• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Taking Amrit

mannii

SPNer
Feb 23, 2011
am 15 and dont ut hair or eat meat, wake up early have bath do paat and try to lve like an amrithari....... i want to take amrit but am confused as to if i should wait until im older or take it now.
this is because i have heard stories of girls taaking amrit then breaking their promise because they couldnt keep it.
any suggestions views or help would be nice!
:happykudi:

hpannu

SPNer
Dec 17, 2007
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ ॥

Dear Manni - AMRIT is not something that you take or buy. In Punjabi we say Amrit Shakna hai taan Jaan deni peni hai. For centuries people were looking for Amrit - finding it everywhere in Mountains / Jungles so that they can be immortal. So that they can live for ever. But the AMRIT that GURU GOBIND SINGH JI gave us teaches us how to die ? it's the opposite of the Amrit that people for looking for.
Your 2nd question - when to AMRIT SHAKNA ? I would say the sooner you do it the better for you. As long as you can keep can Maryada associated with it. Meaning NITNEM and other banis daily - need dedication. You mentioned u r 15 years old now. We are considered to knowledgeable when we turn 13 years old. Any time before 13 is forgiven since we don't know what's good and bad. Any time after 13 is considered a waste if we don't do NAAM JAPNA.

Again only you can answer that call when you are ready for AMRIT ?

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH ॥

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM