• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Story Of Durga?

mehargags

SPNer
Jan 4, 2005
Ok i heard this story that once durga is hiding away from some 2 demons & gone to some mountains.Where Guru Tegh bahadur ji was on samdhi & he assures durga that nothing happen to her in his custody, then demons came Guru ji sitting on loin Skin.He standup from it put tht khal in hand te ohnu Chadiya ohde vich ik shakti nikli Jinna ne ohna Demons nu maar ditta,
After this durga came out & thanku guru ji & saying that in future u will make a relegion who name as Khalsa (bec. it is loin Khal from which that shakti came)

Is this from Dasam GRanth & if yes from which part so that i want to know katha of it
So plz anybudy Put light:idea: on this topic
plz thx

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: durga di story ?

mehargags said:
Ok i heard this story that once durga is hiding away from some 2 demons & gone to some mountains.Where Guru Tegh bahadur ji was on samdhi & he assures durga that nothing happen to her in his custody, then demons came Guru ji sitting on loin Skin.He standup from it put tht khal in hand te ohnu Chadiya ohde vich ik shakti nikli Jinna ne ohna Demons nu maar ditta,
After this durga came out & thanku guru ji & saying that in future u will make a relegion who name as Khalsa (bec. it is loin Khal from which that shakti came)

Is this from Dasam GRanth & if yes from which part so that i want to know katha of it
So plz anybudy Put light:idea: on this topic
plz thx

this post appeared wrord for word on tapoban Forum as well BUT under another name....RAMAN. I wonder why the Duality in identity ??

GURBANI urges us to ABANDON DUALITY....maybe a few thousand Panktees in Guru Granth say this !!!.

Now to this "durga" story... GURU GOBIND SINGH JI pargat karo the KHALSA as AKAAL PURAKH KI FAUJ...with the express permisiion of WAHEGURU. It is universally accepted that "WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH." pargitiyo khlasa akal purakh ki MAUJ..at God's PLEASURE..and not due to any durga or shiva or anything else.

The durga story appears in Suraj parkash probably put in by the autor on his own under bigger brahmin infuences.

Jarnail singh

Last edited by a moderator:

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Satsriakal to all and mehargags Ji!

Truth is the true realization.

Stories are never truth.

Do you know why there are so many story tellers in the world?

Please ponder over it.

Our Gurus talk the Truth.

Our Gurus did not write one story book.

Balbir Singh

Aug 20, 2005
WGJK WGJF

I read the post about Durga Story and thought to post a reply according to my little understanding which Guru has given. With Wahegurus Grace and pleasant coincidence I have just finished reading a book named " Dasam Garanth Darpan" written by Giani Bhag Singh ji Ambala.

In this book author has been very honest and tried to differentiate Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Bani from other Bramhmanical Stories in the light of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jis Bani.

According to Sikh Theologists Quoted in the book following things came out:-

The Durga Story is from Dasam Granth, and it comes under name of "Bachitar Natak". Dasam Granth has only 5 Banis from Guru Gobind Singh ji i.e Jap Sahib,33 Swaiyee (Leaving last Few Questions) , Jafarnama, Akal Ustat, Shabad Hajare. Bachitar Natak isnt one of these five.

Other writtings are from two main kavis Ram Kavi and Sham Kavi, They were wroshipper of Mahakal and Devi Bhawani or Durga. In order to prove that Guru Gobind Singh ji also worshipped these dities, two SAKATMATI KAVIS, Ram and Sham, used Guru's name as heading in all the writtings in order to show that these were written by GURU. They wrote all the stories like Bachitar Natak and Charitarpokiyan which is full of filth and dirty stories of intimate male female relations.

Even on reading them first time the reader can clearly note the thought difference between Guru Ji's Bani and Other Kavi's Writting. Its because of lack of responsible action taking and ineffciencies of Sikh organisation like SGPC that some people are now-a-days quoting "DASAM Garanth" parallel to "Sri Guru Garanth Sahib ji". We need to be aware of these sinister designs of evil thinking people who want to assimilate the Sikhi into idol or Diety Worshippers.

These are the most summarised things I can write in this matter. Anybody more interested to search into it can get the above mentioned and book and read it. Its in Punjabi and local gurudawara's might have it in their library.

Bul Chuk di Maffi

WGJK WGJF

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Satsriakal to all and 'Learning Sikhi' Ji!

Please do not try to raise a false image.
Truth has not ascended on earth because a writer, Giani Bhag Singh Ambala, has written a book named 'Dasam Granth Darpan'.

You wrote "According to Sikh Theologists Quoted in the book following things came out:-
The Durga Story is from Dasam Granth, and it comes under name of "Bachitar Natak". Dasam Granth has only 5 Banis from Guru Gobind Singh ji i.e Jap Sahib,33 Swaiyee (Leaving last Few Questions) ,Jafarnama, Akal Ustat, Shabad Hajare. Bachitar Natak isnt one of these five."

Truth never depends on theologies.
Also, no theologist (Pandit of a religion) has ever found Truth.
Gurbani has many times quoted such Pandits.

Why can't these theologists accept that they have not understood Guru's words?

Here are few words for the curiosity of all true Seekers.

What Guru Gobind Singh Ji sang in ecstasy is the realization of the Truth.
Gurbani of our Gurus has mentioned the same Truth in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

With true Jap or Simran of Nam or Sabad the seeker goes through all that is mentioned in
Dasam Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
Our Gurus have mentioned the stages of the development of our conscious mind those take place with JAP or Simran.

I hope and wish that true seekers do not try to discuss these like theologists.

They should rather long for true Jap or Simran and realize the Truth.

Love.

Balbir Singh

Last edited:

mehargags

SPNer
Jan 4, 2005
Gyani Jarnail Singh Veerji i am the one only who have posted @ tapoban also

Acha veero te bheno i found some author titles who have done phd on Dasam Granth & proved that It Is by Guru Gobind Singh Ji
If anybody readed it plz share with us

Dasam Granth Sahib Kisne Banaiya? By Bhai Bishan Singh
Dasmesh Darpan ("Mirror of the Tenth Guru") by Bhai Sher Singh
Dasme Patshah Ji ka Granth da Itihas by Bhai Randhir Singhs
Dasam Granth Roop te Ras by Dr. Taran Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
gurfateh

So plz anybudy Put light
on this topic
plz thx

Das is sorry for long absense here as he was away with some work.
Anyway regarding this story it is NOT in Dasham Granth and there must not be jumping of the guns like S Bhag Singh Ji Ambala did and Respected S. Gurbax Singh Ji Kala Afghana are doing.Without understanding both Guru Granth sahib Ji and Dasham Granth Sahib Ji.
Large part of Dasham Granth is online at gobinsadan and sikhnet part.
Das is not arguing that if Dasham Granth is writtan by Guru but that it is writtan as per Gurmat and not by a foe of Panth.
Coming back to story it is found both in Mangal Prakash(Sau Sakhi) and Bijai mukt Sakhi 10th(500 Sakhi's only reamaing part).
This not writtan by Guru and Guru ji are quoted and both the storeirs in both books are not the same but with waste differance as in Mangal Praksah it was Man Dusht Daman who ermerged while perhaps other says of a Leoprad or lion.
DAS OPINE THAT THIS STORY IS SOMETHING WHICH WE NEED TO BE LEAST BOTHERED. Reason being that onl;y those cults who instead of preaching Gurmat idealogy prefer to preach personal miracles like food going in jail(as if Sikhs and Sikhnis who tolrated hunger in the jail of meer Mannu were sinner) tend to encourage such fairy tails.
Well weather this story is true or false.IT gives us a straight message.
Jagat Mata(mother of universe as per them) of Hindus need help of worshipper of Akal.So she might have served the worshipper of Akal.
So for us we need nver worship any godess or god but God of Gods Akal.
There are mnay myths which are been spread about Dasham Granth and Raag Mala in past and in present by Anti Sikh foreces.Das is pointing towrads Arya Samajis and Some guys from Sangh.Das request that Singhs like S Gurbax Singh Ji and his supporters must counter them instead of running away or denying that these propondana is coorect but this is not bani.
When foe attack land claiming it.Brave is won who takes over the land of agressor and not the one who says that this land is not ours.
Perhaps hindutva people need to understand holy Vedas first and holy Puranas before commenting on our scriptures.

Das would like to say that Akal is omni potant ie can do any thing liked by Akal.It can act in beast as beast are Akal’s form so we can have Akal in elements working to do something helping us.

It can not be ruled out that fropm no where Akal can take the shape of Brahma,Vishnu,Mahesh,Gabreil,Michael,Durga,Shkra,Vinyaka etc. and even if you see them we need to understand that they are only temporary froms and only permanent is Akal.(IK KAAL AKAL SADAIV HAI)only Akal,the one in Time is eternal(Vachitar Natak).

So even if Das sees any supernatural feature of Sematic or eastern Faiths due to the Bani of Guru in Dasham Granth Das will still have faith in truth who is Akal,Who is in all.
And that is the crux of that story.

To be clear story states that in old age demons attacked devi and she took refuge to a sage worshipper of Akal,who by might of worship let Man come out of his clothing below the belt made up of Tiger Hide. That man destroyed demons.

Devi said thank and commited herself to serve the creed,who would follow sage(who was to be Ninth Master) and that Man(who was to be the son of Sage as Tenth Master).

Till then Sage tells Man to do worship at Hemkunt.As Man killed evil so he was named Dusht(Evil’s) Daman(oppressor).

Here we have got a a mesasage of contemporaryhistory.Demons ie fantics of Jihadi Auranga(Aurangzeb) were oppressing humanity(Devi) who could be hindus,bohra sunnis,shia,Budhist,Jains or Sikhs.

They were saved by a Sage who have his skin,his head and his life and from that does Dushat Daman Khalsa emerged.That’s all and that’s it.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
wjkk
wjkf

vijaydeep singh ji thank god you are back.i read many of you posts
and i am your fan.you doing excellent work.

i have a question about dasam granth which only a person like you can answer in the end of the chandi di var guru gobind singh ji wrote

All the Pauris (stanza) of this DURGA PATH (The text about the exploits of Durga) have been composed;

??? ? ???? ??? ??? ?? ???? ????
??? ? ???? ??? ??? ?? ???? ????
And that person who sings it, will not take birth again.55.
on the other hand it is written in guru granth sahib not to worship goddess

mahaa maa-ee kee poojaa karai.
One who worships the Great Goddess Maya

nr sY nwir hoie AauqrY ]3] (874-15, goNf, Bgq nwmdyv jI)
nar sai naar ho-ay a-utarai. ||3||
will be reincarnated as a woman, and not a man. ||3||

qU khIAq hI Awid BvwnI ] (874-15, goNf, Bgq nwmdyv jI)
too kahee-at hee aad bhavaanee.
You are called the Primal Goddess.

mukiq kI brIAw khw CpwnI ]4] (874-16, goNf, Bgq nwmdyv jI)
mukat kee baree-aa kahaa chhapaanee. ||4||
At the time of liberation, where will you hide then? ||4||

please tell me why are they contradictory. i will be very grate ful to you if you answer my question

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das will be very much obliged that the verses as a whole could have been givne whith the page nos.

Anyway Das would like to have those verses in actual Sanskrit/Braj/Punjabi or Farsi.

Well there should not be any seco d question that No where in the Dasham Granth it is writtan to worship Devi.

Adi Guru Granth Sahib Ji clearly state that who so ever will worship Devi will be reborn as a women.

Then if it is writtan that if some reads 'Durga Patth' will not be reborn has message hidden here itself.

As we read the Charitar of Devi in Chandi Chairtar or other verses in fact in Triya Charitar also Devis like Chandi,Radh etc who are regarded as godess inn hindus are termed as women.As Vachitar Natak also says that by deeds only man is god or demon.

SO WRITING IF AT ALL IT MEANS THAT BY BY READING SO CALLED DURGA PATH ONE IS NOT REBORN AS ANSWER FROM ADI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI THEMSELVES.

A PERSON WHO WILL READ DASHAM GURUS BANI WILL NOT WORSHIP ANY god or godess AS THEY ARE TERMED AS AVTARS OR INCARNATIONS OR BORN WHILE AKAL IS AJUNI OR NEVER BORN BUT ETERNAL.

SO AFTER READING BANI OF TENTH MASTER NO ONE WILL WORSHIP DEVI BUT AKAL SO WILLNOT BE REBORN AS WOMEN BUT WILL BE ONE WITH AKAL.AKAL BLESS.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
wjkk
wjkf

the page no.of dasam granth is 325 where it is written that person who sing chandi di vaar will not take birth again

also please tell me about another quote from dasam granth

sagal jagat mein Khalsa panth gajje |

jage dharam Hindu sakal dand bhajai |

Translation : "Let the Khalsa panth (sect) become popular all over the world and let the Hindu Dharam (religion) wake up (or be enlighten) and all the bad ones run away." - Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji

on a hindu website a person was trying to prove that sikhs are hindus because of this quote .i was unable to answer him.also this quote is in ugradanti i have,nt read that because it is not available on internet

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das will read this Chandi Matter Again But is again repeating that Guru tells that Chandi is is women and not a deity and will not help and hence must not worshipped so by reading this we will not worship women or Mahamai and will not be reborn.

Then caome the Ugrandi Bani.

It is not included in Manna Singh/Dr Jodh Singh Version of
Dasham Granth ie with 1428 pages.

But Nihungs and Namdhari Sing it.

And like fool Hindus qoute it.

Any way the correct verses are like that

Sakal Jagat Main Panth Khalsa Gaje

Jage Dharam Hindak Turk Dundh Bhaje

Translation as per Gurmat and Nihuings as follow.

When in whole World Khalsa Panth will Roar(Spread)

Dhram(Righousness) of hindus(Indians)(which is sleeeping) will be awaken and Mist(of ignorance) in Turks will also runaway/Broken.

Here it has been told that ultimatly Panth Khalsa will uplift Hindus and Turks aftering subduing them and perhaps cinverting them.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das has seen the 325 page of offical versioan of Shri Dasham Granth Sahib Ji.

That part has no Devi at all there but is dealing with Krishna Avtar or incarnation of so called mythical lord Krishna.

Das request you to visit gobindsadan.org and there we have in libray section the whole of the Dasham Granth but perhpas without the last part of Asphotak Kavya after Hiqayats.

If you could find those verse regarding Devi you can post that link and das will explain that to you.

Thanks for the kind words.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Well Thanks a lot.

Here Guru wants to teach us that when even a Lady as per old legend can destory much more mighty demons than Hindu Paharis or Muslims Moghuls at that time so why can not we fight our foes with full zeal.

You have asked that

ਦੁਰਗਾ ਪਾਠ ਬਣਾਇਆ ਸਭੇ ਪਉੜੀਆਂ ॥
दुरगा पाठ बणाइआ सभे पउड़ीआं ॥
All the Pauris (stanza) of this DURGA PATH (The text about the exploits of Durga) have been composed;

ਫੇਰ ਨ ਜੂਨੀ ਆਇਆ ਜਿਨ ਇਹ ਗਾਇਆ ॥੫੫॥
फेर न जूनी आइआ जिन इह गाइआ ॥५५॥

Weather it is against Gurmat or Not and weather it is an attempt of Brahimns to crrupt us.

Here term Sing is used that means that after someone reads and Sings then will may not be reborn.

Here we need to understand that Guru is trying to let this thing be understood to us and singing will be only of such use if we understand that.

And that comes just from the start of the same

Das would like you to see the start of the same chapter ie 5th athe link

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=297

As you have given the end of it in your post.
ਮੁਖ ਭਾਗ 5
मुख भाग 5
CHAPTER 5

ਚੰਡੀ ਦੀ ਵਾਰ
चंडी दी वार
NAME OF THE BANI.

ੴ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ॥
ੴ वाहिगुरू जी की फतह ॥
The Lord is one and the Victory is of the Lord.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਜੀ ਸਹਾਇ ॥
स्री भगउती जी सहाइ ॥
May SRI BHAGAUTI JI (The Sword) be Helpful.

ਵਾਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਜੀ ਕੀ ॥ ਪਾਤਸਾਹੀ ੧੦ ॥
वार स्री भगउती जी की ॥ पातसाही १० ॥
The Heroic Poem of Sri Bhagauti Ji (Goddess Durga). (By) Th Tenth Kingg (Guru).

ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਭਗੌਤੀ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਕੈ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਈਂ ਧਿਆਇ ॥
प्रिथम भगौती सिमरि कै गुरु नानक लईं धिआइ ॥
In the beginning I remember Bhagauti, the Lord (Whose symbol is the sword and then I remember Guru Nanak.

ਫਿਰ ਅੰਗਦ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਅਮਰਦਾਸੁ ਰਾਮਦਾਸੈ ਹੋਈਂ ਸਹਾਇ ॥
फिर अंगद गुर ते अमरदासु रामदासै होईं सहाइ ॥
Then I remember Guru Arjan, Guru Amar Das and Guru Ram Das, may they be helpful to me.
http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=298
[SIZE=-1]Previous[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Sri Dasam Granth Sahib; Displaying page of 1478 Home[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Next[/SIZE]
ਅਰਜਨ ਹਰਿਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨੋ ਸਿਮਰੌ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਹਰਿਰਾਇ ॥
अरजन हरिगोबिंद नो सिमरौ स्री हरिराइ ॥
Then I remember Guru Arjan, Guru Hargobind and Guru Har Rai.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਜਿਸ ਡਿਠੇ ਸਭਿ ਦੁਖਿ ਜਾਇ ॥
स्री हरि किशन धिआईऐ जिस डिठे सभि दुखि जाइ ॥
(After them) I remember Guru Har Kishan, by whose sight all the sufferings vanish.

ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਸਿਮਰਿਐ ਘਰ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਆਵੈ ਧਾਇ ॥
तेग बहादर सिमरिऐ घर नउ निधि आवै धाइ ॥
Then I do remember Guru Tegh Bahadur, though whose Grace the nine treasures come running to my house.

ਸਭ ਥਾਈਂ ਹੋਇ ਸਹਾਇ ॥੧॥
सभ थाईं होइ सहाइ ॥१॥
May they be helpful to me everywhere.1.

ਪਉੜੀ ॥
पउड़ी ॥
PAURI

ਖੰਡਾ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸਾਜ ਕੈ ਜਿਨ ਸਭ ਸੈਸਾਰੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
खंडा प्रिथमै साज कै जिन सभ सैसारु उपाइआ ॥
At first the Lord created the double-edged sword and then He created the whole world.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਦਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਰਚਾਇ ਬਣਾਇਆ ॥
ब्रहमा बिसनु महेस साजि कुदरति दा खेलु रचाइ बणाइआ ॥
He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and then created the play of Nature.

ਸਿੰਧ ਪਰਬਤ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਬਿਨੁ ਥੰਮ੍ਹਾ ਗਗਨਿ ਰਹਾਇਆ ॥
सिंध परबत मेदनी बिनु थम्हा गगनि रहाइआ ॥
He created the oceans, mountains and the earth made the sky stable without columns.

ਸਿਰਜੇ ਦਾਨੋ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬਾਦੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥
सिरजे दानो देवते तिन अंदरि बादु रचाइआ ॥
He created the demons and gods and caused strife between them.

ਤੈ ਹੀ ਦੁਰਗਾ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੈ ਦੈਤਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਸੁ ਕਰਾਇਆ ॥
तै ही दुरगा साजि कै दैता दा नासु कराइआ ॥
O Lord! By creating Durga, Thou hast caused the destruction of demons.

ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਲੁ ਰਾਮ ਲੈ ਨਾਲ ਬਾਣਾ ਦਹਸਿਰੁ ਘਾਇਆ ॥
तैथों ही बलु राम लै नाल बाणा दहसिरु घाइआ ॥
Rama received power from Thee and he killed Ravana with arrows.

ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਲੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਲੈ ਕੰਸੁ ਕੇਸੀ ਪਕੜਿ ਗਿਰਾਇਆ ॥
तैथों ही बलु क्रिसन लै कंसु केसी पकड़ि गिराइआ ॥
Krishna received power from Thee and he threw down Kansa by catching his hair.

ਬਡੇ ਬਡੇ ਮੁਨਿ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਕਈ ਜੁਗ ਤਿਨੀ ਤਨੁ ਤਾਇਆ ॥
बडे बडे मुनि देवते कई जुग तिनी तनु ताइआ ॥
The great sages and gods, even practising great austerities for several ages;

ਕਿਨੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥
किनी तेरा अंतु न पाइआ ॥२॥
None could know Thy end.2.
http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=299

ਸਾਧੂ ਸਤਜੁਗੁ ਬੀਤਿਆ ਅਧ ਸੀਲੀ ਤ੍ਰੇਤਾ ਆਇਆ ॥
साधू सतजुगु बीतिआ अध सीली त्रेता आइआ ॥
The saintly Satyuga (the age of Truth) passed away and the Treta age of semi-righteousness came.

ਨੱਚੀ ਕਲ ਸਰੋਸਰੀ ਕਲ ਨਾਰਦ ਡਉਰੂ ਵਾਇਆ ॥
नची कल सरोसरी कल नारद डउरू वाइआ ॥
The discord danced over all the heads and Kal and Narad sounded their tabor.

ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ਉਤਾਰਨ ਦੇਵਤਿਆਂ ਮਹਿਖਾਸੁਰ ਸੁੰਭ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
अभिमानु उतारन देवतिआं महिखासुर सु्मभ उपाइआ ॥
Mahishasura and Sumbh were created for removing the pride of the gods.

ਜੀਤਿ ਲਏ ਤਿਨ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਤਿਹ ਲੋਕੀ ਰਾਜੁ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥
जीति लए तिन देवते तिह लोकी राजु कमाइआ ॥
They conquered the gods and ruled over the three worlds.

ਵੱਡਾ ਬੀਰੁ ਅਖਾਇ ਕੈ ਸਿਰ ਉਪਰ ਛਤ੍ਰੁ ਫਿਰਾਇਆ ॥
वडा बीरु अखाइ कै सिर उपर छत्रु फिराइआ ॥
He was called a great hero and had a canopy moving over his head.

ਦਿੱਤਾ ਇੰਦ੍ਰੁ ਨਿਕਾਲ ਕੈ ਤਿਨ ਗਿਰ ਕੈਲਾਸੁ ਤਕਾਇਆ ॥
दिता इंद्रु निकाल कै तिन गिर कैलासु तकाइआ ॥
Indra was turned out of his kingdom and he looked towards the Kailash mountain.

ਡਰਿ ਕੈ ਹੱਥੇ ਦਾਨਵੀ ਦਿਲ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਤ੍ਰਾਸੁ ਵਧਾਇਆ ॥
डरि कै हथे दानवी दिल अंदरि त्रासु वधाइआ ॥
Frightened by the demons, the element of fear grew enormously in his heart;

ਪਾਸ ਦੁਰਗਾ ਦੇ ਇੰਦ੍ਰੁ ਆਇਆ ॥੩॥
पास दुरगा दे इंद्रु आइआ ॥३॥
He came, therefore to Durga.3.
And so on and so forth.

Das wanted you to understand this.
page 297

admits that who is the God.
ੴ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ॥
ੴ वाहिगुरू जी की फतह ॥
The Lord is one and the Victory is of the Lord.

Then on 297 we have clearly wittan

ਤੈ ਹੀ ਦੁਰਗਾ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੈ ਦੈਤਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਸੁ ਕਰਾਇਆ ॥
तै ही दुरगा साजि कै दैता दा नासु कराइआ ॥
O Lord! By creating Durga, Thou hast caused the destruction of demons.

We need to rember that this crerator is already been writtan to have created Three gods and incarnation etc see above.

This God is limitless

ਕਿਨੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥
किनी तेरा अंतु न पाइआ ॥२॥
None could know Thy end.2.

page 299
gives Basic essance of Gurmat(Same is in Holy Bible also that I Make Good and evil and bring War and Peace and do all and so in Old Aryan Books but they do not follow).

Ie Evil is also made by God.

ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ਉਤਾਰਨ ਦੇਵਤਿਆਂ ਮਹਿਖਾਸੁਰ ਸੁੰਭ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
अभिमानु उतारन देवतिआं महिखासुर सु्मभ उपाइआ ॥
Mahishasura and Sumbh were created for removing the pride of the gods.

Rest is full of deeds of War between Durga a creation of Akal and evil demons another crreation of Akal.

This gives us a message that both Good and evil are Akal creation and we need not fear evil or run away but confront it.

ਦੁਰਗਾ ਪਾਠ ਬਣਾਇਆ ਸਭੇ ਪਉੜੀਆਂ ॥
दुरगा पाठ बणाइआ सभे पउड़ीआं ॥

ਫੇਰ ਨ ਜੂਨੀ ਆਇਆ ਜਿਨ ਇਹ ਗਾਇਆ ॥੫੫॥
फेर न जूनी आइआ जिन इह गाइआ ॥५५॥

Then what you have asked.

This last lines says that after reading and understanding it we will behold that Devi is only an creation and not a God if at all it is. and in the same way evil is also the creation so can be destroyed and not at all premanent.

This was the use of the story that let us know that gods and godess's are nothing but creations and not to be worshipped.

In Guru Granth Sahib Ji we have Anand Sahib where Sikhs are invited to come and Singh the True Bani.

Aho Sikh Satguru Ke Pyareo Gao Sachi Bani.

Here singing does not means to sing mechanicaly but to understand.

And by mercy of Realisation(Nadir Karam of God) it is embbeded in heart(Hyerdye Tina Samani).

So we need to understand that here term Singing is not for mechanicaql singing but to understand the whole Var togather which is clearly telling that God is the one who creates Devi and so Devi is not to be worshipped but Vahiguru has to be and if someone understand it in FULL ie From Start to end will never be reborn as he/seh will understand that God is Akal and not the Devi.

likewise in Gurbani Of Guru Granth Sahib Ji we have term Guna Gvan Din Raat(Sing the glory Day and Night),Gun Gavan Nit Tere(Sing glory of your day and night).

All here means singing after understanding and not the litral meaning of singing meachnicaly.

Allthough it is in Punajbi and Gayeeya means to sing so is in hindi.

In Nagri scrip it must be writtan as GAAYA.

But it may also means Gahiya it trevelled or understood.

but do we have any examples of such where H is not writtan and A replces it That Das just want to see.(an example where H is used and ingnored in term to get or Pavana ie on page 5 of Guru Granth Sahib JI
swlwhI swlwih eyqI suriq n pweIAw ] The praisers praise the Lord, but they do not obtain intuitive understanding swlwhI swlwih EqI suriq n pweéAw ] saalaahee saalaahi aytee surat na paa-ee-aa. ndIAw AqY vwh pvih smuMid n jwxIAih ] -the streams and rivers flowing into the ocean do not know its vastness. ndIAw AqY vwh pvih smuNid n jwxIAih ] nadee-aa atai vaah pavahi samund na jaanee-ahi.
)

Another is at Ang 9

which as followAwiK Qky kImiq nhI pweI ] people have grown weary, but they have not been able to evaluate it. AwiK Qky kImiq nhI pweé ] aakh thakay keemat nahee paa-ee. jy siB imil kY AwKx pwih ] Even if everyone were to gather together and speak of Him, jy siB imil kY AwKx pwih ] jay sabh mil kai aakhan paahi. We can see that H can be silent in term to get or Payee or Pahi

Later on we even have term
ਚਉਦਹ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਛਾਇਆ ਜਸੁ ਜਗਮਾਤ ਦਾ ॥
चउदह लोकां छाइआ जसु जगमात दा ॥
The praise of the mother of the universe spread over all the fourteen worlds.

Just before word you give here Jagmat is Akal and not Durga as she was created by Ik Onkar.

(Note Page numbering as per official Version is not the same it is 127 there).

Last edited by a moderator:

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
why is anyone even intereted in this story? the gurus preached that there is one god and that we should worship him. contemplation of any other misguided stories leads to misguided ideas. id rather not take the risk.

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
why is anyone even intereted in this story? the gurus preached that there is one god and that we should worship him. contemplation of any other misguided stories leads to misguided ideas. id rather not take the risk.

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
why is anyone even intereted in this story? the gurus preached that there is one god and that we should worship him. contemplation of stories such as this one lead to misguided ideas which may coincide with those of the RSS and HSS who are daily filling indias residents heads with garbage about how sikhism and hindusim are similar. this all with the prime aim of weakening sikhs and undermining our beliefs. although it was preached that all religions including hinduism should be respected, and righlty so as the granth sahib acknowleges the existence of hindu gods, the gurus frowned upon rituals and idol and the worshipping of other gods, the worship of the one true God and none other was preached.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

why is anyone even intereted in this story? the gurus preached that there is one god and that we should worship him. contemplation of stories such as this one lead to misguided ideas which may coincide with those of the RSS and HSS who are daily filling indias residents heads with garbage about how sikhism and hindusim are similar. this all with the prime aim of weakening sikhs and undermining our beliefs. although it was preached that all religions including hinduism should be respected, and righlty so as the granth sahib acknowleges the existence of hindu gods, the gurus frowned upon rituals and idol and the worshipping of other gods, the worship of the one true God and none other was preached.

If we see Guru Granth Sahib Ji,Gurbani is there time and again push for proving demigods if any are lesser then Akal.So sometime it even proves demigods in service of true Sikhs.

Durga serving Guru or Sikhs just wants to prove this and real Durga or powers or Attributes of her are in Akal only.

It is an attempt of Sikhs to convert Hindus to Gurmat,rather then what we fear now ie other way round,perhaps due to lack of faith in power of our unique and unprecedented idealogy.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and sikh78910 Ji!

God is in all. All is God.

Quote "why is anyone even intereted in this story?"
It is similar when the world and God became interested in sikh78910.

Quote "the gurus preached that there is one god and that we should worship him."
What should those do who have not come to know one God? I have heard God is in all his diversities also.

Quote "contemplation of stories such as this one lead to misguided ideas which may coincide with those of the RSS and HSS who are daily filling indias residents heads with garbage about how sikhism and hindusim are similar."
Everybody is unique, also his religion. They are unique because God and all his creation are Truth. Everything remains unique until all merges into ONE by HIS Grace.
What is about people who are daily filling our heads with the garbage? 'Do not go there. They are different. Please be with us, human beings.'
Great is the day when one starts wondering the WILL behind force that palpitates in all without prejudicing.

Quote "this all with the prime aim of weakening sikhs and undermining our beliefs."
Gurus never suggested us to live in beliefs but Truth. Only preachers ask the folk to believe.

Quote "although it was preached that all religions including hinduism should be respected, and righlty so as the granth sahib acknowleges the existence of hindu gods,"
I wish no one ever forgets it.

Quote "the gurus frowned upon rituals and idol and the worshipping of other gods, the worship of the one true God and none other was preached."
I feel there are only God and His activities. Other does not exist. Durga is also one of God's activity. HE helps winning Devas against Demons within when God wills so.

By the way Durga is not a Hindu. I asked Her. She told me that She is a true Sikh. She has learned to follow God's Hukam.

Balbir Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM