• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sri Guru Granth Sahib: Review Of ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ (gur Parsāḏ)

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Part of a series to review ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥/Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯ nām karṯā purakẖ nirbẖa▫o nirvair akāl mūraṯ ajūnī saibẖaʼn gur parsāḏ.

ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ

Phonetics:

ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ (gur parsāḏ)

ArQ/ Meaning:

ArQ:ਗੁਰਾਂ ਦੀ ਦਯਾ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਉਹ ਪਰਾਪਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ।

Meaning: The creator is only understandable through blessing of the same

Application: How can the creator be understood, ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ (gur parsāḏ) through blessing of the creator.

This is kind of self explanatory. What are the chances of understanding the creator if we were not here. I will say none at a personal level. So us being here is ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ (gur parsāḏ).

So what kind of additional blessing or ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ (gur parsāḏ) is needed from the creator in this regard. I don’t know, the creator has already thought about it when we were created.

I suppose we can always seek more ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ/(gur parsāḏ), but I would not wait for it. Perhaps sadh sangat is a way to get synergistic productivity in understanding with all that everyone got as ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ/(gur parsāḏ).

By the way ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ/(gur parsāḏ) is not limited to Sikhs but Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jews, atheists, etc., it is provided to all by the creator whether one makes use of it or not is a personal choice.

Comments welcome and all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: This ends my effort for the exercise. Thanks everyone for the comments, critique and visiting/reading my posts.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
One creator present as one essence everywhere, whose name is the truth, architect of the universe, who has no fear, and no hate, eternally consistent, eternally present, who is able to give direction

PS: This ends my effort for the exercise. Thanks everyone for the comments, critique and visiting/reading my posts. But I have taken the morning off to finish this! If you do not mind Ambersariaji I will do my best to carry your torch to the end, as for some reason this feels very very very important to me as a foundation block in my life kudihug I hope I am worthy of finishing what you started,

I believe there is an essence of creator within all of us, regardless of religion, and that includes people that do not believe, If you are struggling, close your eyes, tune into that essence, and the answers will flow, you may not like them, and some may be hard to carry out, but with the proper attitude, anything is possible that is possible, obviously winning the lottery brings to mind the old saying for computers, rubbish in, rubbish out, but if I were to pose a question say, How am I going to get through a funeral for a new born baby on Monday, if I were to close my eyes, the answers flow through,

1. Be prepared , have all clothes ready, make sure customers know shop will be closed, make sure car is fuelled up, stay clear of any intoxicants sunday, have tissues, be ready to assist anyone in need, be practical, know when to do nothing, above all remember you are there to assist your friend, even if that means doing nothing, or doing something, your heart will tell you

Should I eat, and what should I eat

2. Right now, yes, go and eat, you are hungry, stay clear of anything fried and heavy, have something light that will sustain you till dinner time, that will give you the energy to carry out your tasks for the rest of the day, and not leave you feeling bloated and useless

What Should I do for the rest of the day

3. Its been a hard week, do not plant anymore seeds until the ones that have been planted have been dealt with, it is Friday, ensure all planted seeds are harvested today so that over the weekend you can plant fresh new ones, filled with truth and honesty and bravery, and then spend next week watering and nurturing and harvesting, in english, finish off the laptop in the back room, order all parts needed for next week, return 4 phone calls, ensure all items that need shipping are shipped, spend the weekend adding to the online shop all the new stock that is sitting here

I will follow all of these, not to the letter, but its a template as to how I can make my life happier and easier, no doubt I will have a beer on sunday, shortly, I will probably eat chips and end up bloated and full and sleepy, which means I cannot finish off all the jobs today, which will mean I will do them tomorrow, so no adding to the online shop, so next weeks sales will suffer, its so easy, but our bodies demand so much of us in the name of sensory pleasure, and that makes it so hard

I think there is also an element of that essence inside us that needs to break in the five thieves, almost like rodeo horses, to not allow them to do their own thing and ride free and wild, but to harness them and use them to advance us from one place to another. If this Gur Prasad is a sort of reason, then the five thieves are the wild horses that must be broken and tamed and we must give them direction so they may use their energy to transport us from place to place, from concept to concept. I have initiated this process in myself my depriving myself of the one thing that has always driven me, lust, I refuse to be a cowboy in the saddle of lust allowing myself to be thrown here and there, at the mercy of a mad horse, I refuse to be a slave to it anymore, I will be its master, I will inform it when it can come out to play, I will use it to motivate me, but only its most purest essence,for after all in certain situations one uses a thief to catch a thief :mundabhangra:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM