• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhs Prone To Vitamin D Deficiency

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Narayanjot ji,

Guru Fateh.

Sorry to know that you are soya intolerant. As you are a vegetarian, one important protein source is off your menu. So, how do you compensate for that? Is Jim also a vegetarian?

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Tejwant ji

I am a vegetarian. Jim is not a vegetarian, but eats all my vegetables and fruit in addition to all of his food too. Italian, Indian and Greek cuisine are very rich in endless vegetable possibilities. Dairy is one source of protein for me. Another is legumes, which when combined with grains, provides almost a complete protein. I go light on nuts because they like soy make me kind of sick. I can eat them in small amounts.

:rolleyes:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Vitamin D deficiency is now associated with 17 varieties of cancer, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease (heart disease), as well as diabetes and most recently autism. The benefits for these diseases occur only when the vitamin D level in the blood tests significantly over 30 ng/ml and preferably over 40 ng/mg.

Benefits ?? what benefits can a disease have ?? Or is it that these diseases BEGIN when Vitamin D level fall and a Patient/victim will get BENEFITS/RELIEF form Vitamin D if he intakes vir D at those levels..??

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
With reference to the above, it is advised in very recent studies that a blood level of 40ng/ml should be base line.

This also confirms that a supplement of D3 with less than 1000 IU's is a waste of money.

We ALL need above 1000IU supllements for beneficial effects.

There has been quite a lot of talk recently with a famous LA(Beverly Hills) Sikh Doctor(Dr Soram Khalsa) who has been hitting the medical headlines with his alternative medicine approach.
A few weeks ago he was interviewed on the famous Dr Oz show.
I'm not sure if Dr Oz is broadcast around the world, but it is one of the most popular daytime shows in the whole of North America.

I have always kept upto date with the latest knowledge of vitamins and minerals, and I was amazed to learn the studies he pointed at and his talk on the show. All this coming from a classic board certified physician, which have mostly in the past shrugged and avoided these drug alternative approaches.

I believe that he is 3HO or was and was inspired by the yogi to come into sikhism.

Below is one his websites that is worth a look.

http://www.vitamindrevolution.com/about/

From what I gather, none of his talk is nonsense in any way.
The benefits of higher vitamin D3 doses are being proven at this very moment.

I have since been giving it to my whole family and kids as well along with their other supplements !!

SORRY, I HAD POSTED IN THIS THREAD WITHOUT LOOKING AT EARLIER POSTS.
I NOW REALISE WHAT I MENTIONED HAS BEEN MENTIONED EARLIER ANYWAY.
BUT AS THIS THREAD IS A FEW YEARS OLD, IT IS INTERESTING TO KNOW THAT THIS DR IS DOING VERY WELL WITH A HIGH SUCCESS RATE.
SO, AN UPDATE ON THIS A FEW YEARS LATER STILL SHOWS THAT IT IS PROMISING. LETS WAIT ANOTHER FEW YEARS TO GET THE SAME RESPONSE AND CONTINUATION OF SUCCESS!!!!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
Namaste
I don't eat red meat or fowl but I do eat a little seafood cheese and infertile eggs so by definition I am not a vegetarian but do eat as I do for moral reasons. I have never been told of any vitamin deficiency and believe I get all of the Vitamin D I need from the Sun.

Having said that I am puzzled by something about eating meat but off topic. That is: it is said that our brains did not become what they are until earlier humanoids starting eating meat. So I wonder if meat is a natural think for us to eat. I mean where would we be without its consumption in our past? I don't think we would have the brains we do.

I guess admin should move this post if it should be in another topic.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
My doctor is up on her game and insists on the importance of testing my Vit. D. My level likes to stay at around 19, which isn't good. She advises me to take 5000/per day, every day, without fail. I have quite a few medical issues and I don't need this to add problems.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: