• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Goes Around Comes Around

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
Sat Sri Akal

Was reading the story on this site titled "What goes around comes back".
The story related to someone who had done a good deed.

What about when someone does a bad deed. Does that come back to you?

----------------------------------------

Jul 10, 2006
Sat Sri Akal

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh

Interestingly, a brief episode is mentioned in the autobiograpy of Bhai Randhir Singh. This mentions of an event in his past life which he knew he had to repay whilst he was imprisoned in the present life.

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
WJKK WJKF

Interestingly, a brief episode is mentioned in the autobiograpy of Bhai Randhir Singh. This mentions of an event in his past life which he knew he had to repay whilst he was imprisoned in the present life.

Thanks for that. I will try to get hold of the autobiography.

So am I right in assuming that if we do wrong in this life, we will pay for it in our next? For example (and this is only an example) I treat my dad like absolute s**t, disrespect him....is this because he's being punished for what he has done in his past life or will this come back to me when I have children?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2006
WJKK WJKF

Thanks for that. I will try to get hold of the autobiography.

So am I right in assuming that if we do wrong in this life, we will pay for it in our next? For example (and this is only an example) I treat my dad like absolute s**t, disrespect him....is this because he's being punished for what he has done in his past life or will this come back to me when I have children?

Could be :}{}{}:. But as you have realised that its not a good thing to do, you should therefore stop the "cycle" of events from occuring. Well thats just my thoughts anyways.

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
Could be :}{}{}:. But as you have realised that its not a good thing to do, you should therefore stop the "cycle" of events from occuring. Well thats just my thoughts anyways.

You're right though. Behaviour breeds behaviours. If I had seen my dad disrespect his dad, I may have seen this as normal and as you said the cycle begins.

Thanks for your input hon. :thumbup:

Veeru

SPNer
Jun 27, 2004
Mkaur, How old are you again? It's about time that you take some responsibility. Are you living with your dad? If so, he doesn't deserve to be disrespected. If your dad wants, he can kick you out any time. I am pretty sure he isn't doing so because of Indian cultural values. If he were a Western dad, he would have done so by now.

Just because you treat him badly, it doesn't mean he has done something bad. It could mean that you are starting the cycle for yourself.

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
Mkaur, How old are you again? It's about time that you take some responsibility. Are you living with your dad? If so, he doesn't deserve to be disrespected. If your dad wants, he can kick you out any time. I am pretty sure he isn't doing so because of Indian cultural values. If he were a Western dad, he would have done so by now.

Just because you treat him badly, it doesn't mean he has done something bad. It could mean that you are starting the cycle for yourself.

WJKK WJKF PCJS

May I suggest you read my post again before you start flying off the handle.

What I wrote down was used as an example, but I should have realised there is going to be someone who interprets in the wrong way. :}--}:

I am 25 years old and I know my responsibilities very well. Thank you very much. I do not live with my dad, because I am married. I have never and will never disrepect my dad. After my mum's death when I was 3, my dad is the one who brought me up and my love for dad combines the love for my mum as well.

Also I would like to say that respect works both ways...

MKAUR1981

SPNer
Aug 24, 2006
Sat Sri Akal PCJS.

I may have my faults but one thing I have been taught by my dad is to respect your elders and show love to those younger than you.

If your dad wants, he can kick you out any time. I am pretty sure he isn't doing so because of Indian cultural values. If he were a Western dad, he would have done so by now.

As for disrespecting my dad, no he wouldn't kicked me out..you're right....but I'm sure he would have given me a tappar. :8-:)

chk1

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
What Goes Around Comes Around:

This applies to both GOOD AND BAD Behaviours
This is because we are all ONE and we are all part of Waheguru and what we cause one person to experience we too experience due to this fact that we are not seperate from each other.

I hope this can help clarify your thoughts

ekaur

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
Sat Sri Akal

i think u shdn't think about what he done in his past :advocate: or whats comin to back to you in future. juss do gud deeds n dont expect result thts the only way u can expect somethin gud in ur life otherwise u no:rofl!!:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM