• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

jaginder

SPNer
Jan 26, 2011
When murder is committed under the banner of Islam, the Muslim community must condemn nay, they must actively hunt and shut down all terrorist cells (justice alone is not enough, it must be seen). The days of silence, lip service and fence sitting are over otherwise the world would be compelled to be suspicious all Muslims and those who look like them.

Sep 19, 2013
Nottingham
When murder is committed under the banner of Islam, the Muslim community must condemn nay, they must actively hunt and shut down all terrorist cells (justice alone is not enough, it must be seen). The days of silence, lip service and fence sitting are over otherwise the world would be compelled to be suspicious all Muslims and those who look like them.

When murder is committed under the banner of Islam, the Muslim community must condemn
They do already. I am a convert from Islam to Sikhi. Yes, I am an ex-Muslim. I have never known anyone who supports al-Qaeda within the Muslim community. Sure, some of them support the militants in Palestine (for just the same reasons as some young Sikhs support Babbar Khalsa et al), and then there are naive ones who think that Muslims can do no wrong and that 9/11 was a hoax, but actual supporters of violence against the west are difficult to find.

they must actively hunt and shut down all terrorist cells
How do you suppose they do that? Terrorists, due to their very nature, are incredibly secretive and are also well-trained and armed to the teeth. Even Assad's army, with all its armoured tanks and brutality, cannot wipe out al-Qaeda in Syria. Even America never beat the Taliban. What good do you think a few angry civilians with sticks can do? How would they even find the terrorists.

The days of silence, lip service and fence sitting are over otherwise the world would be compelled to be suspicious all Muslims and those who look like them.
So basically you think that if the Muslims don't suddenly all become supermen and wipe out heavily-armed paramilitary fanatics all by themselves, all the Muslims, and everyone who looks like one (including Sikhs I assume) should be harassed and bullied? Like Prabhjot Singh was on saturday?

What a horrible thought for the day.

jaginder

SPNer
Jan 26, 2011
They do already. I am a convert from Islam to Sikhi. Yes, I am an ex-Muslim. I have never known anyone who supports al-Qaeda within the Muslim community. Sure, some of them support the militants in Palestine (for just the same reasons as some young Sikhs support Babbar Khalsa et al), and then there are naive ones who think that Muslims can do no wrong and that 9/11 was a hoax, but actual supporters of violence against the west are difficult to find.

How do you suppose they do that? Terrorists, due to their very nature, are incredibly secretive and are also well-trained and armed to the teeth. Even Assad's army, with all its armoured tanks and brutality, cannot wipe out al-Qaeda in Syria. Even America never beat the Taliban. What good do you think a few angry civilians with sticks can do? How would they even find the terrorists.

So basically you think that if the Muslims don't suddenly all become supermen and wipe out heavily-armed paramilitary fanatics all by themselves, all the Muslims, and everyone who looks like one (including Sikhs I assume) should be harassed and bullied? Like Prabhjot Singh was on saturday?

What a horrible thought for the day.

People are being killed and my thoughts are horrible? One can twist things anyway you want and I would really like to elaborate but I think this thread is only for sharing what we are thinking (out loud). I don't want to turn this thread into what its not meant to be (debate). Perhaps we can start a new thread? Lead the way.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
ਝੂਠੁ ਬਾਤ ਸਾ ਸਚੁ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਤੀ ॥ ਸਤਿ ਹੋਵਨੁ ਮਨਿ ਲਗੈ ਨ ਰਾਤੀ ॥੨॥ AGGS, M 5, p 185.

It is inherited character that in general people believe false as true and true is not easily recognized. Only a few people have the vision to recognize the truth. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

It is the wrong interpretation and understanding of holy book which is c\the cause of innocent killings.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Darkness rules where there is no light and manh is nothing more than darkness as 'ਮਨਿ ਮੈਲੈ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਮੈਲਾ ਤਨਿ ਧੋਤੈ ਮਨੁ ਹਛਾ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥. But the moment, 'ਦੇਖੌ ਭਾਈ ਗ੍ਯ੍ਯਾਨ ਕੀ ਆਈ ਆਂਧੀ ॥ ਸਭੈ ਉਡਾਨੀ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਕੀ ਟਾਟੀ ਰਹੈ ਨ ਮਾਇਆ ਬਾਂਧੀ ॥੧ it goes Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
The secret of being...

Attachments

• 600334_358142797654896_1089344831_n.jpg
    600334_358142797654896_1089344831_n.jpg
    47.8 KB · Reads: 189

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM