• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Since when is Darbar Sahib called Harmandir Sahib?

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
Clearly a brahmanical hijacking, since when is Darbar Sahib called Harmandir Sahib? Darbar is a place where a king resides whereas a mandir is a place where stone idols are worshipped. I want a clear answer, since when the word "harmandir" been stuffed up our mouths? The day is not far when these brahmanical fanatics will claim Darbar sahib as some hindu mandir in future just like Babri Maseet.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
probably just after the Martyrdom of Guru Arjun Ji when Prithi Chand took over control...thus Guru Hargobind Sahib ONWARDS NONE of the Sikh Gurus were allowed entry there....later when the Sikhs were declared Enemy of the State and had rewards on their heads Dead or Alive...the Nirmalas/Udasis took over and established not only their terminology, bhagva nishan shaibs, and even IDOLS, and established their Maryada which continues till today due to the Nirmala sampardaiyees known as Taksals, deras, Nanaksarees, Rarrewallahs etc etc etc.

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
probably just after the Martyrdom of Guru Arjun Ji when Prithi Chand took over control...thus Guru Hargobind Sahib ONWARDS NONE of the Sikh Gurus were allowed entry there....later when the Sikhs were declared Enemy of the State and had rewards on their heads Dead or Alive...the Nirmalas/Udasis took over and established not only their terminology, bhagva nishan shaibs, and even IDOLS, and established their Maryada which continues till today due to the Nirmala sampardaiyees known as Taksals, deras, Nanaksarees, Rarrewallahs etc etc etc.
Thanks for input Gyaniji. Good to hear other like minded people who actually care about history. More needs to be done to expose this "insidious" hijacking. Another example is adding "Dev" with Gurus' name. I hope somebody will find this thread while searching google looking for answers.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks for input Gyaniji. Good to hear other like minded people who actually care about history. More needs to be done to expose this "insidious" hijacking. Another example is adding "Dev" with Gurus' name. I hope somebody will find this thread while searching google looking for answers.
it has been discussed online many times...... several times on this forum and I'm sure many times on others too ....
So To "expose this insidious hijacking" on a large scale, one needs to talk abt this in their local communities...... But Nobody is willing to get beat up for it?

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
it has been discussed online many times...... several times on this forum and I'm sure many times on others too ....
So To "expose this insidious hijacking" on a large scale, one needs to talk abt this in their local communities...... But Nobody is willing to get beat up for it?
Don't know mate. I looked up on google punching in various sikh forum tags but could not find an answer. Can you please post a link where this question has been discussed before?

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Don't know mate. I looked up on google punching in various sikh forum tags but could not find an answer. Can you please post a link where this question has been discussed before?
don't hv the links now sorry, hv seen this topic discussed various times here and there in different threads

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
i HEARD A KATHA BY JATHEDAR OF AKAL TAKHAT SAHIB ON u TUBE. HE SAID THAT TWO RAKASH FOUGHT EACH OTHER AND THE EARTH WAS CREATED IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM. HE SAID IF YOU WANT TO KNOW FURTHER READ PURAN. BABA NANAK SPENT ALL HIS LIFE GETTING THE WORLD OUT THESE MYTHS AND NOW THE HEAD OF THE SIKH SOCIETY WANTS TO GO BACK TO THE SAME OLD RITUALS. sHAME ON THE WHOLE SIKH WORLD WHO DO NOT OBJECT TO THESE SILLY REMARKS. IF THE SCHOLARS THINK THIS REMARK OF MINE IS WORTH WHILE, PLEASE SHARE IT AND GET RID OF OF SUCH STUPID BANARSI PUNDITS LEADERS.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
i HEARD A KATHA BY JATHEDAR OF AKAL TAKHAT SAHIB ON u TUBE. HE SAID THAT TWO RAKASH FOUGHT EACH OTHER AND THE EARTH WAS CREATED IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM. HE SAID IF YOU WANT TO KNOW FURTHER READ PURAN. BABA NANAK SPENT ALL HIS LIFE GETTING THE WORLD OUT THESE MYTHS AND NOW THE HEAD OF THE SIKH SOCIETY WANTS TO GO BACK TO THE SAME OLD RITUALS. sHAME ON THE WHOLE SIKH WORLD WHO DO NOT OBJECT TO THESE SILLY REMARKS. IF THE SCHOLARS THINK THIS REMARK OF MINE IS WORTH WHILE, PLEASE SHARE IT AND GET RID OF OF SUCH STUPID BANARSI PUNDITS LEADERS.

he forgot to mention where these 2 raksh fought? since earth wasnt formed yet??

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: