• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Did He Create His Creation?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70 ji

You say that if we do not realize we are in a trap and that Maya is our prison, then HIS game remains a mystery.

I believe you are correct. Even when we are happy we are deep within miserable in our fears. We fear that either happiness and contentment will be taken away, or we fear that we will never achieve the happiness and contentment we believe we deserve and are entitled to. Truly this is my own predicament in this lifetime. His mystery is the way out of pain, suffering and all of our banddhan.

ਤ੍ਰਿਬਿਧਿ ਬੰਧਨ ਤੂਟਹਿ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਰਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੩॥
thribidhh bandhhan thoottehi gur sabadhee gur sabadhee mukath karaavaniaa ||3||
The bonds of the three-phased Maya are broken by the Word of the Guru's Shabad. Through the Guru's Shabad, liberation is achieved.

So there is a promise.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
We fear that either happiness and contentment will be taken away, or we fear that we will never achieve the happiness and contentment we believe we deserve and are entitled to. Truly this is my own predicament in this lifetime. His mystery is the way out of pain, suffering and all of our banddhan.

Aad0002 Ji
We as Sikhs should leave to HIM what we deserve not and continue doing assigned duty or hard work to achieve set up goals and, should involve in dharma as per Guru Teachings, this much surrendering should take away our worries. Since my mind believed in it, I remained fine (unaffected) even after losing a few hundred thousands dollars in a business( my all savings and investments were wiped out, reason to state this is just to share how a little faith in HIM kept me intact emotionally) Simple faith in Him kept me going on. As you are aware of, I still fall and get up, Guru Bachan energizes me again, the of life play goes on.
In the following Guru Shabad, Guru ji takes on all fears and inspires us to keep only one fear in mind, that is the fear of Lord. Why to fear from death, it is His call, why to fear to lose, it is His ordinance. Keeping fear of others in mind, can multiply the fears and one keeps struggling with one or another kind of fear. Guru ji says otherwise to set the soul free from every thing. Some may say to whom we are supposed love, why to fear? Answer can be taken with other example; we all have fear of Law. What we do? Do we live in fear of Law? No, we just remain aware of the codes of law and respect them. Same way we need to be fear of God and never let our ego forget that the ultimate authority is HE. That kind of fear triggers respect for HIM, in respect love glows unconditionally. Hope you will enjoy the following Guru Shabad in this very context.
[/FONT]
ਗਉੜੀਮਹਲਾ
[/FONT]गउड़ीमहला
[/FONT]Ga*oṛī mehlā 1.
[/FONT]Gauri, Mahala 1[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਗਊੜੀਪਹਿਲੀਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹੀ।

[/FONT]ਡਰਿਘਰੁਘਰਿਡਰੁਡਰਿਡਰੁਜਾਇ
[/FONT]डरिघरुघरिडरुडरिडरुजाइ
[/FONT]Dar gẖar gẖar dar dar dar jā*ė.
[/FONT]Place God's fear in thy heart, and let thy home be in His dread. Thy fear of Death, then shall be frightened away.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਰੱਬਦੇਭੈਨੂੰਆਪਣੇਦਿਲਅੰਦਰਧਾਰਅਤੇਤੇਰਾਗ੍ਰਹਿਉਸਦੇਤ੍ਰਾਸਅੰਦਰਰਹੇਤਦ, [/FONT]ਤੇਰਾਮੌਤਦਾਭੈ, [/FONT]ਭੈਭੀਤਹੋਟੁਰਜਾਵੇਗਾ।

[/FONT]ਸੋਡਰੁਕੇਹਾਜਿਤੁਡਰਿਡਰੁਪਾਇ
सोडरुकेहाजितुडरिडरुपाइ
[/FONT]So dar kėhā jiṯ dar dar pā*ė.
[/FONT]What sort of fear is that, by which the fear of death is frightened?[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਉਹਭੈਕਿਸਕਿਸਮਦਾਹੈਜਿਸਦੁਆਰਾਮੌਤਦਾਭਉੈਭੀਤਹੋਜਾਂਦਾਹੈ?[/FONT]

[/FONT]ਤੁਧੁਬਿਨੁਦੂਜੀਨਾਹੀਜਾਇ
[/FONT]तुधुबिनुदूजीनाहीजाइ
[/FONT]Ŧuḏẖ bin ḏūjī nāhī jā*ė.
[/FONT]Without Thee, there is no other place of rest.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਤੇਰੇਬਗੈਰਹੋਰਕੋਈਆਰਾਮਦੀਥਾਂਨਹੀਂ।

[/FONT]ਜੋਕਿਛੁਵਰਤੈਸਭਤੇਰੀਰਜਾਇ੧॥
[/FONT]जोकिछुवरतैसभतेरीरजाइ॥१॥
[/FONT]Jo kicẖẖ varṯai sabẖ ṯėrī rajā*ė. ||1||
[/FONT]Whatsoever happens, is all according to Thy will.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਜੋਕੁਝਭੀਹੁੰਦਾਹੈ, [/FONT]ਸਮੂਹਤੇਰੇਭਾਣੇਅਨੁਸਾਰਹੈ।

[/FONT]ਡਰੀਐਜੇਡਰੁਹੋਵੈਹੋਰੁ
[/FONT]डरीऐजेडरुहोवैहोरु
[/FONT]Darī*ai jė dar hovai hor.
[/FONT]Fear, if we have any other fear than that of the Lord.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਅਸੀਂਖੌਫਖਾ, [/FONT]ਜੇਕਰਸਾਨੂੰਪ੍ਰਭੂਦੇਬਾਝੋਂਕਿਸੇਹੋਰਸਦਾਖੌਫਹੋਵੇ।

[/FONT]ਡਰਿਡਰਿਡਰਣਾਮਨਕਾਸੋਰੁ੧॥ਰਹਾਉ
[/FONT]डरिडरिडरणामनकासोरु॥१॥रहाउ
[/FONT]Dar dar darṇā man kā sor. ||1|| rahā*o.
[/FONT]To be awed with fear, other than the fear of God, is but mind's tumult. Pause.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਰੱਬਦੇਭਊਬਗੈਰਹੋਰਸਦੇਭਉਨਾਲਸਹਿਮਜਾਣਾਨਿਰਾਪੁਰਾਚਿੱਤਦਾਸ਼ੋਰਸ਼ਰਾਬਾਹੀਹੈ।ਠਹਿਰਾਉ।

[/FONT]ਨਾਜੀਉਮਰੈਡੂਬੈਤਰੈ
[/FONT]नाजीउमरैडूबैतरै
[/FONT]Nā jī*o marai na dūbai ṯarai.
[/FONT]By itself the soul dies not, neither it is drowned, nor swims across.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਆਪਣੇਆਪਨਾਂਆਤਮਾਮਰਦੀਹੈ, [/FONT]ਨਾਂਡੁਬਦੀਹੈਅਤੇਨਾਂਹੀਪਾਰਉਤਰਦੀਹੈ।

[/FONT]ਜਿਨਿਕਿਛੁਕੀਆਸੋਕਿਛੁਕਰੈ
[/FONT]जिनिकिछुकीआसोकिछुकरै
[/FONT]Jin kicẖẖ kī*ā so kicẖẖ karai.
[/FONT]He, Who did make the creation, does everything.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਜਿਸਨੇਰਚਨਾਰਚੀਹੈ, [/FONT]ਉਹੀਸਭਕੁਝਕਰਦਾਹੈ।

[/FONT]ਹੁਕਮੇਆਵੈਹੁਕਮੇਜਾਇ
[/FONT]हुकमेआवैहुकमेजाइ
[/FONT]Hukmė āvai hukmė jā*ė.
[/FONT]By Lord's order man comes, and by His order he goes.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਸਾਈਂਦੇਅਮਰਦੁਆਰਾਬੰਦਾਆਉਂਦਾਹੈ, [/FONT]ਅਤੇਉਸਦੀਆਗਿਆਦੁਆਰਾਉਹਚਲਿਆਜਾਂਦਾਹੈ।

[/FONT]ਆਗੈਪਾਛੈਹੁਕਮਿਸਮਾਇ੨॥
[/FONT]आगैपाछैहुकमिसमाइ॥२॥
[/FONT]Āgai pācẖẖai hukam samā*ė. ||2||
[/FONT]Before and after this birth, as well, the mortal remain absorbed in His fiat.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਇਸਜਨਮਦੇਅਗਾੜੀਤੇਪਿਛਾੜੀਭੀਪ੍ਰਾਣੀਉਸਦੇਫੁਰਮਾਨਅੰਦਰਲੀਨਰਹਿੰਦਾਹੈ।

[/FONT]ਹੰਸੁਹੇਤੁਆਸਾਅਸਮਾਨੁ
[/FONT]हंसुहेतुआसाअसमानु
[/FONT]Hans hėṯ āsā asmān.
[/FONT]In whom there is cruelty, worldly love, desire, and egotism,[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂਵਿੱਚਨਿਰਦਈਪੁਣਾ, [/FONT]ਸੰਸਾਰੀਮੋਹ, ਖਾਹਿਸ਼ਅਤੇਹੰਕਾਰਾਂਹਨ,[/FONT]

[/FONT]ਤਿਸੁਵਿਚਿ ਭੂਖਬਹੁਤੁਨੈਸਾਨੁ
[/FONT]तिसुविचिभूखबहुतुनैसानु
[/FONT]Ŧis vicẖ bẖūkẖ bahuṯ nai sān.
[/FONT]in them, like the water of a stream, there is a great hunger.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂਵਿੱਚਨਦੀਦੇਪਾਣੀਮਾਨਿੰਦਬੜੀਭੁਖਹੈ।

[/FONT]ਭਉਖਾਣਾਪੀਣਾਆਧਾਰੁ
[/FONT]भउखाणापीणाआधारु
[/FONT]Bẖa*o kẖāṇā pīṇā āḏẖār.
[/FONT]For the Guruwards, Lord's fear is the food, drink, and main-stay.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾਂਲਈਸੁਆਮੀਦਾਡਰਹੀਖਾਣ, [/FONT]ਪੀਣਅਤੇਆਸਰਾਹੈ।

[/FONT]ਵਿਣੁਖਾਧੇਮਰਿਹੋਹਿਗਵਾਰ੩॥
[/FONT]विणुखाधेमरिहोहिगवार॥३॥
[/FONT]viṇ kẖāḏẖė mar hohi gavār. ||3||
[/FONT]Without entertaining Lord's fear the fools perish away.[/FONT]
[/FONT] ਸਾਹਿਬਦਾਡਰਧਾਰਨਕਰਨਦੇਬਾਝੋਂਮੂਰਖਨਾਸਹੋਜਾਂਦੇਹਨ।

ਜਿਸਕਾਕੋਇਕੋਈਕੋਇਕੋਇ
जिसकाकोइकोईकोइकोइ
Jis kā ko*ė ko*ī ko*ė ko*ė.
If mortal has someone as his own then that some one is very rare indeed.
ਜੇਕਰਪ੍ਰਾਣਦਾਕੋਈਜਣਾਆਪਣਾਨਿੱਜਦਾਹੈਤਾਂਉਹਕੋਈਜਣਾਬਹੁਤਹੀਵਿਰਲਾਹੈ।

ਸਭੁਕੋਤੇਰਾਤੂੰਸਭਨਾਕਾਸੋਇ
सभुकोतेरातूंसभनाकासोइ
Sabẖ ko ṯėrā ṯūʼn sabẖnā kā so*ė.
All are Thine, and thou, O sublime Lord art of all.
ਸਾਰੇਤੇਰੇਹਨ, ਅਤੇਤੂੰਹੇਸ਼੍ਰੇਸ਼ਟਸੁਆਮੀਸਾਰਿਆਂਦਾਹੈ।

ਜਾਕੇਜੀਅਜੰਤਧਨੁਮਾਲੁ
जाकेजीअजंतधनुमालु
Jā kė jī*a janṯ ḏẖan māl.
To whom belong all living beings, wealth and property,
ਜਿਸ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ) ਦੇਸਾਰੇਜੀਵ-ਜੰਤ, ਸਭਦੌਲਤਅਤੇਜਾਇਦਾਦਹਨ,

ਨਾਨਕਆਖਣੁਬਿਖਮੁਬੀਚਾਰੁ੪॥੨॥
नानकआखणुबिखमुबीचारु॥४॥२॥
Nānak ākẖaṇ bikẖam bīcẖār. ||4||2||
Nanak, it is not easy to describe and explain Him.
ਨਾਨਕ, ਔਖਹੈ, ਉਸਦਾਵਰਨਣਅਤੇਵਿੱਚਾਰਕਰਨਾ

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70 ji

A really beautiful message. And a sincere story that should make us all think twice about our relationship with Him. Just wanted to repeat these lines from the shabad that you posted.

ਨਾਜੀਉਮਰੈਡੂਬੈਤਰੈ
[/FONT]नाजीउमरैडूबैतरै
[/FONT]Nā jī*o marai na dūbai ṯarai.
[/FONT]By itself the soul dies not, neither it is drowned, nor swims across.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਆਪਣੇਆਪਨਾਂਆਤਮਾਮਰਦੀਹੈ, [/FONT]ਨਾਂਡੁਬਦੀਹੈਅਤੇਨਾਂਹੀਪਾਰਉਤਰਦੀਹੈ।

[/FONT]ਜਿਨਿਕਿਛੁਕੀਆਸੋਕਿਛੁਕਰੈ
[/FONT]जिनिकिछुकीआसोकिछुकरै
[/FONT]Jin kicẖẖ kī*ā so kicẖẖ karai.
[/FONT]He, Who did make the creation, does everything.[/FONT] [/FONT]

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
This question has always nagged at me.:confusedkudi:

All of the answers and Shabads given here given here are wonderful, but I am still unsure.

Perhaps my mind just can't get around the motivations of the Eternal. Perhaps I'm missing something or have a screw loose in my brain.:blinkingkudi:

Are these just plain silly? They are answers I have received at different times from different people.

• For the Majesty and Glory of His name (Christian)
  • God is the Creator. Creators create.
  • It was lonely and wanted someone to play with.
  • It was bored and wanted entertainment.
  • :shockedkudi:
OK, these all really do seem a bit silly, eh?

I suspect that this is one of those questions that I won't find a satisfactory answer to until I merge into the One. Then it will be obvious and I'll wonder how I could have missed it - just before the merging is complete.cheerleader

Some things are simply beyond human understanding. I suspect that this may be one of those.:geekkaur:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70 ji's answer is a good one. it captures a lot.

Aad0002 Ji
We as Sikhs should leave to HIM what we deserve not and continue doing assigned duty or hard work to achieve set up goals and, should involve in dharma as per Guru Teachings, this much surrendering should take away our worries. Since my mind believed in it, I remained fine (unaffected) even after losing a few hundred thousands dollars in a business( my all savings and investments were wiped out, reason to state this is just to share how a little faith in HIM kept me intact emotionally) Simple faith in Him kept me going on. As you are aware of, I still fall and get up, Guru Bachan energizes me again, the of life play goes on.

In the following Guru Shabad, Guru ji takes on all fears and inspires us to keep only one fear in mind, that is the fear of Lord. Why to fear from death, it is His call, why to fear to lose, it is His ordinance. Keeping fear of others in mind, can multiply the fears and one keeps struggling with one or another kind of fear. Guru ji says otherwise to set the soul free from every thing. Some may say to whom we are supposed love, why to fear? Answer can be taken with other example; we all have fear of Law. What we do? Do we live in fear of Law? No, we just remain aware of the codes of law and respect them. Same way we need to be fear of God and never let our ego forget that the ultimate authority is HE. That kind of fear triggers respect for HIM, in respect love glows unconditionally. Hope you will enjoy the following Guru Shabad in this very context.[/FONT]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: