The Danger Of A Single Story | SIKH PHILOSOPHY NETWORK
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

The Danger Of A Single Story

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 18, 2010
World citizen!
This video was forwarded by Mai Harinder Kaur ji. Thank you Mai ji for bringing this to my attention.

I think it is brilliant and very pertinent to todays increasing multicultural world. We all carry stereotypes that we should always be challenging. We need to approach modern media with some skepticism and be responsible for our learning and attitudes.

YouTube - Chimamanda Adichie: The danger of a single story

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 6, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Thank you for posting this. I think what she is saying is important. Not to mention she's a really good speaker and interesting, too.

I wonder how many people believe a single story about us Sikhs.

And I wonder how many people we believe a single story about.

Last edited:

Harwinder

SPNer
Apr 5, 2011
This was a powerfull in itshlef as she gave the speech.. I knwo i am not perfect but things like this help climbe the ladder to understranding mankind more and more.

If anyone cares and is interested in reading books of self-imporovement and how we think towrds other i recommend this book to anyone out there if u haven't read it.

Called: "The magic of thinking big" (you can get it in english, punjabi, hindi and many different languages.) by david j schwartz PHD

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Shabad Vichaar by SPN'ers

]This is a shabad mentioned by respected member Gyani ji a few times so I was keen to explore further. I have given the shabad and literal word meanings. Please have a go at putting these together...

SPN on Facebook