• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Entire Raag Mala: The Last 2 Parts Missing?

harman deep

SPNer
Aug 22, 2010
Satikar yog Narayan Jot KAUR JI

Waheguru Ji Ka KhalsA Wahegurur
One thing you and Madan Singh Ji forgotten that Bani Mundawani have two shaloks of Mahala 5 . Why are you calling Mundawani and shalok when both of these shabds / shloks are part of mundawni, Guru ji is Sovereign. Guru ji can add three shaloks may four in Mundawani.So there is no shalok after Mundawani. This thing i hear from Gurtej Singh IAS.
The second thing which i said flow over your head and you seems to helpless to understand what i said.
What is your answer to Ragi Balveer Singh ji when they are singing gurbani on dunis of Ragmala Rags.
About above two things you are neither try to understand and all is flown over your hear. Whenever you understand what i am saying than you will think what is your position in this regard
Veer Vijaydeep Singh ji in your research please study all these things which are very much necessary.
Harmandeep Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Satikar yog Narayan Jot KAUR JI

Waheguru Ji Ka KhalsA Wahegurur
One thing you and Madan Singh Ji forgotten that Bani Mundawani have two shaloks of Mahala 5 . Why are you calling Mundawani and shalok when both of these shabds / shloks are part of mundawni, Guru ji is Sovereign. Guru ji can add three shaloks may four in Mundawani.So there is no shalok after Mundawani. This thing i hear from Gurtej Singh IAS.
The second thing which i said flow over your head and you seems to helpless to understand what i said.
What is your answer to Ragi Balveer Singh ji when they are singing gurbani on dunis of Ragmala Rags.
About above two things you are neither try to understand and all is flown over your hear. Whenever you understand what i am saying than you will think what is your position in this regard
Veer Vijaydeep Singh ji in your research please study all these things which are very much necessary.
Harmandeep Singh

Truly I am satisfied that you see Sri Guru Granth Sahib as above all "sovereign." Most of the time the question of raagmala - among some other questionable controversies -- is part of a planned attack on Guruji.

To conclude: Nothing flew over my head Harman ji. Sometimes I simply choose not to address points raised. I have never been competitive enough or felt a deep need to mow down a forest of issues in any given discussion. Basically I have said all I care to say at this time. I have contended with several of the core issues in the controversy.

The Sikh Rehat Maryada summs up all that is required of a Sikh with respect to the entire Raagmala controversy. No reference is made to any missing portions. Hence a discussion of any missing parts is purely academic and not central to the practice of Sikhism. The context for this passage is recitation of Akand Path, and the sentence in parentheses gives the sole requirement regarding Raagmala. See the relevant content in bold font.

"The reading of the whole Guru Granth Sahib (intermittent or non-stop) may be concluded with the reading of the Mundawani or the Rag Mala according to the convention traditionally observed at the concerned place. (Since there is a difference of opinion within the Panth on this issue, nobody should dare to write or print a copy of the Guru Granth Sahib excluding the Rag Mala). Thereafter, after reciting the Anand Sahib, the Ardas of the conclusion of the reading should be offered and the sacred pudding (Karah Parshad) distributed."

The Sikh Rehat Maryada does not subscribe to the notion that Raagmala is Gurbani. Instead SRM acknowledges the fact that there is a controversy thus in deference to the controversy requires Raagmala be part of each copy of Guru Granth Sahib.

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: