• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Are The Attributes Of Dhur Kee Baanee?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all!

Does Dhur Kee Baanee occurs once or it repeats also?

I hope all Sikhs know Dhur Kee Baanee and will express their valuable experiences. Thanks.

Balbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Balbir ji

It only comes up once. I just checked thoroughly.

Page628 Line 2 Raag Sorith: Guru Arjan Dev

ਧੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਆਈ ॥
dhhur kee baanee aaee ||
The Bani of His Word emanated from the Primal Lord.

Note: I am recusing myself as moderator on this thread so that I can participate in a discussion of your ideas. :)

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Aad0002 Jee!

Quote "It only comes up once. I just checked thoroughly."
My curiosity is not to know if Gurdev wrote this Vaak more than once.

Thanks for referring Gurdev's Vaak.

ਧੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਆਈ ॥
dhhur kee baanee aaee ||

Does the above Vaak confirms that The Bani of His Word emanated from the Primal Lord once? What are your experiences about Dhur Kee Baanee?

Balbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Quote "It only comes up once. I just checked thoroughly."
My curiosity is not to know if Gurdev wrote this Vaak more than once.

Thanks for referring Gurdev's Vaak.

ਧੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਆਈ ॥
dhhur kee baanee aaee ||

Does the above Vaak confirms that The Bani of His Word emanated from the Primal Lord once? What are your experiences about Dhur Kee Baanee?

Balbir Singh

Balbir ji

Sometimes it is hard for me to know what you are asking? Thanks for rephrasing the question. It helps when you do that.

My opinion. the Lord is Eternal, Continuous, Pervasive, Infinite, Immeasurable. I do not know if He uttered His Shabad only once. He knows. But His Shabad is also Eternal, Continuous, Pervasive, Infinite and Immeasurable -- so it cannot be counted as one or more than one. One has only to hear this eternal and true Shabad once, and then it is an eternal gift that cannot be counted.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany

Quote "My opinion. the Lord is Eternal, Continuous, Pervasive, Infinite, Immeasurable."
Why many have opinions about Lord? Do opinions remain after experiencing HIM?

Quote "I do not know if He uttered His Shabad only once."
What preachers mean when they refer Dhur Kee Baanee? Do they know it or not?

Quote "He knows."
Some people love to claim that He knows?

Quote "But His Shabad is also Eternal, Continuous, Pervasive, Infinite and Immeasurable -- so it cannot be counted as one or more than one."
We are talking about Dhur Kee Baanee. Guru Arjan Dev Jee uses this expression. Did Gurdev talk about His Sabad or Sabads from all the Gurus while using words 'Dhur Kee Baanee'?

Quote "One has only to hear this eternal and true Shabad once, and then it is an eternal gift that cannot be counted."
May I ask what are Baabaas and preachers asking people to repeat then whole life? Is it the printed matter?

Balbir Singh

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Dear Balbir ji, I cannot guess or surmise as to what you are trying to get at. The entire bani contained in the Granth sahib has the status of Guru and it contains that is philosophically the word of God.

The language and attire of texts have been given by the Guru sahibs. Kindly also do not pop up another questions that Bani came in Punjabi only. We are all talking about saints and Gurus who are one with God. Please do not ask if there is any proof.
For that matter I cannot state with 100 percent confidence that Bush is the President of USA.

You may kindly opine as to why the question is posed. What is the specific purpose of the inquiry. It is not inquisitiveness. It should be something more. Please spell it out before others reply so that you are replied to or attended to properly.

Regards.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
What preachers mean when they refer Dhur Kee Baanee? Do they know it or not?

May I ask what are Baabaas and preachers asking people to repeat then whole life?

Balbir Singh

Fake Baabaas and preachers do not know Dhur Kee Baanee.

The entire bani contained in the Granth sahib has the status of Guru and it contains that is philosophically the word of God.

You may kindly opine as to why the question is posed. What is the specific purpose of the inquiry. It is not inquisitiveness. It should be something more. Please spell it out before others reply so that you are replied to or attended to properly.

Regards.

Sikh80 Ji,

If I'm not mistaken, Balbir Singh Ji is asking us if we have had experience in encountering the real Baanee which comes from Dhur. This has nothing to do with SGGS, Vedas, Puranas, Simartees or Kitaabs or any other physical references to Dhur Kee Baanee.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected namjapji.
Thank you

O.k I see. In that case I have not heard anything and I do not know if 'dhur ki bani' comes with every changing season. I would ask Mr. Balbir ji if he had the experience himself.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Sikh80 Jee!

Quote "I cannot guess or surmise as to what you are trying to get at."
I am curious to know views of Sikhs who know what is Dhur Kee Baanee. I have heard often preachers talking about it on stages without explaining it.

Quote "The entire bani contained in the Granth sahib has the status of Guru and it contains that is philosophically the word of God."
Why people still go on missing the most important word of God, Naam, in the Granth Saahib?

Quote "Kindly also do not pop up another questions that Bani came in Punjabi only."
Should the person get a reward who has raised this question?

Quote "For that matter I cannot state with 100 percent confidence that Bush is the President of USA."
For some this may be an important problem.

Quote "You may kindly opine as to why the question is posed. What is the specific purpose of the inquiry. It is not inquisitiveness. It should be something more. Please spell it out before others reply so that you are replied to or attended to properly."
All act according to HIS Hukam. Through whom God does not speak. Did the reverend Gurus say that 'Dhur Kee Baanee' exclusively occurred once through them?

Balbir Singh

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all!

May I ask if Dhur Kee Baanee comes from Dhur, the center within or does it come through a reader, Raagee, Radio and other mediums?
Please share your experiences.

Balbir Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM