• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure What Do The Five Thieves Steal?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
hahahah very good brother, but I do not consider them my enemies, they are part of me, I am not prepared to go on a mental battle with them when I could be using the time much more wisely.

Neither of us is going to win this one brother, I respect your views for you though, enjoy the battle, I hope you do not lose your head in the process......

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Veera they are always described as not being good for you, even though they want to reside with you, you don't need them,for example what would a little greed be good for, so you could commit a small theft instead of an international fraud?
Quote Ambarsaria Ji,I am trying to understand if the following would classify as small or big "greed"
They say there is no end to the greed one can display, 'but left to my own devices I probably would...'
keep eating when my stomach is full and not leave enough for others to eat or fill my tank when I didn't need it
<B><FONT face=Verdana>Selfishness is pocket size display of greed.<!--?"urn:
--><
I have a house but opt to buy a bigger house beyond my needs because I won a lottery (I wish) versus giving

I would probably buy a 60 inch plasma display to put in the house.
A man has a wife, but the group allows him to have four. Is he lucky or greedy or neither and just immoral.
He is very lucky as the group could have allowed ten.
We can go through above four and then pose more as there is no end in sight. Greed will be defined by the perpetrator
Greed has been defined by the Guru as being a dog.
who may or may not recognize it as such or the moral police (Greed Detection Section).
G.D.S. in a Saint is like Interpol , G.D.S. in a sinner is like Punjabi police.

Picture shows early Synonyms clay tablet

Attachments

• 410px-Library_of_Ashurbanipal_synonym_list_tablet.jpg
    410px-Library_of_Ashurbanipal_synonym_list_tablet.jpg
    89.5 KB · Reads: 222
Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veera they are always described as not being good for you, even though they want to reside with you, you don't need them,for example what would a little greed be good for, so you could commit a small theft instead of an international fraud?
Veer may be we can define a bit what we (you) are trying to eliminate. Let us take the one you referred to above. Namely, the evil of greed.

I am trying to understand if the following would classify as small or big "greed" :motherlylove: whislingmunda,

• I keep eating when my stomach is full and don't leave enough for others to eat
  • Local gas station is having a Gas/Petrol sale and there lines of motorists. The station is going to run out of Gas but I fill my tank full regardless and don't concern with others and I have no plans to drive the car immediately.
  • I have a house but opt to buy a bigger house beyond my needs because I won a lottery (I wish) versus giving or using the lottery money for more needy.
  • A man has a wife, but the group allows him to have four. Is he lucky or greedy or neither and just immoral.
We can go through above four and then pose more as there is no end in sight. Greed will be defined by the perpetrator who may or may not recognize it as such or the moral police (Greed Detection Section).

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sinner veer ji comment on the following,
We can go through above four and then pose more as there is no end in sight. Greed will be defined by the perpetrator
Greed has been defined by the Guru.

Teaching on how to handle greed but not every example or description of greed. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is not a dictionary or a book of synonyms.

who may or may not recognize it as such or the moral police (Greed Detection Section).
G.D.S. in a Saint is like Interpol , G.D.S. in a sinner is like Punjabi police.

What does G.D.S. stand for!

Punjab (what is Punjabi police!) Police we all know and they do work with Interpol I assume.
Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Veera they are always described as not being good for you, even though they want to reside with you, you don't need them,for example what would a little greed be good for, so you could commit a small theft instead of an international fraud?In small amounts, eating that last portion of cake may make you happy, of course it is greed, but it also means you are still human, part of the earth, part of creation, you still have desires, needs, and rather that spend your time battling them and controlling them and wrestling them to the floor, have a bit of cake and move on, because you have a small amount of greed, you also need some discipline, and the desire for balance
I am trying to understand if the following would classify as small or big "greed"
They say there is no end to the greed one can display, 'but left to my own devices I probably would……………'
keep eating when my stomach is full and not leave enough for others to eat or fill my tank when I didn't need it This is greed gone beyond the balance that I consider healthy

<FONT face=Verdana>Selfishness is pocket size display of greed.<?"urn:
FONT><B><FONT face=

• I propose renaming this to the Greed Balancing Section............

icecreamkudi

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Ambarsaria Ji quote 'What does G.D.S. stand for!'
Sorry it took me a while to answer Ji as I was trying to sort out things with the Cardinal, it stands for Greed Destruction System:interestedsingh:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: