• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

TRUE Satikaar Of Guru Garnth Sahib Jee ?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sardar Gurmukh Singh Ji UK writes...

The following item also in the Panjab Times (later this week) is of wider Sikh interest:
-------------------------------------------------

As we read the tragic news of the desecration of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at village Moga (Thana Bhogpur), once again, serious questions are raised about the “seva sambhaal” of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. When such incidents happen, the question always arises, why Sri Guru Granth Sahib in darbar did not have at least one hazoori sevadar, or a guard? Is it not gross disrespect of the Jagat Jot Guru, to be left in parkaash state i.e. open for Sangat darshan, without any one in attendance?
About three years ago we were at Ravalsar, one of the most important places in Sikh history. I wrote about its historical importance in this column on return to the UK. When our small family group arrived, a dog was sitting at the entrance and there was no one inside the darbar hall while Sri Guru Garnth Sahib ji was in parkaash. Much worse, the dog had defecated nearby. When the local sevadar did come, we pointed this out to him. He just gave some evasive answer, recited the history of the place parrot fashion and gave us parshaad. The donations were, of course, warmly received!
The impression given is that we rush to built gurdwaras all over the world but think very little about how they would be looked after. We do not ensure that Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji remains in total security. Most middle to larger villages in Panjab have more that one gurdwara – sometimes there are separate gurdwaras for different bradris (euphemism for anti-Sikhi castes and clans). Someone would come in the morning to do parkaash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, open the doors and return only in the evening to do sukh-aasan. In the day time there is no security and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is left totally unguarded. That sort of neglect is criminal and the gurdwara management should be held accountable.
Such disrespect for the Guru is on the increase. Gurdwaras are built not to unite but to divide with least consideration for the Guru’s teaching. Gurdwaras are built in the name of kaar seva wasting Sangat’s resources while destroying our rich heritage. The destruction of Bebay Nanaki ji’s 500 year’s old house at Sultanpur is an outstanding example.
Our central institutions like the SGPC have shown ineffectiveness in preventing the repetition of such incidents. The need is to tackle the root causes instead of just fire-fighting.
Where there is Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, there must be a full time, tiar-bar-tiar hazoori sevadar.

Gurmukh Singh UK

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Such situations also exist in ALL Sikh gurdawras in Malaysia/Singapore/Thailand/Indonesia as well.
The SGGS is always Parakshed every mornign and then LEFT ALONE....till Darkness falls.
Many a time even the lights are switched on late as the granthi/sewadaars may not be around/gone to town etc...most Granthis are from Punjab...and occupied in going "out"...earning extra money etc...and only return to Gurdwara to sleep. TheParaksh/Sukhasan is part of a "duty"..not labour of Love..misnomer to call these Guru de Vazir...
In the Gurdawra sahib Gopeng about 20 years ago while accompanying Atma Singh Akali dal minister on a tour when we entered the Darbar sahib a dog woke up from Tabiah where he was having his daily nap. When I returned to Kuala Lumpur and wrote a report in the malaya samachar daily.lots of irate readers phoned up Gyani tarlochan Singh Editor of MS and they said..we. find it very objectionable to call such a situation as Kuttian daa raaj...why NOT ?? To my teenage mind then the dog was in charge of the Gurdawra..no less...and i stuck to my story. Its always in our nature to cover up our inadequacies..rather than look for solutions...Whats so "grand and satikaar" about leaving the Sacha patshah all alone in a Drabaar when no one is free to even sit around...Even the Largest gurdwaras are guilty of THIS gross NEGLIGENCE.

2. I Swa personally the DESTRUCTION of the 500 yaer old Bebeh nanaki Ghar in Sultanpur..its been razed to the ground and REPLACED by a Marble Gurdawra...and YES..by the KAR SEWA BABAS !! Sirhind dee deewaar, Chamkaur dee gharree etc are all GONE.... Many more Historical/HERITAGE sites... are in their sights...if we remain SLEEPING. Latest is Mata sunder Kaurs house...the Hoarding shows the Kar sewa babas NAME is FOUR times BIGGER than the name of mata Sunder Kaur !!..and that is just the Hoarding/Board..wait until the Marble gurdawara coems up...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM