• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
1170664_10151558538562100_588970360_n.jpg

jaginder

SPNer
Jan 26, 2011
I actually had to remind myself today!

Depending on others is like trusting rumours, they usually don't come true and you have no one to blame but yourself!

Aug 16, 2013
Atlanta GA USA
When I see someone make a decision that I suspect might lead to problems or if they make a bad decision that I have made , Sometimes I will shake my head, but not say anything. [Unless they ask.]

If I shake my head at these people, I am really shaking my head at myself. I would like to think of myself as being non-judgemental. To be so is hurtful, arrogant, and they may need the lesson as much as I did. It is more likely though, that my mind or ego will slip out of it's cage once again, to be silently judgemental. My mind /ego is much more clever now than it used to be. [Who am I to be judgmental of anyone or anything??? If I am such a big cosmic hotshot, how is it I have to wonder where the money will come to pay my student loans from?
I guess this is the difference between learn from other people's experiences. Admitting I too could experience this reaction, instead of saying I would never put myself in a position to experience this reaction. Who knows what could happen if I let mind or ego take control and run with it.
For this reason alone, it is ALWAYS nice to see these reminders!

Last edited:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God.
- Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Beautiful post esieffe Ji,

ਸਾਲਾਹੀ ਸਾਲਾਹਿ ਏਤੀ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਨ ਪਾਈਆ ॥
The praisers praise the Lord, but they obtain not this understanding

ਨਦੀਆ ਅਤੈ ਵਾਹ ਪਵਹਿ ਸਮੁੰਦਿ ਨ ਜਾਣੀਅਹਿ ॥
that they may know His greatness; as the steams and the rivers falling into the ocean understand not its extent.

ਸਮੁੰਦ ਸਾਹ ਸੁਲਤਾਨ ਗਿਰਹਾ ਸੇਤੀ ਮਾਲੁ ਧਨੁ ॥
Wealthy Kings and emperors with oceans and mountains of property and wealth

ਕੀੜੀ ਤੁਲਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਨੀ ਜੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਮਨਹੁ ਨ ਵੀਸਰਹਿ ॥੨੩॥
equal not this ant who forgets not the true Lord.

(Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj, Page 5)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM