• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Snowleopard

SPNer
Apr 28, 2014
Pennsylvania USA
Narayanjot was like a big sister for me & always gave me a clip around the ear everytime i stepped out of line. She certainly showed me ways to understand which i would not have done on my own.
While I understand how much you miss my sister, and I don't mean to be irreverent, but your comment about Narayanjot "clipping your ear" made me grin from ear to ear. She did not hesitate to let me, her flesh and blood sister, know when I had stepped out of line with a figurative ear boxing. She was the sort of big sister who loved with a big heart, protected fiercely, guided her younger siblings (who sometimes were unwilling to be lead :winkingkaur: ), and was a natural teacher. And it is only natural and fitting that she continued in this manner with members of her beloved Sikh family.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
While I understand how much you miss my sister, and I don't mean to be irreverent, but your comment about Narayanjot "clipping your ear" made me grin from ear to ear. She did not hesitate to let me, her flesh and blood sister, know when I had stepped out of line with a figurative ear boxing. She was the sort of big sister who loved with a big heart, protected fiercely, guided her younger siblings (who sometimes were unwilling to be lead :winkingkaur: ), and was a natural teacher. And it is only natural and fitting that she continued in this manner with members of her beloved Sikh family.

Yes Ji..she was much much more than a natural teacher..many a time....I would reply to her off the cuff and her reply would be back in an instant..OH Gyani you had me laughing so much i fell off the chair....and it made my heart glad that I could make her laugh....and that she could laugh so easily...I wish I had met her in person....she just had too big a heart for a normal person...

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
I didnt know her, but after all I read written from her , I can say she was a solid and nice person -until now I didnt even came across a single "bad "post by Narayanjot Kaur.

Her last quote from SGGS ji was;

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਮੂੰ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਕਰਤੁ ਹੈ ਤਾ ਵਣਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਣਿ ਰਤੜਾ ਨਾਰਾਇਣਾ ॥
jae ko moon oupadhaes karath hai thaa van thrin ratharraa naaraaeinaa ||
If someone is going to teach me something, let that be that the Lord is pervading the forests and fields

and so were her answers in topics like jeevan mukti etc.. :)

Waheguru meehr karan.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
After hearing about her passing away, I said from the depth of my heart to her, Thank you for all you've done for me, Antonia Ji, Thank You Narayanjot Kaur Ji, thank you spnadmin Ji. Thank you, you will be remembered always.

arshdeep88

SPNer
Mar 13, 2013
Just opened up SPN after so many days and am really very much shocked to hear the demise of our Loving SPNadmin Naryanjyot Kaur Ji.Am loss in words to say anything but DIDI ji as i use to call her was always encouraging ,positive and aided me in various aspects of my life.Always found her brave and dedicated to Gurubani and life no matter what and always in Chardikalhan and her posts,her talks reflected this characteristic nature of hers.
Death might be a reality for all of us but You are always in our memories DIDI Ji.
(writing all this i still cant believe that she passed away as being in SPN you know each post of yours was moderated by her).

May 16, 2014
A Great Loss

I heard yesterday about late Sister Antonio’s demise. I used to post on SPN under her supervision. I truly regarded her my sister. For no reason, a kind of disagreement started brewing between her and me and I left SPN; however, I never lost respect for her. She was indeed a marvelous person. She protected SPN like a hawk from proselytization. She left her positive influence on many Sikhs. Doubtless, they will miss her absence. Her passing away is the path we, each and everyone, have to go through eventually; therefore, I respect Akalpurakh’s call. Her fight with the cancer was exceptional; while fighting it, she kept her mentoring and supervising job without fail. Her contribution to SPN is beyond words.

My sincere condolences to her family and SPN.

Regards

G Singh AKA PK70

arshi

Writer
SPNer
Aug 20, 2009
I have been out of touch with SPN for many months and only just learnt of the departure of our respected Narayanjot Kaur ji.

Her death has touched and saddened many hearts, including mine. She worked tirelessly, with inspired dedication, for SPN and was the lynchpin around which SPN operated. She has left an irrecoverable gap in its administration. Narayanjot ji lives on in the hearts of those who were fortunate enough to meet her either in person or in abstract form. As a staunch believer in the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji she was spiritually elevated and close to Waheguru.

On a personal note, it was her appreciation, sweet persuasion and encouragement that prompted me to post articles on SPN. I am eternally grateful to her for that. May Waheguru give her family the will and strength to come to terms with their loss.

Her memory lives on.

Rajinder Singh ‘Arshi’

Last edited by a moderator:

gur_meet

SPNer
Feb 3, 2010
India, Canada
Narayanjot kaur ji was also a great contributor and motivating force in other forums as well.Even in email discussions. I searched and could locate her posts from way back as far as 2007. Here is quote from one of her post to remember her She lives as memory:

" Shabd Guru

Shabd" comes from Sha- and -bd. "Sha" means the expression of the ego, the attachments we identify with."Bd" means to cut out/off or to eradicate. The root meaning of Sha-bd is that which cuts the ego. It is not just any sound. It is not just a wise sound or a song of truth. It is a sound that cuts away the ego that occludes the truth from you. This is a passage from the article referenced in the link above. Guru - the light which dispels darkness is the one who cuts off expressions of the ego. Jap and Simran are both the what and the how. But there is more to the article, and it is one of Yogi's better lectures.

My thought would be that the sound and rhythm that lead to God are found in the Shabds of the Guru - Guruji. So the discussion is both about the what or the content of prayer which gives insight and the how or the actions which bestow energy -- leading away from the constraints that blind and deafen and a where, Shabd Guru leading us through Naam to another situation, or place In describing Naam -- Guru Arjan Dev ji Panna 189

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the Support of the breath of life of His devotees.
The Naam is their wealth, the Naam is their occupation. ||1||
By the greatness of the Naam, His humble servants are blessed with glory.
The Lord Himself bestows it, in His Mercy. ||1||Pause||
The Naam is the home of peace of His devotees.
Attuned to the Naam, His devotees are approved. ||2||
The Name of the Lord is the support of His humble servants.
With each and every breath, they remember the Naam. ||3||
Says Nanak, those who have perfect destiny
- their minds are attached to the Naam. ||4||49||118||

Just as light is both a particle and a wave, so Guru Arjan describes Naam as having what, how and where. Naam is both substance and frequency, and it defines a space. As what or substance, the felt presence of Naam supports His servants, supports the breath of life, is wealth that the Lord himself bestows. As how or vibration or frequency, His devotees are attuned to the Naam. and His humble servants remember it. And as where, Naam is situated - Naam has dimension because it has greatness and it is the home of peace, a place where those who have a perfect destiny attach their minds to Naam,

Just a few thoughts "

- narayanjot kaur ji wrote on sept 6.( the year I suppose was 2007 )

She had an amazing ability to pen words. The expression used to come beautifully and so expressive.And so diligent , humble and involved.

She lives as memory even in the minds of those she remained in contact even thousands of miles away having not even met.

My Ardas for Guru meher .

namritanevaeh

Writer
SPNer
Oct 14, 2012
Surrey, Canada
Even in times of sadness, I have always found humour to be a great help, NK left an imprint on all of us that will live forever, she will live forever through this forum and what it stands for, I am glad she is out of pain.

When I first wrote to her, many years ago, I had no idea she was a woman, my mental picture of SPNADMIN was some old bearded Sikh, with a huge white beard, so after my complete surprise, I think I wrote back, your a woman???? I changed my mental image to a younger Sikh punjabi woman, maybe the same age as my mum, then I found out she was not punjabi, which shocked me even more, and then I found out she was actually Italian, and throughout all this, I would just dig myself a deeper and deeper hole writing to her, and making all the wrong assumptions about what sort of person she actually was. She was a remarkable unique woman, and even now I still post expecting a mail telling me that it made her laugh, I know we all miss her enormously

Wow. Yeah I hear you...I thought a guy too but younger.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
I have been away for a long time and am truly saddened by this news.It was the first thing I saw when I logged in and it was a shock. Such a wonderful person. A formidable intellect and with such a massive understanding of Sikhi. So much commitment to the path and this forum. A massive loss.

Aisha

SPNer
Oct 12, 2012
Our beloved sister, Narayanjot Kaur [spnadmin], is gravely ill in hospice. Both she and her family are in great need of love and support from all of you. Please keep all of them in your prayers and your positive thoughts.

She has been suffering for several years with a type of blood cancer and has put up an unbelievable fight, remaining on duty here at SPN through several courses of chemotherapy. She has shown great courage working to keep this forum both open and clean. Your prayers are one way you can say "Thank you."

If you know her only as a forum moderator, I urge you to get a different perspective by visiting her albums about the various animals in Gurbani.

My personal favourite is The Birds of Gurbani. I believe it best reveals the poetry in her soul and the love of Guru ji in her heart.

A sad update posted by Naryanajot ji's sister on Apr 28, 2014:

Sign the Guestbook at The Online Obituary of Narayanjot Kaur Ji by clicking here...

Update: by her Sister Nanine d’Onofrio Ji

“ …. her funeral was beautiful. Five Sikh gentleman came to the service. One sang the Kirtan Sohila and a second translated it for us. They prayed the Ardas and read and translated the Hukamnama for that day.’

Inderjeet Kaur ji,

is there any way that spnadmin ji's old albums can be re-opened? I remember going through he "Birds of Gurbani" when this thread was first posted and found the contents to be absolutely beautiful. I dug up this thread because I wished to go through them again but unfortunately, the links don't seem to be working. If anyone has any way of re-introducing the albums, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sat Sri Akal.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Oh man I haven't logged in years...
She helped me out during tough times. She was very resourceful. I can never forget her. I wish I had stayed in touch with her so that I could see her during her final moments but I was too caught up in my own bullshit.

:(

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM