• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Am I ?

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Who am I? by Dr Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Who am I? I am a soul. I am part of Supreme Soul; having the same characteristics of Supreme Soul. I have been given a body to perform my functions. My soul was entered into a body to ensure performance of the given task. Body is thus the instrument of the soul given for performance. This is the truth. I have forgotten this truth and have started considering my body as my real self. I have got gradually attached to this body and everything connected to it. I have been made to believe that my mother has given me my body hence I am attached to her. I have also been made to believe that my body is the result of union of my mother and father. Hence I am attached to my father as well. Gradually this link has been expanded to grandfather, grandmother, uncles, aunties, brother/s, sister/s and so on. My attachment is also made this way to milk and other items of food because they are essential for my body.

This attachment is further expanded to the material and financial world because I have been made to believe that money can help me to buy anything in universe. I am also told that I will be known from the material and financial assets I have. I collect these fervently. More the assets I accumulate more proud I feel of these assets. If I do not get these I get angry at myself, my luck and all that connected to accumulate these assets. I am also made to believe that I will have my own world if I get married. I will have my own children as did my parents. I am attracted to opposite sex. This fills sexual instinct in me. I have started believing that all these attachments and accumulations are the real ones and get lost into these. I thus become the epitome of sex, anger, greed, attachment and pride; the five vices.

I have forgotten that I am not the body but the soul. I have forgotten that my body is subject to continuous change and that It changes from childhood to youth; youth to the aged; It is never the same. Similarly the name given to the body also goes on changing; e.g., baby-bunty in childhood; Raj in youth and Raj Singh Chauhan as a man. Change is transitory and I have got attached to transitory things; which are false. I have forgotten to care for the soul which is permanent. Finally the diminishing energy during old age, physical, mental or spiritual sickness results into death of the gross body and the soul has to change into a new cover. Soul being immortal moves on death from one gross body to another based on accumulation of subtle particles of good and bad actions, deeds, desires and thoughts of earlier births. It is Law of Nature that whatever is created or is born has to perish or die.

The souls of human beings remain immortal. Based on accumulation of past karma - thoughts, deeds and actions, it becomes fierce, calm, terrible, fearless, ignorant and enlightened, trembling and steadfast, forbearing and non-bearing, passionate and ascetic and a prey bewilderment. Thus the quality of manifested soul is different for each individual. Thus purity of the manifested soul and keeping it free from the effect of bad, corrupt and evil deeds, thoughts and desires make it as our philosopher, guide and friend. It is our bad and evil actions, which create tamasic subtle atoms and these go on accumulating on the soul. These subtle atoms being heavier and darker have the effect of dimming the light of the soul and the knowledge it provides does not reach the gross body and capacity to do noble and virtuous deeds and become virtually negligible.

Bade hi sakht chilkey vich akhrot paayi jaandi hai.
The soft core lies encased in the hard crusted walnut

Itne sakht chilkey vich badaam milda hai.
So does the hard shell hides the soft almond

Kudrat da eh niyam hai :- Bohot komal, swaadli, gunkaari cheez nu ohh parde ich pesh kardi hai.
Veiled are nature's supple, subtle and the virtuous

Gittiyaa, patthar te upar upar honde ne,
The gross is easily apparent to the eye

par Heere nu Parmatma ne pahadaa di goud vich chupa rakheya hai.
But gems are hidden deep in the lap of nature

Khudaayi karni paindi hai, mehnat karni paindi hai.
Longingly one needs to toil and dig deep.

Shareer de oopri tal te kaam hi kaam hai,
So the human vices run rampant outwardly, but

Par gehre tal de ich, chetna de ich, mann de ich, Raam hi Raam hai.
Deep inside where consciousness and nous rest, dwells Raam

-Panth Ratan Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen

Source

English translation by coco singh

The soul keeps on changing covers (avagaman) till it sheds away all evil deeds; becomes pure; gets totally linked to the Supreme soul. It reaches its final destination only by merging into Supreme soul.

I have also forgotten that I am part of the grand soul and I am required to perform according to the wishes of the Supreme Soul. I am a part of the grand design. I have created my own design instead and perform to meet my own requirements rather than the one assigned to me by the Supreme soul. I am living in a world of falsehood. I have forgotten the truth and started believing and doing all related to the untruth. This darkness of falsehood has engulfed me in such a way that no ray of hope penetrates through it.

If I had to break this wall of falsehood and get at the truth I must first realize myself. I must get attached to my soul after getting detached from my body to know the truth. The sequence of development is Physical Body- sense organs-senses-mind-will-intellect-ego-spirit (life energy)-soul-Supreme soul. The subtle soul shines when senses are under control and sattavic guna of purity and truthfulness is predominant. The body has to be administered by the manifested soul. I must realize that body is only an outer shell of the soul and is given as a tool to perform my functions assigned by the Supreme soul. I can also perform noble deeds and good actions under the influence of senses, but such deeds will be based on self-interest, personal gain and getting social recognition in society. I must always listen to the voice of my inner soul that is my real self. I must practice through knowledge and even meditation to reach my real self. My "self" is the essence of Supreme soul. In this sense I am pure knowledge; I am without blemish, radiating peace and love. The body can thus be considered as a boat, the manifested soul the sailor, the material world the ocean of matter which is crossed only through truth and knowledge

Only when the soul acquires higher and nobler qualities and when I consider soul as the real self, then only I am different; I am exalted; I am relieved of the circle of life and death. Vedas say: on realisation of the real self, individual himself becomes Brahma (Book 19 of Atharva Veda). According to Yajnavalkya, we are but He when we know our real self. In Kena Upanishad, it is made clear that the soul is Brahma Himself. Brihadrnayaka Upanishad mentions "ahm Brahma asi" - I am Brahma. Mundakya Upanishad says, "ayam atma Brahma"- my soul is God. Bible also says "the soul keeps God's laws" (Deut 26-16). Sri Guru Granth Sahib declared atma becoming parmatma.

I must efface my self-ego; come back to zero attachment (Sunn) with untruth and total attachment with truth. I must realize that I began from the Supreme soul and I have to end my journey in the Supreme soul. I came from Him totally clean and can be accepted only if I am totally clean. I must clean myself of all the vices and detach from all attachments. If I have to get attached to Him again; I must create some attraction for Him; some energy which may cause attraction. Remembrance, service and love are the best modes to cause attraction. Hence remember the Supreme soul; serve according to his directions and love him and the Creation He has created. Once you know this you are Brahmveta; enlightened; once you perform this you are liberated from the circle of life and death (mukta).

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Say Sri Akaal,

Brahma. Original. Originator Initiator

Gyan Knowledge Awareness

Brahmgyan. Knowledge of Source or Origins

Mind if formed of information that contains

1. Genetic Information of all previous births. Unconscious Mind

2. Concious Mind formed by present life inputs through five senses. Continuously developing a sixth sense through five senses. Stored information forms imaginative sense or concious mind.

Through which shallow perception of "I". is perceived .

For eg "I" am Punjabi how during birth mind listened Punjabi and than have inputs from nursery to understand letters words of Punjabi.
So mind inputs make Me Punjabi. Hindi. English and so on

With shallow perception "I" forget creatre of Mind and remain attached to information and having EGO of being Punjabi or Sikh or Hindu or Christin forgetting BRAHM one remain in BHARAM

So connect to source/origins to attain knowledge /realisation. That dispell doubts of inputs.

3. Is mediating mind between spine action and formed mind Subconscious mind

Before mind learns

if one know

How mind learns.

Than one follows realisation path through objective learning.

And not limit self to the subjective parroting of text for knowledge. acquisition.

This is essence of SIKH or LEARNER.

It contains all humans irrespective of caste creed form. This is universal phenomenon of NATURE

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki fateh

Last edited:

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Say Sri Akaal,

Gyan Knowledge Awareness

2. Concious Mind formed by present life inputs through five senses. Continuously developing a sixth sense through five senses. Stored information forms imaginative sense or concious mind.

For eg "I" am Punjabi how during birth mind listened Punjabi and than have inputs from nursery to understand letters words of Punjabi.

With shallow perception "I" forget creatre of Mind and remain attached to information and having EGO of being Punjabi or Sikh or Hindu or Christin forgetting BRAHM one remain in BHARAM

So connect to source/origins to attain knowledge /realisation. That dispell doubts of inputs.

3. Is mediating mind between spine action and formed mind Subconscious mind

Before mind learns

if one know

How mind learns.

Than one follows realisation path through objective learning.

And not limit self to the subjective parroting of text for knowledge. acquisition.

This is essence of SIKH or LEARNER.

It contains all humans irrespective of caste creed form. This is universal phenomenon of NATURE

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki fateh

Half statements? Codes cannot be understood. Will you be clearer in what you want to say or want?

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Say Sri Akaal,

Gyan Knowledge Awareness

Before mind learns

if one know

How mind learns.
Than one follows realisation parh through objective learning.

And not. the subjective parroting of text.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

,"I" EGO, Comes from stored information, in spiritual terms, "I" has no relevance, it should be reduced to Null first to understand or connect to natures Truth, which can be done through understanding of "I" first.

Who am "I"
so I what one reflects is stored information of mind.
I am Punjabi Hindi Bengali French
I am Sikh Hindu Muslim Christin
I am Engineer Doctor Cobbler

Stored information puts a veil on real being a human.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
One can forget 'I'; one realises oneself. Self realisation starts with knowing self, purpose of life, how to live, get detached from the world and attached to Him. Become jeevan Mukta; when one does not think of self at all but thinks of Him always; loves Him immensely since He understand no other language than the language of love. The first stage 'torealise self 'who am I to He the total universe inclusive; from self to God the journey is not easy; it is not the bookish knowledge but the practical of life. Dharma i.e., performance of duty as per Hukam, Knowledge of God, meditation on Him, God's acceptance of the effort of meditation and call to join Him; becoming like Him i.e., jeevan mukta

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Kiv. how
Sachiara.
Hovie to get truth

Kiv how
Kureh
Tuthe. To break
Pal veil of ignorance

Hukam. Natures Truth
Rajai. Acceptance
Chalna. And followance in life

Nanak. Says NANAK
Likhya. Written
Naal. Genetic Record

Jeevan.Mukta. Liberated Soul

Human soul with veil of learning experience duality during life.
Duality comes while
Eating. Hair Keeping. Drinking. Religion. Politics there are forms reasoning there ways of life, never ending discussion

How to free minds from dual thoughts, concluding thoughts (become jeevan mukta) making them crystalline like jewels in the mind on which mind reflects.

When the whole thoughts get concluded it is. relieved from thinking.
Concluded thoughts don't born again to die.

Attached to truth they live for ever.

Normally duality ceases only at death, but may happen if one concludes all thoughts before death or at any stage (jeevan mukta) liberated while living.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki fateh

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Kiv. how
Sachiara.
Hovie to get truth

Kiv how
Kureh
Tuthe. To break
Pal veil of ignorance

Hukam. Natures Truth
Rajai. Acceptance

Nanak. Says NANAK
Likhya. Written
Naal. Genetic Record

Duality comes while
Eating. Hair Keeping. Drinking. Religion. Politics there are forms reasoning there ways of life, never ending discussion

How to free minds from dual thoughts, concluding thoughts (become jeevan mukta) making them crystalline like jewels in the mind on which mind reflects.

Normally duality ceases only at death, but may happen if one concludes all thoughts before death or at any stage (jeevan mukta) liberated while living.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki fateh
How do you suggest to improve the existing main text? i will be eager to know the suggestion

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Dalvinder sing Ji, main text is already well written, rather my way of writing is the way it comes, with poor presentation but try to present concept the way it appears.
Writing and interaction makes it more crystal clear of Gurus Bani.

Hope the right concepts are taken over with ritual reading and writing.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Dalvinder sing Ji, main text is already well written, rather my way of writing is the way it comes, with poor presentation but try to present concept the way it appears.
Writing and interaction makes it more crystal clear of Gurus Bani.

Hope the right concepts are taken over with ritual reading and writing.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

Simplest to the point words save much discussions, I pray.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
upload_2017-6-25_20-18-25.png

The domains of cognitive science
All those four kinds of mental activities can be traced to areas of Brain that can be called "SELF." These activities are known to part of Brain that I call "Knowing-Self." I make this distinction as there is distinction between Contents of Consciousness and Composition of Consciousness. The Contents of Consciousness are experienced in different areas of Cerebral Cortex.
Reticular Formation
upload_2017-6-25_20-20-45.png

The part or area of Brain called Reticular Formation is the site where the Contents of Consciousness are composed and relayed to different areas of Cerebral Cortex where "Self" becomes aware of those contents. Reticular Formation can be called "The Knowing-Self" and this part plays critical role in regulating Respiration, Circulation, Arousal, and Motor Reflexes. It provides the basis for Self-Discipline, Self-Control, and Self-restraint.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Kiv. how
Sachiara.
Hovie to get truth

Kiv how
Kureh
Tuthe. To break
Pal veil of ignorance

Hukam. Natures Truth
Rajai. Acceptance

Nanak. Says NANAK
Likhya. Written
Naal. Genetic Record

Duality comes while

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki fateh

‘ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਤੂੰ’
ਡਾ: ਦਲਵਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਗ੍ਰੇਵਾਲ
‘ਮੈਂ’ ਜੇ ‘ਹਾਂ’ ਤਾਂ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਹੈਂ ਨਾਹੀਂ, ‘ਮੈਂ’ ਨਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਹੈਂ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਹੀ।
ਉਸ ‘ਮੈਂ’ ਦਾ ਕੀ ਮਤਲਬ ਹੈ ਜੇ ਭੁਲ ਜਾਵਾਂ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ।
ਬੇਮਤਲਬ ਇਹ ‘ਮੈਂ’ ਮਿਟ ਜਾਵੇ, ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਹੀ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਹੋ ਜਾਵੇ।
ਜਿਸਨੇ ਰਚਿਆ ਉਹ ਜੇ ਆਪੇ ਅਪਣੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਿਲਾਵੇ।
ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਬਣ ਜਾਂ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਹੀ, ਰਹੇ ਨਾ ਰੱਤੀ ‘ਹੂੰ’ ਹੀ।
ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੰਡ, ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਸਭ ਧਾਰੇ।
ਕਾਰਣ ਹੈਂ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਕਰਤਾ ਹੈਂ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਕੀ ਨੇ ਜੀਵ ਵਿਚਾਰੇ।
ਜਿਵੇਂ ਚਲਾਵੇਂ ਓਵੇਂ ਚੱਲਣ, ਜੀ ਚਰਖੇ ਦੀ ‘ਘੂੰ’ ਹੀ।
ਇਸ ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੰਡ ‘ਚ ਹੋਂਦ ਹੈ ਜਿਸਦੀ ਇਕ ਕਿਣਕੇ ਦੀ ਨਿਆਈਂ।
ਵੱਸ ਕੀ ਉਸਦੇ ਹੋਂਦ ਤੇਰੀ ਤੇ ਕਿੰਤੂ ਕਰੇ ਅਜਾਈਂ ।
ਜੋ ਹੋਇਆ, ਨਾ ਹੋਇਆਂ ਵਰਗਾ, ਸਭ ਝੂਠੀ ‘ਫੂੰ, ਫੂੰੰ’ ਹੀ।
ਪਲ ਪਲ ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਮ ਪੁਕਾਰਾਂ ਦਰ ਤੇ ਅਰਜ਼ ਪਵੇ ਨਾ।
ਮੇਰੀ ਹੋਂਦ ਮਿਟਾ ਦੇ ਦਾਤਾ, ‘ਮੈਂ’ ਨੂੰ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਕਰ ਦੇ ਨਾ।
ਜਦ ਮਿਲਣਾ ਹੈ ਇਕ ਦਿਨ ਤੁਝ ਵਿੱਚ, ਚੱਕਰ ਕਿਉਂ ਇਹ ਊੰ ਹੀ।
ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ
ਸ਼ੁਕਰ ਹੈ ਤੇਰਾ ਜੋ ਜਗਾਉਨੈਂ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।
‘ਆ ਜਾ ਲੜ ਲੱਗ’ ਕਹਿ ਬੁਲਾਉਨੈਂ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।
ਟਿਕੀ ਪਹਿਰ, ਚੁੱਪ-ਚਾਂਧ, ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਤੇ ਸੁਹਾਣੀ,
ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਚਾਰੇ ਪਾਸੇ ਦਿਸ ਆਉਨੈਂ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।
ਸਦਕੇ ਮੈਂ ਜਾਵਾਂ ਤੇਰੇ ਮਿਹਰਾਂ ਦਿਆ ਸਾਈਆਂ,
ਨਦਰੇ-ਕਰਮ ਜੋ ਤੂੰ ਪਾਉਨੈ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।
ਧੰਦਿਆਂ ਤੋਂ ਪਾਸੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਤੋਂ ਕਿਨਾਰਾ,
ਆਲਸੀ ਦੀ ਆਲਸ ਹਟਾਉਨੈਂ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।
ਤੂੰਹੀਓਂ ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਦਿਸੇਂ, ‘ਮੈ ਮੇਰੀ’ ਮਿਟ ਜਾਵੇ
ਜਦੋਂ ਤੁੰ ਵਿਚਾਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਟਾਉਨੈਂ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।
ਮਨ ਵੀ ਇਹ ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਹੋਵੇ ਹਿਰਦਾ ਵੀ ਸ਼ਾਂਤ,
ਜਦ ਗਲਵਕੜੀ ਤੂੰ ਪਾਉਨੈਂ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।
ਸਦਕੇ ਮੈਂ ਜਾਵਾਂ ਡੂੰਘੇ ਚਿੱਤ ਚੋਂ ਧਿਆਵਾਂ,
ਆਪਾ ਤੇਰੇ ਹੱਥ ਜੋ ਦਿਵਾਉਨੈਂ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।
ਨੇੜੇ ਰੱਖੀ ਰੱਖ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਨਾ ਜੱਗ,
ਆਉਂਦਾ ਏ ਅਨੰਦ ਲੜ ਲਾਉਨੈਂ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਜੇ।

ਧਿਆਨ
ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰ ਏਨਾ ਕੁ ਗਿਆਨ ਰੱਖੀ ਰੱਖਾਂ।
ਚੱਤੋ ਪਹਿਰ ਤੇਰੇ ‘ਚ ਧਿਆਨ ਰੱਖੀ ਰੱਖਾਂ।
ਪੜ੍ਹੀਆਂ ਕਿਤਾਬਾਂ ਤੇ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਨੇ ਬਥੇਰੇ।
ਆਈ ਏ ਸਮਝ ਬਸ ਇਕੋ ਗੱਲ ਮੇਰੇ।
ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ‘ਇੱਕ’ ਦਾ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ’ ਰੱਖੀ ਰੱਖਾਂ।
ਚੱਤੋ ਪਹਿਰ ਤੇਰਾ ‘ਚ ਧਿਆਨ ਰੱਖੀ ਰੱਖਾਂ।
ਕਿਣਕਾ ਕੀ ਜਾਣਾ ਕਿਨਾ ਵਿਸ਼ਵ ਦਾ ਪਸਾਰਾ,
ਅੰਦਰ ਨਾ ਦਿਸੇ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਦਿਸੇ ਉਹਨੂੰ ਬਾਹਰਾ।
ਐਵੇਂ ਝੂਠੀ ਆਸ ਦਾ ਸਮਾਨ ਰੱਖੀ ਰੱਖਾਂ।
‘ਮੇਰੀ’ ‘ਮੈਂ’ ਨੇ ਚੱਕਰਾਂ ‘ਚ ਝੂਠਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ।
‘ਤੂੰ’ ਹੀ ‘ਤੂੰ’ ਹੈ ਸੱਚ ਉਤੇ ‘ਮੈਂ’ ਕਿਉਂ ਛਾਇਆ ਹੋਇਆ।
ਤੋੜ ਦੇ ਭਰਮ ਤੇਰਾ ਮਾਨ ਰੱਖੀ ਰੱਖਾਂ

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
The body is false. Just like everything else in this reality, it's over 99.9999% empty space and what's left? Electrons / quarks... the smallest of subatomic particles. These bits are identical. An electron is an electron. No two are different. And electrons have shown us through quantum physics experiments, that they can behave as a wave or as a particle. In fact, experiments have proven (to the dismay of many) that when there is no conscious observer, electrons are not something tangible... meaning they are not matter. They are waves, basically energy passing through a medium by with no substance. Why is this important? Because our bodies, just like all matter are also made of these same electrons. Since the brain is part of the body, and since we have proven that our consciousness can affect the state of electrons (even as far as affecting them in the past!) then our consciousness can not be a product of the matter of our brains! Someone has to be 'observing' our brains (and rest of our bodies, just like all of reality) into existence. Who is that consciousness? That consciousness is who we are.

In fact the only real thing at all is consciousness. Rest is like a dream. Basically waves, thought waves. Form is part of the illusion or dream and it's all internal. There is nothing actually 'out there'.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
The body is false. Just like everything else in this reality, it's over 99.9999% empty space and what's left? Electrons / quarks... the smallest of subatomic particles. These bits are identical. An electron is an electron. No two are different. And electrons have shown us through quantum physics experiments, that they can behave as a wave or as a particle. In fact, experiments have proven (to the dismay of many) that when there is no conscious observer, electrons are not something tangible... meaning they are not matter. They are waves, basically energy passing through a medium by with no substance. Why is this important? Because our bodies, just like all matter are also made of these same electrons. Since the brain is part of the body, and since we have proven that our consciousness can affect the state of electrons (even as far as affecting them in the past!) then our consciousness can not be a product of the matter of our brains! Someone has to be 'observing' our brains (and rest of our bodies, just like all of reality) into existence. Who is that consciousness? That consciousness is who we are.

In fact the only real thing at all is consciousness. Rest is like a dream. Basically waves, thought waves. Form is part of the illusion or dream and it's all internal. There is nothing actually 'out there'.

Points raised are 'empty space' and 'consciousness', hence are dealt with differently.
Energy and Empty space

The law of conservation of energy states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed: it can only be transformed from one state to another. It is also established that the content of energy remains the same; it neither increases nor decreases.

Theory of Space

For the common people the place where the things are not visible is considered empty; and is having space. The things that are not visible are considered to be creating space in this terminology. In actuality there is no space; since energy is present everywhere either in the form of wave or particle. Hence all the particles in the universe are in contact with every other neighbouring particles passing on the impact of the contact to the last in the universe; impact may be miniscule or large depending on energy and force of the contact particles.

Theory of Contact,

All the energy, matter or things in the universe are in regular contact; all big and small things; all the things close and all the things far away; all are in contact. Every contact creates an impact and impact creates transfer of energy and a change in the other depending on the energy transferred and force which it is transferred.

String Theory

Everything is in a string. The visibility being limited we get different results; thinking processes being different, we have different names, but all remained bound to a single string. The stringing is so intense that there are no gaps; each particle impacting the other at every moment. This impact is continuous; non-breaking: one particle impacts any other particle in any part of the universe systematically. Thus impact on one particle is impacting the entire universe. This also shows that not a single particle in the universe is without impact of other particles, the impact gross and not individualistic. This impact can be increased or decreased by concentration. To measure impact on one particle; measuring the impact of only the neighbouring particles thus will not yield the right result.

Theory of Continuity

This contact is regular meaning there is no space in between any corresponding source of energy.

All the small things and big things are joined to form continuity. We have things visible and things not visible; things identifiable and things not identifiable; all joined together to form a continuity. There is no space between any two things in actuality even though we find the visible items as separate because of non visibility of smaller items which are in continuity.

Theory of Change

The universe is made of energy which is continuously changing. Entire energy is in continuity and there is no space. It may be in the form of wave or particle; but everything in this universe is in regular contact.

Theory of Visibility

There is no limit to smallness and greatness of particles. There is countless small particulate matter not visible to human eye due to the limits of reflecting power of the particulate matter and the reception power of human eye or alternatively to the instrument used. When these small things combine to form one big thing; they become visible. For examples, the quarks and fermions are not visible. When they join they form electrons, neutrons and protons, they still are not visible. When electrons, protons and neutrons join together and form into atoms, they are still not visible to human eye. When atoms join and form molecules; they still are not visible. However when molecules form to make substances they become visible sometimes. Thus group of smaller things when combined make big things and become visible. Similarly the distance from the eyes also affects visibility. For example the things close to us are visible but things which are away for example out of our town will not be visible. Similarly, there are numerous stars and constellations which are not visible to human eye or even to the instruments devised by man. There are countless things away from the visibility of the beings which the individuals cannot see. All these things are in regular contact; though we may be unable to see this contact.

Theory of Time

Our present time is the creation of human mind which has been related to the sun. We started with days and nights; hours, minutes and seconds relating these to the sun. If sun would not have been there; earth would not have been there and days and nights would not have been there. Thus the time is the creation of mind of the man. There was no time when the man was not there. Hence to talk about space and time as the standards of measurements of the past especially of the period when man was not there or when sun was not there or when this universe was not there is a creation of human mind. Animals and birds do not bother about time; though they may link their movements to movement of sunlight. How we decide about the time of origin of universe? Since the universe has been created and recreated many times; from which universe should we start our time? It is like starting the time with one bubble in water which when breaks we start thinking of another time. Since sun came much later than existing universe we have to count backwards to relate to the present time..

Naming the Particulate Matter:

The things which we see we identify them with names. We identify the names by their functions or by their attributes. They may be common nouns, proper noun, classified nouns, abstract nouns etc. Among other houses, we have our house which is full in all respects. It has windows; doors, curtains, tables, chairs, beds, cups, saucers, glasses, plates, trays, water, fire, electric switches, plugs sockets and what not which we know and we have given them common nouns. We have classified all things beings used for cooking and serving as utensils; all tables and chairs as furniture; utensils and furniture items are thus classified names. We are husband and wife with children in the house. We have named our children as Raj, Taj, Ram, Mani etc. Parents also gave us the names like Joy, Deep etc. All these are proper names. These are names given to a group of items bound together to be visible and have thus become identifiable. They are linked with numerous other items not being seen which we do not give any name and do not identify. All are however connected. Sagal samgri tumre sootar dhari (M.5 Sukhmani). Everything is in a string. The visibility being limited we get different results; thinking processes being different, we have different names, but all remained bound to a single string, part of the same energy, changing continuously from one form to another.

Any set of laws that describes a continuous world such as our own will have a concept of energy, which is conserved quantity. [12]
It is well accepted that the entire universe is made of energy which continuously changes its forms i.e., it is not stable. It is also well accepted that the quantity of energy remains the same; it neither increases nor decreases. It is also accepted that the universe is governed by the natural laws (and not scientific laws). Stephen Hawking call this universe as deterministic universe: Once you set up a starting configuration, or initial condition, the laws determine what happens in future.[13] The origin and expansion of the universe has to be under natural laws. Big bang is not a natural law hence all the more questionable.

Since it is accepted that origin had been from a zero or condensed state and all the expansion occurred there from. This zero state may be considered as a one of the state in continuity where the condensation process of energy would have ended. According to Hawking this continuity is due to gravity. (p. 180). He further says that, “for a gravity to predict finite quantities, the theory must have … super symmetry between the forces of nature and the matter on which they act. M-theory is the most general super-symmetric theory of gravity. For these reasons M-theory is the only candidate for a complete theory of the universe.” [14] The total process is sinusoidal. The universe might have originated and ended many times beyond time calculation of human mind.

References:

[1] Overbye, Dennis (20 February 2017). "Cosmos Controversy: The Universe Is Expanding, but How Fast?". New York Times. Retrieved 21 February 2017.

[2] Seymour Feldman (1967). "Gersonides' Proofs for the Creation of the Universe".Proceedings of the American Academy for Jewish Research. Proceedings of the American Academy for Jewish Research, Vol. 35.35: 113–137.doi:10.2307/3622478.JSTOR3622478.

[3] Craig, William Lane (June 1979). "Whitrow and Popper on the Impossibility of an Infinite Past".The British Journal for the Philosophy of Science.30(2): 165–170 [165–6].doi:10.1093/bjps/30.2.165.

[4] "First Second of the Big Bang". How The Universe Works 3. 2014. Discovery Science.

[5] "Big-bang model". Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved 11 February 2015.

[6] Wright, E. L. (9 May 2009). "What is the evidence for the Big Bang?". Frequently Asked Questions in Cosmology. UCLA, Division of Astronomy and Astrophysics. Retrieved 16 October 2009.

[7] "Planck reveals an almost perfect universe". PLANCK. ESA. 2013-03-21. Retrieved 2017-04-15.

[8] Kragh, Helge (1996). Cosmology and Controversy. Princeton University Press. pp. 318, 319. ISBN0-691-02623-8. At the same time that observations tipped the balance definitely in favor of relativisstic big-bang theory, ...

[9] Partridge, R. B. (2007). 3K: The Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation (illustrated ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. xvii. ISBN978-0-521-35808-8.Extract of page xvii

[10] Peebles, P. J. E.; Ratra, Bharat (2003). "The cosmological constant and dark energy". Reviews of Modern Physics. 75 (2):559–606. arXiv:astro-ph/0207347 . Bibcode2003RvMP...75..559P. doi:10.1103/RevModPhys.75.559.

[11] Chow, Tai L. (2008). Gravity, Black Holes, and the Very Early Universe: An Introduction to General Relativity and Cosmology. Springer (via Google Books). p. 211.

[12] Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow: The Grand design: Bantam Books trade Paperbacks, New York, p.179
[13] Op Cit., p. 172.

[14] Op Cit., p.181

Consciousness

Conscience Method of Self-Realization: Scientific Description by the West on Self-realization is through Consciousness, Intuition and Awareness.The truth seeker of the westfeels that the conscience is the voice of the Self which says 'yes' or 'no' when one is involved in a moral struggle. It is the guiding voice within; it is how one distinguishes from right or wrong. Conscience tells you to behave in the right manner and reminds you of the consequences.

Scientifically, consciousness development can be considered in seven stages: 1. Pre-consciousness 2. Consciousness 3. Primate Consciousness 4. Late Hominid Consciousness 5. Self-Consciousness 6. Communal Consciousness 7. Super-consciousness

1. Pre-consciousness is the ability to respond to environmental stimuli. Pre-consciousness includes sensitivity to change (detection) response to change (behavior) and adaptation by means of genetic mutation.

2. Consciousness is the ability to receive and store environmental stimuli, and to perform an intentional action based on the data. It involves learning, which is the ability to save and recall information, and to develop new behavior in response to environmental change.

3. Primate consciousness forms a bridge between consciousness and self-consciousness. Primate consciousness includes all aspects of consciousness with the addition of: self-recognition, sign language, symbol manipulation, expanded memory and curiosity (the desire to know or learn).

4. Late hominid consciousness is an extension of primate consciousness. Habiline consciousness included mental sequencing of events and perhaps primitive use of language in the form of individual sound and symbol sequencing.

5. Self-consciousness is the ability to symbolically represent the environment, and oneself. It is the ability to think, predict and invent. Homo Sapiens evolved increased brain size, a variety of stone tool making and use, a growing capacity for language, and complexity in the rules of kinship, taboo, obligation, and social standing.

6. Communal consciousness is group identity and awareness, which is characterized by a shared purpose. Specific elements of communal consciousness include signaling, mimicry, courtship, grouping, synchronous behavior, social exchange, cooperation, altruism, empathy,
reciprocity, cultural exchange, and distal storage. Communal consciousness applies to all other categories of consciousness.

7. Super-consciousness: Super-consciousness is consciousness of the future. Super-consciousness may result from the evolution of self-consciousness, including the transfer of self-consciousness from human beings to human-made systems. The evolution of self-consciousness to super-consciousness may lead to the creation of a new species. A new species, which is super-conscious, may evolve from the genetic modification of an existing brain/mind (leading to a more complex self-consciousness), a first-generation genetically engineered brain/mind, a machine intelligent brain/mind (robot or supercomputer), a symbiotic relationship between human and machine. In addition, large interactive systems on the scale of planets, stars or galaxies may evolve a form of communal super-consciousness characterized by a grand network of symbiotic interconnections. In part, the human journey consists in the continual expansion, refinement, and heightening of consciousness in response to the challenges and opportunities of daily life. Over a series of many lifetimes, the ordinary human rises, step by step, from the limitations of narrow self-centeredness to the exalted heights of universal love and compassion. "We can only speculate on the potential of the expansion of consciousness. We are told that there are great beings that contain within their consciousness entire solar systems and even galaxies and beyond. In some distant future, we may have such vast reaches of awareness ourselves. The contemplation of the starry sky gives some sense of the potential vastness of consciousness."https://www.sikhphilosophy.net/file...p 1/Books/allbooks/books/gn/Chap2gn.doc#_edn1

"Universal" means good for everybody, all the time. The sub-atomic universe - i.e. the world at a level where smallness causes space-time to stop being solid matter instead becoming a fantastic bubbling of black-holes and super-string micro-bridges - an infinitesimal web of filaments of "Light". At higher energy configurations, the sorcerers of yore discovered, all is a dreamscape; a single super-consciousness. The physical world's building block is "pure energy". The universe is a ceaseless agitation of consciousness - a constant flow of Mind. The material world is constructed of soapsuds wherein each bubble occupies a unique region of space, where every thing occupies a unique cell in a Master Mind. At subatomic levels, reality is Light as universal energy is churned into bubbles of matter from inside out. Each bubble is created from awareness itself - i.e. pure intelligence that exists independently in that fraction of space and for that fraction of time before reconnecting with all in the "nothingness" (i.e. before time). As described by mystics, saints and near-deathers from time immemorial, God is Light, and the Light is configured as bubbles, spheres. Each sphere is linked to all others by sharing an inside - an Absolute Center.

https://www.sikhphilosophy.net/file.../Books/allbooks/books/gn/Chap2gn.doc#_ednref1 Extracted from Bridge to Superconsciousness

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
A soul is nothing but a clump of energy like anything else, either in an organic or an inorganic form. It is a feel good catch phrase though.
In fact, we are all part of this energy whom we call Ik Ong Kaar and many call it god because of our poor vocabulary in any language.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
A soul is nothing but a clump of energy like anything else, either in an organic or an inorganic form. It is a feel good catch phrase though.
In fact, we are all part of this energy whom we call Ik Ong Kaar and many call it god because of our poor vocabulary in any language.

How about.... the Universal awareness. The 'I Am'. The intrinsic underlying 'being' the 'Doer' behind all of us and everything?

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010

Has any one got a proof that soul is a dump of energy? incidentally there is record of one experiment of this but that too has been declared unreliable.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant Singh said:

dalvindersinghgrewal responds

Has any one got a proof that soul is a dump of energy? incidentally there is record of one experiment of this but that too has been declared unreliable.

dalvindersinghgrewal ji,

Guru Fateh.

Nice to see you and it is great to be back at SPN to learn from Sikh scholars and historians like you.
My initial posts were to anyone and everyone. I am glad we are interacting and hopefully, others may also follow. Keeping that in mind, let's address members by their names in order to avoid any confusion. I hope you will understand that.

You write,"Has any one got a proof that soul is a dump of energy?"

Actually, I said a clump of energy not dump. I am sure it is a typo.
Please elaborate what you understand by "a clump of Energy" and also energy itself.
Please share with us your Sikhi wisdom where there is no energy at all.
What is a soul and what is it made of?

You continue,"incidentally there is record of one experiment of this but that too has been declared unreliable"

Pardon my ignorance about the above remark because I have no idea what you are talking about.
Would you be kind enough to put that in layman's term so a Sikh-a student, a learner, a seeker like me can learn from it?

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Guru Fateh.

Nice to see you and it is great to be back at SPN to learn from Sikh scholars and historians like you.
My initial posts were to anyone and everyone. I am glad we are interacting and hopefully, others may also follow. Keeping that in mind, let's address members by their names in order to avoid any confusion. I hope you will understand that.

Please elaborate what you understand by "a clump of Energy" and also energy itself.

You continue,"incidentally there is record of one experiment of this but that too has been declared unreliable"

Pardon my ignorance about the above remark because I have no idea what you are talking about.
Would you be kind enough to put that in layman's term so a Sikh-a student, a learner, a seeker like me can learn from it?

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Dear Tejwant Ji,
My question was "Is their any evidence that soul is a clump of energy?" You have put a question in return. May I request you to answer the question and you will be clear about what I said.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
dalvindersinghgrewaln ji,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Dear Tejwant Ji,
My question was "Is their any evidence that soul is a clump of energy?" You have put a question in return. May I request you to answer the question and you will be clear about what I said.

dalvindersinghgrewal ji,

Guru fateh.

You will find the answer to the above in your own post #14 in this very thread.

Here is just one example from your own post. In fact, your post is filled with the examples of energy.

Theory of Change

The universe is made of energy which is continuously changing. Entire energy is in continuity and there is no space. It may be in the form of wave or particle; but everything in this universe is in regular contact.

As we are part of the Universe so is the Soul no matter how one defines it.

You may re-read what you yourself have posted for more clarifications.

I will wait for the answers from you for the questions posed by me.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: