• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why I Chose Sikhism?

Jun 1, 2008
Sat shri akal,:D
namjap ji nice quote--
"...............when you experience enlightenment magical things will
not suddenly begin to happen in your life. Instead, you will become aware of the
magical things that are already occurring in your life."

Guru Nanak was about all people embracing God. All people being worthy. Many roads travelled to God. This is the truly wonderous message of Sikhism!

confused? in the first part it was Guru Nanak and in the second Sikhism .Sikhism is a religion created by humans on the name of Guru Nanak otherwise Guru Nanak was against the idea of religion and these mortal mens have tried to establish Guru sahib as a brand ambassador. religion is a virus:yes: all of them;)

Interested

SPNer
May 31, 2007
London
Saint Soldier ji, with all due respect, I believe that Guru Nanak bestowed the "Guruship" upon Guru Angad, being the most pure in prayer and deed. Therefore, Guru Nanak did pass on his teachings and so forth til Guru Gobind Singh passed it to Guru Granth Sahib.

Yes, Guru Nanak was against religion in the form of corruption, misguidence and judgement of other paths. He claimed that there were many paths to God, but only those that worship 1 God, only that that is interested in the true blissfullness of happiness in God will achieve reuniteness (is that a word?) with God! So, was Guru Nanak about religion - I believe not, he was about people. Does that mean that Sikhism is virus? Absolutely not. People corrupt the words of our Gurus through misinterpretation but read through the stories of our Guru's time. From this misinterpretation, many great lessons leading to God were learned.

Saint Soldier, it is good to question. Our great Guru Nanak encouraged this and because of this, we have his words. Dont let natural human behaviour discourage your faith in Sikhism. I am not sure what has happened to you to feel this way, but hold strong to the words of our Gurus. You obviously feel strongly about those as you refer to Guru Nanak quite honourably above. Be proud that there are others that find confort in the word of our Gurus! It took me a long time to find it.

Jun 1, 2008
brother interested,

Saint Soldier ji, with all due respect, I believe that Guru Nanak bestowed the "Guruship" upon Guru Angad, being the most pure in prayer and deed. Therefore, Guru Nanak did pass on his teachings and so forth til Guru Gobind Singh passed it to Guru Granth Sahib.
well to my understanding it was Guru Nanak himself who did all this and he still resides in this world as his thoughts through Guru Granth Sahib .i don't consider Guru Angad or any other Guru to be a different human but Guru Nanak himself.:yes:

Yes, Guru Nanak was against religion in the form of corruption, misguidence and judgement of other paths. He claimed that there were many paths to God, but only those that worship 1 God, only that that is interested in the true blissfullness of happiness in God will achieve reuniteness (is that a word?) with God! So, was Guru Nanak about religion - I believe not, he was about people.

true:yes:

Does that mean that Sikhism is virus? Absolutely not. People corrupt the words of our Gurus through misinterpretation but read through the stories of our Guru's time. From this misinterpretation, many great lessons leading to God were learned.
people which people you are talking about Guru's own sikhs those who deframed his teaching are currupt and they dont even understand what our Guru's taught.they used sikhism for their motives to instigate hate .

Saint Soldier, it is good to question. Our great Guru Nanak encouraged this and because of this, we have his words. Dont let natural human behaviour discourage your faith in Sikhism.
I don't have faith in any religion i follow Guru Nanak if religions cannot mend the ways of human behavior of what use it is?

I am not sure what has happened to you to feel this way, but hold strong to the words of our Gurus. You obviously feel strongly about those as you refer to Guru Nanak quite honourably above. Be proud that there are others that find confort in the word of our Gurus! It took me a long time to find it.
I do and i feel comfortable until they don't start singing the greatness of Sikhism.

namjap ji nice quote--

confused? in the first part it was Guru Nanak and in the second Sikhism .Sikhism is a religion created by humans on the name of Guru Nanak otherwise Guru Nanak was against the idea of religion and these mortal mens have tried to establish Guru sahib as a brand ambassador. religion is a virus:yes: all of them;)

That's why Sikhism/Sikhi is not a religion its a way of life.:yes:

Jun 1, 2008
singh ji,:shy:

That's why Sikhism/Sikhi is not a religion its a way of life.:yes:

actually ever religion is a way of life or rather we can say the practical application of philosophy to our life but most humans are not able to apply it properly and they fail to do so. :unsure:

Interested

SPNer
May 31, 2007
London
...And Saint Soldier, is that not why we need to learn and understand each point of view, or rather interpretation of any writings, so that neither you, I or anyone else maintains the true message of our Gurus or other teachers of philosophy/way of life/religion? Just a thought ;)

Interested

SPNer
May 31, 2007
London
oops! What I meant was that we DO maintain (to the best of our ability) the true message of our Gurus or other teachers of philosophy/way of life/religion? See, my simple little message to you could have been misinterpreted right there!!! Lets just hope that there was no typing errors in any of the philosophies out there! That was a joke (a bad one I know):happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap ji

These are both really fine videos. I remember them when Gurumustukh Singh posted them on Sikhnet. They are very moving and they show how the Guru embraces each of us in unique ways./We do not lose our identity but find our identity in the Guru.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: