• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is Anhaad Naad?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
harmanpreet singh ji,

Guru fateh.

It is disheartening to notice that you have not done what I requested you to do, which is to read the whole thread in order to find out the answer to your question. This is the duty of every Sikh. Perhaps you missed this comment. Read the post below and check in the preceding posts what I was talking about 9 doors and how I explained later on to Lucky Singh ji. And what is Chaz Singh ji's response. You may have to go through different posts. It is quite nitidly mentioned there.

I am not surprised that Chaz Singh ji is going to deny things when confronted about his posts for the reasons only known to him. You can ask him for that when he is 'paying attention' to the queries. I am using his words.

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-youth/42541-what-is-anhaad-naad-14.html#post199667

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Respected Tejwant ji,

This is really getting silly here.

in your previous post you said

You mean you can control your tears, your sniffling when you have the flu, you do not have to empty your bladder when you have to pee or control yourself when the nature calls so you do not have to go?
And then you said to respected Harmanpreet Ji
I am quoting his words.
referring to my words

I have read what you are referring to...please ji...i ask you again...where are my quotes that you are referring to? where i state that we can control tears...or the sniffing when you we have a flue, or not having to empty my bladder when i need a pee...

please show me where i 'quoted' this. :)
harmanpreet ji is correct, you have read what i have written and assumed that's what i implied..which is fine..but to say this is what i quoted?

Tejwant Ji, you, me and everyone already know that no one can control these things...they are part of our God Given nature..

but for brief moments if we take away our attention from them we may be able to not need to instantly wipe our tears, or instantly wipe our nose, or instantly have to go to the toilet....

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

have you never been sat in a car and requiring to go to the toilet for a Pee, but there is no toilet or safe place to stop? if you sit in the car with your full attention / dyaan and thoughts on your need to Pee, it will burst out in your trousers....so what do you do? you do what you can not to think about it...you put your attention elsewhere until you can Pee somewhere?

Have you not been sleeping whilst being ill...why do the symptoms seem less strong of the illness when you are finally sleeping and dreaming...BECAUSE YOUR ATTENTION IS ON YOUR DREAM :) lol
it doesnt mean because of my attention i have controlled my illness or instantly stopped it, or prevented nature taking it's course...

please please for the sake of this thread moving forward, say you understand this :)

no one is saying they can stop natural processes that occur in nature or in the body. :)

this reply is Written in a humorous way, no ill feeling before i get accused of this by someone

God Bless

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Lucky Singh ji asked the following:

My response:

Lucky Ji,

Guru Fateh.

Sorry to disappoint you but I am not going to do seeking of Gurmat values on your behalf. It is your duty for your own Sikhi path.

Secondly, you can not find the verbatim of my post there but the message and the gist is quite clear.

As you insist again:

Please explain the meaning for the first line of Sidh Gosht and I would urge you to ignore the English translation which I have said many times that it is misleading. I use Prof Sahib Singh's and other scholars' references even Maskeen ji's to come to my own understanding of the message. At times I also disagree with them which I have showed in this very thread about the first Pauri of Jap.

But before you do that, please research what the meaning of Sidh Gosht is, why Guru Nanak had to go to the Sidhs, where Guru Nanak met these sadhus and what they were doing. After and what kind of interaction took place. It is all in front of your eyes.

For you information, this point is mentioned several times in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru in different manners, thanks to the wordsmith-ship of our visionary Gurus.

Will wait for your understanding of all the queries asked. We can all educate ourselves in this manner.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Respected Tejwant ji,

i may not be understanding Sidh Gosht correctly but the gist i get from Guru Ji's interaction, is that:

The Sidhs have GONE into the jungles/mountains to meditate (get piece and quite so they don;t get distracted...

I cannot find anywhere where it implies they are meditating to get away from the world...

The above two things are at complete opposite ends...

escaping from daily life to meditate is different to meditating to escape from daily life.

for example..
-i am studying for an exam...i will go into a quite room (library) to study so i am away from distraction (daily life)
- but that does not mean that i am studying to get away from daily life..

either way we know guru ji says in Gurbani we can do/achieve everything whilst amongst family/friends and society...and we don not need to run away from our lives...which is correct

Maybe i am wrong, but this is what i see in the interactions..

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Chaz Singh ji, Sherdil ji, Harmanpreet Singh ji, LuckySingh ji, thank you for your dialog in this thread. I find lot of negative energy in some of the posts, very sad. Only if such energy was spent positively to even translate two or three shabads with one's own understanding, it would have been energy better spent.

Nobody can demand anyone to do anything or keep repeating if someone does not do. No one is judge of their own posts. It is the people who read the posts. So let us stop gregarious, written wordy diarrhea in this thread. If our Guru ji took this approach to share, guess where Sikhism would have been! To refer to Sidh Gosht and doing the style of some of the posts is like unlearning whatever you may have learnt through Sidh Gosht. At least that is what I feel and think. I don't claim to be right and if someone wants me to engage in any bickering I would resist.

Let us all continuously raise our level of understanding higher and don't look down upon others.

Sat Sri Akal.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Respected Tejwant ji,

This is really getting silly here.

in your previous post you said

And then you said to respected Harmanpreet Ji
referring to my words

I have read what you are referring to...please ji...i ask you again...where are my quotes that you are referring to? where i state that we can control tears...or the sniffing when you we have a flue, or not having to empty my bladder when i need a pee...

please show me where i 'quoted' this. :)
harmanpreet ji is correct, you have read what i have written and assumed that's what i implied..which is fine..but to say this is what i quoted?

Tejwant Ji, you, me and everyone already know that no one can control these things...they are part of our God Given nature..

but for brief moments if we take away our attention from them we may be able to not need to instantly wipe our tears, or instantly wipe our nose, or instantly have to go to the toilet....

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

have you never been sat in a car and requiring to go to the toilet for a Pee, but there is no toilet or safe place to stop? if you sit in the car with your full attention / dyaan and thoughts on your need to Pee, it will burst out in your trousers....so what do you do? you do what you can not to think about it...you put your attention elsewhere until you can Pee somewhere?

Have you not been sleeping whilst being ill...why do the symptoms seem less strong of the illness when you are finally sleeping and dreaming...BECAUSE YOUR ATTENTION IS ON YOUR DREAM :) lol
it doesnt mean because of my attention i have controlled my illness or instantly stopped it, or prevented nature taking it's course...

please please for the sake of this thread moving forward, say you understand this :)

no one is saying they can stop natural processes that occur in nature or in the body. :)

this reply is Written in a humorous way, no ill feeling before i get accused of this by someone

God Bless

Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

It is getting silly here, thanks to your denial. It seems you forgot to read your own post above. I will give you another chance. Here it is part of it to my post to Lucky Singh ji.

Tejwant Ji,

Sometimes i wonder why you take time to respond with such remarks...

See you assumption here without even checking or understanding what is being discussed. Check it out please. And in the above post, you have gone 360 degrees rather than having the Gurmat wisdom to admit what your wrote which is here for all to see.

God gave you the power of 'ATTENTION', the most powerful thing...its so amazing.

in the Same way you can move your attention from the 9 doors and focus your attention within....

Which nine doors are you talking about, the same ones I was discussing with Lucky Singh ji or are they totally different? Let's be honest here. I know it is the same ones and now your change of stance here with your :). no one is saying they can stop natural processes that occur in nature or in the body. :)
Yes, it is getting silly indeed. :)

Yes, you said that but too afraid to admit for the reasons only known to you.

Here is your own post. decide for yourself. the 9 doors are the ones through which we shed tears, sniffle when we have the flu or not, empty our bladder when we have to pee or control ourselves when the nature calls so we do not have to go according to your post because, your words- "God gave you the power of 'ATTENTION', the most powerful thing...its so amazing".

This will be my last post to you on this subject. Next time, please make an effort and admit when you say things rather than living in denial.

Enjoy your journey.

Tejwant Singh

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz Singh ji, Sherdil ji, Harmanpreet Singh ji, LuckySingh ji, thank you for your dialog in this thread. I find lot of negative energy in some of the posts, very sad. Only if such energy was spent positively to even translate two or three shabads with one's own understanding, it would have been energy better spent.

Nobody can demand anyone to do anything or keep repeating if someone does not do. No one is judge of their own posts. It is the people who read the posts. So let us stop gregarious, written wordy diarrhea in this thread. If our Guru ji took this approach to share, guess where Sikhism would have been! To refer to Sidh Gosht and doing the style of some of the posts is like unlearning whatever you may have learnt through Sidh Gosht. At least that is what I feel and think. I don't claim to be right and if someone wants me to engage in any bickering I would resist.

Let us all continuously raise our level of understanding higher and don't look down upon others.

Sat Sri Akal.

thank you ji,

Lets move forward with the discussion..
there was no negative energy from my part but i do understand my style of writing can come across that way sometimes...thats something i need to work on...and i really should spend more time to re-read what i write sometimes.

sorry to the sangat

God bless

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

It is getting silly here, thanks to your denial. It seems you forgot to read your own post above. I will give you another chance. Here it is part of it to my post to Lucky Singh ji.

Tejwant Ji,

See you assumption here without even checking or understanding what is being discussed. Check it out please. And in the above post, you have gone 360 degrees rather than having the Gurmat wisdom to admit what your wrote which is here for all to see.

Which nine doors are you talking about, the same ones I was discussing with Lucky Singh ji or are they totally different? Let's be honest here. I know it is the same ones and now your change of stance here with your :). no one is saying they can stop natural processes that occur in nature or in the body. :)
Yes, it is getting silly indeed. :)

Yes, you said that but too afraid to admit for the reasons only known to you.

Here is your own post. decide for yourself. the 9 doors are the ones through which we shed tears, sniffle when we have the flu or not, empty our bladder when we have to pee or control ourselves when the nature calls so we do not have to go according to your post because, your words- "God gave you the power of 'ATTENTION', the most powerful thing...its so amazing".

This will be my last post to you on this subject. Next time, please make an effort and admit when you say things rather than living in denial.

Enjoy your journey.

Tejwant Singh

God Bless Ji

enjoy ur journey also...all in one, and one in all ji

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Originally Posted by LuckySingh
What did Kabirji do that was different to still his mind.
What do you think he used ?
Sherdil reply
He changed his soch (thinking), thought process. He obtained this gyaan and maintained this focus (dhiaan). This takes effort to do throughout the day. This can be considered a continuous meditation. Anhaad Naad therefore vibrates night and day, not just during the time you personally set aside for your type of meditation.

He learnt how to close the doors/holes that let the vices sneak through.
This shabad doesn't specify how, but many other Kabir shabads talk about his simran and going within.
You mentioned he obtained the gyan- this is the outer gyan that you gain by LEARNING... The learning tells you the 'what' and the 'how'.
The REALIZATION happens within, after the outer gyan. BUT.. then also comes the Inner gyan or divine knowledge that reveals the TRUTH.

LEARNING is done outwardly,or outside the box!
REALIZATION happens within, when you go antarghat and deep within your Mind and soul.
Maintaing your dhyan to realise does not take effort but it happens spontaneously and this becomes an effortless continuous meditation. But in early stages you have to make serious effort to settle and purify your mind and Guru Nanak ji in SIDH GOSHT says that it is like chewing iron.

Anhad naad as you mention happens ALL the time 24/7 and it has done ''Aad Jugadh'
But yes, in early stages people only get the connection at times of simran.

The mind steps through a hole ?
Do you think there is a reason why the term deer is used ?

Sherdil reply..
Lol. The mind doesn't literally step through a hole. It is alluding to the tenth gate, which isn't really a gate. It's a state of mind. The deer runs about here and there. Again another reference to the wandering mind, which has been brought under control.

Now we are saying that the 'unstruck sound current'' only sounds when the doors are closed off.
Do you have to learn to go beyond your senses... or is it more about ''ATTENTION"" as Chazji mentioned earlier ?
Sherdil reply
YES. Attention is a good word to use. It takes effort to go beyond sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing. These senses paint the illusion before you. To understand the true essence of reality and who you are you have to use the figurative "tenth gate", and maintain that focus throughout the day.

What do you think the pitcher is ?.... and why would he have to ''spill it'' to empty out water.. ''Then this knocked out water merges with Ocean''.....Makes no sense !!
.....Why would gurbani tell you to tumble out a property(soul/consciousness) that is something of high regard ??....doesn't make sense !

Sherdil reply
Lucky ji, I explained what the pitcher is in the very quote you are responding to. The pitcher is the body. It contains the droplets from the ocean. The ocean is the source of all consciousness. One can call it universal consciousness. We are not literally spilling anything. It is a figurative reference to overcoming Haumai (I am). By spilling the pitcher, the droplets return to the ocean. They are no longer droplets, but become the ocean itself.

Thank you for answering the above questions.
I know they were direct and sharp....but you answered them calmly which shows your confidence and faith in gurbani.
None us can say who is right or wrong... but I always look for some contradictions when i'm interpreting... and if there is any or any sort of doubt.... then I know I'm wrong..
My questions above were actually to help notice any contradictions.. because my take is slightly different to yours.... but the end result could be more or less similar..

Pitcher=body
Jal= maya world ocean..
Deer= vices, vikaars
Hole= of the 9 doors
Lotus= Pure atma/soul/paramatma within us.

I'm not going to give an explanation of the whole shabad here, because it will be off topic.
I do have one in my notes, and I may decide to post it as a new topic at some time.

Thank you again for making a genuine and sincere effort to answer my poking questions, unlike others that refuse to respond sensibly.

:)

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Lucky Ji,

Guru Fateh.

Sorry to disappoint you but I am not going to do seeking of Gurmat values on your behalf. It is your duty for your own Sikhi path.

Secondly, you can not find the verbatim of my post there but the message and the gist is quite clear.

Just means you are refusing to explain your comment..
...I don't have a problem with that, but why insist on other members responding to yourself ?..
.......I don't need an answer... I'm making yourself a point !

As you insist again:

Please explain the meaning for the first line of Sidh Gosht and I would urge you to ignore the English translation which I have said many times that it is misleading. I use Prof Sahib Singh's and other scholars' references even Maskeen ji's to come to my own understanding of the message. At times I also disagree with them which I have showed in this very thread about the first Pauri of Jap.

But before you do that, please research what the meaning of Sidh Gosht is, why Guru Nanak had to go to the Sidhs, where Guru Nanak met these sadhus and what they were doing. After and what kind of interaction took place. It is all in front of your eyes.
well my answer to that is... I have studied it and I have my understanding. I am not showing ignorance or taking anyone around in circles am I ?

For you information, this point is mentioned several times in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru in different manners, thanks to the wordsmith-ship of our visionary Gurus.
Really ?????

Sikhi is supposed to be about LEARNING........we are all supposed to be in the same CLASSROOM.
However, looking through the posts and interactions on this thread.....anyone out there would call this a bloody COURTROOM not a CLASSROOM !

''This will be my last post to you on this subject. Next time, please make an effort and admit when you say things rather than living in denial.''

Those are your words above, your honor.
I would ask, your honor most respectfully, permission to use the above statement to end this post.:eek:range-pargi:
I have no further questions.

Thank you

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver

Sat Sri Akal.

The best thing I've read all day !:yellow-pargi:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Anhad Infinite Without Boundaries
Naad Striking expression by way of Sound

One Learns or Seeks by

Virtue of experience by five sense organs.

When the Sensories strikes with external source i.e visual vocal smell touch taste etc.

Human Seek or Learn through the striking sense and mind stores the perception which makes thinking.

Is there any other way of getting learn. Or Evoke learning.

Development of imaginative sense through sensories is way of learning.

But re search is way of searching which is already there.

So re search process is like re connecting which is already present but hidden or like it is existing but lost awareness.

When seekers can retrieve or search without actually evoking the sense organs and find the search within, when one gets connected to infinity.

That is Anhad and can make expression of events, and make sound expressions through inner experience.

Waheguru Ji Ki Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Learning /Seeking by sense organs is limited in human life. But inside there are infinite terabytes to read and comprehend as shabad, there is intuition and so in tutor also as a guiding force in our lives.
Evoking the imaginative sense and getting inner narrative and TRUTH beyond our physical sense awareness.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Focus is on Shabad Anhad Naad
Hadd Finite with Boundary Measurable

Anhad Infinite
Naad Neurobytes Cellular Information Expression as Sound

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Ki Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: