• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhs Pay 20 Mil. 'Jazia' To Pak Taliban

May 24, 2008
http://www.zeenews.com/southasia/2009-04-16/523971news.htmlSikhs pay Rs 20 million in Jizia to Pak Taliban
Taliban_70_news.jpg

Islamabad, April 16: Members of Pakistan's minority Sikh community living in the restive Aurakzai tribal region have paid Rs 20 million as "tax" to the Taliban after militants forcibly occupied some of their homes and kidnapped a Sikh leader.

The Taliban had demanded Rs 50 million as 'Jizia' – a tax levied on non-Muslims living under Islamic rule – but the militants finally settled for Rs 20 million.

After the amount was paid yesterday, the militants vacated the homes they had taken over and released Sikh leader Saiwang Singh, officials in the tribal region near the northwestern city of Peshawar were quoted as saying by the Daily Times newspaper.

The officials said the Taliban had announced that the Sikhs were now free to live anywhere in Aurzakzai Agency. The militants also announced they would protect the community, saying that no one would harm them after they had paid Jizia.

spacer.gif
Sikhs who had left the area would now return to their homes and resume their business, the officials said.

The militants had occupied at least 10 homes of Sikhs in Qasimkhel village on Tuesday. About 35 Sikh families have been living in Qasimkhel for many years.

The Taliban demand for Jizia was resolved at a jirga or council held yesterday through the efforts of local tribal elders. The militants had said the Sikhs should pay Jizia in accordance with Shariah or Islamic law.

Bureau Report

</B>

Mar 26, 2006
we spill tears over 84 and now we have more to come ...where is Dal khalsa ?? where is simranjit mann ??? where is babbar khalsa??....bahaar aao ...come out ..

This is shocking, this is what was happening in Guru Sahibs time. Wake up, Wake up Sikhs. The very Saint that so many 'sikhs' called a terrorist is needed now. Ironic isn't!

There is no need to call out other Jatha's, organizations, groups name since you don't do anything yourself.

Its on every Sikh to help out here, not a certain group. This has to be addressed from Akal Takht and the right actions taken toward the Taliban.

Does anyone know if the SGPC has said anything yet.

Mar 26, 2006
bro the terrorist and his henchmen cannot do anything ..i know Santji is needed but they were all on their payroll thats of ISI...none can raise heads against their masters....as it is they will flaunt their kirpans among innocent hindus ..but tell them to face the terrorists they are like dogs waggin their tails between their legs...u remember during the kashmir terrorist attacks in the beginning the great akali simranjit mann had gone to the jihadis to exclude sikhs from their lists ..he was on his knees...he must have paid them a good amount of jizia..

Aman Singh ji, please tell people not to spread their propaganda about a great Saint.

Here is a facts about Sant ji

- He stood infront of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at Akal Takht and did ardas that if Harmandir Sahib is attacked he will fight, which he did and was martyred in the fight. A person that is on a payroll does not risk his life for a cause that will not generate him revenue. If your in for the money then all you care for his the money and take off before the Indian army rolls up with the tanks.

Your story doesn't make sense rajkhalsa and I'm asking you nicely to stop spreading your hate and propaganda about a Great Saint.

Mar 26, 2006
i m 31 ..look i respect the man for his parchaar ..but his politics ..is the main reason for our disgrace...the HariMandar Sahib was attacked because he had made the holy place his 'den' ...you may say it nicely or badly veer ji ..but truth cannot be changed ..if you go around cursing hindus and India ..what do u expect ? bouquets ??

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
i m 31 ..look i respect the man for his parchaar ..but his politics ..is the main reason for our disgrace...the HariMandar Sahib was attacked because he had made the holy place his 'den' ...you may say it nicely or badly veer ji ..but truth cannot be changed ..if you go around cursing hindus and India ..what do u expect ? bouquets ??

Raj ji

If ever you want to seek the truth, never give in to one side, that is what I have learned in my life. In the court that is why truth is not sought on hearsay(propaganda) but evidence. When evidence is tainted, truth goes through the drain as per "Law and justice" How any one can make us judges of others when actually we have nothing but propaganda without any evidence. let me put it simple way about Sant Ji, " he was honest unlike other politicans and straight forward but he was not a politician, I wish he was!" He was not against Hindus at all as some have propagated. The only words he used "topi" was not for Hindus but for politician(Congress particularly because all Hindus dont wear topi)) I can just hope you will listen and think and do search on this from all sides as I did.:)

Raj, again with the propaganda. you let go of the first propaganda post and now spreading more.

The people that are disgracing Sikhi are the ones that speak out against Sant ji. He did not ask to be a leader. Sikhs wanted him as their leader. Sant ji came to Harmandir Sahib and it was attacked!! People must be really gullible to believe some non sense like this.

These fairy tales you keep coming up with are Badals and supportors fantasies.

Next you'll say Sant Kartar Singh Khalsa was a terrorist.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
not against anyone but its funny that those who imagined a joint country(Khalistan or whatever) with pakistan must be getting a wake up call now.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Why was the Punjab sealed off..made incommunicado to the rest of the world ? Whats was so secret ??
Why were all outsiders like the BBC shut out from Punjab ? whats there to HIDE ? In a Democracy ??
Why were 52 OTHER Gurdwaras also attacked simultaneously ? this was underplayed !! Many dont know till today that this happened...
The DAY chosen to attack was totally wrong... the Harmandir was chock full of PILGRIMS...as it was the Traditional Shaheedee GURPURAB of Guru Arjun Ji Sahib. ** something no democratically inclined Govt would do to its citizens. Why chose to involve hundreds of thousands of inncoent PILGRIMS in a battle ? unless the idea was to inflict Maximum casualties on civilians.
So many unanswered questions remain...
500 years of SIKH HISTORY is ample proof that SIKHS NEVER raised their hands on INNOCENT CIVILIANS. Sikhs fought face to face in open battle and only with the enemy - not innocents. It is preposterous to charge with innocent murders...

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
not against anyone but its funny that those who imagined a joint country(Khalistan or whatever) with pakistan must be getting a wake up call now.

Am{censored}nghera Ji
Who were those Sikhs who wanted Khalistan with Pakistan; would you kindly point out? How I missed that information, I wonder? Are you talking about Dr Chuhan who blended in Indian politicians before he died?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Actually choosing to side with India didnt turn out that well either...1984 etc etc etc ALL the Nehru=Gandhi "sweet and solemn promises" thrown into the Dustbin of "times have changed.." Now we are the MASTERS !!! The Empire struck back with a vengeance !!..from Day one 1947...

And this Jazia thing..its sanctioned by the Prophet as one staretegy to subjugate the non-islamics..It was IMPOSED on HINDUS of INDIA for thousand years under Muslim Rule.
Read Robert Spenscers Truth about Muhammad.

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
Gyani ji

i differ on this. :)

we cannot imagine an alternate scenario without building a realistic alternate view. This is one basic premise in Future planning and strategy.
http://www.valuebasedmanagement.net/methods_scenario_planning.html

In my view, being an Indian was the most favorable solution in the scenario of 1947.

G Singh ji,

I am sure you were around in punjab in 84-92 and were aware of various Sikh-muslim unity and joint punjab theories. I don't have a digital proof for those. Maybe you can try your luck on youtube.

Raj Khalsa hit the nail on the head with the Master- pay roll theory for the Sikh militants- ISI

Gyani ji

we cannot imagine an alternate scenario without building a realistic alternate view. This is one basic premise in Future planning and strategy.
Scenario Planning

In my view, being an Indian was the most favorable solution in the scenario of 1947.

G Singh ji,

I am sure you were around in punjab in 84-92 and were aware of various Sikh-muslim unity and joint punjab theories. I don't have a digital proof for those. Maybe you can try your luck on youtube.

Raj Khalsa hit the nail on the head with the Master- pay roll theory for the Sikh militants- ISI

I have the same question as G SIngh, and I wasn't around in 84-92, so kindly tell us who you are refering to. Specific names would be nice.

'RajKhalsa' propaganda is nothing more than fairy tales.

Last edited:

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
Singh ji

maybe you don't understand but using names on an internet forum is a potentially risk business :)

fairy tales for some, facts for some.

Doesn't matter anyhow...does it? :)

Singh ji

maybe you don't understand but using names on an internet forum is a potentially risk business :)

Why would you mention some people then back away from clarifying who they are. Sound like people just make things up.:yes:

Thanks God Sant ji never was like this. He stuck to the Truth and didn't use fairy tales and call them the facts.

So many people ready to criticize, but can't do anything themselves.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Gyani ji

Scenario Planning

G Singh ji,

Amar Sanghera Ji

I doubt we should believe blindly in SIS or CBI etc, here in CIA many things were cooked up, truth was exposed, the Head of it felt sorry, such scrutiny is not in the luck of people of eastern countries, they are made to think what CBI or ISI etc says as the final truth. There was a lot of then Indian Government's involvement in the bad days of Punjab went through, their dishonesty was to out BBC etc. You are very well aware of the fact, clapping needs two hands. People in power always blame others instead of taking responsibility thats why I dont give a hoot to what report they publish.
:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Singh ji

amarsanghera ji

I think you are speaking of internet crime -- stalking and harassment. Statistics are there that tell us that stalking and harassment that starts on the Internet many times evolves into face to face crime when the stalker/harasser tracks the target down in his own home town. You are pointing out something that people continually dismiss. Threats on the net should be taken very seriously. And protecting personal identity is something no one should apologize for. Using a screen name only should never be challenged. Both Canadian and US federal law enforcement devote entire websites to protecting privacy and personal safety.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM