• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Something Interesting: Silent Brahmgianis

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ONLY "HE" knows exactly what I am...suffice to admit that I am "trying" to be a SIKH.
Now a days every one so readily claims that he/she is a "SIKH"....some born sikh...some came into sikh..some had sikh forced upon them...
Here is Guru ARJUN Jis take on a "SIKH". Once a memeber of Guru Arjun Jis snagat wnated to get his daughter married but he had not much money.....so he came to Guru Ji and asked for funds. His suggestion was that Guru Ji give him a paisa for each SIKH in the snagat....Guru ji kept silent. Few days later he asked again...still silence...Third day when he asked again..Guru Ji gave him 4 and 1/2 paisas...He was SHOCKED. Is this a joke ? Guru Ji replied..I am giivng you a Paisa for EACH SIKH...just as you requested....BUT...BUT...look around you Guur Ji..there are THOUSANDS of "SIKHS"...how come ??? I dont understand...
Guur Ji replied.... Guru Nanak Ji, Guru Angad Ji, Guru Amardass Ji and Guru Ramdass Ji are the 4 Complete SIKHS..while I myself are just HALF a SIKH.....so there you have it 4 1/2 paisas as you requested...
SO IF Guru Ji is just half a sikh..how can i be a "Brahmgiani" silent or vocal ?? No way....

BUT I do tell the TRUTH ( as I see it) and have made many enemies !! ( the dagger stares i get in the local Gurdwaras and "sweet" mails on the Internet are proof of this Love for TRUTH that most "Sikhs" have !! I have been very vocal about TRUTH For a long time....and will be for a longer time yet..until..Ghalleh ayeh nanaka Saddeh uth jayeh....

Regards...
Gyani JS:D

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
Ji...bilkul. Agree with you about being a Sikh. People claiming with themselves as Singhs/Singhinias and Khalsas is outrageous to me. To be even a Sikh is a tremendous feat. May Waheguru bless us with such karma.

navj0t

SPNer
Nov 1, 2008
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I was listening to Giani Thakur Singh Ji's katha on Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and he said there about 250 or so Brahmgianis living in the United States right now (probably a lot more in India I would assume). He said they don't reveal themselves because they have no hukam to do so. They simply stay quiet and watch the drama unfold in its perfection.

Maybe we have seen these individuals at our local Gurdawaras, and simply not noticied anything different about them. Interesting, eh?

1. how does he know?
2. doesnt it say in sukhmani that a brahmgiani cant remain hidden?

navj0t

SPNer
Nov 1, 2008
Gianiji, my point with the Lao Tzu quote was simply referring to empty talk. As you said "empty drums making the most noise". Even in Anand Sahib, Maharaj ji says "Ik fireh ghanayray karahi galaa galle kinai na paaiaa".

I'm wondering too why these Brahmgiani are silent. There is enough ignorance around in the world.. but that is the hukam they have. Maybe we have become too cynical to listen to them now. Don't know.

Jaspreet

arent brahmgiani nirankar Itself? And doesnt Nirankar remain silent? no?

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
1. how does he know?
2. doesnt it say in sukhmani that a brahmgiani cant remain hidden?

Sorry for the late reply, navj0t.
1. I'm not sure exactly how Gianiji knows, but he tells about visiting and talking with Brahmgianis in his Katha. Someone must have told him.
2. Could you kindly give the Shabad line from Sukhmani Sahib that you are talking about?

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
arent brahmgiani nirankar Itself? And doesnt Nirankar remain silent? no?
Yes, they are Nirankar. Nirankar is forever in meditation if that is what you mean. Not silent. In Jaap Sahib, Maharaj ji says in pauree 194 :
"
Anaathae / Pr;amaathae / Ajonee / Amonee"
There is no Master above You, You are the Destroyer, free from birth, and You​
do not observe the silence – You are not like silent saints (Are active).

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM