• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The True Guru In Deep Meditation?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all!

Dear spiritual friends!

I feel that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is in deep meditation since I have come to meet Him.
Do many feel the same? Please response and enjoy the Satsang.

Balbir Singh

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
When did you come to meet Guru Granth sahib Balbir ji cos I met Guru Granth sahib ji yesterday and Guruji were talking to me...... However Guruji said he was in deep meditation till now...:)

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and TGill Jee!

Quote "When did you come to meet Guru Granth sahib Balbir ji cos I met Guru Granth sahib ji yesterday and Guruji were talking to me...... However Guruji said he was in deep meditation till now..."

I met the true Guru and found Him in deep meditation from the first day. I felt so great in His company and immediately fell engrossed deep, slanting within. With HIM all around is silence transcending all the noises, both in the outer and inner world.
Since then I sit near my Guru meditating deep in meditation. His nearness overpowers the haphazardness and leads me into silence and solace.

I wonder, people making so many noises near the Guru deep in meditation and around and fighting for the time for their concerts.

Begum, by the way psychiatrists ask me how to meditate. They also wish to become healthy and peaceful.

Balbir Singh

ps : I got few minutes before leaving for holy days.

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Balbir ji,
I'm sure Balbir ji that you transcend the noises and go into deep silence. But what happens in that silence ? Again a very sincere question.

thih jogee ko jugath n jaano ||
lobh moh maya mamata fun jih ghatt maahi pashano ||1|| rehaao ||
par ninda ousathath neh jaa kai kanchan loh samaano ||
harakh sog te rehai atheethaa jogee tahi bakhaano ||1||
chanchal man dheh dhis ko dhhaavath achal jaahi theharaano ||
kahu naanak eih bidhh ko jo nar mukath thaahi thum maano ||2||3||

That Yogi does not know the way.
Understand that his heart is filled with greed, emotional attachment, Maya and egotism. ||1|
One who does not slander or praise others, who looks upon gold and iron alike,
who is free from pleasure and pain - he alone is called a true Yogi. ||1||
The restless mind wanders in the ten directions - it needs to be pacified and restrained.
Says Nanak, whoever knows this technique is judged to be liberated. ||2||3||

poor phychiatrists !! :)

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and TGill Jee!

Quote "But what happens in that silence ? Again a very sincere question."
In SaaNti (silence) Anad happens. That is the origin of all activities, again a very sincere answer.

God is also in deep meditation. On the surface is Sansaara.

Satsriakal.

Balbir Singh

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
But Balbir ji, how can you answer sincerely when don't know the answer. :unsure:

I think you didn't read the shabad I posted, sorry pasted last time. Anyways, pasting it again.

That Yogi does not know the way.
Understand that his heart is filled with greed, emotional attachment, Maya and egotism. ||1|
One who does not slander or praise others, who looks upon gold and iron alike,
who is free from pleasure and pain - he alone is called a true Yogi. ||1||
The restless mind wanders in the ten directions - it needs to be pacified and restrained.
Says Nanak, whoever knows this technique is judged to be liberated. ||2||3||

Hey by the way I read that 38 sounds and japuji sahib thread of yours, actually quite an innovative way to look at japuji sahib... But when I analysed I could find 43 sounds in mool mantra... So what happened to 5 more pauris...
Well may be god is not so kind to me in numbers and I am sorry If I have analysed it wrongly....

By the way I could hear the similar sounds in this as well :

ek balbir ji....

e.......k.........ba.........l..........bi.......r......ji.....

Have fun in meditation...

Aug 27, 2007

God is also in deep meditation. On the surface is Sansaara.

Satsriakal.

Balbir Singh

The above is from Balbir ji's post.
Anyone who can say with confidence that GOd is also in deep meditation knows ,probably everything about God. In such a case One should respect that person.

I have a great regard for Balbir ji.
Kindly keep on guiding us like this ,Sir,

Regards.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and TGill Jee!

Quote "But Balbir ji, how can you answer sincerely when don't know the answer."
Strange, some are sure that others do not know the answer.

I asked my Gurdev and He confirms it.
"saaNt bha-ee bujhee sabh tarisnaa anad bha-i-aa sabh thaa-ee jee-o." SGGS 106-10

Quote "I think you didn't read the shabad I posted, sorry pasted last time. Anyways, pasting it again."
Please post your interpretation while referring the Vaak from Gurdev, not the borrowed interpretation. Also, please do not forget to provide the Ang. (page number).

Quote "By the way I could hear the similar sounds in this as well :

ek balbir ji....

e.......k.........ba.........l..........bi.......r ......ji....."

Please do not envy others. Better use the precious time for true Simran.

Quote from Begum "Balbir has yet to improve his formulae on his website. I should be shouting,'Guru has been found, come all saints and sadhus'."
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am not looking for a web master to weave the net.
God's Grace makes one saint or a saadhoo. Only looking out of the window does not help one to fly in freedom.

Balbir Singh

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Welcome back Balbir ji,

Please don't mind my words Balbir ji, it is only my ego which plays out here in this forum...

The truth is I don't know anything myself. :hmm:

Aug 27, 2007
Dear Balbir ji,

You have started a thread that deals with the expression 'Guru' , a term , that connotes something very significant. However on Going thru. the Gurbani one finds that the term sometimes means God and sometimes it means someone which is other than both of above. Can you guide as to the meaning of the term 'Guru'. I have posted this type of question in some other post as well.

Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: