• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Something Interesting: Silent Brahmgianis

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I was listening to Giani Thakur Singh Ji's katha on Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and he said there about 250 or so Brahmgianis living in the United States right now (probably a lot more in India I would assume). He said they don't reveal themselves because they have no hukam to do so. They simply stay quiet and watch the drama unfold in its perfection.

Maybe we have seen these individuals at our local Gurdawaras, and simply not noticied anything different about them. Interesting, eh?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I was listening to Giani Thakur Singh Ji's katha on Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and he said there about 250 or so Brahmgianis living in the United States right now (probably a lot more in India I would assume). He said they don't reveal themselves because they have no hukam to do so. They simply stay quiet and watch the drama unfold in its perfection.

Maybe we have seen these individuals at our local Gurdawaras, and simply not noticied anything different about them. Interesting, eh?

They are easily noticeable; they usually have a glowing suspended ring of light around their heads, creating an aura effect. :shifty:

sunsingh

SPNer
Jun 4, 2008
some choose to do seva gupt as they don't want any attention. others must stand out to help the rest of us ignorant people.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Did GURU NANAK JI stay GUPT ?? how GUPT were the other Nine Gurus sahibaans..??
Just like its an equal crime to stay silent when wittnessing a ZULM.....or not do anything....its a crime to keep GYAN under cover.
Imho..I will follow the Course of action set in motion by my Beloved GURU JI....who when it was time to Leave this world ( human body has to die one day)...Guru Ji did the next best thing..Leave a COPY of His GYAN..in the form of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee for humanity to BENEFIT forever...
Just imagine Guru Ji keeping this GYAN..GUPT and taking it along with HIM ??? where woudl we be..at the "Mercy" of all these Gupt..and not so gupt... Brahmgianis....sants/ saadhs/mahagyanis/mahapurashs ( when AKAL PURAKH is just "PURAKH" they are MAHAPURAKHS ??...lol....
Gyani jarnail Singh (not gupt at all :happy:)

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
I don't think all of them are gupt, they are there, but they would never flat out say that "I have Brahmgian."

I met a Giani and he was talking to us about Dasam Duar as if he was describing a tree. Like it was right in front of him. He said it was the brightest light you have ever seen, but it is cool. How could he not have Brahmgian?

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਮਾਲੁ ਖਜੀਨਾ
हरि हरि जन कै मालु खजीना ॥
Har har jan kai māl kẖajīnā.
The Lord's Name, Har, Har, is the treasure of wealth of His servants.

ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਜਨ ਕਉ ਆਪਿ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਦੀਨਾ
हरि धनु जन कउ आपि प्रभि दीना ॥
Har ḏẖan jan ka­o āp parabẖ ḏīnā.
The treasure of the Lord has been bestowed on His servants by God Himself.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਓਟ ਸਤਾਣੀ
हरि हरि जन कै ओट सताणी ॥
Har har jan kai ot saṯāṇī.
The Lord, Har, Har is the All-powerful Protection of His servants.

ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪਿ ਜਨ ਅਵਰ ਜਾਣੀ
हरि प्रतापि जन अवर न जाणी ॥
Har parṯāp jan avar na jāṇī.
His servants know no other than the Lord's Magnificence.

ਓਤਿ ਪੋਤਿ ਜਨ ਹਰਿ ਰਸਿ ਰਾਤੇ
ओति पोति जन हरि रसि राते ॥
Oṯ poṯ jan har ras rāṯė.
Through and through, His servants are imbued with the Lord's Love.

ਸੁੰਨ ਸਮਾਧਿ ਨਾਮ ਰਸ ਮਾਤੇ
सुंन समाधि नाम रस माते ॥
Sunn samāḏẖ nām ras māṯė.
In deepest Samaadhi, they are intoxicated with the essence of the Naam.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਜਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੈ
आठ पहर जनु हरि हरि जपै ॥
Āṯẖ pahar jan har har japai.
Twenty-four hours a day, His servants chant Har, Har.

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਭਗਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਨਹੀ ਛਪੈ
हरि का भगतु प्रगट नही छपै ॥
Har kā bẖagaṯ pargat nahī cẖẖapai.
The devotees of the Lord are known and respected; they do not hide in secrecy.

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਬਹੁ ਕਰੇ
हरि की भगति मुकति बहु करे ॥
Har kī bẖagaṯ mukaṯ baho karė.
Through devotion to the Lord, many have been liberated.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਨ ਸੰਗਿ ਕੇਤੇ ਤਰੇ ॥੭॥
नानक जन संगि केते तरे ॥७॥
Nānak jan sang kėṯė ṯarė. ||7||
O Nanak, along with His servants, many others are saved. ||7||

Source: http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=0&Param=265

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
In the Katha Gianiji said it because they had no hukam to do so.

Anyways, even if they revealed themselves, we would forget all our senses and start worshipping them. I don't think they would want that. The path is already laid out for us with Guruji, they are the ones who have practised and lived it. They probably want us to do the same without any interference from them.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
In the Katha Gianiji said it because they had no hukam to do so.

Anyways, even if they revealed themselves, we would forget all our senses and start worshipping them. I don't think they would want that. The path is already laid out for us with Guruji, they are the ones who have practised and lived it. They probably want us to do the same without any interference from them.

Jaspreet ji,

Your answer intrigues me -- because the differences between a brahmgyani and a baba could be difficult to see. Fake babas claim to brahmgyanis -- and yes they soak up all the adoration of worshipers will give. Fake babas are very vocal - they have found the path to mukhti and it is through them. Would a brahmgyani claim to be a baba with his own special key to mukhti? There is some sense to being if not quiet then soft-spoken. So how do we make the distinction between self-promotion and speaking out regarding a higher truth?

There is a story about Giani Thakur Singh. One day walking down the street he was approached by someone who knew he was a very devout man. The stranger called out to Giani Thakur Singh -- Hey there, O brahmgyani, please let me talk with you! And the story goes that Giani Thakur Singh became very angry at that and punched the guy, saying 'never call me a brahmgyani.' This is a story on the Internet. It may be cooked up the way legends are. One foot in truth, one foot in exaggeration. But I think it is interesting. There are some interesting stories about Giani Thakur Singh.

sunsingh

SPNer
Jun 4, 2008
I think this depends on the individual approach. Some may remain gupt, but share the knowledge that they have acquired. Others may acknowledge their spiritual status in order to better guide people. Some may reveal/acknowledge this status only to those who are very close to them.

I think this shabad by Bhagat Kabir ji shows that those who have attained a high avastha may acknowledge it, and this acknowledgement is not a sign of haumai when genuine.

ANG 870
rwgu goNf bwxI kbIr jIau kI Gru 2
raag go(n)add baanee kabeer jeeo kee ghar 2
Raag Gond, The Word Of Kabeer Jee, Second House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]
ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Bujw bWiD iBlw kir fwirE ]
bhujaa baa(n)dhh bhilaa kar ddaariou ||
They tied my arms, bundled me up, and threw me before an elephant.

hsqI k®oip mUMf mih mwirE ]
hasathee krop moo(n)dd mehi maariou ||
The elephant driver struck him on the head, and infuriated him.

hsiq Bwig kY cIsw mwrY ]
hasath bhaag kai cheesaa maarai ||
But the elephant ran away, trumpeting,

ieAw mUriq kY hau bilhwrY ]1]
eiaa moorath kai ho balihaarai ||1||
"I am a sacrifice to this image of the Lord."||1||

Awih myry Twkur qumrw joru ]
aahi maerae t(h)aakur thumaraa jor ||
O my Lord and Master, You are my strength.

kwjI bikbo hsqI qoru ]1] rhwau ]
kaajee bakibo hasathee thor ||1|| rehaao ||
The Qazi shouted at the driver to drive the elephant on. ||1||Pause||

ry mhwvq quJu fwrau kwit ]
rae mehaavath thujh ddaaro kaatt ||
He yelled out, ""O driver, I shall cut you into pieces.

iesih qurwvhu Gwlhu swit ]
eisehi thuraavahu ghaalahu saatt ||
Hit him, and drive him on!""

hsiq n qorY DrY iDAwnu ]
hasath n thorai dhharai dhhiaan ||
But the elephant did not move; instead, he began to meditate.

vw kY irdY bsY Bgvwnu ]2]
vaa kai ridhai basai bhagavaan ||2||
The Lord God abides within his mind. ||2||

ikAw AprwDu sMq hY kIn@w ]
kiaa aparaadhh sa(n)th hai keenhaa ||
What sin has this Saint committed,

bWiD pot kuMcr kau dIn@w ]
baa(n)dhh pott ku(n)char ko dheenhaa ||
that you have made him into a bundle and thrown him before the elephant?

kuMcru pot lY lY nmskwrY ]
ku(n)char pott lai lai namasakaarai ||
Lifting up the bundle, the elephant bows down before it.

bUJI nhI kwjI AMiDAwrY ]3]
boojhee nehee kaajee a(n)dhhiaarai ||3||
The Qazi could not understand it; he was blind. ||3||

qIin bwr pqIAw Bir lInw ]
theen baar patheeaa bhar leenaa ||
Three times, he tried to do it.

mn kToru AjhU n pqInw ]
man kat(h)or ajehoo n patheenaa ||
Even then, his hardened mind was not satisfied.

kih kbIr hmrw goibMdu ]
kehi kabeer hamaraa gobi(n)dh ||
Says Kabeer, such is my Lord and Master.

cauQy pd mih jn kI ijMdu ]4]1]4]
chouthhae padh mehi jan kee ji(n)dh ||4||1||4||
The soul of His humble servant dwells in the fourth state. ||4||1||4||

KulwantK

SPNer
Oct 31, 2007
Sat Nam, everyone! I am trusting this find you all well and good!
There are as many paths to the Divine as there are hearts to follow.
It is interesting to see how different people choose to follow their paths. We have chosen to stand out in a crowd, according to our Guru's instructions, so that we may be of service to those in need.
Each of us, no matter what our Spiritual path may be, is a creation of God and Guru, and each of us has something wonderful to contribute!
Wahe Guru!
Kulwant

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
So how do we make the distinction between self-promotion and speaking out regarding a higher truth?

Yes. Good point. I keep coming back over and over to line from Anand Sahib.

khanni-ahu tikhee vaalahu nikee ayt maarag jaanaa.​
The path they take is sharper than a Khandaa and finer than a hair.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
also bhagat kabir ji has said...rahio sant mehn tol..saadh bahutereh ditthey...I went looking for SANT..all i found were hordes of "SAADHS". Now we can safely say Kabir Ji is a BRAHMGIANI as his GURBANI is in SGGS and in such copious amounts as to make him Premier Bhagat with Guru ji placing his Gurbani First among Bhagats....and also Sukhmani Sahib Guru Arjun Ji declares that..Brahmgiani ki Gatt brahmgiani Janneh..ONLY a "BRAHMGIANI" can recognise another "BRAHMGIANI". ??? Needle in a Haystack ?? THAT would be so EASY........more like "looking for a bedding mite in the Sahara desert sands....with the sahara as large as the Nine Planets..and the Bed mite requiring a Electron Microscope just to be able to see it !!..Fakes..SAADHS (Sants/Brahmgianis interchangeable title).....as visible as the grains of sand...take as many TRUCKLOADS as you want..inexhaustible supply....

2. I havent heard Giani Thakur Singh Jis Katha. Will try and download from the website and listen.
But Personally speaking....I also have just for the FUN OF IT told some of my adult Students ( IN JEST but with serious face)....there are soem highly elevated souls among the residents of....XXXX....Brahmgianis....and then I get no end to personal visits day and night..phone calls..beseeching me to reveal who are these....so that they can be approached for "sewa" ( read ask favours..direct calls to Waheguru ??). NO amount of me saying NO I cannot reveal them..they are GUPT etc etc..had any effect....one or two even tried to bribe me i nto revealing these"Brahmgianis"....for as long as i can remember my POPULARITY was sky high....I felt like those "politicians" who DROP NAMES of big wigs in power....I know the PM..the CM Badal..etc types...and how "favour askers" then follow these like FLIES on honey....i beleive its the SAME here. Ordinary folks all want a SHORTCUT..and if someone can point them in the direction of a "BRAHMGIANI"..they are willing to do anything to get to him..and then ??????
I may sound like a cynic..but i have seen the world....not as much as everyone..but ENOUGH. THUS my ONE and ONLY "TAKE" (AASRA) is SGGS...no need for any others...no shortcuts...no gyanis barhm or not...
3. Just yesterday met another local "Brahmgiani" who i have known for about 18 years...at first was Guru Ka Kirtaniya...then slowly became "Gyani Ji..going on wards to Mahapurash...." Weekend i met him at someones Family Programme invited to do Sukhmani Sahib Paaths....he had graduated to ONE IN ALL..he was granthi/paathi/kirtaniya/...he was owner of the SGGS..He had the palki/rumallahs/even the Bhandeh/speakers/mike set up....a MOBILE GURDWARA...of course he took the Kirtan Bheta, he also tok the SGGS Bheta..He also had a fee for the bhandeh..as well as mike etc..and deg..plus a special FEE upfront for attendance...and best of all his "katha" was on mahapurash in SUKHMANI SAHIB..how they ABHOR MAYA..never touch it..no need for IT....and he went on and on about this Mahapurash and that Mahapurash....from what i heard his next project is "cater Guru Ka Langgar" and also print Invitation Cards so A-Z of any "programme" including video filming is also under him...still he is Brahmgiani....and he never touches MAYA (unless its put in a plastic bag and handed to his assistants)..He had his "katha" tapes..he had his own printed Gutkas...wah wah wahgoroo...just ask him..he "knows" how many Brahmgianis are there in any location (no kidding - one of those he personally knows is Jathedar Iqbal Singh of Patna who was waiting for him on the orders of Guru gobind Singh ji no less when he visited India some years back...)..THUS I AM A CYNIC OUT AND OUT..I trust no one but SGGS.

Jaspreet Ji..can you provide a link to Giani Thakur singh Jis Katha ?? Grateful.

Gyani jarnail Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
also bhagat kabir ji has said...rahio sant mehn tol..saadh bahutereh ditthey...I went looking for SANT..all i found were hordes of "SAADHS". Now we can safely say Kabir Ji is a BRAHMGIANI as his GURBANI is in SGGS and in such copious amounts as to make him Premier Bhagat with Guru ji placing his Gurbani First among Bhagats....and also Sukhmani Sahib Guru Arjun Ji declares that..Brahmgiani ki Gatt brahmgiani Janneh..ONLY a "BRAHMGIANI" can recognise another "BRAHMGIANI". ??? Needle in a Haystack ?? THAT would be so EASY........more like "looking for a bedding mite in the Sahara desert sands....with the sahara as large as the Nine Planets..and the Bed mite requiring a Electron Microscope just to be able to see it !!..Fakes..SAADHS (Sants/Brahmgianis interchangeable title).....as visible as the grains of sand...take as many TRUCKLOADS as you want..inexhaustible supply....

2. I havent heard Giani Thakur Singh Jis Katha. Will try and download from the website and listen.
But Personally speaking....I also have just for the FUN OF IT told some of my adult Students ( IN JEST but with serious face)....there are soem highly elevated souls among the residents of....XXXX....Brahmgianis....and then I get no end to personal visits day and night..phone calls..beseeching me to reveal who are these....so that they can be approached for "sewa" ( read ask favours..direct calls to Waheguru ??). NO amount of me saying NO I cannot reveal them..they are GUPT etc etc..had any effect....one or two even tried to bribe me i nto revealing these"Brahmgianis"....for as long as i can remember my POPULARITY was sky high....I felt like those "politicians" who DROP NAMES of big wigs in power....I know the PM..the CM Badal..etc types...and how "favour askers" then follow these like FLIES on honey....i beleive its the SAME here. Ordinary folks all want a SHORTCUT..and if someone can point them in the direction of a "BRAHMGIANI"..they are willing to do anything to get to him..and then ??????
I may sound like a cynic..but i have seen the world....not as much as everyone..but ENOUGH. THUS my ONE and ONLY "TAKE" (AASRA) is SGGS...no need for any others...no shortcuts...no gyanis barhm or not...
3. Just yesterday met another local "Brahmgiani" who i have known for about 18 years...at first was Guru Ka Kirtaniya...then slowly became "Gyani Ji..going on wards to Mahapurash...." Weekend i met him at someones Family Programme invited to do Sukhmani Sahib Paaths....he had graduated to ONE IN ALL..he was granthi/paathi/kirtaniya/...he was owner of the SGGS..He had the palki/rumallahs/even the Bhandeh/speakers/mike set up....a MOBILE GURDWARA...of course he took the Kirtan Bheta, he also tok the SGGS Bheta..He also had a fee for the bhandeh..as well as mike etc..and deg..plus a special FEE upfront for attendance...and best of all his "katha" was on mahapurash in SUKHMANI SAHIB..how they ABHOR MAYA..never touch it..no need for IT....and he went on and on about this Mahapurash and that Mahapurash....from what i heard his next project is "cater Guru Ka Langgar" and also print Invitation Cards so A-Z of any "programme" including video filming is also under him...still he is Brahmgiani....and he never touches MAYA (unless its put in a plastic bag and handed to his assistants)..He had his "katha" tapes..he had his own printed Gutkas...wah wah wahgoroo...just ask him..he "knows" how many Brahmgianis are there in any location (no kidding - one of those he personally knows is Jathedar Iqbal Singh of Patna who was waiting for him on the orders of Guru gobind Singh ji no less when he visited India some years back...)..THUS I AM A CYNIC OUT AND OUT..I trust no one but SGGS.

Jaspreet Ji..can you provide a link to Giani Thakur singh Jis Katha ?? Grateful.

Gyani jarnail Singh

:) No, I don't think you sound like a cynic. Whether it is a shortcut they offer or the highway to heaven their devotees end up paying hefty tolls to travel on their road -- and did anyone check to see if the Bhramagyani's GPS is tuned into the right satellite?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Logged off, and then found this right away on another site while browsing,

ਇਕ ਦੂ ਜੀਭੌ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਲਖ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਲਖ ਵੀਸ ਲਖੁ ਲਖੁ ਗੇੜਾ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ਏਤੁ ਰਾਹਿ ਪਤਿ ਪਵੜੀਆ ਚੜੀਐ ਹੋਇ ਇਕੀਸ ਸੁਣਿ ਗਲਾ ਆਕਾਸ ਕੀ ਕੀਟਾ ਆਈ ਰੀਸ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰੀ ਪਾਈਐ ਕੂੜੀ ਕੂੜੈ ਠੀਸ ੩੨ ੧ ੭

From one tongue there came thousands more, and millions came from them. Millions of tongues are turning and churning, repeating the One Lord's Name. On the Master's Path are many steps. Climb them, and come back Home. Even worms who hear of heavenly things are longing to come back Home. O Nanak! We get to come back Home only by the One God's Grace. But the liars all boast: "I did it myself!"

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM