• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Whos Destroying Sikhi?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
At present the biggest threat too Sikhism is division among sikhs and unwilling to accommadate other side of views .This is like going to be shia sunni type of divisions with almost all sides showing high level of aggression against each other

Last edited:

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
sorry bhagat ji, couldnt help myself. haha

Dearest Sister I feel it is always best to delete at the earliest point ,at the point of thought is not bad,one better than that is before thought.
If in doubt don't say it ,especially if it might hurt someones feelings, as what can be gained by being right at the cost of hurting someone,I would rather believe '6 impossible things before breakfast' rather than hurt another,as it is no crime to believe in fairies but it is a crime to hurt those who do.

I read once that there are only two types of people 'those who have lost data and those who will lose data.'In other words one day or another everything will be deleted.

Forgot to say I was not judging you in anyway, just brother sister chat, and because the straight shooting Musketeer is my friend I would not risk upsetting him by posting against him,even though I might be on my sisters side a little.
mwrU mhlw 5 ] Maaroo, Fifth Mehl: maaroo mehlaa 5.
kvn Qwn DIirE hY nwmw kvn bsqu AhMkwrw ] In what place is the Name established? Where does egotism dwell? kavan thaan Dheeri-o hai naamaa kavan basat ahaNkaaraa.
kvn ichn suin aUpir CoihE muK qy suin kir gwrw ]1] What injury have you suffered, listening to abuse from someone else`s mouth? ||1|| kavan chihan sun oopar chhohi-o mukh tay sun kar gaaraa. ||1||

sunhu ry qU kaunu khw qy AwieE ] Listen: who are you, and where did you come from? sunhu ray too ka-un kahaa tay aa-i-o.
eyqI n jwnau kyqIk mudiq clqy Kbir n pwieE ]1] rhwau ] You don`t even know how long you will stay here; you have no hint of when you shall leave. ||1||Pause|| aytee na jaan-o kayteek mudat chaltay khabar na paa-i-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.

shn sIl pvn Aru pwxI bsuDw iKmw inBrwqy ] Wind and water have patience and tolerance; the earth has compassion and forgiveness, no doubt. sahan seel pavan ar paanee basuDhaa khimaa nibhraatay.
pMc qq imil BieE sMjogw ien mih kvn durwqy ]2] The union of the five tattvas - the five elements - has brought you into being. Which of these is evil? ||2|| panch tat mil bha-i-o sanjogaa in meh kavan duraatay. ||2||
ijin ric ricAw puriK ibDwqY nwly haumY pweI ] The Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, formed your form; He also burdened you with egotism. jin rach rachi-aa purakh biDhaatai naalay ha-umai paa-ee. jnm mrxu aus hI kau hY ry Ehw AwvY jweI ]3] He alone is born and dies; He alone comes and goes. ||3|| janam maran us hee ka-o hai ray ohaa aavai jaa-ee. ||3||

brnu ichnu nwhI ikCu rcnw imiQAw sgl pswrw ] Nothing of the color and the form of the creation shall remain; the entire expanse is transitory. baran chihan naahee kichh rachnaa mithi-aa sagal pasaaraa.
Bxiq nwnku jb Kylu auJwrY qb eykY eykMkwrw ]4]4] Prays Nanak, when He brings His play to its close, then only the One, the One Lord remains. ||4||4|| bhanat naanak jab khayl ujhaarai tab aykai aykankaaraa. ||4||4||

Last edited by a moderator:

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Dearest Sister I feel it is always best to delete at the earliest point ,at the point of thought is not bad,one better than that is before thought.
If in doubt don't say it ,especially if it might to hurt someones feelings, as what can be gained by being right at the cost of hurting someone,I would rather believe '6 impossible things before breakfast' rather than hurt another.

Scarlet Pimpernel Ji,

I agree but this was just me working through something. I was mad about something, got it out, and now I'm happy. *shrug. I make no apologies for who I am, and I certainly won't be accused of bad things like not caring etc.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
At present the biggest threat too Sikhism is division among sikhs and unwilling to accommadate .This is like going to be shia sunni type of divisions with almost all sides showing high level of aggression against each other

kds Ji,

I don't necessarily agree, I think part of it is that there are different facets of Sikhism, there is the spiritual, the political, the historical etc. Different personalities rely on different facets more than others, part of that is experience and part of it is just being at different stages.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
There has been so earlier.What are these sectslike,Radha swami,Nirankari.and similar others.They have been created on the basis of difference in understanding of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji only.
Prakash.s.Bagga
Sorry Prakash.S.Bagga ji can you explain what part of SGGS the following are based on,

• Radha swami (no meat :fish: )
  • Nirankari :)mundabhangra::singhbhangra:)
  • Nirmalas (Wear saffron and be wise)
I know they have well groomed turbned leaders but that is all the Sikhi I see in them. They create Kachi Bani and Kache Vichhar. None of these do SGGS vichhar or prakash. One is a Hindu/Sikh dancing club of goody two shoes.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Sorry Prakash.S.Bagga ji can you explain what part of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji the following are based on,

• Radha swami (no meat :fish: )
  • Nirankari :)mundabhangra::singhbhangra:)
  • Nirmalas (Wear saffron and be wise)
I know they have well groomed turbned leaders but that is all the Sikhi I see in them. They create Kachi Bani and Kache Vichhar. None of these do Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji vichhar or prakash. One is a Hindu/Sikh dancing club of goody two shoes.

Sat Sri Akal.

I dont know what they preach but their separation to create a new sect has some background related to social status of Sikhs ofthat time.
In fact Sikhs with PANTHIC concept have been able to maintain outer dignity and honour of SGGS but spritual preachings seem to be idifferent from SGGS.Still the situation is more or less same and the probability of any further sect can not be ruled out.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I dont know what they preach but their separation to create a new sect has some background related to social status of Sikhs ofthat time.
In fact Sikhs with PANTHIC concept have been able to maintain outer dignity and honour of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji but spritual preachings seem to be idifferent from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.Still the situation is more or less same and the probability of any further sect can not be ruled out.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash. S. Bagga ji you are much wiser than that I have absolutely no doubt. Who if any of these three exclusively believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji while they wear "lambey dahreh"/"long beards" and pious turbans! A prerequisite to being a Sikh is guidance from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji alone. One can read Geeta, Quran, Bible but not as a way to modify or start denigrating Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by comparison or citations, etc. Time for citations was when specific Guru ji were alive.

Be straight forward and provide substance please.

My hunch is none of the three groups believe in SGGS as supreme and one for Sikhs!

Regards,

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
kds Ji,

I don't necessarily agree, I think part of it is that there are different facets of Sikhism, there is the spiritual, the political, the historical etc. Different personalities rely on different facets more than others, part of that is experience and part of it is just being at different stages.

I am not talking about different facets of Sikhism.I am talking about sect like divisions happening in Sikhism in which followers of each sect start believing
that their version is the only true version and the other people are either agents who want to destroy Sikhism.You can easily see this type of division if you visit different sikh forums and there are chances of you to be verbally attacked because you post on other forum.Also whenever whenever there is controversy you can see 1 sikh forum is either on supporting side while the one is on opposing

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash. S. Bagga ji you are much wiser than that I have absolutely no doubt. Who if any of these three exclusively believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji while they wear "lambey dahreh"/"long beards" and pious turbans! A prerequisite to being a Sikh is guidance from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji alone. One can read Geeta, Quran, Bible but not as a way to modify or start denigrating Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by comparison or citations, etc. Time for citations was when specific Guru ji were alive.

Be straight forward and provide substance please.

My hunch is none of the three groups believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as supreme and one for Sikhs!

Regards,

Sat Sri Akal.

Well ,I would agree to your point that none of three truely believes in SGGS .I did not assert that .My only reference is to the way some self interested persons did this.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Well ,I would agree to your point that none of three truely believes in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji .I did not assert that .My only reference is to the way some self interested persons did this.
Prakash.s.Bagga
Prakash .S. Bagga ji focus is true information exposition in context and not self interest. If names are mentioned it behooves to give accurate information as succinctly as possible. How many people you think know of the treatment of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by Radhaswamis and Nirankaris? Not too many brother. Even I did not till I joined spn. I learned more through many here and then through need to know based on the curiousity so created.

Sat Sri Akal.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
A prerequisite to being a Sikh is guidance from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji alone.

Veer Ji what guidance if any did God provide to all those people born in the 1000 years prior to our Guru's time,was anything provided and is it still valid today?.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash .S. Bagga ji focus is true information exposition in context and not self interest. If names are mentioned it behooves to give accurate information as succinctly as possible. How many people you think know of the treatment of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by Radhaswamis and Nirankaris? Not too many brother. Even I did not till I joined spn. I learned more through many here and then through need to know based on the curiousity so created.

Sat Sri Akal.

am quite familiar what they all do.They seem not to have understood SGGS but their preachings are definitely based on some sabad from SGGS of their interest.
We all do the same thing.We all justify the consumption of "meat" by giving relevent quotes from Gurbanee which seem to favour what we do.But we would all neglect those quotes which we find hard to satify our own thinking.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
am quite familiar what they all do.They seem not to have understood Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji but their preachings are definitely based on some sabad from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji of their interest.
We all do the same thing.We all justify the consumption of "meat" by giving relevent quotes from Gurbanee which seem to favour what we do.But we would all neglect those quotes which we find hard to satify our own thinking.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji here you go again and show your inner self. Take a piece of a sabad, a complete sabad, etc., mis-interpret and say that core enemies of Sikhism are no different than anyone else quoting and debating a complete sabad. Meaning you compare me, Gyani Jarnail SIngh ji, Amarpal Singh ji, Randip Singh ji, and many others, etc., to Nirankaris/Radhaswamis/Nirmalas. Now I do not know what to say about your inner level of disgust that your mis-direction has not taken hold here. Keep trying for the rest of your life and you are always going to find someone on the other side who will sustain Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Then you take and try to confuse with your meat comment. By the way how many and which sabads have you posted that you believe people did not accept?

Well done brother! Your handlers will be quite proud in case you have some directly or indirectly in these groups, Nirmalas, or wherever.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
am quite familiar what they all do.They seem not to have understood Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji but their preachings are definitely based on some sabad from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji of their interest.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Prakash Ji,
It's not often that I disagree with your posts however, I think you were trying to say something else and worded this incorrectly or you are taking a narrow minded view.
Like Ambarsaria ji said, we don't know exactly what goes on with these sects or deras. But it's certainly not just misintepretations that you are talking about.
Many people like to take parts that suit them and utilise these only.
This actually occurs in ALL religions.

There are ofcourse differences in the way that even members on here view different shabads- this is part of our learning process.

But, these radhasoamis for eg. they actually play with the bani and shabads. Like, they have this being that is highly respected and he gives them naam. This naam is actually a different shabad for everyone, I think this 'naam' has to be kept secret, not sure!. The point is, we shouldn't be looking highly to a certain individual who claims to have authority like Guruship.This is like idol worship status. We have the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and thats ALL we need.
We can get our own naam from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and don't need someone telling us that 'this shabad is for you' as the Guru has given us ALL shabad and bani whenever we choose, it's there.

I don't think when we are misinterpreting bani that we are actually playing with it. This is the difference.

To use the bani and shabad as a tool for authority or power is not misinterpreting it. It's playing with it.
We will all perceive it differently to one another. It's like a hukamnaama, which is pleasing to everyone. However, everyone of us applies it differently to ourselves for that very moment in time.

Sat kartar
Lucky Singh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM