• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Will The World End Or Not?

sikhsoldier

SPNer
Apr 16, 2006
Can anyone tell if in the Siri Guru Granth Gahib Ji it has mentioned that the world will end, or even if any of the sikh Gurus have said anything about the world will ending or not??

thank you

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
Re: will the world end or not???

"Everything that has a beginning has an end.
Make you peace with this and all will be well."

Buddha

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
Re: will the world end or not???

Dude, you gotta be careful...those conspiracy theories will eat up your life if you let them.

The fact of the matter is that greed has always been the one constant throughout every event in human history.

Our Gurus fought against greed, in order to restore human rights.

Now, that freedom appears to be under attack once again and - as before - a those freedoms will have to be fought for in some form or another.

The only question is: what are you gonna do about it?

Nov 19, 2006
interesting topic, i've wondered about this many times now that you brought it up i'm gona try to find something.. maybe go to the gurdwara and ask some granthis... but i know it mentions something about kalyug.. and this is kalyug.. but i don't know if kalyug is the last yug or what it specifically says about it.. thanks for awakening my curiousity once again...

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
Probably not in your lifetime. We await "rule by the Pure" which i doubt our generation will see.:cool:

That sounds like something Hitler would say.

interesting topic, i've wondered about this many times now that you brought it up i'm gona try to find something.. maybe go to the gurdwara and ask some granthis... but i know it mentions something about kalyug.. and this is kalyug.. but i don't know if kalyug is the last yug or what it specifically says about it.. thanks for awakening my curiousity once again...

Feeling the invasion of the Hindu mindset, yet? :}{}{}:

navroopsingh

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
pertaining to kalyug, we have always and will always be in kalyug until the world ends which it will. Everything except for God dies or ends at one point or another and it IS stated in the Guru Granth Sahib at several points where they speak of Vaheguru's neverendingness(not sure if that is a word or not).

aCe

SPNer
Nov 22, 2006
theres an end to everything, why worry about it, its beyond human comprehension....live life...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Gurbani declares quite clearly..baar baar pasriah Pasarah....this entire CREATION ( not only this small tiny dot of dust we call our earth) has Begun and Ended COUNTLESS times...ALL in HIS Divine Will... IN FACT the One and ONLY Divine Messenger to ever declare that .."For Countless EONS of Time..Akaal sat in His own samadhi....Arbad Narbad DHANDOOKARA...all darkness and silence...and then suddenly...BIG BANG..in an instant the cycle of creation began...light was created..dispelling the Darkness...and has been going on since..SUCH creations have been countless. No religious book or prophet etc has even mentioned about this and Science is on the path to prove this..all that the others knew was Man-knowledge..like Sun is a god, earth is the centre of the universe,, the SUN revolves around the earth..the earth is FLAT...the STARS are our dead relatives....ONLY GURU NANAK JI told the TRUTH..verifiable TRUTH as we know it today..500 years ago ( not in twisted round about words that can be translated differently but in STRAIGHT LANGUAGE !! meaning that He ahd the KNOWLEDGE..far more than we even realsie till today...like the concept of "SPHERES" in the Universe that science is exploring today...
Why worry about something BEYOND our control ?? Worry baout what we can DO now in this LIFETIME. SGGS Stresses that we humans CANT do anythign about the Universe..BUt we can do something about OUR LIFE..so DO IT.

Gyani jarnail Singh

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
i do not know, but believe much of Kaljug has passed and what Guru Nanak Dev Ji has told us is or has come true. but "Hum Admi Ik Dami, Molat Mohht Na Jana". i can only try to save my every breath because my time can end now.
it is difficult to translate into english, if you can understand punjabi please goto Home "Prabh Milne ka Chao" this Gurmukh explains the Gurbani Sri. Guru Granth Sahib Ji to us in complete.
but only when you do PRACTICAL simran & Bagti you will understand what is written and what is said. Guruji Says "Apni Matt Tiago Har Jann Ehi Bath Katenih" to forget everything you know and believe and FOLLOW what the Guru is saying to be true is the only way.
if you do not understand somthing please ask, because we have forgotten we must keep asking until we find Waheguru. my email is Adeep646@yahoo.com.

navroopsingh

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Im pretty sure kalyug and all the other yug's were also part of hindu beliefs that later were accepted or carried on with by many Sikh's. We really should stop their infiltration before we are fully welcomed into Hindustan

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
Bagga : GURU GRANTH SAHIB Ji says at the end only Sadus will live on and has metioned that everything will be "erased" and only Vahegurus servant will survive. page 1100 detailes this "JO DISE SO VINSNANA, SAB BINAS BINASI. ThIR PARBRAMH PARMESRO SEVAK THIR HOSI" whatever is seen shall perish all will disappear, Only WAHEGURU and his servant are permanent.
even if you see sceince today the center of every galaxy is black hole into which the planets are erased like bubbles in water. the 9th GURU SRI GURU TEG BAHADUR SAHIB JI says in the end Salok M 9, "JaESE JAL TE BUDBUDA UPJE BINSE MIT, JAG RACHNA TESE RACHI KO NANAK SUN MIT" like bubbles in water disappear, the world is created like this listen friend.
the GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI tell us the road to milap with our Father, our everything WAHEGURU for those who have forgotten. GOTO Prabh Milne Ka Chao.com
this website has audio and video explaing the Guru Granth Sahib JI in complete.
if you have any questions feel free to email me addep646@yahoo.com

Jan 6, 2007
UK
Re: Will the world end or not?

Yes, but it will take sometime yet. Life in our solar system began from Saturn then on to Jupiter, Mars and now the earth. You may have heard in the news that the Chemistry of Venus is changing. Yes that is the next step followed by Mercury before this solar system collapses. The size and strength of the Sun is rapidly reducing. When there is no Sun (power source) there will be no life. Then again there is several other Galaxies where life goes on.

navroopsingh

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Dont listen to this Bagga fellow or skmusafir ajnabi because what they say is ********. This solar system wont collapse until the sun dies out and that won't be for a LONG time. In the guru granth sahib it is CLEARLY stated that the world will end. It is specifically stated countless times so stop posting incorrect stuff.

"Pathala Pathal Lak Agasa Agas"
There are netherworlds beneath netherworlds and hundreds of thousands of heavenly worlds above.

Life does not live in several other galaxies but ALL over the universe. scientists just havent found it because we havent evolved enough technologically.

BTW if you're going to quote the guru granth sahib on an issue(this lodged to bagga 13), find out what's written in the guru granth sahib first.

Perdip

SPNer
Jan 7, 2007
Dont listen to this Bagga fellow or skmusafir ajnabi because what they say is ********. This solar system wont collapse until the sun dies out and that won't be for a LONG time. In the guru granth sahib it is CLEARLY stated that the world will end. It is specifically stated countless times so stop posting incorrect stuff.

"Pathala Pathal Lak Agasa Agas"
There are netherworlds beneath netherworlds and hundreds of thousands of heavenly worlds above.

Life does not live in several other galaxies but ALL over the universe. scientists just havent found it because we havent evolved enough technologically.

BTW if you're going to quote the guru granth sahib on an issue(this lodged to bagga 13), find out what's written in the guru granth sahib first.
Sar Sri Akall Sikh Soldier

Guru Ji has referred to the end on several occasions. You may find some of these referring to the end of our life but some also to the end of this world/creation. I am not biased or try not to be anyway and if you want to know about The End, you will get more detail in the Holy Quran. You will find many things in the Quran referenced in the SGGS and as a Sikh (student/disciple) it is good to learn and gain as much knowledge as possible to help increase us in faith and make us more God fearing. The following are from the SGGS Ji...

You fool! Why are you so proud of Maya? Father, children, spouse, mother and all relatives—they shall not be your helpers in the end.

O Siblings of Destiny, God is my Friend and Companion. Emotional attachment to children and spouse is poison; in the end, no one will go along with you as your helper.

O Nanak, in the end, all this vanishes like a dream!

O my mind, meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. The Naam is your Companion; it shall always be with you. It shall save you in the world hereafter.

Without the True One, everything is false; in the end, all shall perish.

You worthless, faithless cynic—recognize your own origin! This body is made of blood and semen. It shall be consigned to the fire in the end.

In the beginning, in the middle and in the end, there is God.

Digging deep foundations, the walls are constructed, but in the end, the buildings return to heaps of dust.

I live by chanting and meditating on the Naam, and so I obtain immense bliss. Attachment to the world is useless and vain; it is false, and perishes in the end.

My God knows, ahead of time, all things. Deceived by doubt, you may hide your actions, but in the end, you shall have to confess the secrets of your mind.

Without You, there is no other at all. You Yourself created the world, and You Yourself shall destroy it in the end. The Word of Your Shabad alone is pervading everywhere; whatever You do, comes to pass.

In the end, your own soul shall have to answer for its account.

More importantly as mentioned by Gyani Ji, we should concentrate more on the moment we are living and treat it as the last minute/second and every day as its last as we do now know when our time will come to depart. Serve your mother and father as much as possible, be kind to your wife and serve the children God has gifted you with much love (whowever has any), be kind to your fellow humans and creation and serve them at every opportunity. Do everything the Guru Ji has instructed, especially working towards earning the precious Name of God and for the Name to come and reside in your heart and flow through your veins constantly. Search for the one who has already obtained the Name of God and as Guru Ji says, all your sufferings will come to an end.

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguru ji ke phateh

Jul 10, 2006
Sar Sri Akall Sikh Soldier

Guru Ji has referred to the end on several occasions. You may find some of these referring to the end of our life but some also to the end of this world/creation. I am not biased or try not to be anyway and if you want to know about The End, you will get more detail in the Holy Quran. You will find many things in the Quran referenced in the SGGS and as a Sikh (student/disciple) it is good to learn and gain as much knowledge as possible to help increase us in faith and make us more God fearing.

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguru ji ke phateh

Dear Muslim in the guise of a Sikh,

More detail in the Quran???? No offense but you are talking alot of nonsense here.

There are various post in this Sikh forum that will prove you otherwise.

navroopsingh

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
some of perdip's other posts have tilted towards the side of islam quite a bit.I never said that the universe wouldn't end but was rather speaking of how large the universe is and the method by which it would be destroyed(i dont know why because itll be ultimately fruitless)...i still wonder how bagga claims to know of life in A FEW OTHER galaxies when the guru Granth Sahib speaks of life all over the universe spread throughout

Perdip

SPNer
Jan 7, 2007
Dear Kaur Ji

Please give contructive replies. Please read my replies to yours in other threads. I thank God for giving me strength to hold back fromgiving ersonal resonses to your comments as they will remain fruitless.

Navroop Ji

Your reply accidentally got quoted in my reply. My message was not referring to what you said in anyway. Apologies for any misunderstanding. You a very good sikh if you do not mind me saying so as well as many others and God knows who they are.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM