• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Do We Pray

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Pardon the repetition of a post from the thread How Should We Worship and Adore Him.

Prayer is talking to God. Actually a conversation, because He listens and He answers us. We talk to Him at many levels. Depending on our need, depending on our level of spiritual development, depending on His blessing and mercy. This is the view that I share because it is simple and straightforward. It is also backed up by Gurbani. I am not sophisticated about these things and leave metaphysics to others. :)

Chapter 5
Prayer

from Bandginama by Raghbir Singh.

The prayer of a man of God is never fruitless.
birthi kade na havoi jan ki ardas

Guru Arjan - Bilawal.

What God’s servant desires of his Master, is complied forthwith.
jo jo kahai thakur pahi sevak tat kal hoi avai

Guru Arjan - Asa.

Prayer is a personal talk with God, and it is a talk that may be of diverse
kinds:
  • for physical or material needs, or for spiritual uplift
  • to seek God’s help in our hours of trial and tribulation, in sickness and pain;
  • to thank Him for His gifts and boons, and to seek their continuance; believing that our abiding gain lies in resigning ourselves to His Will
  • and to implore Him to grant that we may submit to His pleasure; for the good and comfort of others.
The following conditions are the prerequisites of a fruitful prayer: firm faith
in God’s existence, in His power to grant the prayer, and in the soundness,
propriety and efficacy of our prayer; love and reverence for God during prayer;
and a pure, receptive heart.

In retrospect, I find that on account of my lurking doubts, some of my
prayers remained unanswered, other received a delayed response, but I do
not remember any time when the above conditions were fulfilled and yet
the prayer remained unanswered. A prayer, offered with a firm faith and a
humble heart is so readily granted that it leaves us astounded.

Prayers may be of two kinds congregational and individual. The former
has been in vogue amongst the Sikhs since the times of the Gurus. Its uses
are countless. It has played a mighty role in sustaining the Sikhs. The daily
congregations, with psalm-singing, singing God’s praises, and the collective,
congregational prayer to Heaven, remembering the Gurus, the heroic sons of
Guru Gobind Singh, the Sikh martyrs, both male and female, praying for
the preservation of sacred shrines, sacred places, choirs, Sikh banners, Sikh
resting places- the daily congregational prayer has been a splendid routine
for keeping alive the Sikh way of life. The history of the Panth thus daily
recapitulated, reviving old memories and traditions keeps alive the spark of
Sikh fellow-feeling, the Sikh sense of self-respect and the Sikh traditions of
self-sacrifice.

The second type of Ardas or prayer-that is, individual or personal prayerof
a Sikh may be elaborate, as is the congregational or Sikh prayer, or it may
be short, couched in our own words, according to our individual needs and
feelings. In this case, no special form, prescribed words, special technique
or rhythm are needed. Only the mind must be shaped in a humble mould
answering to the spirit of the sacred verse:

I do not come into the picture, I am nowhere,
I have nothing that I can call mine own.

mai nahi kachh hao nahi
kichh ahe na mora

Sadhna - Bilawal.

Such a prayer poured forth by the soul flies Heavenward. The language of
the soul is not garbed in sonorous, high-pitched phrases. It is a language of
thoughts.

When we learn how to pray correctly, the response is instantaneous. We
have an ecstatic feeling. There is wonder, mixed with delight, at the actual
materialization or fulfilment of the prayer.

by S. Raghbir Singh

As for what is the need to pray? This one little part of sriraag on Ang 25 gets us started in the direction of answering that question for ourselves. If we don't feel the need to prayer, then we don't pray. If we know we need to pray, then we do pray.

ਬਿਆ ਦਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੈ ਦਰਿ ਜਾਉ ॥ biaa dhar naahee kai dhar jaao ||
There is no other door-unto which door should I go?

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
It is written at many places in Gurbani. First, we take from Japjisahib, where in lst pauri, Guru NANAK raises a million dollar question 'keev sachiara hoeye keev kudhe teuteh pal -Guru nanak answers this question in fourth pauri 'amrit velya sach nao vadhaaiye veeechar, Good thoughts, remembering His name in the early morning and singing His song in order to churn Naam i.e. Gur sabd. Then Guru Nanak clarifies, 'nanak aavai janeiye sabh aapai sachiar - that if we remember and mediate upon Him alongwith being good human by reflecting good thoughts of gurbani, I stand guarantee that you will be truthful and or able to illuminate the jyot inside. Since Nanak is mentioned in this pankti it stands Guru Nanak himself is witnessing and guaranteeing.

Japjisahib04

I feel you are misinterpretting Guru waak"NANAK EVAI JANIAI SABH AAPE SACHYAAR" jAPJI (4)
It should be," Nanak says this is the way( when early hours with fresh mind we meditate on Him) it is learnt that The External Waheguru himself is every thing and permeates in everywhere"
That guarantee part appears out of context.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Ardas”: The Concept of Prayer in Sikhism
Dr. Shamsher Singh*
* PunjabiUniversity, Patiala. 147002 (Punjab)

Kindly Google out.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Uplifting Power of Ardas
Dr. S. S. Sodhi*
* Administrator, Counsellor Training Institute of Canada, Halifax, NS Canada.

-Kindly Google out-

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Power of Prayer: How Ardaas kindles hope
Dr. Jasjit Singh Walia*
* Professor of Chemistry, LoyolaUniversityNew Orleans, New Orleans, LA70118, U.S.A.
@ The writer will appreciate hearing from persons who have prayed earnestly for specific booms that have been granted, for documentation and for strengthening wavering minds.
-Kindly Google out-

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Prayer: does it matter?
Caution: if you are fickle minded please do not read further.

I refer to the first post of the thread.Some of my friends have answered me. I am grateful to them for their guidance. However, I am back to square one. The question that over shadows the mind remains unanswered. Why should we pray. He knows our state of affairs. Our lives and actions are pre-destined and pre-ordained and are carved out of the karmic reactions. His grace is the answers to all questions. His grace is also not dependent upon our prayers.We are poor creatures. At times there is confusion as to why should we pray. Will he change the plans that are set out for us in the wider perspective. Does the prayer really matter.?

I know it may trouble many of my friends on the forum. But I really need to be advised as to why should we really indulge in prayers or doing Ardas. We can remember Him and seek His blessings but making Ardas daily does not agree with me and in the disposition. If by making Ardas we are to get HIs grace we shall all be through this process of life that is not as simple as it appears. I do believe that some of us also share my view. i quote from the first post of the thread.

"We all try to be a good human beings as per the little understanding that we possess. We shall try to be a good Human being and live our lives and let HIM care for us. All that we can do is to be a good human being and good parents and good wives and husbands and lead our life so that it is useful to others as well. We should try to mitigate the others problems to the extent we can. If the Lord grants His Grace, then we come to meet the True Guru.
By His Kindness, we are united in His Union. I am told that if we perform Night and day, Lord's devotional service we find intuitive peace. I have not found so and I cannot do this day and night 24 hrs a day. I do not want to think of that I have been doing for quite sometime now. All I need do is to meditate upon you not to get any merger but because it gives me peace and nothing else. I shall stop visiting Gurudwara and spend equivalent time with Government Hospital and serve those whom I can help or visit orphanages ."

Kindly opine and advise.

Yes doing Ardas is to admit His superiority and respect. But if He created this universe as His play , where do we stand the chance to get out of the play and seek HIS grace.
Kindly refer to the first post and let me be advised where the fallacy and I seek guidance of all.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Is crying of helplessness a form of prayer ?

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
namjapji

That is not prayer. Gurbani says all happiness and sorrows should be taken alike, no complain, nothing is beyond HIS ordinance. In bad situation, true Bhagatas, just smile unlike people engrossed in Maya. I strongly believe, as per Guru teachings, pray to HIM only for HIS blessings to be lost in HIS thoughts. approach towards outside world starts changing because of it.

Apr 27, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dear members,

I'm republishing the article I posted 4 years ago in this same forum: The Prayer Revolution - The Heart of *Sikhism. Four years later and the question about tradition and contemporary worship remains unanswered. It seems to be an off road topic. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Brazilian Kaur

Sikhs have always known the power and the purpose of prayer. People are been awakening to the fact that our relation with God sometimes have been a bit too cold and a bit too domesticated; we yearn to sing to God, to let our souls fly flee. And we feel that through prayer we can rediscover our inner selves, and tie ourselves to the Guru.

There is not surprising about this. Prayer is an irrepressible expression of the human spirit, and the sikhs appeared on the historical scene as a praying people. Yes, we know how hard prayer is. We know that moments of true inspiration are rare; we do not expect that every Shbad Keertan we will leave Gurdwara personally transformed. But we do expect that our prayers will make us feel closer to God.

We need a Sikhism that welcome exuberance and song as well ideas, celebrates the cerebral but pulsates with emotion. Sikhism has always prescribed two paths to tradition : the path of mind and the path of the heart. SGGS study is the way of thinking and prayer the way of feeling. And even though these paths are parallel, sikhs have always been required to walk them both. Therefore, sikh must be both a studying sikh and a praying sikh. We sikhs must *make our Gurdwaras worship our foremost concern.

The prayer revolution *will require an accurate understanding of what sikhs mean by tradition. The heart of the prayer tradition is the order, language and raag that has become standardized over the last five centuries.

However, everything else - the chanting styles, the music, the aesthetics - has been ever-changing. In fact, much of what is referred to as tradition is a reflection of 16th through 19th-century Punjab culture.

Communal prayer requires recognizable constants that bind worshiper to worshiper and congregation to congregation, but sikhs need not be bound by cultural precedents that no longer resonate. And just as many people reject nostalgia disguised as tradition, so too do many Sikhs reject contemporary worship that is faddish or trendy. There is no sikh worship without age-old prayers and time-honored chants. In short, there is no need to choose between "traditional" worship and "contemporary" worship. Sikhism must insist on the best of both worlds: continuity with tradition and constant reformation.

Finding the right balance requires both innovators and conservators - those who push the envelope and those who hold back. At this moment, it is the innovators we need most. Sikh leaders must have the freedom to develop new forms of communal prayer.

What will be the single most important key to the success or failure of communal prayer? *Music. Sikh leaders must invite their members to join in song because they know that people feel welcomed, accepted and empowered when they sing.

Ritual music touches people in a way that words cannot. Music converts the ordinary into the miraculous, and individuals into a community of prayer. Music enables overly intellectual sikhs to rest their minds and open their hearts.

All sikhs must join together in creating a Gurdwara that is a center of sikh life in all its sweep and scope, but that is first and foremost a center of worship, reverence and awe. And *we sikhs will do this because absence of meaningful prayer represents a live without God.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Thank you Kaur ji, pk70 ji and naamjap ji for your kind contribution and guidance. One may take a recourse to the shabads of Granth sahib to find an answer to the quiz. Yes, we all can state a lot about prayer that is a communin with the God. We do it for our satisfaction/solace and peace only and not for pleasing HIM.

WE do not know if He gets pleased. WE beg for HIS mercy. Asking for material and physical things should fall outside the purview of the prayers.AS has been pointed out by Pk70 ji that a sikh has to be equipoised and the opposite and diagonal opposite conditions should not affect him.It is the state that all of us are looking for.It is only achievable through HIS grace. His grace is the cause of all that we receive. Happiness and Sorrows are all HIS gifts. The more I think the more I believe that HE does not need prayers and it is for us to indulge in it so that we become jeevan Mukt. Asking for physical things is not a prayer.Only seeking HIS blessings shall be a prayer. Only a submission to be what that he likes shall qualify for a prayer. In any case there are many questions that one has to look out for ourselves.

ਰਾਗੁ ਗੂਜਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ
Raag Goojaree, Fourth Mehl:
ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਜਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਤਪੁਰਖਾ ਬਿਨਉ ਕਰਉ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਸਿ
O humble servant of the Lord, O True Guru, O True Primal Being: I offer my humble prayer to You, O Guru.
ਹਮ ਕੀਰੇ ਕਿਰਮ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਕਰਿ ਦਇਆ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੧॥

I am a mere insect, a worm. O True Guru, I seek Your Sanctuary. Please be merciful, and bless me with the Light of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ

O my Best Friend, O Divine Guru, please enlighten me with the Name of the Lord.

ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਸਖਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹਮਰੀ ਰਹਰਾਸਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

Through the Guru's Teachings, the Naam is my breath of life. The Kirtan of the Lord's Praise is my life's occupation. ||1||Pause||

ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੇ ਵਡ ਭਾਗ ਵਡੇਰੇ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਰਧਾ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਆਸ

The servants of the Lord have the greatest good fortune; they have faith in the Lord, and a longing for the Lord.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਸਹਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਗੁਣ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੨॥

Obtaining the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, they are satisfied; joining the Sangat, the Blessed Congregation, their virtues shine forth. ||2||
ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਜਮ ਪਾਸਿ
Those who have not obtained the Sublime Essence of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, are most unfortunate; they are led away by the Messenger of Death.

ਜੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਆਏ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਜੀਵੇ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੁ ਜੀਵਾਸਿ ॥੩॥

Those who have not sought the Sanctuary of the True Guru and the Sangat, the Holy Congregation; cursed are their lives, and cursed are their hopes of life. ||3||

ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਾਈ ਤਿਨ ਧੁਰਿ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਲਿਖਾਸਿ

Those humble servants of the Lord who have attained the Company of the True Guru, have such pre-ordained destiny inscribed on their foreheads.
ਧਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੪॥
Blessed, blessed is the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, where the Lord's Essence is obtained. Meeting with His humble servant, O Nanak, the Light of the Naam shines forth. ||4||4||

Last edited by a moderator:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sikhs have always known the power and the purpose of prayer. People are been awakening to the fact that our relation with God sometimes have been a bit too cold and a bit too domesticated; we yearn to sing to God, to let our souls fly free. And we feel that through prayer we can rediscover our inner selves, and tie ourselves to the Guru.

Ardas ( ਅਰਦਾਸ ) creates the right mind-set to engage in a fruitful relationship with God.
To understand why we do Ardas the way it has been set, there are a series of Katha (in Punjabi) for deeper understanding. Click on 'Ardas' for details.

There is not surprising about this. Prayer is an irrepressible expression of the human spirit, and the sikhs appeared on the historical scene as a praying people. Yes, we know how hard prayer is. We know that moments of true inspiration are rare; we do not expect that every Shbad Keertan we will leave Gurdwara personally transformed. But we do expect that our prayers will make us feel closer to God.
Sat Nam Singh - You Can Make The Sun Shine

We need a Sikhism that welcome exuberance and song as well ideas, celebrates the cerebral but pulsates with emotion. Sikhism has always prescribed two paths to tradition : the path of mind and the path of the heart. SGGS study is the way of thinking and prayer the way of feeling. And even though these paths are parallel, sikhs have always been required to walk them both. Therefore, sikh must be both a studying sikh and a praying sikh. We sikhs must *make our Gurdwaras worship our foremost concern.
Guru Dain Kaur and Sat Kartar Kaur - Song Of The Khalsa

The prayer revolution *will require an accurate understanding of what sikhs mean by tradition. The heart of the prayer tradition is the order, language and raag that has become standardized over the last five centuries.

However, everything else - the chanting styles, the music, the aesthetics - has been ever-changing. In fact, much of what is referred to as tradition is a reflection of 16th through 19th-century Punjab culture.
Bhai Satwinder Singh - London - Anand Sahib - Sung In Ramkali Raag

Communal prayer requires recognizable constants that bind worshiper to worshiper and congregation to congregation, but sikhs need not be bound by cultural precedents that no longer resonate. And just as many people reject nostalgia disguised as tradition, so too do many Sikhs reject contemporary worship that is faddish or trendy. There is no sikh worship without age-old prayers and time-honored chants. In short, there is no need to choose between "traditional" worship and "contemporary" worship. Sikhism must insist on the best of both worlds: continuity with tradition and constant reformation.
YouTube - Subconscious Mind - World's Most POWERFUL BOOSTER

Finding the right balance requires both innovators and conservators - those who push the envelope and those who hold back. At this moment, it is the innovators we need most. Sikh leaders must have the freedom to develop new forms of communal prayer.

What will be the single most important key to the success or failure of communal prayer? *Music. Sikh leaders must invite their members to join in song because they know that people feel welcomed, accepted and empowered when they sing.

Ritual music touches people in a way that words cannot. Music converts the ordinary into the miraculous, and individuals into a community of prayer. Music enables overly intellectual sikhs to rest their minds and open their hearts.

All sikhs must join together in creating a Gurdwara that is a center of sikh life in all its sweep and scope, but that is first and foremost a center of worship, reverence and awe. And *we sikhs will do this because absence of meaningful prayer represents a live without
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/discourses-in-english/16516-kirtan-with-english-sub-titles-5.html

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Namjap ji

Nice supportive response. Kirtaan, kirtaan, kirtaan. For each and every mood, feeling and hankering for Waheguru.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
I persoinally dont believe in prayers coz i know God Is Intelligent than me ,he can take care already before i actually give him directions to do certain things based on my intellect

You have not made me a perfect person but YOU alone are Perfect; He is the All-powerful Cause of causes and this drama belongs to the Lord; He performs it, and He watches over it. The Lord is kind and compassionate to all beings and creatures; His Protecting Hand is over all. He is the Treasure of Excellence, the Lord of the Universe; through the Guru, He acts.
Where is that Guru thru. Whom you act? You are yourself all in all Oh! Primal being. You reward the Gurmukhs, who are absorbed in the True Name. But Forgive all others as well and let them not be part of yours and absorb them in yourself.
……………..He Himself is the Highest of the High. HE created us. He enjoys HIS creation and takes pleasure in doing this. He Himself is the Highest of the High. HE gave us all that we have and that we do not have as He Himself is the Giver, the Architect of Destiny.It is for HIM to take care of us even if we have forgotten HIM due to Maya or otherwise and that is also HIS creation. HE gave us senses and ego that is required for leading a normal healthy life.Deep within the self is the Light of God; It radiates throughout the expanse of His creation. But I could not see it and nor could locate it. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad we are required to search this cave of Body. But I failed.

HE gave us camel-like mind. If HE created me it is for HIM to see that I get the best that is required by me under all the circumstances. Why should HE be angry if we do something that is destined as we do everything as per the destiny that has been carved out for us. I am a puppet in HIS hands.The Lord Himself sends out the call, and He summons us to His Presence. And God is not revengeful as it cannot be. We can be foolish at times. But it is also His gift that we become so and we are just playing the way HE wants. He would not have given me anything that was not meant for my benefit. He would also not give me anything that is harmful for us and Why should He do so.? After all He is our father and the Lord of all the creation, the Naam, the Name of the Lord, abides deep within the hearts of those who see the Lord themselves, and inspire others to see Him as well but I could not see it even after a long try. I do not understand as to what Naam is. They say that within the home of the self is the Eternally Young Beloved but I could not see HIM. He dwells deep within the mind and body. But I could not locate HIM. For How long should I keep on waiting?
HE have me senses so that I can use them. HE created illusion in this world so that we remain lost and as a consequence and we forgot HIM on this count. He is the Architect Of my destiny. If meeting HIM is the aim of this life then we should have been given the means to do it as and when required. The only means available to me is to pray for HIS grace so that my past sins are erased and bad Karmas due not fructify and that I may not have to be re-born to undergo the misery of this phenomenon called ‘Life’ and ‘death’. I really do not know if I should pray for my merger with the super consciousness, as I do not know what will happen in that case. It has been stated in Gurbani that only One in Millions get a chance to meet HIM after fulfilling all the requirements as prescribed. All of us have a life that is full of highs and lows. We will age out and die. Our soul re-appears in some other form. It has continued for a long time that I know of. [8.40 million ] and may go in for quite some time. The Lord Himself leads us to merge with Him and serve Him. I am told that the Immaculate Naam, the Name of the Lord, abides deep within the self but I cannot find it easily as there are many ifs and Buts for this.

The Giver of peace is revealed through the Shabad, meditating upon the Naam, night and day. But I could not know the Shabad. Is it my fault? May be. I have tried as per my intellect that has been bestowed upon me. Let HIM enable me to come out of the present state of affairs. Why should I pray to Him to take me out of this and put me in something that I do not know and even cannot imagine. Let it continue as we will be what we are till He wants. HE will also not harm me if I forget Him for some time as He HIMSELF is responsible for this that happens to us. He should not punish me as well as I have indulged in the sensual pleasures and all that is not considered good as I do not know as to what is to be done with the senses that HE has given me.

We all try to be a good human beings as per the little understanding that we possess. We shall try to be a good Human being and live our lives and let HIM care for us. All that we can do is to be a good human being and good parents and good wives and husbands and lead our life so that it is useful to others as well. We should try to mitigate the others problems to the extent we can. If the Lord grants His Grace, then we come to meet the True Guru. By His Kindness, we are united in His Union. I am told that if we perform Night and day, Lord's devotional service we find intuitive peace. I have not found so and I cannot do this day and night 24 hrs a day. I do not want to think of that I have been doing for quite sometime now. All I need do is to meditate upon you not to get any merger but because it gives me peace and nothing else. I shall stop visiting Gurudwara and spend equivalent time with Government Hospital and serve those whom I can help or visit orphanages .

Does He require us to get merged with HIM? I am told that when it pleases the Lord, He unites us with Himself. The One who created the Universe, He alone knows it. Without You, there is no other for me to seek out. It is only by Guru's Grace that You are found. I have yet to find out the word of Shabad and the Naam. HE is so powerful that HE can do so in a millionth of a second. It is a plain logic. Kindly help and advise as to why should we make prayers. Is HE nor aware of all that we need? Will it not be disregard to HIM that we are begging at HIS door.Why even make prayers and petitions to HIM. Why bother for the life in future that is yet to come. I should bother about my present and do as much good as is possible and leave the rest to HIM. It sounds logical. The choice is between Chanting HIS name all the time or doing some good to others even if it is an illusion and is on account of my attachment to my friends and relatives and well wishers.

I shall realize Him in this fashion as well. What is wrong here? The Lord Himself leads us to merge with Him and serve Him. I Seek the Protection of the Lord of the Universe; His service is truly profitable. But I have no experience like this so far.When it pleases HIM, we are attuned to the Name, and when it pleases HIM, we become pleasing to HIM. Please forgive me Oh Lord! if I stop praying further as you know what I need and that is best for me and that You shall give me the best at the time when it is the best for me and you shall even then remain highest for me. I shall do my morning ‘paath’ of Jap ji Sahib only

Whatever You do, O True Lord - that is what happens, so why should we grieve? ..……..Amen.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM