• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India We Need To Keep Adversaries Of Sikhs Away From The Faithful: Sukhbir Badal

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada

We need to keep adversaries of Sikhs away from the faithful: Sukhbir Badal

By Rohan Dua, TNN - Jan 31, 2013, 06.46 AM IST

CHANDIGARH: On a chilly morning of January 15, there was an impromptu invoking of SAD patriarch and Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal's 16 jail visits, followed by the infamous 1984 genocide, that saw the killings over 3,000 Sikhs.

An emotional SAD president Sukhbir Badal had just hit the chord in the dusty bylanes of migrant Sikh pocket boroughs in Lutyen's Delhi. And, the task for the DSGMC polls was cut out.

"My father went to jail 16 times during and after that. He, along, with other leaders had nurtured the institution for us in 1971. We can never forgive the Congress for hurting the sentiments of Sikhs. The November 1984 massacre rankles me every night. I was hardly 21 then," he told them.

Holding a microphone with his both hands and beads of sweat clinging to his brows, an impassioned Sukhbir moved the crowd as many raised their mobile phones to take pictures, like fans at a rock concert.

The feisty sardar, who had recently acquired a sobriquet CEO in his own state, established an instant connect with his audience.

From there on, at every rally at a new ward last two weeks, he would remind them of their identity and unity. There were abundant references to the gathered crowd as "Khalsa ji". There was poise. There was catharsis. There were pleas.

"It's a religion that demands its mini Parliament. We must save that legacy. We cannot leave that to the Gandhi pariwar and their men," he would tell them.

The SAD(B) president would take along senior leaders like Tota Singh and Gulzar Singh Ranike, without much fuss. "We need to keep the adversaries of Sikhs away from the faithful," he would tell the crowd at ward rallies.

Like a jathedar, he would even recite hymns and prayers with them. "We aim at introducing the judicial commission for the Sikh shrines. We also want to introduce subsidised education for the displaced and marginalised Sikhs."

On Wednesday afternoon, Sukhbir knew he had shown how and where the religion mattered.

source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ithful-Sukhbir-Badal/articleshow/18266412.cms

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Soul_jyot ji

What would be an appropriate definition of "adversaries of the panth." And I am sorry, but as much as I oppose the actions of SAD toward the panth, since 2001, Sarna's party showed arrogance. They thought they would win. They did not clean up their own house. They underestimated the opposition. They took their base for granted and their base did not show up to vote. The turnout percentages are indicative of that. So now what happens?

This is the political play that I talked about in a different thread ""It's a religion that demands its mini Parliament. We must save that legacy. We cannot leave that to the Gandhi pariwar and their men," ... The crux of the matter. This is voter manipulation at its best because it preys on emotions left from 1984 and glorifies the saffron interests that have a true hatred of Sikhism and are the contemporary enemies of Sikhi and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I predict further division. In the words of William Butler Yeats, "the center cannot hold."

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

The hukam of Waheguru will always be there. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says what it says and plenty are left outside of the election zone to hear it.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
spnadmin Ji:

Suffice to say with heart felt sorrow that it reminds me of:

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੧ ॥ ਕਲਿ ਕਾਤੀ ਰਾਜੇ ਕਾਸਾਈ ਧਰਮੁ ਪੰਖ ਕਰਿ ਉਡਰਿਆ ॥ ਕੂੜੁ ਅਮਾਵਸ ਸਚੁ ਚੰਦ੍ਰਮਾ ਦੀਸੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਹ ਚੜਿਆ ॥ ਹਉ ਭਾਲਿ ਵਿਕੁੰਨੀ ਹੋਈ ॥ ਆਧੇਰੈ ਰਾਹੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਵਿਚਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਕਰਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਰੋਈ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਿਨਿ ਬਿਧਿ ਗਤਿ ਹੋਈ ॥੧॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 145}

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: The Dark Age of Kali Yuga is the knife, and the kings are butchers; righteousness has sprouted wings and flown away. In this dark night of falsehood, the moon of Truth is not visible anywhere. I have searched in vain, and I am so confused; in this darkness, I cannot find the path. In egotism, they cry out in pain. Says Nanak, how will they be saved? || 1 ||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks Soul_jyot ji

The shabad is just the right one. It is almost eerie how it is a mirror to the passage from Yeats. There is more to that poem. Yates remains uncertain at the end whether a rebirth of spirit will ever happen. We do know Gurbani completes the lament on a different note, a better note. I trust that.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: