• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

We Need A Ripple Effect In Our Lives

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
There is no greater bond than that of sharing good news and triumph with others. If you have ever witnessed what is called the "Special Olympics" you know what I mean. I have found tears in my eyes seeing kids I didn't even know meet a challenge and overcome adversity to cross the finish line.

For some of us it takes little effort to succeed at a given task, while there are those of us who just have to keep plugging away. The reason: we are not all blessed with the exact same ability. I have mine, and you have yours. We are, by virtue of this fact, bound to one another.

I can't make it with my skills alone, I need you. This life's journey is difficult many times, and that's when the "Ripple Effect" can be the most beneficial. If I tell you how much I appreciate your just being part of my world, that's surely going to lift you up. A warm smile, a loving handshake or brief note of praise placed on your desk, will cause you to feel better about yourself and then that feeling has a way of reaching out and touching the lives of so many others.

May I suggest that we, just you and I, go around starting a "ripple effect" in the lives of those with whom we work, go to school with, play with, and live with.

Could it be that your wife, husband, children (child), teacher, boss, friend, neighbor, penpal, classmate, community leader, police officers, waitresses, and so many others we dare not try to name them all, need someone to start a ripple in their lives. I so wish I could have started a "ripple" in the hearts and lives of those young men in Colorado. What I'm saying is, we need to abandon the "me generation" now, before we become more distanced from the things that bind us together as a society and world.

I confess to you now, I cannot make it on my own. If that seems weak to you, I'm sorry. I still believe in the wonderful uniqueness of everyone on this planet. Each of us holds such power to mold the nature of our surroundings. Opportunities abound, the world is still going around, we have today, this hour this minute; let's not waste a single moment.

Let us start the "Ripple Effect" with someone now. You cannot buy this kind of happiness or fulfillment.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM