• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Atheism Would An Atheist Pray In A Life And Death Situation?

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
I don't think so. To be fair it'd be like if someone asked Sikhs if they would pray to leprechauns. This only applies to Athiests who are firm to what they believe in, deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Getting back to the op question of ''Life and Death situation''
-it reminds me of those terrible last moments of the victims of 9/11 that were up on the higher floors. The immense heat and smoke was filling every pocket of available space and soon they were virtually trying to breathe in an oven like atmosphere.
We know that some of them had their heads sticking out the windows just to get some cool air and then there were the one's that obviously made the split second decisions to jump.

What has always frightened me is the thought of 'what were these jumpers thinking ?'
I think that whether they were atheist or not, at that moment in particular it was all about trying to save yourself and survive.
It would be insulting to the victims or the families if I were to say whether they prayed or not.
Some of these jumpers went very calmly whereas others were moving around quite erratically. At this time of calm descent, I can only imagine an atheist saying '' If there is a God, then please save me.. where are you ...."

I can't really write too much on this because it upsets me to be thinking about it, but my heart still goes out to all the families..
and all I can think is 'waheguru'

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
don't think so. To be fair it'd be like if someone asked Sikhs if they would pray to leprechauns

You mean praying to a mythical figure that has no grounds or place in Sikhism?

Still I have yet to see a leprechaun worshiping Sikh attempting to justify it, I guess they keep it to themselves rather than looking for quotes about leprechauns in order to confuse and corrupt.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Still I have yet to see a leprechaun worshiping Sikh attempting to justify it, I guess they keep it to themselves rather than looking for quotes about leprechauns in order to confuse and corrupt.

Harry ji, there was a Sikh on this website recently defending imps!! Perhaps not worshipping but who knows.....

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: