• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why India Cannot Win Athletic Medal At Olympics

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Aman singh ji

I very well remember that.But unfortunately that player Harmeet singh apart from final did not performed well.His bowling speed was between mid 120s and he used to bat at No.11 .Only in the final he performed good.But with This type of performence I don't Think he will get selected in Indian team.

Any champions league of cricket t20 is going to be started in October and international clubs too will participate in It so I hope He will perform well O/W
He is going to be thrashed by international clubs

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre
This is ********. I've heard the same excuses from Indians everywhere. We are just not good enough physically. Bullcrap we're not. How the **** do Asians who are about the same physically or even smaller make it to the Soccer and Rugby World Cups yet we cannot even reach the Asian championship finals.

Indians in general are lazy thats half the reason we never make it anywhere. The other reason is that Indian parents make their kids play sport for the money not for the sport itself.

Remember that old Hindi saying
"Padoge Likhoge banoge nawab, Kheloge Kudoge hoege Kharab". This kind of attitude stuffs it up.

I think the best example is the boxers from Haryana. Boxing requires immense strength and stamina. Even if they managed a Bronze on the world stage thats quite good.

However, I see the future as bleak. Kids are getting more into TV than sports these days. It'll be the same yet again in the next generation. The city rich who have the money to afford good muscles etc will never go into sports and the rural poor who never get the same kind of food will go into sports. The result, we fail yet again.

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
His bowling speed was between mid 120s and he used to bat at No.11 .

I dont know why are are getting a hard on about fast bowling. Fast bowling is overrated. Aim of cricket is to take wickets, not to break the stumps.

When I lived in India, I used to think fast bowling was the best thing god invented. That was until I moved to Australia and watched Glenn McGrath bowl. I thought Ishant Sharma would be the next McGrath but I don't know where he is these days.

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Probably the difference in skeletal muscle mass between the Australians and others may not be as high as between Indians and others.

Whatever marginal difference might have been there would have been more than made up by their diet, training and development of "Frontier Mentality" which means no restrictions absolutely. Remember North America also went through this phase in the 19th century which was also known as the "Wild West or the Cowboy Mentality" and that was the time of greatest achievements. Australia is fast catching up with the same.

During our schooldays we saw many lovely movies. But with the end of Clint Eastwood era they don't make such movies anymore.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
This is ********. I've heard the same excuses from Indians everywhere. We are just not good enough physically. Bullcrap we're not. How the **** do Asians who are about the same physically or even smaller make it to the Soccer and Rugby World Cups yet we cannot even reach the Asian championship finals.

Indians in general are lazy thats half the reason we never make it anywhere. The other reason is that Indian parents make their kids play sport for the money not for the sport itself.

Remember that old Hindi saying
"Padoge Likhoge banoge nawab, Kheloge Kudoge hoege Kharab". This kind of attitude stuffs it up.

I think the best example is the boxers from Haryana. Boxing requires immense strength and stamina. Even if they managed a Bronze on the world stage thats quite good.

However, I see the future as bleak. Kids are getting more into TV than sports these days. It'll be the same yet again in the next generation. The city rich who have the money to afford good muscles etc will never go into sports and the rural poor who never get the same kind of food will go into sports. The result, we fail yet again.

Indians are lazy i always heard but the question is How an Indian is getting noble prize .There plenty of Indian doctors,scientists etc do you think these people are lazy.India always produced best when it comes to work which require brain but I can't say same thing about where physical strength or stamina is required .In both cases brain or physical hard work is required

as for the case of Haryana boxers I have the olympics fight and I was surprised that boxing fight barely require 10 minutes because this is amatuer boxing do not confuse it with professional boxing where 10-15 rounds.Champions like Mike tyson did not won Gold but always competed at
professional level.Let Haryana produce a pro boxing champion like tyson,lewis or mohammed Ali

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I dont know why are are getting a hard on about fast bowling. Fast bowling is overrated. Aim of cricket is to take wickets, not to break the stumps.

When I lived in India, I used to think fast bowling was the best thing god invented. That was until I moved to Australia and watched Glenn McGrath bowl. I thought Ishant Sharma would be the next McGrath but I don't know where he is these days.

I agree Aim of cricket is to take wickets but a Fast bowler should have all the weapons If a batsman know that he is playing a medium pacer than he is quite sure that fast bowl is not going to be bowled.Mcgrath in his peak was
fast it was later on he reduced his pace.The bowl on which he took wicket of
Tendulkar in 1999 world cup was bowled at 144 kmph and that is not at all slow speed

Btw have You seen champions trophy Final? How brett Lee bowled a New zealand batsmen with 150 kmph yorker and How Bond got The wicket of Paine
with surprise fast delivery.Bond is now not so fast these days but still he can surprise the batsmen

So Fast bowling is very essential .If you can't bowl fast then what's the point calling yourself a Fast bowler Which most Indians call

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
I agree Aim of cricket is to take wickets but a Fast bowler should have all the weapons If a batsman know that he is playing a medium pacer than he is quite sure that fast bowl is not going to be bowled.Mcgrath in his peak was
fast it was later on he reduced his pace.The bowl on which he took wicket of
Tendulkar in 1999 world cup was bowled at 144 kmph and that is not at all slow speed

Btw have You seen champions trophy Final? How brett Lee bowled a New zealand batsmen with 150 kmph yorker and How Bond got The wicket of Paine
with surprise fast delivery.Bond is now not so fast these days but still he can surprise the batsmen

So Fast bowling is very essential .If you can't bowl fast then what's the point calling yourself a Fast bowler Which most Indians call

Ye they shouldn't call themselves fast bowlers. Its stupid tbh. People in India think there is two types of bowling, spin and fast. There are actually 3. Spin, fast and Medium pace.

However, Neither of them are any more deadly than the others. Personally I like medium pace. It shows the patience, line and length of the baller more than physical power like in fast bowling.

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Ausi Desi ji,

This is not fair comment of persons like Milkha Singh and PT Usha. They gave their absolute all to reach that level and still just missed it.

I wonder if you have heard them in first person about their hard work, diet control and relentless training. And most of all their total commitment to win.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Ye they shouldn't call themselves fast bowlers. Its stupid tbh. People in India think there is two types of bowling, spin and fast. There are actually 3. Spin, fast and Medium pace.

However, Neither of them are any more deadly than the others. Personally I like medium pace. It shows the patience, line and length of the baller more than physical power like in fast bowling.

Aus Desi ji

A fast bowler can bowl medium pace but a medium pacer cannot bowl Fast
In 2006 In the India vs Pak series in Pakistan In third test both teams were at 0-0 as previous 2 matches were Drawn.Pakistan specially prepared a pitch
that got slow with time as they knew Indian bowlers cannot bowl Fast.Irfan Pathan took hat trick and gave India an edge as wicket was not slow on First day and in first over .Pakistan barely managed to get 245 but in the second innings pakistan made 599 because wicket was slow at that time and Indian
pacers were unable to raise their speed.Pakistan won that match and series.
The question is why they made that type of wicket because they knew that Indians cannot bowl fast.

So if India want to dominate world cricket they need fast bowlers No fast bowlers no cricket Domination.The great Wasim Akram himself said that Imran Khan first told him to bowl fast and not to reduce his speed.the result is in front of us.Pakistan produced such a great team in 80s and 90s.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The REALITY is that in the COMMUNIST dictatorships..the GOVERNMENT fully sponsosrs all sports for the Ultimate GLORY of the Communist PARTY. SO EVERYTHING ( and I mean EVERYTHING) goes for the athletes...so that they win win win.( IF they LOSE and bring shame...everyone also knows what happens)

In the Rich Capitalist countries...the MONEY TALKS...and does EVERYTHING..playing fields, coaches, facilities, training grnats, scholarships, sponsorships, encouragement of every sort..is there...and the win win win...

Unfortunately INDIA is neither of the two "C"..communist or Capitalist. Its a poor mixture of BOTH...and as mixtures go...that result is before us...whoever SHINES in Indian Sport does on his own DETERMINATION....or his dads riches...or some Govt support....and then there is POLITICS to pocha Fer !!..whatever achievements come their way...:D:D:D:D
INDIA used to be a Name in HOCKEY..KPS Gill put paid to that rather well.

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Ausi Desi ji,

This is not fair comment of persons like Milkha Singh and PT Usha. They gave their absolute all to reach that level and still just missed it.

I wonder if you have heard them in first person about their hard work, diet control and relentless training. And most of all their total commitment to win.

I have heard of both of them. However, he size of our population demands that by now we should have atleast 10 Milkha Singhs and 5 PT Usha's.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM