• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Worshipping The Eternal Lord

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
SAt Sree Akaal Sikh 80 ji
Satguru ji explains your point in Raag Maru
" koyee aakhe bhootna koyee betala 11
koyee aakhe aadmi Nanak vechara 11(1) bhyeea diwana SAH ka Nanak buorana 11 haanon HAR bin awar na jana 11(1 rahao) taon diwana janye je bhai diwana hoye 11 eki SAHIB bahra dooja awar n koye 11(2) tao diwana janyai ja eka kaar kammaye11 Hukm pashane KHASM ka dooji awar syaanp kaye11(3) Tao diwana janai ja SAHIB dhre pyaar 11 manda jane aap ko awar bhlaa sansaar 11(4/7) M-1
While truely worshipping Almighty Satguru faced ignorant type of judgement of people who saw Guru ji in a state of completely in love with HIM. Stress is given on worshipping only ONE Almighty and disregarding any other for this pious love. Sikhs used to be like this and stayed like this even after Dasm sroop,A Mahamdan writer who hated them praised thrier character while in action in defence(when most humans abandon all princples, Sikhs kept glueing to Gurumatt. First developing unconditional love for HIM and having feelings of separation from the Creator, a Sikh walks in society filled with elevating joy of being with HIM.
( Text meaning: People seeing me being in love with HIM, call me ghost like, astray man and some call me a poor fellow, they have just failed to understand that this is the state of person who is lost in HIS memory. I have fallen for my Master, you wont understand because you do not have that experience. Like you, I do not go to others but to HIM only. Actually in love are those who over come the fear of being ridiculed. I just do not give importance to any other one but HIM. Fallen for God is that one who serves only One and understands HIS Command and sees HIM behind all the show going on in the world. Being wise is to unmderstand HIS Order. Only then one can be called fallen for HIM if one blossoms love for HIM with in and considers all HIS world better than oneself, in such a way one should eliminate one's ego.)

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Pk 70 Ji,

Just one very humble request to you:

Kirpa karke- please Bani ta Shudh Likho Ji(Please write Gurbani in its correct Form)

you write:

koyee aakhe aadmi Nanak vechara 11(1) bhyeea diwana SAH ka Nanak buorana 11 haanon HAR bin awar na jana 11(1 rahao) taon diwana janye je bhai diwana hoye 11 eki SAHIB bahra dooja awar n koye 11(2) tao diwana janyai ja eka kaar kammaye11 Hukm pashane KHASM ka dooji awar syaanp kaye11(3) Tao diwana janai ja SAHIB dhre pyaar 11 manda jane aap ko awar bhlaa sansaar 11(4/7) M-1

Actually it is:

mwrU mhlw 1 ]
koeI AwKY BUqnw ko khY byqwlw ]
koeI AwKY AwdmI nwnku vycwrw ]1]
BieAw idvwnw swh kw nwnku baurwnw ]
hau hir ibnu Avru n jwnw ]1] rhwau ]
qau dyvwnw jwxIAY jw BY dyvwnw hoie ]
eykI swihb bwhrw dUjw Avru n jwxY koie ]2]
qau dyvwnw jwxIAY jw eykw kwr kmwie ]
hukmu pCwxY Ksm kw dUjI Avr isAwxp kwie ]3]
qau dyvwnw jwxIAY jw swihb Dry ipAwru ]
mMdw jwxY Awp kau Avru Blw sMswru ]4]7]

mwrU mhlw 1 ]

I am sorry, you wrote the very first line wrong and one whole word is missing later. Please take it as a very humble friendly suggestion.

Thankyou

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Sardara123 said:
Pk 70 Ji,

Kirpa karke- please Bani ta Shudh Likho Ji(Please write Gurbani in its correct Form)

you write:

Quote:

Actually it is:

mwrU mhlw 1 ]

mwrU mhlw 1 ]

I am sorry, you wrote the very first line wrong and one whole word is missing later. Please take it as a very humble friendly suggestion.

Thankyou

Sardara123,

Go check out the link PK70 gave in NaamJapna Thread, post # 302 as the source(which is not understood by me moor-source of what?).

The very first page will tell you the story.

they write on it:

"sarb dharm manh sresat dharm
Naam japu nirmal karam......"

"Har Ka" is totally missing. It cant be a typo, as person started the second line with capital 'N'.

And most important thing is that which Sikh- who is writting about Sikhi- wont know this tuk correctly>>>>>>>>> surprise surprise surprise, my kids knew it when they were 3/4 years old.

So guess yourself: what's going onnnnnnnnnnnn.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Pk 70 Ji,

you write:

Actually it is:

mwrU mhlw 1 ]

mwrU mhlw 1 ]

Thankyou
Dear Sahib Sardara123 ji

My humble appology, I should have copied it instead of using my memory, no excuse, forgive me. This is a shabad which is fortified with inspiration to follow footsteps of Gurmatt to feel HIM close.

Pk70
Har bisrat sda khuari

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Sardara123,

Go check out the link PK70 gave in NaamJapna Thread, post # 302 as the source(which is not understood by me moor-source of what?).

they write on it:

"Har Ka" is totally missing. It cant be a typo, as person started the second line with capital 'N'.

And most important thing is that which Sikh- who is writting about Sikhi- wont know this tuk correctly>>>>>>>>> surprise surprise surprise, my kids knew it when they were 3/4 years old.

Ambrdhara ji
Sorry if something typed wrong or used capital letter where it should have not, please let me know the incorrect tuk so that I can refresh my memory. While typing, in a flow numerous mistakes can occur if a person is not habitual of typing daily( missing or skipping a word could ruin the meaning, it should not happen) I do not have good memory and unfortunately didnt start memorizing Gurbani at age 3-4, forgive for that.I didnt go on any site to copy and past the exact shabad. Surprise what, will you elobrate so that I can learn from Gursikhs who are better than me. I aam really not writing about Sikhi, it is itself so broad field, how an ignorant guy like me can claim to do so? : I must compliment your memory and a capacity to memorize correctly While reading translated Guru Shabad, if I see the meaning is not as per its original, I just want to make people aware of it. I came accross numerous books with same faults.
Arent we Sikhs, learners from each other? Then what story you are thinking og, please share with me. I kept doing Jaap, reciting but found my heart filled with the trash Satguru advises us to overcome. I felt bad inside, I realized merely reading or reciting was becoming a ritualism for me so I started searching meaning of it in Guru Granth Sahib. Jap word was interpretted by Guru Sahiban in numerous contexts. What I did I shared that with my follow Gursikhs. I am not advocate of memorizing Gurbani but keep losing temper, judging people, imagining things about some one which could be untrue, keep favourtism, condoning all which is against Gurbani. My simple principle is try to be learner. If we fall, get up, do the improvement, start again, if fall again, again get up and keep doing till we become worthy of Satguru as it is not easy to live in this world engrossed with Maya.I shall be truly grateful to you if you make me aware if I overlook something while typing or referring.
Thanks for writing though!
pk70
HAR bisrat sda khuaari

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
THERE IS AN ONLINE SHABAD INDEX which is normally used for the shabad. If you're looking for aukhi ghari then see this :-
http://www.sikhnet.com/GurbaniKirtan/romanindex.html

But if your search base is author based like 5th Mehl, then go here :
http://www.gurbanifiles.org/bani_by_author/

For Raga based search : http://www.searchgurbani.com/raags/index.php

Also check out the site with page reference Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib

~ namjap ~

Sat Sree AKAAL Naamjap ji
Thanks for giving site addresses. I actually never used them to give qoatation since I usually read and write. For this books sitting on the desk are very helpful, while writing I can read it, correct it, reframe the sentence, change what I feel, totally different than typing on a thread in response.One mistake on a thread, people start making fun of. Good for them if they can be happy in that way. All are HIS.
Thanks again.
PK70
HAR bisrat sda khuaari

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Ambrdhara ji
Sorry if something typed wrong or used capital letter where it should have not, please let me know the incorrect tuk so that I can refresh my memory. While typing, in a flow numerous mistakes can occur if a person is not habitual of typing daily( missing or skipping a word could ruin the meaning, it should not happen) I do not have good memory and unfortunately didnt start memorizing Gurbani at age 3-4, forgive for that.I didnt go on any site to copy and past the exact shabad. Surprise what, will you elobrate so that I can learn from Gursikhs who are better than me. I aam really not writing about Sikhi, it is itself so broad field, how an ignorant guy like me can claim to do so? : I must compliment your memory and a capacity to memorize correctly While reading translated Guru Shabad, if I see the meaning is not as per its original, I just want to make people aware of it. I came accross numerous books with same faults.
Arent we Sikhs, learners from each other? Then what story you are thinking og, please share with me. I kept doing Jaap, reciting but found my heart filled with the trash Satguru advises us to overcome. I felt bad inside, I realized merely reading or reciting was becoming a ritualism for me so I started searching meaning of it in Guru Granth Sahib. Jap word was interpretted by Guru Sahiban in numerous contexts. What I did I shared that with my follow Gursikhs. I am not advocate of memorizing Gurbani but keep losing temper, judging people, imagining things about some one which could be untrue, keep favourtism, condoning all which is against Gurbani. My simple principle is try to be learner. If we fall, get up, do the improvement, start again, if fall again, again get up and keep doing till we become worthy of Satguru as it is not easy to live in this world engrossed with Maya.I shall be truly grateful to you if you make me aware if I overlook something while typing or referring.
Thanks for writing though!
pk70
HAR bisrat sda khuaari

First of all- You misunderstood me, sorry for not being clear.

- I was solely talking about the 'SOURCE' you notifyed in one of your posts (Thread- naam japna, post # 302):

PK 70 said:
[/quote]

There they have the one I mentioned.

You are surprising me even more: you gave the source and you dont know what is it about, what does it say?

THIS IS WHAT THEY SAY:

Do you know Guru Arjan Dev says so in Sukhmani:
"Sarb dharm manh sresat dharam
Naam japu nirmal karam....." -Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Aang
'Of all religions, the best religion is to practice
Naam (Name of God) and to do pious deeds (truthful
living).

In the Gurbani Part they are missing the WORDS 'HAR KA' between the words 'dharam' and 'Naam'.

I think it will be useless to carry on this conversation.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
First of all- You misunderstood me, sorry for not being clear.

- I was solely talking about the 'SOURCE' you notifyed in one of your posts (Thread- naam japna, post # 302):

There they have the one I mentioned.

You are surprising me even more: you gave the source and you dont know what is it about, what does it say?

I think it will be useless to carry on this conversation.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.[/quote]

Sat Sree AKAAL Ambardhara ji

As you wish, I wrote what I understood from your post. You thought you are clear and I failed to do so, my appologies. Conversation is only good if not taken personal.Who were you pointing out about not knowing "tuk...source?." Pardon me if Mistake occured or source was not mentioned.It is not a thesis, mistakes occur big hearts point out, correction are made. " you wrote" you will know the whole story? What story my dear Gursikh ji? Source is only Guru Granth Sahib Guru de pyare jio, HAR rate word was used as refference to grasp the meaning of jap at different level. If you didnt get it, may be I was not able to eloborate it in detail, again my appologies, but shouldnt have you asked for it? Then you talk about a child of 3-4 yrs who can remember tuk, in what context sir/madam? If really you are interested in Gurbani vichar, come out with big heart that ignores minor mistakes or if necessary, they are pointed out humbly instead of funny way. People who boast about memorizing Gurbani are just experiencing davastating ego. I remember S Harbans Singh, a Sikh Scholar gave a lecture in English in Amritsar long time ago,Some one pointed out his a grammatical mistake, you know what he replied" Sir, did you hrear only that line from my lecture? Here is the source In Maro Mehla 1 Satguru talks about HAR RATE.
WAHEGURU MAY bless you with more knowledge, I do pray for you.

PK 70
HAR bisrat sda khuaari

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
From your conversation about misunderstanding each other - apparently nothing new - where translations are concerned - I can understand Sardara123's reason for not delving into translations.

Because translations are going to cause this kind of confusion. And such confusion brings about ego to 'set things right' by taking a defensive position.

It has happened before, many times.
Well, the faster this is resolved, the better. Peace to all.

~ namjap ~

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
PK70 Ji and Ambar Dhara Ji,

Please bear in mind that SPN is a platform where we speak our hearts out and there is nothing wrong in sharing and caring for each other. Therefore, if you haven't started doing this, please do - share and care for each other. Dhanwaad.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Sardara123,

they write on it:

I read that too. Lots of sites do this, I think it is carelessness on the part of the management. I sent an email to the management of that site about it, no reply yet.

Thanks

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
PK70 Ji and Ambar Dhara Ji,

Please bear in mind that SPN is a platform where we speak our hearts out and there is nothing wrong in sharing and caring for each other. Therefore, if you haven't started doing this, please do - share and care for each other. Dhanwaad.

What happened namjap Ji?

There is no misunderstanding on my part namjap Ji. If one speak about one issue with some body, somebody responds back with a totally different issue, first one respond back to the respondant with enough clarification, but he/she comes back again all mixed up with unimportant arguments then I think it is wise to not prolong that conversation.

SANJAM can help a lot in such issues. I hope we as Sikhs are aware of this term- SANJAM(SELF CONTROL).
:) :)SANJAM along with SHARING AND CARING :) :)

DHANVAAD to all concerned.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Let us practice what Guru Ji want us to practice.

Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar
Waho Waho Bani Nirankaar Hai Tis Jevad Avar Na Koi
SGGS JI

ANG 8

SATGURU PRASAAD

ਜਤੁ ਪਾਹਾਰਾ ਧੀਰਜੁ ਸੁਨਿਆਰੁ ॥
jath paahaaraa dhheeraj suniaar ||
Let self-control be the furnace, and patience the goldsmith.

Gurbani eis jag meh chaanan
Gurbani alakh lakhiayaa
Gurbani Gavo Bhaee
charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
From your conversation about misunderstanding each other - apparently nothing new - where translations are concerned - I can understand Sardara123's reason for not delving into translations.

Because translations are going to cause this kind of confusion. And such confusion brings about ego to 'set things right' by taking a defensive position.

It has happened before, many times.
Well, the faster this is resolved, the better. Peace to all.

~ namjap ~

Nothing causes any confusion, Sir Namjap Ji. I think you misunderstood me. I am not a writer, I dont know how to put my thoughts into beautiful words, as you do. Just my presence here on SPN confuses you, what if I start writing- just joking;).

We can post as many translations as we want, those still be the thoughts of others, Nothing can match Guru Shabad.
Guru Shabad is the one that-'set things right', not the translations or the thoughts.

:)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM