• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is Detachment? Is It Misunderstood?

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Detachment is a poor comparative to the consummation of a marriage. Consummation of the bride and groom, in the merging and becoming one of the earthly soul and universal spirit are en entirely different theme issue.

Detachment pertains to mans disentanglement from worldly matter, whilst remaining integrated and fulfilling all his worldly obligations and responsibilities. It alludes to Ascetics, in its absolute form, but is encouraged as non dependence or reliance upon materialism and worldliness.

Man is a transitory and temporal being similar to the world and all who he has associations with. Man is born of the spirit and to the Supreme Holy Spirit he returns. Freedom and liberation from the chains of bondage to this world and mortal being is mans path in life. Free in Spirit is to be a singular and integral part of the world community, whilst remaining faithful to one’s own faith. Free in thinking is to have destroyed one’s own ego and self interest and to think with the God conscience and Consciousness. Whilst remaining true to oneself.

Detachment is to gain much wealth, success and prosperity, great name and acclaim, and ultimately to remain free of these false, transitory delusory illusion. Always remembering that life is but a breath, all are engrossed within their own lives and ultimately all will pass by in life as will we.

True detachment of mind from ego and self interest, which mars and distorts our opinions, and leads to falsehoods. Fear and ignorance cause a closed mindedness, wherein we defend or berate simply because it does not suit our intents and purposes than speak truth and be a truth and Sahej seeker, to admit humility.

Prospering in mind, body and Spirit, enjoying all the wonders and beauty of the world without becoming slavishly dependent upon this matter. To be able to do so is true freedom. Mans worth being the sum of his virtues, deeds and thoughts than his acquisitions.

Consummation is a term referred to in this context as a conjoining of one’s mortal heart, mind and soul with the universal Consciousness. It is vaguely similar but inappropriate in this comparison.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Read the Bani of Guru Amar Das again, veer ji -- Guru ji is the one who is making the comparison between the marriage of the soul bride and detachment. Without detachment there is no union, and without union there is no detachment.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲੀ ਸਹਜੇ ਤਪਤਿ ਬੁਝਾਈ ਰਾਮ ॥
anthar sabadh milee sehajae thapath bujhaaee raam ||
Within her heart, she is merged with the Shabad, and the fire of her desire is easily extinguished.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲੀ ਸਹਜੇ ਤਪਤਿ ਬੁਝਾਈ ਰਾਮ ॥
anthar sabadh milee sehajae thapath bujhaaee raam ||
Within her heart, she is merged with the Shabad, and the fire of her desire is easily extinguished.

And then to follow:

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਬੈਰਾਗੀਆ ਤੂੰ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਸੁ ਦਿਖਾਵਹਿ ॥
maerae man bairaageeaa thoon bairaag kar kis dhikhaavehi ||
O my detached mind, unto whom do you show your detachment?

ਹਰਿ ਸੋਹਿਲਾ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਸਦ ਸਦਾ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਹਿ ॥
har sohilaa thinh sadh sadhaa jo har gun gaavehi ||
Those who sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord live in the joy of the Lord, forever and ever

ਕਰਿ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਤੂੰ ਛੋਡਿ ਪਾਖੰਡੁ ਸੋ ਸਹੁ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਜਾਣਏ ॥
kar bairaag thoon shhodd paakhandd so sahu sabh kishh jaaneae ||
So become detached, and renounce hypocrisy; Your Husband Lord knows everything

It is not a matter of process -- give up desires and then find detachment. It is a matter of sincere simran and dhyanna.

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Jeeti Ki Johal ji

I knew that you would respond right away. This part I do agree

You misunderstand what I have written. One does not simply detach by command, but as a child learns to gradually stand and exist independent of its parent. Once man has mastered thinking freely, and gaining absolute control of his will, it sis then he is truly free and able to unite or merge with the Lord.

and probably did misunderstand you.

This part, I do not agree.

Simran, recitations, rituals or vows are not sincere detachment. If they were, the many broken bonds and vows made daily by individuals of religion and ordinate folk would not be broken so efficaciously and readily.

Simran is not necessarily in the same class as recitations, rituals or vows. And definitely rituals and vows will not get one there. Maybe babbling recitation of God's Name, yes, you are right. But I am not thinking of simran in that way. Simran can open one up to His presence. When it does, His detachment enters. And we agree, it is not a process of willing it to happen.

ਆਪਿ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ ਆਪੇ ਭੋਗੀ ॥੨॥
aap nirabaanee aapae bhogee ||2||
He Himself is in the detachment of Nirvaanaa, and He Himself is the Enjoyer. ||2||

Please say more in the thread. What you write is very interesting to me. I probably will not say much more about my personal understanding because it is not comfortable for me to discuss something this personal, but will continue to post Gurbani. The process is slow.

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Prayer and Simran are dense nutrition and nourishment for the heart mind and spirit when recited diligently and sincerely. Morning Simran is indeed likened to an internal shower and essential water therapy. I must needful apply my efforts with greater ardency toward Simran. Unfortunately I find it quite difficult to focus.

I once read that it is indeed the truly blessed who are able to meditate and pray, and I laughed, thinking that all are afforded opportunity to raise the Japji or Mool Mantra and recite hymnals. I now understand what I read to be correct.

Absolutisms although frowned upon by truth seekers, I feel are the ultimate goal and mark of success. To find the Absolute unshakeable, immoveable truth. To do so I would respectfully presume, one must be single-mindedly focused and resolute.

Each man has a greater self contained within The Supreme Spirit he aspires and strives toward. Life is indeed a truth seeking mission, the fortunate find truth and their liberty in life and are heralded as Jiwan Mukhats and others seek its bountiful virtue and honour is the gain as much as the heartfelt search.

Respectfully Yours,

Jeeti K. Johal.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
jeetijohal ji,

May I humbly comment on your views
Prayer and Simran are dense nutrition and nourishment for the heart mind and spirit when recited diligently and sincerely. Morning Simran is indeed likened to an internal shower and essential water therapy.[/FONT]
May I ask how do you know that especially when you admit it doesn’t work for you?[/FONT]
I must needful apply my efforts with greater ardency toward Simran. Unfortunately I find it quite difficult to focus.[/FONT]
Have you ever tried to find the reason behind that? May be solution can be found in your “found” answer.[/FONT]
I once read that it is indeed the truly blessed who are able to meditate and pray, and I laughed, thinking that all are afforded opportunity to raise the Japji or Mool Mantra and recite hymnals. I now understand what I read to be correct.[/FONT]
Definitely, others experience seems strange to those who miss what others have. I myself is on struggling path, glad to be on it.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Absolutisms although frowned upon by truth seekers, I feel are the ultimate goal and mark of success. To find the Absolute unshakeable, immoveable truth. To do so I would respectfully presume, one must be single-mindedly focused and resolute.[/FONT]
Very close but still sky needs to be clear to see the stars. Good luck [/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Pk70ji

What I understand from the comments of jeetijohal ji is only that he/she finds it hard to remain focused. And this is a common experience.

There are many theories about on the subject of how to focus, and whether having the experience of a completely absorbing focus is the correct expectation or not. Most of what I have read about this only makes things frustrating for people because an intellectual explanation is given for something that is not an intellectual process. We can read and talk all we want, and you have said this yourself in many a thread-- but reading and talking provides one perspective or explanation and all of that is the mind working.

The 'it" is something like this.

Absolutisms although frowned upon by truth seekers, I feel are the ultimate goal and mark of success. To find the Absolute unshakeable, immoveable truth. To do so I would respectfully presume, one must be single-mindedly focused and resolute.

I am going to take a risk and say this: When "it" happens it isn't because someone followed a set of directions. However, continued practice helps "it" continue for longer periods of time.

And actually, in the way this thread has unfolded for me, each day that I stay with a shabad for a while, what happens is that He takes one by surprise. All the Bani so far suggest that trying doesn't work.

Back to the spiritual metaphors

Page1383 Line 3 and 4 Raag Salok: Sekh Farid

ਕੇਲ ਕਰੇਦੇ ਹੰਝ ਨੋ ਅਚਿੰਤੇ ਬਾਜ ਪਏ ॥
kael karaedhae hanjh no achinthae baaj peae ||
While it is playing, a hawk suddenly pounces on it.

ਬਾਜ ਪਏ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਬ ਦੇ ਕੇਲਾਂ ਵਿਸਰੀਆਂ ॥
baaj peae this rab dhae kaelaan visareeaaan ||
When the Hawk of God attacks, playful sport is forgotten.

This conversation has been very helpful to me, and I hope it continues this way. Thanks to both of you. And maybe I am not making any sense at atll.

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Absolutism is the ultimate end and ideal. To gain the absolute Waheguru and the Supreme Spirit man is essentially required to be as absolutely and ardently faithful toward this cause to gain salvation.

PK70ji, has referred to intellectualism as not being the answer. My response is that absolute faith should be either empirical, learnt by his experiences; ie, the firm belief that man is but a beast without honour, morality, humanity and chastity of heart, mind and soul, or ingrained with nurturing, education and enlightenment.

What is intellectualism and Religion but the Science and path of knowledge and a search for truth. Why does man seek truth, to free his spirit from the chains of delusory attachment to transient and temporal worldly material.

How does one become an ascetic, of Holy Spirit, many books and discourses, some by good ordinary enlighted layman, others by men of learning who have devoted their entire lives toward the search for truth. A child is instilled with faith, until its mind functions, and it gains belief. The child matures and with life experience gains empirical proofs and worldly understanding. It is his perception and familiarity with his world that encourages the opening of his mind to the universe, whilst upholding a filter and guard against the negative forces of sinfulness and temptation that cause mans mind and heart to be distracted and led astray.

Indeed, mans acquired intelligence avails him not in his quest if he has gathered much intelligence but has little cohesive or cognisant understanding of correlation and interaction between all aspects of his knowledge, world, life and mind.

Sikhi encourages its followers to gain mastery of the will and mind. That is the objective. To have complete control of one’s actions, emotions and needs. Understand why man craves, behaves and thinks in the manner in which he does, be it positive or unsociable and on the path of self destruction. When a man is driven by an unknown will leading his mind then he is as a slave and captive to this will, an indeterminate unknown force, rarely holding his best long term interest first and foremost.

Whether it is the company of a guru, or the saintly or education, or the indoctrination and akal dispensed by wise and godly parent’s man, man’s life journey is to be intellectually, spiritually and emotionally liberated and free. It is then he is qualified and equipped to embark upon a journey to the Great Soul. Holding faith through fear of retribution, or social disgrace or peer pressure is not true goodness or faith, but a cage within which man is trapped. Man is enslaved at times by the ignorance of others but moreoften his own fear, ignorance and greed. Love and wisdom are the keys to freedom.

A hawk is an evil animal. It is synonymous with the crow, crowing and tormenting and eroding mans peace of mind. I do not know of any Gods hawk. The notion of Gobind Ji’s hawk screeching at any who near the truth and light bears some relevance, seems sinister and is contemptibly disputed by those who seek to guard Gods honour. Christianity states Stan stands precariously close to God, and Gobind Ji closets and hawk. I would dispute such an allegation. Wisdom, truth and akal are the key. Clay pigeon shooting will silence the crowing of the hawk efficaciously and expediently should it descend to torment or loot the noble.

Jeeti K Johal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikhi encourages its followers to gain mastery of the will and mind. That is the objective. To have complete control of one’s actions, emotions and needs. Understand why man craves, behaves and thinks in the manner in which he does, be it positive or unsociable and on the path of self destruction. When a man is driven by an unknown will leading his mind then he is as a slave and captive to this will, an indeterminate unknown force, rarely holding his best long term interest first and foremost.

Where in your opinion do these abilities come from? Do you believe they are the result of deliberate and self-willed resolve? Or do they arise in another way?

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Deliberate resolve. Indeed man must acknowledge what salvation and mukhti to seek the path to its door. He must understand what perfected spirit and mind is to attain the same. How can the spiritually blind man see, if he is not shown an image of the ultimate destination and a map to show the path to its heights.

Man indeed must recognise the Supreme Truth. It is not found in caves, in books, on pilgrimages, but rather it is within and about you. Truth lies within your family, friends and foes alike. Man is required to shed his ego, self interest, his fear of his own human frailty, of what lies beyond his mental armour and barricade.

He must seek the God consciousness, and to do so the ego, the cage which man facilitates to protect his interest from fear of others maligning him, or exposing what he fears to reveal. Once man has overcome these barriers to truth, he is then truly ready and armed to open his heart and mind to Nam, the true meaning of Truth and the word. He must therefore acknowledge his darkness and fear to conquer the same.
Indeed resolve is essential if not imperative. There are indeed noble and gracious souls so steeped in goodness, light and love that The Spirit itself seeks comfort and solace in the company of such venerable souls.

Respectfully

J K Johal

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Resolve, bhagti... Man is led to his ultimate goal and destination by an inner calling to aspire toward a greater state of being, a supreme and celestial light, a beckoning..

Man stumbles, suffers and seeks to absolve, flee, and free himself from the struggle of existence to the light of love and peace.

The first is a spiritual calling, a predestined journey mapped by his mind and hearts ultimate end. A troublesome notion that there is more in this world and life beyond our immediate perception, and our consciousness. The subconscious of man within his brain contains all truth. Mans conscious awareness aligned and with his supernatural supreme God consciousness, dhian.

Respectfully

Jeeti Kaur Johal.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Quote”What is intellectualism and Religion but the Science and path of knowledge and a search for truth. Why does man seek truth, to free his spirit from the chains of delusory attachment to transient and temporal worldly material.”[/FONT]

jeetikjohal ji,
Your views attract attention, I couldn’t resist commenting on some, wanted to do on both of your posts but time is not in my favor. Forgive me if I go over the board on your innocent statements.

Whether it is the company of a guru, or the saintly or education, or the indoctrination and akal dispensed by wise and godly parent’s man, man’s life journey is to be intellectually, spiritually and emotionally liberated and free.[/FONT]
Excellent idea. All the same, I wonder if that can be certain, Guru goes further to determine the out come of it because His ordinance is misunderstood quite often[/FONT]
[/FONT]
It is then he is qualified and equipped to embark upon a journey to the Great Soul. Holding faith through fear of retribution, or social disgrace or peer pressure is not true goodness or faith, but a cage within which man is trapped. Man is enslaved at times by the ignorance of others but moreoften his own fear, ignorance and greed. Love and wisdom are the keys to freedom.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Surprisinglythe source is only one , love and wisdom can only be helpful.[/FONT]

A hawk is an evil animal. It is synonymous with the crow, crowing and tormenting and eroding mans peace of mind. I do not know of any Gods hawk. The notion of Gobind Ji’s hawk screeching at any who near the truth and light bears some relevance, seems sinister and is contemptibly disputed by those who seek to guard Gods honour.[/FONT]
Kindly never believe in hear say, symbols can convey more strongly than appearance, remember that.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Christianity states Stan stands precariously close to God, and Gobind Ji closets and hawk. I would dispute such an allegation. Wisdom, truth and akal are the key. Clay pigeon shooting will silence the crowing of the hawk efficaciously and expediently should it descend to torment or loot the noble. Jeeti k johal what detach[/FONT]
[/FONT]
eliberate resolve. Indeed man must acknowledge what salvation and mukhti to seek the path to its door. He must understand what perfected spirit and mind is to attain the same. How can the spiritually blind man see, if he is not shown an image of the ultimate destination and a map to show the path to its heights.[/FONT]
I concur; however, even after having shown map with directions, spiritual blind person is conditioned to walk on a path he/she has chosen on the basis of crowd mentality. Water goes in only if pot is not covered.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Quote jeeti k Johal "Man indeed must recognise the Supreme Truth. It is not found in caves, in books, on pilgrimages, but rather it is within and about you.[/FONT]
Jeeti k Johal ji
[/FONT]

Beautiful views, Guru Nanak addresses on it directly without taking help of any abstract statements. What is within, one need to dissect that thing in detail to find out why Supreme Truth is hidden. If that is done, next level is very laborious, it is to eliminate all in the way systematically by sacrificing all once adored to death.. Otherwise statements about Supreme Turth become merely enjoyable to read or state. The paragon of deciphering the mystery is loudly expressed in Guru Granth sahib repeatedly. Is any one listening?[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Sacrifice and abstinence are misleading terms. If man feels he is denied in some way, something he is needful and wanting and attributes this abstaining as a sacrifice to God, it is delusional and lacks the understanding of the dedication of devotional obescience .

Liken it to a relative visiting upon you and expressing the wish that they would have preferred to visit the folks next door but felt obliged to visit you, as ‘sacrifice’ or a misplaced sacrificial gesture. You would be insulted, show them to the door and politely request they never darken the same in that manner.

All meditation, path seeking and spiritual fortification can only benefit man. If man begrudgingly refers to his own salvation as sacrificial to God he is confused and delusional. All works in life, family, friends, socialising, and acts of charity are enacted with Love and a sincere wish to contribute ones time and efforts toward the betterment of the world about you and at large. Sacrifice therefore is a misleading and inappropriate word.

It is mans journey, to enhance and liberate man, in order for mans spiritual enrichment. All mans enterprises in life should always be applied and embarked upon with love, sincere and devout endeavour. Without love tasks generally become sacrifices of our time and energy, obligatory and laborious. Executed with love they accord respect and dignity to the recipient equally as the benefactor.

Jeeti K Johal

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
A porous clay pot absorbs water via its porous channels, whilst simultaneously excluding harmful moisture detriment to the contents contained therein.

‘’What is the incoherent babbling of water entering uncovered pots.’’

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
The spiritually blind person has not ‘chosen’ the path PK70. Rather spiritual blindness and ignorance is a malady man is afflicted by, requiring cure and remedy. Enlightenment is a path man chooses, at a time in his life, whereat he has either a calling to a higher purpose or destiny, or his emotional maturity and empirical knowledge compels him to seek the origin of his creation. That is a choice. Foolishness and ignorance are rarely informed choices.

mkm

SPNer
Mar 1, 2008
"Sacrifice therefore is a misleading and inappropriate word." by jeeti johal
I dont take sacrifice as you have taken. When Guru ji indicates about it, just it is like considering it useless on chosen journey. It misleads to those who go by parts of revealed truth.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Perspective of Guru Arjan Dev ji. On Ang 1150 he tells us:

ਆਪਿ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ ਆਪੇ ਭੋਗੀ ॥੨॥
aap nirabaanee aapae bhogee ||2||
He Himself is in the detachment of Nirvaanaa, and He Himself is the Enjoyer. ||2|

His shabad tells us the way to His Supreme Truth

ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
bhairo mehalaa 5 ||
Bhairao, Fifth Mehl:

ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਰਾਤਾ ਰਾਮ ਰੰਗਿ ਚਰਣੇ ॥
man than raathaa raam rang charanae ||
My mind and body are imbued with the Love of the Lord's Feet.

ਸਰਬ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰਨ ਕਰਣੇ ॥
sarab manorathh pooran karanae ||
All the desires of my mind have been perfectly fulfilled.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਗਾਵਤ ਭਗਵੰਤੁ ॥
aath pehar gaavath bhagavanth ||
Twenty-four hours a day, I sing of the Lord God.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਨੋ ਪੂਰਾ ਮੰਤੁ ॥੧॥
sathigur dheeno pooraa manth ||1||
The True Guru has imparted this perfect wisdom. ||1||

ਸੋ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਜਿਸੁ ਨਾਮਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
so vaddabhaagee jis naam piaar ||
Very fortunate are those who love the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

ਤਿਸ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਤਰੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
this kai sang tharai sansaar ||1|| rehaao ||
Associating with them, we cross over the world-ocean. ||1||Pause||

ਸੋਈ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਜਿ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਏਕ ॥
soee giaanee j simarai eaek ||
They are spiritual teachers, who meditate in remembrance on the One Lord.

ਸੋ ਧਨਵੰਤਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਬੁਧਿ ਬਿਬੇਕ ॥
so dhhanavanthaa jis budhh bibaek ||
Wealthy are those who have a discriminating intellect.

ਸੋ ਕੁਲਵੰਤਾ ਜਿ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਸੁਆਮੀ ॥
so kulavanthaa j simarai suaamee ||
Noble are those who remember their Lord and Master in meditation.

ਸੋ ਪਤਿਵੰਤਾ ਜਿ ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾਨੀ ॥੨॥
so pathivanthaa j aap pashhaanee ||2||
Honorable are those who understand their own selves. ||2||

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਪਰਮ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
gur parasaadh param padh paaeiaa ||
By Guru's Grace, I have obtained the supreme status.

ਗੁਣ ਗਪਾਲ ਦਿਨੁ ਰੈਨਿ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥
gun guopaal dhin rain dhhiaaeiaa ||
Day and night I meditate on the Glories of God.

ਤੂਟੇ ਬੰਧਨ ਪੂਰਨ ਆਸਾ ॥
thoottae bandhhan pooran aasaa ||
My bonds are broken, and my hopes are fulfilled.

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਚਰਣ ਰਿਦ ਮਾਹਿ ਨਿਵਾਸਾ ॥੩॥

har kae charan ridh maahi nivaasaa ||3||
The Feet of the Lord now abide in my heart. ||3||

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਪੂਰਨ ਕਰਮਾ ॥

kahu naanak jaa kae pooran karamaa ||
Says Nanak, one whose karma is perfect

ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਆਇਆ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਸਰਨਾ ॥
so jan aaeiaa prabh kee saranaa ||
that humble being enters the Sanctuary of God.

ਆਪਿ ਪਵਿਤੁ ਪਾਵਨ ਸਭਿ ਕੀਨੇ ॥
aap pavith paavan sabh keenae ||
He himself is pure, and he sanctifies all.

ਰਾਮ ਰਸਾਇਣੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਚੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੇ ॥੪॥੩੫॥੪੮॥
raam rasaaein rasanaa cheenhae ||4||35||48||
His tongue chants the Name of the Lord, the Source of Nectar. ||4||35||48|

I think that Guru Arjan Dev ji is saying that when we are body and mind imbued with the love of God, then we are fulfilled.

ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਰਾਤਾ ਰਾਮ ਰੰਗਿ ਚਰਣੇ ॥ man than raathaa raam rang charanae || My mind and body are imbued with the Love of the Lord's Feet. ਸਰਬ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰਨ ਕਰਣੇ ॥ sarab manorathh pooran karanae || All the desires of my mind have been perfectly fulfilled.

We are satisfied. And when we are satisfied, then all our desires and all our anxieties fall away.

ਤੂਟੇ ਬੰਧਨ ਪੂਰਨ ਆਸਾ ॥
thoottae bandhhan pooran aasaa ||My bonds are broken, and my hopes are fulfilled.

And according to his will, we give up attachment and we achieve the status of union with Him.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਪਰਮ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥ gur parasaadh param padh paaeiaa || By Guru's Grace, I have obtained the supreme status.

He is the detachment of Nirvana. When we are imbued with Him, He enjoys us and we obtain the supreme status.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM