• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam The Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

star

Banned
Nov 20, 2013
In Qur'an Allah almighty says: (O mankind! A similitude has been coined, so listen to it (carefully): Verily those on whom you call besides Allah, cannot create (even) a fly, even though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly snatches away a thing from them, they will have no power to release it from the fly. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought.)(Sûrat Al-Hajj-verse73), in this verse Allah wants us to understand how much this insect is important and to know that He almighty didn't create it without purpose as He says in another verse: (And has subjected to you all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth; it is all as a favour and kindness from Him. Verily, in it are signs for a people who think deeply.)(Sûrat Al-Jâthiyah-verse 13).

Also prophet Mohamed (Peace be upon him) tells us about the benefit of the fly: ("If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease.")( Narrated by Abu Huraira).

Let us think rationally, who told that illiterate prophet about this scientific fact 1400 years ago?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
:kaurfacepalm:

star ji

As a Sikh I am bound to respect people of other religions. I am not bound to respect the teachings of other religions. This idea that the wings of a fly contain both the germs of disease and a cure for the disease is inane. Or it could be a metaphor, as some have stated that the Quran is a treasure of metaphors. But metaphors are not science, this is not science, and it is an example of why so many despair of having a rationale discussion about the Quran.

It is going to be difficult to retain this thread without it becoming a kind of humor magnet. Please understand that it may be deleted if things turn unruly here.

Last edited:

Brother Onam

Writer
SPNer
Jul 11, 2012
Dead flies putrefy the perfumer’s ointment,
And cause it to give off a foul odor;
So does a little folly to one respected for wisdom and honor.
-Bible, Ecclesiastes 10:1

I guess for every lesson, there's a counter-lesson.:winkingsingh:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Scientists say that flies carry many types of bacteria, viruses and pathogenic microbes, but at the same time it carries on the surface of its body materials against these pathogens, and the best method to extract these biological material from the fly is to dip it in a liquid

Dipping flies in consumable liquids can lead to transmission of fly-transmitted diseases. In the interest of readers, please don't spread such false information as it can adversly affect the health attitudes of people.

Scientists have had success in extracting antimicrobials from insect bodysurfaces but it may not be yet viable and that is absolutely different from what you are suggesting. At the same time, NO scientist would encourage drinking a liquid in which flies or other such disease-transmitting insects have been dipped. My serious advice to readers is not to consume such a liquid.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The thread is closed. artistotle ji has the last word.

star ji - NO MORE TOPICS LIKE THIS PLEASE! The Islam section like all sections of Interfaith dialog are here to promote dialog about faith, not foolishness. The interfaith forums are not here to provide a free service to promote views of other religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM