. Thank you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM