• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Sword-wielding Sikhs Clash At Golden Temple

gur_meet

SPNer
Feb 3, 2010
India, Canada
Sword-wielding Sikhs clash at Golden Temple on Operation Bluestar anniversary; at least six injured

clash.jpg
Sikh groups clashed inside Golden Temple on Friday. (Source: Express photo by Rana Simranjit Singh)

Violent clashes between Sikh radicals and members of Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee Task Force (SGPC) at the highest temporal seat of Sikhs, inside the Golden Temple complex, marred the 30th anniversary of army operation Blue Star, which was carried out to flush out the Sikh militants from the shrine.
At least six persons including a police head constable were injured in the clashes, said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special) Harjit Singh Brar. As many as 21 persons were rounded up by the police, said Brar at the time of filing this report.
Unconfirmed reports said few more, including a minor and a woman, were also injured in the bloody clash following which tension continued to prevail inside Golden Temple for about two hours.
Trouble started when Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) chief Simranjit Singh Mann demanded to address the gathering from the rostrum of Akal Takht, but was denied by SGPC officials. A separate mike was arranged for Mann by his supporters and Mann managed to deliver his speech near the Akal Takht before leaving. The function organised by SGPC to honour families of those killed in operation Blue Star ended, and Akal Takht chief Giani Gurbachan Singh had finished his address when the trouble started.
Later on, a group of radicals brandished swords amid pro-Khalistani slogans. They also resorted to sloganeering against the SGPC and demanded that Akal Takht Jathedar should step down.
The Sikh radicals then caught hold of and thrashed the SGPC man who had denied the public address system to Mann. His turban fell off in the melee. Scores of SGPC task force men reached there in no time and rescued their colleague.
Soon after, the radicals barged into the Akal Takht brandishing swords. A violent clash between them and the SGPC task force ensued with both groups attacking each other with swords and sticks. The radicals were then chased out from the Akal Takht. Panic spread among those inside Golden Temple as members of both groups were seen chasing and attacking each other outside Akal Takht.
The SGPC task force made a human wall around the Akal Takht entrance after locking the door. Tensions were high despite police, dressed in plain clothes, led by Brar tried to broker peace between the two warring groups.
The Akal Takht chief later called the violence a handiwork of “agencies”. He added that the perpetrators behind the violence would be punished.
Heavy arrangements were made by police to maintain law and order in Amritsar. A bandh call given by the radical Sikh organisation Dal Khalsa to mark the 30th anniversary of operation Blue Star got good response as many shops and institutions remained shut.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...den-temple-on-operation-bluestar-anniversary/

Sep 19, 2013
Nottingham
Politician cowards disrespecting the dead of 1984. Hopefully they will be given the severe punishment they deserve.

The Mann Dal people shouldn't have seized the microphone. The SGPC shouldn't have viciously struck at them like that. The Mann Dal shouldn't have attacked back. The SGPC shouldn't have charged innocent people in the crowds with Lathis. All of the fighters are an embarrassment.

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
How embarrassing for Sikhs!

The people involved should realize that they are on a world stage and their actions impact Sikhs all over the globe.

How sad for this to happen at Sri Harmandir Sahib, and on this date.

Friends (non-Sikh) have been sending me the news links and asking me if this is what Sikhism is about. :(

Sigh

:(

AoG

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
Sangat ji, they found out it was 3 men from Shiv Sena Hindu radical group that caused the fight between two groups. Shiv Sena members said they were part of Mann's group and went up and took the mic from Akal Takht Jathedar. They found out under their dastaars they have had barely no hair. They did this because of their threats of Bhindranwale posters and were fed up. Some agency was behind this whole motive attack.

So do not let media confuse you as Jathedar right now spoke about the agencies behind this attack to divide the Sikhs and they have successfully achieved in making Sikhs look bad in media on the anniversary. I am very upset how they handled the situation with shastars. We Sikhs should know better by now.

It is sad to see the term Sikh radicals. As a panth we know that SGPC, Akali Dal, and Akal Takht Jathedar have not been doing anything big and been silent and now don't want sangat to mourn for justice over 1984. Sikhs really need to unite but first get rid of all the corrupt leaders.

Here are 3 videos everyone should watch.
http://dailysikhupdates.com/2014/06/06/jathedar-clash-work-of-agencies-to-cause-divisions/

Sep 19, 2013
Nottingham
Sangat ji, they found out it was 3 men from Shiv Sena Hindu radical group that caused the fight between two groups. Shiv Sena members said they were part of Mann's group and went up and took the mic from Akal Takht Jathedar. They found out under their dastaars they have had barely no hair. They did this because of their threats of Bhindranwale posters and were fed up. Some agency was behind this whole motive attack.

So do not let media confuse you as Jathedar right now spoke about the agencies behind this attack to divide the Sikhs and they have successfully achieved in making Sikhs look bad in media on the anniversary. I am very upset how they handled the situation with shastars. We Sikhs should know better by now.

Here are 3 videos everyone should watch.
http://dailysikhupdates.com/2014/06/06/jathedar-clash-work-of-agencies-to-cause-divisions/

Do you have proof of this?

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
Do you have proof of this?

If you click the link and listen to the first video of jathedar speaking of this. In the 3rd video is Simranjeet Mann speaking so of course Akali Dal wasn't behind this at all. Media does such a bad job portraying what took place at Akal Takht Sahib. I will find pictures of the Shiv Sena members give me a moment.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m6CdT6vAruk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'BADAL PARTY WANTS CONTROL OF AKAL TAKHT SAHIB AND GOLDEN TEMPLE"-H.S. Phoolka

Sep 19, 2013
Nottingham
If you click the link and listen to the first video of jathedar speaking of this. In the 3rd video is Simranjeet Mann speaking so of course Akali Dal wasn't behind this at all. Media does such a bad job portraying what took place at Akal Takht Sahib. I will find pictures of the Shiv Sena members give me a moment.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m6CdT6vAruk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't understand Panjabi, sorry. Neither do the various other people who I am in contact with who are interested in these developments. Do you have an English translation at hand?

'BADAL PARTY WANTS CONTROL OF AKAL TAKHT SAHIB AND GOLDEN TEMPLE"-H.S. Phoolka
What do you mean by this quote?

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
THE SHAME FUL_besharam-beheza-indecent -nilaji-hoologanistic behavior of SIKHS at the Harmander sahib today on the anniversary of 1984-It was in such circumstances that The Harmander sahib was fortified and led the Indian army to attack.Over the years Sikhs have managed to play the victims and exposed the atrocities of the Indian Government, often hiding their own part in bringing that attack upon ,by playing dirty politics and infighting--
Of course, it is habitual line to blame another agency!!

BUT to day they have again displayed that uncivilised and shameful behaviour with NO respect to the Harmander sahib and drawn swords upon each other.

It is a miracle no one was killed, BUT I WONDER who will they blame for todays actions.A very shameful day in Sikh history, with what face will they tell the world that they are a peaceful community now?

THis was not peaceful act.This was a very uncivilised and hooliganistic act.Watching the video hangs my head in shame seeing these so called saint soldiers behaving not so saintly and more like gangsters in the MOST HOLIEST SHRINE of SIKHISM>shame, shame upon this hooligans.Shame we have to witness such again by our own.I guess they will now blame MODI!

Maan or SGPC-none should have behaved in the manner they behaved.The whole issue should not have taken place.

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
THE SHAME FUL_besharam-beheza-indecent -nilaji-hoologanistic behavior of SIKHS at the Harmander sahib today on the anniversary of 1984-It was in such circumstances that The Harmander sahib was fortified and led the Indian army to attack.Over the years Sikhs have managed to play the victims and exposed the atrocities of the Indian Government, often hiding their own part in bringing that attack upon ,by playing dirty politics and infighting--
Of course, it is habitual line to blame another agency!!

BUT to day they have again displayed that uncivilised and shameful behaviour with NO respect to the Harmander sahib and drawn swords upon each other.

It is a miracle no one was killed, BUT I WONDER who will they blame for todays actions.A very shameful day in Sikh history, with what face will they tell the world that they are a peaceful community now?

THis was not peaceful act.This was a very uncivilised and hooliganistic act.Watching the video hangs my head in shame seeing these so called saint soldiers behaving not so saintly and more like gangsters in the MOST HOLIEST SHRINE of SIKHISM>shame, shame upon this hooligans.Shame we have to witness such again by our own.I guess they will now blame MODI!

Maan or SGPC-none should have behaved in the manner they behaved.The whole issue should not have taken place.

If it wasn't for Shiv Sena this wouldn't of happened. They caused this havoc so it happened. They just took up shastars and were going against either. It is a shame that they did this act I agree. All the corrupt leaders need to get thrown out of our Panth or else we will be silent for many years to come.

By that quote I mean is Badal wants full control of everything as AAP wants to fight against the drug menace. Badal won't allow it and he wants to make sure that all the Sikhs fighting for justice won't get anything.

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
I can't understand Panjabi, sorry. Neither do the various other people who I am in contact with who are interested in these developments. Do you have an English translation at hand?

What do you mean by this quote?

I couldn't clearly hear his Punjabi as he is literally mumbling words but he clears up the situation saying that those who did it will be charged also something else but also the video says Simranjeet Mann confessed he had nothing to do with it and the Jathedar says that Simranjeet Mann has been cleared by him for being innocent in this situation. Hopefully media gets the real story covered as all I see is Sikhs fighting Sikhs but it was those Undercover Sikhs who started the havoc. So basically Akali Dal had nothing to do with the havoc, but there are still questions to be answered.

The quote is pretty clear itself. Badal wants full control over everything. He has been oppressing the Sikhs and been in charge of the drug menace. There are very few fighting for Sikhs justics including Phoolka but theres too much politics in Punjab.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM