• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Strikes Over High Gas Prices Spread Across India

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005
(CNN) -- Strikes fueled by higher prices for gasoline, diesel and kerosene spread across sections of India on Monday, disrupting rail and port traffic in some areas.
Officials reported trains were largely empty in the Indian financial capital of Mumbai, where protests by Hindu nationalist opposition activists often bring the city to a halt.
Indian railway spokesman Anil Saxena said the eastern parts of the country were the hardest hit.

In detail and Video -->Strikes over high gas prices spread across India - CNN.com

Vikram singh

SPNer
Feb 24, 2005
Band is unfortunate. But this UPA government has NO CONTROL on anything. We have a proxy Primire Minister, the real one is working in the background. In India no one obey government rules because the government is useless, it’s corrupt. The suffering of common people continues. The essence of democracy is butchered,By forcing bandh ,the person is not allowing my right to work, the pregnant women and other ill victims are not allowed to go to hospitals,dictating terms at whims and fancy of goondas, and political mafias.The law supports them making it legal is another clumsy juditiary.Is this the freedom that i asked for or nay e3ducated dreamt off.can any one explain what freedom is to this medival ,tribal society.educated highly qualified parlimentaians and assembly are in single digits and the rest are facing criminal charges and this law drags it till his death as these very crooks are influencing law at there whims and fancy.mera bharat mahan is to me like mera bharat junglee desh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It was only a matter of time. Following this story in the Indian newspapers for several weeks, one can only marvel that this was not front and center last week. That is when I thought I would be reading this kind of story. There is a limit to what people, ordinary people trying to work and feed their families, can endure.

I do think however Vikram ji you need to be a little more specific about political mafias and goondas for the sake of people who are not in India and would not have a context for how they fit into the big picture.

Economies all over the world are failing right now. The list is not short. I know this is not easy to talk about in a neutral and detailed way. Sometimes being "neutral" is crazy. However, if there are special political issues that are problematic for India, it would be helpful to have more details.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM