• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Terrorism By SIKHS?

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<<<what chaos did bhindranwale cause? who did he kill? what did he bomb? sorry if it's a stupid question>>

using Harmandir Sahib as a shield is second one

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
i have nothing against bhindaranwale espousing for sikh rights, but within the legal and constitutional framework.

what i am against is to use religion as a shroud for cloaking the intentions to mislead and divide people.

that is what religious "terrorists" do.

ok let me ask you ( again i`m repeating)

do you think Guru gubind singh ji was a terrorist? or are against guru gobind singh ji also?
He was against legal constitutions defined by mogul .
he also did ' objectable' speaches and infact he did big sin than bhindrawale because he was 'guru' in the legacy of guru nanak. He was not suppose to instruct his innocent followers to take weapons in their hands

bhul chuk maf
stupidjassi

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<do you think Guru gubind singh ji was a terrorist? or are against guru gobind singh ji also?
He was against legal constitutions defined by mogul .
he also did ' objectable' speaches and infact he did big sin than bhindrawale because he was 'guru' in the legacy of guru nanak. He was not suppose to instruct his innocent followers to take weapons in their hands>>

in the eyes of moguls he "was" a terrorist.

but so was Jesus Christ, so were all other greats..

what do you want to prove?

Osama = Bhindaranwale = guru Gobind singh = Guru Nanak = Jesus Christ ???

LOL

Apr 4, 2007
<<<<what chaos did bhindranwale cause? who did he kill? what did he bomb? sorry if it's a stupid question>>

using Harmandir Sahib as a shield is second one

as a shield? interesting. my husband and inlaws were able to freely enter and leave harimandir sahib during the time bhindranwale lived there. so was anyone else who was willing to remove their shoes and cover their head. there is evidence of this on video tape, from some of the many western reporters who entered and spoke with him.

bhindranwale was a preacher, he had lived in the harimandir sahib compound for several years... preaching. where else should a preacher live if not a gurdwara?

sorry, i don't get the "shield" thing.

gandhi was looking for an excuse to arrest him, she had none, so she attacked. why do people blame him for her actions?

A true martyr would have marched to gates of the red fort and nailed the hands of indira gandhi to the front gate (with an ink pen)

And yes guru gobind singh was a rebel... fighting oppression... where his ends justified his means

you have to experience an impulse of distaste before you thrust your sword into the belly of your enemy or fire off an arrow from your quiver (it's a natural emotion...if you dont experience it... you are a psychotic lunatic)

that does not however indicate He was devoid of morality. no rebel, terrorist or anyone who displays civil disobedience is ever devoid of morality and incapable of love.

and lets all stop this nonsense and stop adding insult to the fabric of reason.
stop diefying that which was not a diety

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
Bhagat singh walked up to get arrested

he wanted to use world media to get his voice heard.

if bhindaranwale was just a preacher why did he have these things?

- having arms inside harmandir sahib

- calling for "dharm yudh"

- calling indira - " pandit di beti" in a hugely derisive terms.

LOL

i have no problems with his calling for sikhs to adopt attire as he thought was the proper one...but all the above were beyond the realm of being a preacher

Apr 4, 2007
Bhagat singh walked up to get arrested

he wanted to use world media to get his voice heard.

if bhindaranwale was just a preacher why did he have these things?

- having arms inside harmandir sahib

- calling for "dharm yudh"

- calling indira - " pandit di beti" in a hugely derisive terms.

LOL

i have no problems with his calling for sikhs to adopt attire as he thought was the proper one...but all the above were beyond the realm of being a preacher

i can only speak to the arms inside harimandir sahib. akal takht has ALWAYS contained weapons, and it always will. there's nothing wrong with having weapons inside the walls of harimandir sahib or akal takht. i don't know why people always talk about this as though bhindranwale was the only one who had ever carried arms there.

Guru Hargobind Sahib set the precedent. not some preacher that everyone loves to hate.

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
well LMG, rocket launchers, AK 47

what was he preaching?

and does he equate himself with Guru Hargobind ji?

i know in his speeches he always called himself"servant " of Guru's etc etc... but he carried himself as if he was giving orders...telling youth what to do, his verbatim...us paapi nu sodhna hai>>

whata a loaded way of telling youth to bump off someone...Sodhna is a loaded punjabi word as bump off is. it means...to correct...as well it means ----------

and let me correct some notions

weapons were never "inside" akal takht
except for what ever people carried as their swords etc as a "regular" attire.

they never built bunkers inside.... :)

khalsa armies always had a camp "outside" the boundaries of the Harmandir sahib.

There is a Bunga which has been the camping place of Nihungs for over 250 years

haha

thanks, i understand that you completely accept him as a saint

good for you.

:)

<<not some preacher that everyone loves to hate.>>

yes

i love to hate him, i am not infallible to not hate someone. his stupidity cost lives of many youth, cost innocent childhood of many

he certainly is a character worth calling a saint :)

Apr 4, 2007
well LMG, rocket launchers, AK 47

what was he preaching?

and does he equate himself with Guru Hargobind ji?

i know in his speeches he always called himself"servant " of Guru's etc etc... but he carried himself as if he was giving orders...telling youth what to do, his verbatim...us paapi nu sodhna hai>>

whata a loaded way of telling youth to bump off someone...Sodhna is a loaded punjabi word as bump off is. it means...to correct...as well it means ----------

and let me correct some notions

weapons were never "inside" akal takht
except for what ever people carried as their swords etc as a "regular" attire.

they never built bunkers inside.... :)

khalsa armies always had a camp "outside" the boundaries of the Harmandir sahib.

There is a Bunga which has been the camping place of Nihungs for over 250 years

haha

thanks, i understand that you completely accept him as a saint

good for you.

:)

<<not some preacher that everyone loves to hate.>>

yes

i love to hate him, i am not infallible to not hate someone. his stupidity cost lives of many youth, cost innocent childhood of many

he certainly is a character worth calling a saint :)

our Gurus used guns, why should we limit ourselves to the weapons available in their times? are we so backward a faith we cannot learn new weapons? :)

i used to hate him too. i thought he was a terrorist. then i met people who knew him personally, and listened to what they said. i read his speeches. i learned just how corrupt the indian media can be (in the early 80s there was a standing order not to print anything about bhindranwale without it being approved by the GOI first). after doing research, i'm changing my mind.

i don't think the western word "saint" is appropriate, because it has connotations of perfection, and obviously, someone who was so manipulated by indira was nowhere near perfect. however, the word "sant", which is used for many preachers in punjab, is appropriate. :)

i think he made a lot of mistakes, but i think that there's a lot of negative propaganda about him out there too.

(we'll address weapons later... i have to cook dinner. :) )

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
so why doesn't SGPC change with time and include Sikh must carry a gun as one of the K...not a kirpan but Kalishnikov...

what do you say for that..

so why a e sikhs so rigid then about 5 Ks?

lol

happy cooking !!

so why doesn't SGPC change with time and include Sikh must carry a gun as one of the K...not a kirpan but Kalishnikov...

LOL

I would actually convert if that change was made...just to see the look on peoples faces as I entered the room with a klashnikov.

The autocratic Bhindranwale had assumed singular jurisdiction over the guilt and innocence of a good portion of India's citizens. And to him lethal violence was a justified means of punishment for those whom he considered culpable. He was the legislature, executive and judiciary all rolled into one with complete disregard for the democratic concept and the separation of powers.

The result; the emergeance of an extremely divisive leader who never tolerated a voice of opposition. My views on him would be quite different if he were actually an elected representative...because he was politically involved on all levels. It adds a thick layer of materialism to his self constructed image of a "sant" or "preacher".

do I agree with how operation Blue Star was conducted...NO it could have been conducted with alot less bloodshed. Do I like Indira Gandhi...No ... she was horrible politician and I dont like Dynasties. Did I like Bhindranwale...HECK NO ... he was a tyrant that assumed the role of leader and voice of sikhi when he wasn't. he played with the sentiments of sikhs NEVER for anything positive or constructive (I never heard him say..lets work this out together).

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM