• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Whats The Point Of Life?

Anoop

SPNer
Mar 12, 2006
London Uk
I know quiet alot about sikhism. There is one creator, who which prevades everywhere and really exists. But then, where is this for human life. Obviously, we must realise god, but is it not fun to carry on this earth life. I get stressed out thinking, family members die, and i get shocked, and im thinknig whats the use of being in this life, even if there is a universal creator. I think there is no point. I always try to think to myself i should become amrit shak to realise truth, but, i just get put off thinking, there is no happiness in this life, i might be able to handle family death etc, but its just that, i get discouraged about this life. Is it right for me to listen to my heart rather than going in depth with god? Isnt that where the heart leads us to...the truth, love?

eropa234

SPNer
Mar 24, 2005
Toronto
Nanak Dukhyia Sub Sansar: According to Gurbani and its also my belief that knowledge of Bani leeds one to Mukta ( freedom from all wordly pain and union with one present in all of us.

Janum Janum bhar mat phirion mityo na Jam ko Tras.

Kaho Nanak Har Bhaj Mana Nirbhay hova bass.

you have gone thorough several life times believing you are the wise one, but failed to detach your self from life.

Self realization is the only way out.

Guru Kabir ji has also written in Granth Sabhib in much detail about Mukta.

Sincerely

Inder Pal Singh

Jul 18, 2007
London
Knowing a lot does not always means you should know the answers to basic questions like the one you have asked. This is our biggest downfall, our Guru's expressed that they knew nothing, remained humble and yet knew all, we say we know this we know that but are still struggling with basic concepts.... sorry rant over! (this is not aimed at you specifically, includes me!)

The human body is perishable, the soul is not hence, this is how we are "sai bhang" - self sustained, what powers the soul? the Almighty, that is the connection we have lost due to falling attached to worldly items, relationships, emotions, roles we play etc. The world is a game show, fulfill your purpose/duties in a positive way simple. This "purpose/duties" are unique to each of us!

"Mukhti" has been made out to be like some impossible achievement which is only available to "chosen" ones. Sikhi wouldn't be for the masses if this was the case ;-)

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Q: What is the purpose of life?

A:
The purpose of life is to purify yourself, meditate on God and eventually become one with God.

God is the greatest spirit of all and our soul is a part of God. Our soul has been separated from God and it’s dignity remains in merging back with God. The purpose of this life is to become one with God, to merge in the One whom we originated from. Our Guru tells us, "This human body has been given to you. This is your chance to meet God. All other works are of no use. Join the holy congregation and meditate on the Name of God" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 12).

The goal is to break away from the cycle of birth and death and attain salvation by being one with God. Our soul has been separated from God filled of many impurities such as lust, anger, greed, attachment to materialistic things, and ego. We are to purify our soul so that we can become one with God. We can do so by living an honest and humble lifestyle and meditating on God.

In addition, "The blind have forgotten the Name of God. The self-willed people are in utter darkness. Their comings and goings in reincarnation do not end; through death and rebirth, they are wasting away" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 19). Furthermore, "Those who meditate single-mindedly on the Name of God, and contemplate the teachings of the Guru. Their faces are forever radiant in the Kingdom of God" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 28). The ones who do not meditate on God keep going through the cycle of birth and death while the one who meditate on God and love Him become radiant in His Kingdom.

source: http://www.realsikhism.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1248309055&ucat=7

THE SIKH WAY = regular SEVA + SIMRAN + SANGAT !

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM