• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General The Khalsa Warrior

Harwinder

SPNer
Apr 4, 2011
"The khalsa warrior" said to be one the strongest and most feared in battle. These warrior are full of heart and pride. They are a symbole of equality.

From what i have herd and read these guys were big, tall rosey cheeks and carried a lot of wieght of thier weapons.

Now a days we have vitamin supplements, protiens but yet no one can compare to them.

What did they eat? what excersice rutien did they do?

What made them so feirce?

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Happy Vasakhii

Caspian

SPNer
Mar 7, 2008
Re: "The Khalsa Warrior"

Now a days we have vitamin supplements, protiens but yet no one can compare to them.

Chances are that the mythic "khalsa warrior" is an emulsion of a bunch of different sikh characters throughout sikh history. So trying to find "the" khalsa warrior is like trying to find "the average taxpayer." You wont find someone who you can point to and be like "john is the average taxpayer" instead u find a bunch of different people who all, together, share aspects of the average taxpayer. Likewise with the khalsa warrior.

Having said that though, I imagine they must have fought fiercly and defeated foes probably exagerated the claims of their battle prowess and physique out of embarrasment. And im sure the sikhs must have exagerated the stories as well (seeing as we have a long history of exagerated stories). Warfare can be psychological too right, and often times putting the thought of a "khalsa warrior" into the enemys mind is better then actual confronting him.

But where they the best warriors in the world that can stand the test of time even by todays standard? I dont know, but I doubt that.

For my money, I would have to give the Spartans that title.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
"The khalsa warrior" said to be one the strongest and most feared in battle. These warrior are full of heart and pride. They are a symbole of equality.

From what i have herd and read these guys were big, tall rosey cheeks and carried a lot of wieght of thier weapons.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Happy Vasakhii

I don't know from where you read that Khalsa were tall and big.They were Punjabi's so its obvious that they had physique of Punjabi's which better than other Indians.

As far what makes them so brave and fierce is their faith in Sikhism ,No fear of Death and Harsh living conditions.Today a naxalite fighter despite being a 5 feet tall can create terror in so many tall well built city folks.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM