• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The LOVE Of Bengalis For Bengali. V/s The Disregard Even. Hatred Of Punjabis For Punjabi

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
A Pakistani Punjabi activiist writes to compare HOW much bengalis love their Language...they preferred to LEAVE Pakistan rather than accept the hegemony of URDU....and even offered so many SHAHEEDS to preserve that right....and PUNJABIS instantly and automatically DISCARDED Punjabi in favour of their RELIGIOUS "factionalism"....IF BENGALI HINDUS and MUSLIMS can remain Good Hindus and Good Muslims without discarding BENGALI..why do Punjabis feel otherwise...Punjabis discarded their mother tongue..some even HATE IT enough to DISOWN it in Favour of Hindi/sanskrit...

http://www.rozanaspokesman.com/epap...n=main&yview=2013&mview=Jan&dview=06&pview=13

cheema13

SPNer
Aug 7, 2008
Re: The LOVE of Bengalis for Bengali..VS the Disregard even...Hatred of Punjabis for Punjabi

This is only true in Punjab, Pakistan. In Punjab, India, Punjabi will always remain because it is an integral part of Sikhism since all Sikh scriptures are written in Punjabi.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: The LOVE of Bengalis for Bengali..VS the Disregard even...Hatred of Punjabis for Punjabi

This is only true in Punjab, Pakistan. In Punjab, India, Punjabi will always remain because it is an integral part of Sikhism since all Sikh scriptures are written in Punjabi.

BUT i see No PUNJABI in any schools in PUNJAB..even the basic RURAL ONES...that teach some Punjabi..the only parents whos end their kids there are the very very poor ones..EVERYONE ELSE goes for ENGLISH MEDIUM PRIVATE SCHOOLS..in which PUNJABI is actively DISCOURAGED.

2. I see so many Punjabi looking sikhs fmo PUNJAB..BUT they CANNOT write OORRA airrah..they write and read HINDI in Devnagree...esp those form Delhi Haryana etc...not a word of Punjabi...and a Cursory look at RESULTS of the PSEB online for PUNJABI as asubject are DISMAL....studnets with SINGH/KAUR scoring marks like 20 ....12.... 9 out of 100 !!! in a langaugae they speak at home ?? and marks for HINDI range above the 50's....

So simply claiming SIKH SCRIPTURES..in Punjab India is NOT right...the SGGS is in Gurmukhi..but Gurmukhi SCRIPT is seldom seen on any signboards or in Offices etc...SGGS reading is left to "so called professional" pathees etc form deras who make a living out of it...everyone else avoids it due to the notion that "paap" hojuu..an idea suited to the pathees who cna then monopolise the sggs..sad situation..

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011

BUT i see No PUNJABI in any schools in PUNJAB..even the basic RURAL ONES...that teach some Punjabi..the only parents whos end their kids there are the very very poor ones..EVERYONE ELSE goes for ENGLISH MEDIUM PRIVATE SCHOOLS..in which PUNJABI is actively DISCOURAGED.

2. I see so many Punjabi looking sikhs fmo PUNJAB..BUT they CANNOT write OORRA airrah..they write and read HINDI in Devnagree...esp those form Delhi Haryana etc...not a word of Punjabi...and a Cursory look at RESULTS of the PSEB online for PUNJABI as asubject are DISMAL....studnets with SINGH/KAUR scoring marks like 20 ....12.... 9 out of 100 !!! in a langaugae they speak at home ?? and marks for HINDI range above the 50's....

So simply claiming SIKH SCRIPTURES..in Punjab India is NOT right...the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is in Gurmukhi..but Gurmukhi SCRIPT is seldom seen on any signboards or in Offices etc...Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji reading is left to "so called professional" pathees etc form deras who make a living out of it...everyone else avoids it due to the notion that "paap" hojuu..an idea suited to the pathees who cna then monopolise the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji..sad situation..

Well Sir, what you said is true but as bad as you think IMHO. I have grown up in Delhi. I studied in a Sikh school and they gave us a choice between choosing Hindi and Punjabi after 9th grade. Before that we start with Punjabi in 4 th grade (not sure if things have changed now). So at least in schools managed by SGPC Punjabi is taught to everyone. Rest of the schools do not teach children Punjabi but give them a choice between Hindi and Sanskrit. Some of them offer various languages including foreign ones.
In Delhi many signboards have 4 languages written on them. English, Hindi Punjabi and Urdu even now and Delhi is not a part of Punjab.

In Punjab most schools teach Punjabi. Since most of the higher studies are in English there is no reason for children to be eloquent in Gurmukhi, unless they want to major in it.
I am not saying things look rosy, in fact they are on decline.

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011

Things in Pakistani Punjab are very bad though. Through internet I met a Lahori guy who could not speak Punjabi fluently. Can you imagine someone living in Punjab not able to speak the language of the land properly !

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Things in Pakistani Punjab are very bad though. Through internet I met a Lahori guy who could not speak Punjabi fluently. Can you imagine someone living in Punjab not able to speak the language of the land properly !

There is a VAST number of Pakistanis living in Malaysia..and I havent yet met one who couldnt speak PUNJABI beautifully..even the YOUNGEST ONES..teenagers etc. Many Pakistanis arrive here on visas looking for jobs and every one can speak the most beautiful Punjabi...even though they are not TAUGHT Punjabi in Schools its their MOTHER TONGUE ...in fact the other day a Sikh man form the Indian Punjab who went to his traditional village in Pakistan after the family left in 1947...spoke the Punjabi of Chandigarh..and one old lady told him..Sardara..PUNJABI vich Gall kar...ahh kee boli jihee boli janneh..mainnu taan kaakh samajh nahin aundee..!!!

Listen tho this..this is the PUNJABI thats spoken in Pakistani Punjab..

Jadd da puttar bahar ( canada ) gya hai ..... heart touching - YouTube

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Here listen to what the poet tells out loud...thats the POLITICAL REALITY - in BOTH Punjabs..in LAHORE its the URDU LOBBY and in CHANDIGARH its the HINDI/DEVNAGREE/SANSKRIT LOBBY...BOTH politically correct lobbies push very hard...but its my perosnal opinion that PUNJABI is STRUGGLING in BOTH HALVES....but looking at the wya PUNJABI is GROWING IN Canada, UK USA and in DIASPORA....its LIFE is going to be LONG and healthy..

Anwar Masood - Punjabi - Pul Chuk Hondi Akhiyaan Koloon Dil Jurmanay Parda Hai.wmv - YouTube

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Ali hussnain is the youngest punjabi poet. He is student of 7th class.He thinks that Dr Ramma Rattan ji(Dani Maa) has made him punjabi poet.She discovered his abilities and inspired him.

Now if we see the HUGE CROWDS at these poetry sessions..its hard to imagine the "Lahoriyah" on the Internet who couldnt speak punjabi ??? But thats not to say such people dont EXIST...OH YES they do...for example..the Ex PM of Singapore LEE KUAN YEW couldnt speak a word of CHINESE/MANDARIN...and there are HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of Malaysian CHINESE who speak ONLY ENGLISH !!!...BUT CHINESE is still the Language of the Largest group of Humans.....many BRITONS cnat speak ENGLISH etc etc is true...BUT its our FARZ as PUNJABIS to PROMOTE PUNJABI...:interestedsingh:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

I watch Many Live Pakistani Channels on the Satellite and via Internet....and while the PUNJABI shows of Pakistan are relatively SECULAR and clean...those form the Indian side are clearly divided into two - One are the GURBANI Based/RELIGIOUS/Gurmukhi etc...and the second are the MissPooja Honey Singh yo Yo type..utter rubbish and vulgar. There is very LITTLE SECULAR PUNJABI POETRY/shairi coming form the Chandigarh Punjab (at least on U tube/Internet/sat tv becasue TV Channels like PTC ETC ZEE etc also ALL PROMOTE only LACHAR GAIKI of people like honey..mika..etc promoting gun culture, drugs, sharab..jatt chamaar caste based jealousy etc etc...very BAD !! One cannot stand these channels for more than few minutes.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: