• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Do We Hide Our Beautiful Faces Behind ID's And Avatars?

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
I was wondering why do we have to hide our beutiful faces behind artificial I.Ds & Avtars.
God has made us so unique & wonderful that our original face is the most beutiful I.D.
No two people look alike. No two twin brothers are the same.
No two snow flakes are same.
Each one of us has been crafted by the Master of all Masters ,God.
We are His Master Pieces.
What are we ashamed of?
You are so magnificient, so wonderful, so perfect in design, colour & your beuty that no body matches you. you have the rarre I.D.
Why not show your I.D?
why hide behind artificial I.D & Avtars ? i do not understand. Can some body explain to me the reason?
The present IDs we use we do not know you are a man or women. How beutiful you look.
I will be shortly be putting my photo as my Avtar. God has given me unique I.D & I am proud of that.
Mahanbir Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Its ONLY on Internet Forums and Message Boards that many (majority) prefer to remain "anonymous...hide behind fake ID's...pseudonyms..etc"
Very seldom do you see a person using his/her REAL NAME or ID.
Is this so that we can make...unsavory remarks, false allegations, reckless comments, etc etc and hope to get away with it. I have noticed that the most fanatic and sarcastic/racist remarks etc are usually made by "Anonymous" !!!. Such people are actually cowards..they meet you in the Gurdwara..and jump at you..Han Ji Han Ji Gyani ji..I really liked what you wrote the other day....very GOOD..real facts....and later i find out that the person concerned was writing "Anonymously" vehemently condemning my ideas and commenting fanatically..He wanted to have his cake and eat it too..didnt dare face me in public on the ground..but also wanted to expose his fanaticism and anger. I suspect most are like this..or they would dare to stand up and be counted. After all we are all humans and can have different opinions..perfectly natural and healthy...

Simply because "Sikhs" up to the time of Guru Teg bahadur Ji were "ANONYMOUS" an could BLEND IN with the crowds...did GURU GOBIND SINGH JI resolve to Create the New KHALSA SIKH that would stand out in a Million...a SIKH always stands out and should be having the Conviction of his/her views to put his/her real name to his/her comments/articles. A real SIKH is never ahsamed of his looks..his ideas..his convictions.....He stands tall and proud.:happy::welcome::whisling:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I was wondering why do we have to hide our beutiful faces behind artificial I.Ds & Avtars.
God has made us so unique & wonderful that our original face is the most beutiful I.D.
No two people look alike. No two twin brothers are the same.
No two snow flakes are same.
Each one of us has been crafted by the Master of all Masters ,God.
We are His Master Pieces.
What are we ashamed of?
You are so magnificient, so wonderful, so perfect in design, colour & your beuty that no body matches you. you have the rarre I.D.
Why not show your I.D?
why hide behind artificial I.D & Avtars ? i do not understand. Can some body explain to me the reason?
The present IDs we use we do not know you are a man or women. How beutiful you look.
I will be shortly be putting my photo as my Avtar. God has given me unique I.D & I am proud of that.
Mahanbir Singh

Mahabir Singh Ji,) I respectfully ask you that you have been on SPN since 2006, what held you for three years for posting your picture? Were you not beautiful and unique till now? Why it has entered your mind today only?
All may not have the intention of hiding. Bhai Veer Singh wrote a poem, it expresses his inner call of being remain unknown to the world, its humbleness, it’s not hiding. Some go and donate, they want their names be highlighted and there are those who donate but want to hide their names. I wrote books, they were praised, became part of curriculum of some classes. A friend asked me to follow the procedure to get more recognition for them. I dumped writing. I didn’t want what they wanted. In my mind, recognition is negative for spiritually. It takes away all what is good in there. This is my opinion, you can differ with me. There could be other circumstances due to which people just do not want to be known and we may not be aware of it. Some may have intentional purpose to hide but not all as I see. Some just want to be symbolic, they want to say something through their avatars otherwise they wouldn’t be able to say through their names. I think it is very interesting how people express themselves. Avtars many times depict people more clearly like having good avtar but writing contrary to it, now it helps others to conclude how people are. So don’t be allergic to them. Take as they are, beauty of the individual remains in the thought he/she shares with others not in the faces. Every day pictures of corrupt politician published, does that display their beauty?:)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Mahabir Singh Ji,) I respectfully ask you that you have been on SPN since 2006, what held you for three years for posting your picture? Were you not beautiful and unique till now? Why it has entered your mind today only?
All may not have the intention of hiding. Bhai Veer Singh wrote a poem, it expresses his inner call of being remain unknown to the world, its humbleness, it’s not hiding. Some go and donate, they want their names be highlighted and there are those who donate but want to hide their names. I wrote books, they were praised, became part of curriculum of some classes. A friend asked me to follow the procedure to get more recognition for them. I dumped writing. I didn’t want what they wanted. In my mind, recognition is negative for spiritually. It takes away all what is good in there. This is my opinion, you can differ with me. There could be other circumstances due to which people just do not want to be known and we may not be aware of it. Some may have intentional purpose to hide but not all as I see. Some just want to be symbolic, they want to say something through their avatars otherwise they wouldn’t be able to say through their names. I think it is very interesting how people express themselves. Avtars many times depict people more clearly like having good avtar but writing contrary to it, now it helps others to conclude how people are. So don’t be allergic to them. Take as they are, beauty of the individual remains in the thought he/she shares with others not in the faces. Every day pictures of corrupt politician published, does that display their beauty?:)

THIS is another way of looking at this topic !! Wondereful exchange of ideas..THATS why I love SPN...!! I now have ammunition for a well rounded debate in my class..Thank you PK70 ji.:whisling:

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia
Thanks for your comments Pk70 ji,
You have asked me why i did not put my face as my i.d as i was member since 2006.
I am not my yesterday. i create & recreate my self as every body else does but our hanging on to yesterdays does not help me at all.
I did not have this wisdom before.
Every moment of Now we are creating with the thougts we are thinking.with the words we are speaking. with the deeds we are doing. we are changing every monent.Change is life. change is movent. change is evolution.
Till yesteday i did not think about putting your psudo I.Ds. as your self is so important. It is a change in my thoughts. As gyaniji has said we should be bold enough to express who we are rather than using anonimous or fake I,Ds.
Well if it pleases you or any body else to use his or her i.ds he or she is welcome to do so.
I only gave my views.
If politicians had been using fake names or fake i.ds how would we know who is the culprit & who is the saint.
You have given the example of bhai veer singh. He was a great person but he is not my guru.
Akal purakh has advised me to declare who you are. If you are a good poet, declare it. If you are a good doctor or a scientist declare it, If you do not declare you are denying God who has made you so.
Guru Gobind Singh ji declared ' SAVA LAKH SE EK LARON TABE GOBIND SING NAM KAHON.
Remeber when you declare that you are the best add another word with it, whatever i am i am because of Him. Ego will stay 500 kms away from u because you have given the crdit to God to whom it rightly belongs.
with love
Mahanbir

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM