• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Where To Start Learning About The Sikh Religion And Philosophy

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I'm a white Sikh! *jumps up and down with hand in the air*

Kahuna ji, white converts to Sikhi are all around the world. Convert isn't really the right term because there's nothing special you do to "convert" it's more like a "grown into Sikhi" than "converted to Sikhi".

A lot of white people are attracted to Sikhi via Kundalini Yoga and become members of a Sikh sect called "3HO". You can google them if you're so inclined, however I would recommend focusing on mainstream Sikhi for now.

I've been learning about Sikhi on-and-off for about 9 years but only serious about it for the last 4 years.

And I've learned more here at SPN in 12 months than I have on any other Sikh forum over the years. Thank you SPN!

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Id just like to thank everyone who has added a comment to this thread. I am finding you all very helpful and good natured. What is the situation with white Sikhs? You ever have a white Sikh? Just curious, I think education is whats imporant but would be curious to know if you ever have any people convert.

A Sikh is a Sikh no matter what background they come from, whether black, white, brown or Martian!! In many ways not being of Indian background might help as you are free of the shackles of Panjabi culture. I personally would love to the the sangat in Gurdwara coming from more diverse backgrounds.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: