• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Why Is The World In Such A Horrid State? Some General Questions

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
We often try to look on the bright side of things but its undeniable, why is the world in such a horrid state? Not only with physical acts, wars, abuse, disasters, hunger, poverty etc., but emotionally? Especially in the west, why is selfishness rampant? Why is humanity disappearing??? Why is there so little value for goodness and doing the right thing? Its a circus! The physical world is in a sad state as is, with the environment... but it often seems like our species is heading backwards, worse than animals, on occasion.

What is happening to us? Why so much apathy?

Why are little kids listening to Katy Perry and Lady Gaga and its all about sex, sex, sex? Why is this happening/acceptable? Why is it the goal of western media to pillage all innocence? Why aren't marriages lasting? Why are people selling themselves so short? Their own hearts and dignity? Why do we have so little faith in each other?

Please offer some insight. How do you navigate through this mess? Why is God allowing this to happen?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Re: Just a general question

Navdeep ji you have provided all the insight. What more is left?
I'll give it a try anyway:
I see all your questions as statements of what you perceive. See if you can accept that perception as it is. After all you say God is allowing it. Accept his Hukam.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009

Bhagat Singh Ji,

Do you believe God is allowing all of the above? How do you make peace with his Hukum when you find it almost unbearable? When you wanna fight it more than swallow it, b/c its not right, not just?

I cant accept that perception (reality), if this is his Hukum, I dont know how to accept it or why I should. That is not what the God I believe in wants. And if it is, what good is my faith, if its not universal, not in effect everywhere? What good is the cacoon of faith? Why should I continue to invest in it, if all these terrible things continue to happen... if things seem to be falling apart more than being put together?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

More insight. Thank you Navdeep ji

Ok now I feel like I am only here to tell you that you already know. I mean that you already know. You are witnessing the Truth. What you are perceiving is God.

But if you want more words then read on:
Seems like you had expectations that were unmet. Be aware of them, be aware of your beliefs about them and be aware of what God has given you in the present moment.
Right now what are you wearing? Look at it.

What are you sitting on? Feel it.

What are you sensing? Pay attention to it.

That flag in the corner of the comment box is very interesting isn't it?

He has already given you so much.

If you are stuck in bright side of things, then you are stuck in not so bright side of things. Peace is obtained when this struggle stops. This conflict, duality... get out of it by accepting it.
We want something to be a certain way, sometimes it does not turn out to be so.

Arguing with what already is, is madness. It already is. It is the Truth. Accepting the Truth brings peace.

That's what I got from you. Cheers and thanks

Annie

SPNer
Jun 12, 2011

Suffering has always happened, Navdeep ji. Only the forms it takes have changed a little. The same can be said about joy.

There will always be people around us trying new things and learning new lessons. Do you believe in Karma? Let me throw this thought out for you: what if Karma is not a punishment at all, but a teaching tool, for us to learn wisdom we could not otherwise learn? Usually we are the students, but every once in a while, we are just a pawn in someone else's lesson.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

We often try to look on the bright side of things but its undeniable, why is the world in such a horrid state? Not only with physical acts, wars, abuse, disasters, hunger, poverty etc., but emotionally? Especially in the west, why is selfishness rampant? Why is humanity disappearing??? Why is there so little value for goodness and doing the right thing? Its a circus! The physical world is in a sad state as is, with the environment... but it often seems like our species is heading backwards, worse than animals, on occasion.

What is happening to us? Why so much apathy?

Why are little kids listening to Katy Perry and Lady Gaga and its all about sex, sex, sex? Why is this happening/acceptable? Why is it the goal of western media to pillage all innocence? Why aren't marriages lasting? Why are people selling themselves so short? Their own hearts and dignity? Why do we have so little faith in each other?

Please offer some insight. How do you navigate through this mess? Why is God allowing this to happen?

Navdeepji,

If the question is whether we are heading forwards or backwards as a species, I would have to say, I think we are heading forwards. Go back 500 years and India was ruled by barbarians, fond of sticking sikh heads on spears, go back 50 years and racism was legal in South Africa! These bad things have been happening since time started, I would like to think they are getting more and more absent, the world is becoming a more just place, although as you pointed out, it still has its flaws. Selfishness is not just evident in the West, When I go to India, I am amazed that people can overlook the most awful poverty right on their front doorstep.

As for the media, I feel you are making it a scapegoat, the media gives people what they want, and what people want is sex. BUT you can make a choice, there are much more people in the world today, so the numbers of 'people' behaving like people may seem more than in years gone by, but there are still the few, the believers, the people that have faith in the truth.

why is god allowing this to happen? when I was younger, I was obsessed with the meaning of life, I finally found it, to merge with the truth, and this morning, another relevation, to fight for the truth, to support the truth, to enslave myself to the truth. No one is allowing anything to happen, what is happening is the truth, and each one of us makes a choice on a daily basis as to whether we are part of that truth or not. If we are, then we must accept it. If a teacher reads out an examination result to a pupil, it is not the teacher that is making a decision or awarding a score, that score and decision are the truth, nothing can change that, but to a young pupil, that teacher is the owner of the truth, and can be confused with creating the truth

just my opinion peacesign

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Bhagat Singh Ji,

The line "He has already given you so much" is very true. Accepting is not easy. Accepting gain and happiness is, the shadow and loss, not so much. But its undeniable, theres only one way to go... and that is not the external route, cuz the above is what I see when I look outside... chaos. Thank you for your reply.

Annie Ji,
I think you're right, lessons do feel like punishment at times!

Harry Ji,
I like what you've written about truth and CHOICE. Thank you.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Navdeep ji, Thank you.

Meditate on your first post, I think there is lots of wisdom there. Just keep repeating it, dwelling in it, analyzing it until you see the wisdom.

The rest of us just mirrored that wisdom back to you. We said nothing different to you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM