• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is Jal Jogan?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all And TGill Jee!

Quote "Joining hands will only create friction."
Joining hands may help while living in the outer world. It may be with a companion or in a prayer. I have luckily good experiences.
On the inner journey even our hands do not accompany us. One falls in God's hands then happily.
Quote "We don't need to learn at all to become a sikh."
Perhaps they need one lot (dhai aakhar) of true NAM.

Quote "Why bother about how bhai jis interpret the words, who cares about them !"
I do not know why I felt love with the Sangat.

Balbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
explorer

You are correct. If we don't believe you we can take a look at all the references to "jogan" in Dasam Granth to figure out why you are on the right track. And then look at the references to "jogan" in Siri Guru Granth Sahib to understand why these would not make sense in the context of either shabad quoted in this thread. And all will, with slight mental effort, see why "jal jogan" has to refer to creatures in the water that wander aimlessly about and in an endless mission to feed on flesh and blood -- like eels, crocodiles and sharks.

Thanks for cross-referencing to Mahan Kosh. It is not translated into English to my knowledge.

Simple deduction.

Aug 27, 2007
I quote from the above.It is the apt way to end something that keeps on dragging without any meaning.

"Pothi par par jag mua pandit bhaya na koe, dhai aakhar prem ke parhe so pandit hoye.":roll:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Harpreetsingh ji, what is the meaning of meaning?

I think this one is more appropriate actually.
:D
pMifq pMifq jil mUey mUrK aubry Bwig
pa(n)ddith pa(n)ddith jal mooeae moorakh oubarae bhaag
The Pandits, the religious scholars, have been burnt to death, while the illiterate ones run to safety.

Kabeer, page 1373, SGGS

explorer

SPNer
Mar 27, 2006
Dea Aad0002 ji,

In the above post, you have quoted the Gurbani verse incompletely and the meaning is also limited to literal tranlation and is therefor incorrect.

First lets look at the complete verse :

ਕਬੀਰ ਕੋਠੀ ਕਾਠ ਕੀ ਦਹ ਦਿਸਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਆਗਿ ॥ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਜਲਿ ਮੂਏ ਮੂਰਖ ਉਬਰੇ ਭਾਗਿ ॥੧੭੨॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1373}

Here Pandit does not mean Brahman(or a literate person), it actually means those people who think they are intelligent(and actually theya are dumb).

And Moorakhs means people whom these so-called intelligent people consider as fools( but they are actually wise).

The Gurbani verse means that this world is like a house of wood(Kothi Kaath ki) and "Dah Dis Laagee Aag" means its engulfed into fire from all directions.

Its a metaphorical language which says : People who under the influence of Maya which is like fire "Jaise agan Udar maih, Tasiee Bahar Maya"

Those are only involved in material pursuits are like people sitting in the house of wood which has caught fire.............. and still they thing they are intelligent............. And those who run away from maya( are in influenced) are the one's who are wise.

Thanks

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I know, I know, explorer ji!. The meaning and the entire shabad are very familiar to me. Somehow I always trigger a nerve. Maybe I should have taken the advice of Harpreetsingh and cut myself off at the pass. Forget I even brought it up. It is time for me to go.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Odd how the creative power at once
brings the whole universe to order.

- Virginia Woolfe -

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
who is Virginia Woolfe !! :)

Odd how the creative power at once
brings the whole universe to order.

Begum ji when was the last time you saw this happening !!

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
The torment of human frustration, whatever its immediate cause, is the knowledge that the self is in prison, its vital force and "mangled mind" leaking away in lonely, wasteful self-conflict.

- Elizabeth Drew -

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
holy **** !! now who is Elizabeth Drew, and what's wrong with her, why she writes like this, and why don't you write on your own... :)

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Explorer Jee!

Quote "As per Mahan Kosh, Jaljogan refers to the various lifeforms in the sea i.e Crocodile( MagarMachh), Tendua etc."
Thanks for the references. Knowing when Gurdev lived near sea full of dangerous life forms would be interesting. Perhaps research scholars may find more experiences from the Gurus based on Mahan Kosh or books from other Sikh writers.

Balbir Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: