• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhs Pay 20 Mil. 'Jazia' To Pak Taliban

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Please go back to what Randip Singh ji has written a few posts back -- That is what is distressing and should focus our attention like ice water thrown on our faces -- a wake up call! We are witnessing the persecution, oppression and marginalization of Sikhs by a rotten streak of humanity in a country that is caving inward and cannot/will not protect them. What are we looking at tomorrow, next week, next month in terms of their future? Please address this topic!

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I have the same question as G SIngh, and I wasn't around in 84-92, so kindly tell us who you are refering to. Specific names would be nice.

'RajKhalsa' propaganda is nothing more than fairy tales.

Ok This has gone off topic.

As someone who was around in 1984 and had relatives cayght up in the stuff that went on I will ask you to find out the following:

1) What is the significance of Sanjay Gandhi and Bhindranwala?

2) Why was Bhindranwala (pre-84) campaigning for teh Congress against Akali's?

3) Why was Bhindranwala described as Gandhi's "Frankenstein" in newspapers?

If you can research these points, without making comments of "propaganda" then we can move on.

Ok This has gone off topic.

This was established Randip, but you prefer to go back off topic below.

As someone who was around in 1984 and had relatives cayght up in the stuff that went on I will ask you to find out the following:

1) What is the significance of Sanjay Gandhi and Bhindranwala?

2) Why was Bhindranwala (pre-84) campaigning for teh Congress against Akali's?

3) Why was Bhindranwala described as Gandhi's "Frankenstein" in newspapers?

If you can research these points, without making comments of "propaganda" then we can move on.

I have heard these fairy tales and read up on them myself. They make a nice way to destroy a honest mans name. After he's gone all gloves come off for these cowards that write this stuff. There foaming at the mouth to discredit honorable people. Whatever a dog is fed he will eat.

I would ask you to quote yuor references but it would be a waste of my time and many other readers, since your last point speaks loud and clear 'newspapers'. Randip your an educated man and i'm in the process of getting a higher education. As of highschool I learned in the second year, don't believe everything a newspaper tells you or what is broadcasted on the television as 'news'. Ever since then i flop down on the couch grab some popcorn and turn on CNN. It's entertainment at its best:happy: And if im in the mood to read one sided articles or assumption stories/articles or fairy tales i pick up the local newspaper and even sometimes read a book, which claims to be unbaised. It's a great way to put your critical thinking skills at work.:happy:

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
it's amazing how one member is allowed to just call other members posts as fairy tales without having any credible reason or documentary proff for his/her own assertions.

i am out of this discussion unless moderators can do something about this.

peace !!

May 24, 2008
Punjab was majority Sikh or Akali. Indira needed another Sikh party so vote can be divided into two parties. Congress started encouraging Santji (through Zail Singh etc). Santji got powerful and saw a good opportunity to bring back Khalsa Raj. There was help from Pakistan off course, but militants were not sold to ISI (As RajKhalsa being a apparent anti-muslim and pro-RSS AND amarsanghera being pro-Indian, maybe ex-serviceman or policeman or personally burnt during militancy days are saying).
'84 Lok Sabha was coming close. Santji became strong and people started getting killed. Indira saw good opportunity to show herself as Durga again (repeat of '71 Bangladesh operation).
Eventhough Santji was in Amritsar only, number of Gurudwaras were attacked simultaneously, Punjab was seized. As expected, she won applause from all circles (even BJP !).

Lali Hayer Ji ,
You deserve all the applause for being SPOT-ON . The most apt description into the reasons for the events of 1984 . I don't sometimes understand why these so-called MODERATE Sikhs shy away from discussing 1984 ? I'm also pro- India ( Not Khalistan fan ) but the events should be analysed by each & every Sikh & also ( I wish ) Hindus . The enemies of Sikhs ie.Congress & BJP (RSS ) r no friends of majority of Indians either who r oppressed & exploited . The reason IMHO why RSS(BJP) is opposed to Sikhism is due to its Anti-Castism in nature . The base of so-called Hinduism ( Brahminism ) is its caste system , without its Varna System ( Caste System ) it cannot be defined , right from Rigveda onwards it is this system which has been stressed again & again in all Vedas , Shastras , Upnishads , Puranans like Ramayana , Mahabharata etc & also Smritis .
After humbling of Buddhism in 7th & 8th century onwards by Adi Shankracharya & followers , Sikhism is the biggest cahllenge that has come to Hinduism . Sikhs need to analyse events leading to 1984 & come up with solutions . The solution IMHO lies in the rise of regional parties which is the scenario in India theses days , the SAD(B) did a smart thing in tying up with BJP(RSS) , now Congress cannot label it as communal or anti-national & also Sikhs as terrorists as a whole . But now SADB should find other ways to leave BJP(RSS) which is more of a liabilty to party rather than an asset now & tie up with third front type group . Or Sikhs should try getting some other Akali Dal in limelight . SADB is also failing in its duty in the field of preaching , which is helping more & more Deras to come up with Congress's help . This rise of Deras bring in its fold the fear of more 1978 Nirankari type events
or more recent Sacha Sauda , 2007 type events propped at the order of Congress ( who knows it maybe Radha Soami, Beas in future ) , then a vicious circle starts in which whole Hindu Media jumps labelling Sikhs as terrorists , communal which stop DERAS from their job of RELIGIOUS PREACHING ( don't know which religion they r preaching or catering to ? ) Then pro-Congress or pro-RSS channels play their own part in maligning Sikhs , the more they protest , the more they r maligned . I was very young in 1978 , but this 2007 event I followed very closely & came out with the conclusion that things r being played up very-very similarly . Only difference this time was that Badal played his cards really well & refused to take the bait , took refuge of Akal Takhat Sahib & gave ample security to Salabatpura Dera & other Deras of Sacha Sauda . But this event shook me entirely . I had voted for Congress in 2007 elections believing the propaganda of Capt.Amarinder Singh to be most pro-Sikh & pro development , but came to this conclusion that Congress is the real enemy of Sikhs , what sympathy it had for Sikhs ? Even after more than 1,50,000 Sikhs being killed in the decade of insurgency due to the events of 1978 Nirankari episode , it had not mended its ways . Almost things were played exactly like a Bollywood remake . My idea is to give SADB more time to mend its ways or go with any Akali Dal which is free of influence of either Congress or RSS(BJP ).
It may all be off-track the topic we r discussing but could not keep myself jumping in with my bit .

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
This was established Randip, but you prefer to go back off topic below.

I have heard these fairy tales and read up on them myself. They make a nice way to destroy a honest mans name. After he's gone all gloves come off for these cowards that write this stuff. There foaming at the mouth to discredit honorable people. Whatever a dog is fed he will eat.

I would ask you to quote yuor references but it would be a waste of my time and many other readers, since your last point speaks loud and clear 'newspapers'. Randip your an educated man and i'm in the process of getting a higher education. As of highschool I learned in the second year, don't believe everything a newspaper tells you or what is broadcasted on the television as 'news'. Ever since then i flop down on the couch grab some popcorn and turn on CNN. It's entertainment at its best:happy: And if im in the mood to read one sided articles or assumption stories/articles or fairy tales i pick up the local newspaper and even sometimes read a book, which claims to be unbaised. It's a great way to put your critical thinking skills at work.:happy:

Errr no they are not fairytale's.

The fact you do not know about these facts says volumes about the sources you use.

Pre-1984 and the attack on Harmandir Sahib it is a fact Bhindranwala was reviled by 99.9999% of the Sikh community because of his association with Congress and what he did against the Akali's.

Let me put it this way, if you carry on the discussion here or veer off topic, I will delete your posts. If you cannot be bothered to find out the truth and look at it from both angles then you do not deserve to have your views published here.

Regards.

Errr no they are not fairytale's.

The fact you do not know about these facts says volumes about the sources you use.

Pre-1984 and the attack on Harmandir Sahib it is a fact Bhindranwala was reviled by 99.9999% of the Sikh community because of his association with Congress and what he did against the Akali's.

Let me put it this way, if you carry on the discussion here or veer off topic, I will delete your posts. If you cannot be bothered to find out the truth and look at it from both angles then you do not deserve to have your views published here.

Regards.

Randip, you have authority over me here. If someone has authority it's wise to use it with caution. If you wish to spread your propaganda, I call it this because I have looked at both sides of the story, then I will speak out. You deleteing my post because I speak out is a pure abuse of your authority. If you look back a page I believe it is me who is thanking Aad ji that Aad ji put the thread back on its tracks. It was you who brought the 84 issue back up. And, you expect me to sit back and let people just say their hatred toward a great Saint, Not in this world Randip.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but you abusing your authority here is completely uncalled for. You can express your views, but others can't!!!! :shock:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
The reason IMHO why RSS(BJP) is opposed to Sikhism is due to its Anti-Castism in nature . The base of so-called Hinduism ( Brahminism ) is its caste system , without its Varna System ( Caste System ) it cannot be defined , right from Rigveda onwards it is this system which has been stressed again & again in all Vedas , Shastras , Upnishads , Puranans like Ramayana , Mahabharata etc & also Smritis .
After humbling of Buddhism in 7th & 8th century onwards by Adi Shankracharya & followers , Sikhism is the biggest cahllenge that has come to Hinduism

Dalbirk ji

Apart from some sikh writers imagination The above statement hardly has any truth.Sikhism never spread out of Punjab Due too lack of interest by sikh leadearship so how can we say that sikhism was biggest challenge to hinduism.After 7th ,8th AD
Hinduism faced biggest threat and lost against islam.Then hinduism faced challenge from christianity and then communism,Athiesm.In all the above threats I mentioned Hinduism ended up as losing side.RSS ,Hinduism hardly consider sikhism as threat.They could have consider sikhism as threat if sikhism would have been spreading like wild fire but unfortunately this is not the case now.

Mar 26, 2006
O Singh veera ..o thand rakh yaar ...look man if i criticize sant ji for one reason i also praise his pre 78 activites ..he had everything ..one thing lacked ...THE POWER TO DIGEST THE POWER HE ACQUIRED...i am his fan when it comes to his speech during parchaar...i have his speeches..they are filled with hatred towards hindus in general and brahmins in particular ...this had been going on for a long time ....

Here is something from Khushwant Singh's book
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]Oh, That Other Hindu Riot Of Passage[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Khushwant Singh[/FONT]

Did the Sikhs deserve to be taught a lesson? I pondered over the matter for many days and many hours and reluctantly admitted that Hindus had some justification for their anger against Sikhs. The starting point was the emergence of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale as a leader. He used vituperative language against the Hindus. He exhorted every Sikh to kill 32 Hindus to solve the Hindu-Sikh problem
some more news :

On August 17, 1983, Bhindranwale asked Sikh youth to buy a motorcycle and a revolver and threatened to kill 5,000 Hindus in an hour if the police delayed the minibus he had sent to fetch Amrik Singh who had just been released from police custody.

On November 17, 1983, Bhindranwale bluntly demanded 'that all Hindus should leave Punjab

So here we see how there was a terrorizing technique this Bhindranwala used ...

Well i appreciate the hindus patience that they did not terminate him at that time ..too much of tongue wagging had been done by him.

I ASK EVERYONE OF YOU...A DERA LEADER WORE THE TYPE OF CLOTHES OF OUR BELOVED GURUJI AND MIMICKED THE 1699 EVENT WE WERE ANGRY AND WANTING TO TERMINATE HIM...Do you expect the hindus to be calm when he openly threatened them ???

Singh veer ji ..you can call me RSS or anything else ..even a muslim hater ..i dont mind that ..think what you wish...i know one thing ..I am a Sikh and my Dharam does not teach me betray my country and for me it will be the biggest sin to commit atrocities on unarmed and innocent people.

We always think of the colony of our people in delhi who are victims of 1984 ..what about those who are victims of bhindranwala and his dirty politics ...there are many of them ..some sikh ..some hindu...

Singh veerji our Master is Akaal Purakh and not bhindranwala....

Mar 26, 2006
veer ji ..why is there in fighting ..come on i agree i m not too pro bhindranwala...i dont agree to bullying ever ...just dont ..because my Guru ji didnt ..if that guy bullies the hindus ..he did do it ..there is documentry and visual..both proof available ...there is no need to get upset over it ...i m not upset if u r pro...we have bigger issues to resolve veer ji ...we r just going 25 years back ..lets move ahead ..we want to see light at the end of the dark tunnel.....

PEOPLE ...INSTEAD OF WE PONDERING OVER TALIBAN'S THREAT WE R CURSING AND FIGHTING EACH OTHER ...SEE ..THIS IS CALLED A TYPICAL INDIAN ATTITUDE ...INSTEAD OF TALIBAN'S ISLAMIC THREAT WE R FIGHTING OVER BHINDRANWALA....CMON GUYS ..THINK OF BEING TYAR BAR TYAAR ...AND BEING TOGETHER...CAN WE END TALKS OVER BHINDRANWALA HERE.....????

Mar 26, 2006
so are other singh...see u can continue with yor threads ..no one feels upset or even dusgusted about ..u have yor proof ..i have proof ...let people judge...wish u the best veer ji...since i m not here to win or to lose..but to share.....Best of LUCK !!

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Guru Piayario Jios,
Gurfateh.

Sikh History has literally hundreds of thousands of pages written IN BLOOD. From Day One in 1469..the SIKHS have had to face great ODDS..we had to fight and fight hard for just our basic survival.
Our Gurus were martyred, , our men women and children were martyred, our families were uprooted and the entire Kaum had to live on horseback and constantly on the move to remain alive, our heads were bought by the Govt.....and we faced huge Massacres called Ghallugharas in which thousands died.
Its aFact of history that we Sikhs didnt have the time or resources to Save our Glorious history, or write it down ourselves. It is to the credit of certain historians, who ins pite of being of other races and religions still couldnt simply ignore the Truth and managed to write some of our history..for example one Muslim Historian who hated the Sikhs and calls them ( Saags) DOGS....had to grudgingly acknowledge that these "dogs" were extremely honourable in battle, never struck at unarmed men, or women and children, never harmed any innocents and fought like lions. For nearly 2 centuries...Our Gurdwaras, our Takhats, our Holy Scriptures were all in alien hands - some friendly..others downright hostile. This long period of neglect also distorted our valuable history and records were tampered with at will by hostile elements who took advantage of our situation.

It is fact of history that the VICTOR always writes the History. What happened in June 1984 and later, was no worse than the First Two major Massacres of Sikhs that ocurred in the 18th Century..Wadda Ghallughara in which about 30,000 Sikh Men, women and children were massacred by enemy forces, and the Chhota ghallughara in which about 17,000 sikh men and children were again surrounded and massacred. The 1984 events are no less horrendous. Untold numbers of Sikh men, women and children had to pay with their lives. The Victor has made tremendous efforts to paint the Sikhs as the "evil" that had to be curbed. Intelligent persons are fully aware of the circumstances and the whys and the whens of 1984...but the untiring relentless effort of the Victor to lay the entire blame at the "losing sides door" is continous...and doesnt look like abating even after the passage of heartrending 25 years.
What beagn as a Peaceful fully democratic Movement for the resl=olution of Legitimate Punjabi (SIKH) Demands and political Rights...was allowed to be transformed into a Anti-India, Anti- Indian Unity, violent movement towards secession adn independnce. The "TRUTH" has been so well hiddena dn obscured..that while it si natural for Non-Sikhs, Non-Punjabis to be swayed by this relentless Govt Propoganda to paint Sikhs in avery bad light as separatists, terrorists, and downright evil beings that ought to be eliminated absolutely...even most SIKHS today are not aware or fully in touch with the True Facts of what the Punjabis and Sikhs have been doing since 1947 and what dirty politcs was behind denying Punjab its legitimate Rights to its Own Waters, Capital City, Electricity Generation, Language etc etc etc.

That is background..BUT what happened in june 1984 is also beign made murky. Its the Truth that the June 3rd 1984 Attack was fully pre-planned, and executed with military precision. The Undeniable fact that 52 other GURDWARAS all over Punajb were SIMULTANEOUSLY attacked by the Military is often buried deep and never brought up. The Organised Massacre of thousands of innocent PILGRIMS in thsi planned attack was also preplanned. No oen cna escape the blame or deny thsi because any INDIAN worth hsi salt woudl be aware that on the GURPURAB DAY of the FOUNDER of Harmandir Sahib...the CROWDS at harmandir are always so vast that there is almost no place to even stand still. WHY choose this Auspicious day to ATTACK the Holy Place when its patently obvious that such an attack would have horrendous casulaties among CIVILIANS. Thsi Attack MIRRORS the Organsised attack by the Mughal Forces at Wadda Ghallughara and the Chhota Ghallughara. Those massacres also ocurred because the attacking forces attacked Sikh Men and women and children massed at one place who were surrounded by superior miliratary forces...and massacred. In June 1984 NO attempts were made to delay or bring forward the attack to AVOID the GURPURAB...no attempts were made to separate the CIVILIANS...in fact all attempts were made at complete secrecy so that the MAXIMUM numbers of civilians shoudl attend the event as usual.

Such OPEN SECRETS are avilable for anyone..and now DHAR has published thsoe he knew or was privy to. And these Open secrets confirm the dirty facts. Thsi book has been translated to punajbi as Khulleh Bhed. Such dirty tactics are employed by ALL countries..the CIA, the KGB, the Mossad, the Gestapo, the RAW etc etc...BUT only certain political leaders commit mass murder like this on their civilians...like Hitler, Stalin...and Indira Gandhi. Also in this politcila world..as Hitlers propoganda minister Goebbels once said...A LIE repeated sufficient times becomes the "truth"..the Sikhs are terrorists/separatists/criminals "tag" was applied in 1947 and having been repeated almost incessantly by the entire spectrum of Indian Media... seems to stick somewhat....at least in certain minds as "truth".
Now its not the same situation as in the 18th Century...NOW we have Sikh Intelligensia, Sikh Academicins, Sikh historians..and its their duty to bring the TRUTH to public notice as well as they can. No doubt today we have sold out political leaders, bribed sikh writers who are willing to write anything for money, as well as traitirs etc..but the situation is not entirely hopeless...the TRUTH is out there..and it cna be brought home....we just have to have the WILL and the MEANS.
There are plenty of Living wittnesses..and proofs / evidence available...but time is of the essence...before things get all blurred up, mixed up and semi-forgotten in the mists of time. There are various books of eye-wittness accounts as well as "sarkaree" materials..BOTh must be evaluated objectively to arrive at the truth that is unassailable due to solid evidences.

Its a undeniable fact that the Khalsitani Movement was heavily infiltrated by Govt Agencies...acts of horror were committed by Govt Agents and Rogue militias under the command of rogue police officlas of high rank and the balme for these horrors were laid at the door fo teh Sikh militants to deny them Public Support. police Cats etc are well known fact....and some have surfaced recently.
YES..the Big Tree did fall in Delhi...BUT the Truth was that the Sikhs were not hurt by its fall...BUT by certain people who picked up its fallen branches...and began whacking the SIKHS with those branches..and the Anti-Sikh progroms began and ran unabated for 3 or 4 days while the law enforcement stood idly by and watched its own citizens slaughtered. Enough Reports by Independent Unbiased Human Rights Groups and Concerned Citizens exist to evidence this.

The SIKHS are at the Crossroads..and standing still...exactly what the Anti-Sikh elements desire. It is up to the SIKHS to shake off this INERTIA..and DESPAIR...pick up the pieces and begin the March FORWARD. Our Gurus never gave up..never admitted defeat..fough against greatest of all odds with CHARDEEKALLA - its about time we SIKHS showed this behaviourial ASSET that our GURUS GIFTED US.
UTTH JAAG SIKHA..Pagree SAMBHAAL OYE..Paggrree Sambhaal SIKHA..looteh gayeh Laal tereh..looteh gayeh laal oyeh.:advocate::advocate::advocate:

Mar 26, 2006
Gyani ji...if that Sant of yours cared so much...when he saw the military coming in ..when he saw bullets being fired ..why did he not step out and stop that madness..instead he added to that madness...he knew they were after him...instead of blaming the Govt who wanted to stop his mafia behaviour ..and all those stories of Govt infiltration ..well whether true or false....let me as you one thing why had the Govt penetrate ??? It was a separatist movement ..spitting venom...wanting to divide the country...so what do u expect them to ??? wait for the country to split ???? yes its true that the people among Govt ..the police officers...let me add here ..there were both types who earned medals from it ..hindu and sikh....officers from both communities ..who had used that power grow ..did those acts ....also your Dal Khalsa...and bhindranwale tiger force and AISSF....killed innocent hindus ...bombed railways ...do u want the people here to belive that yor guys were innocent ...???

I can tell you Gyani ji...even if it is my father ..but if he is a separatist..if it comes to my knoweldge that he is revolted against the nation ..I will hestate to take his life ....

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Gyani ji...if that Sant of yours cared so much...when he saw the military coming in ..when he saw bullets being fired ..why did he not step out and stop that madness..instead he added to that madness...he knew they were after him...instead of blaming the Govt who wanted to stop his mafia behaviour ..and all those stories of Govt infiltration ..well whether true or false....let me as you one thing why had the Govt penetrate ??? It was a separatist movement ..spitting venom...wanting to divide the country...so what do u expect them to ??? wait for the country to split ???? yes its true that the people among Govt ..the police officers...let me add here ..there were both types who earned medals from it ..hindu and sikh....officers from both communities ..who had used that power grow ..did those acts ....also your Dal Khalsa...and bhindranwale tiger force and AISSF....killed innocent hindus ...bombed railways ...do u want the people here to belive that yor guys were innocent ...???

I can tell you Gyani ji...even if it is my father ..but if he is a separatist..if it comes to my knoweldge that he is revolted against the nation ..I will hestate to take his life ....

Dear Raj

Whenever a separatist movement occur in a country we have to understand the root cause of a movement.No community support separatist movement unless there is some cause behind it.Here i want to show you something written by non sikhs about movement.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AN INDEPENDENT STUDY OF HINDU-SIKH CONFLICT IN PUNJAB
Dr. K. T. Lalvani (London) - S. Raghunath Iyengar (Lagos)
Chapter 1- Historic Bonds.

Among the religions of Indian origin, Hindu, Jain, Buddhist and Sikh, there is perhaps more in common between Hindu and Sikh teachings than any other two religions.

No two religious communities are bound together with numerous bonds as are Hindus and Sikhs. Both for instance firmly believe in Karma, re-birth and Mukti (MOKSHA). Although Sikhism has rejected the Hindu pantheon of gods and goddesses, caste system and ritualism, yet Sikhs have always defended, at times with their blood, Hindu rituals, their preferences and prejudices. Guru Teg Bahadur's unparalleled sacrifice of his head to protect the sacred thread and the forehead mark of the Hindus is inscribed in the psyche and history of both communities. Sikhs may not have worshipped the cow yet treated it as no less than a sacred animal. Many Sikhs lost their lives in opposing the British reintroduction of cow slaughter in Amritsar in late 19th century. Maharaja Ranjit Singh went on record for having banned cow slaughter not only in Punjab but even ordered its ban in the Islamic land of Afghanistan, and he asked for and secured the return of the doors of Hindu Somnath temple, looted eight centuries earlier by Muhamud

of Gazni. The same Sikh Maharaja gifted six quintals of gold for the Hindu temples of Benares, golden canopies for Jawalamukhi and Kangra temples and financed the repairs of the Vishwanath temple and its jewel-studded icon. To rescue a Brahmin's daughter, Sikhs fought a bitter battle with the Nawab of Kasur when over 500 Sikhs lost their lives. Sikh sacrifices for the oppressed have few parallels in history. The universally applicable scriptures of the Sikhs, 'Adi Granth' incorporates hymns of sufis and saints from Islam and Hinduism regardless of caste and creed. All the names, sacred to Hindus (Ram, Hari, Govind, Gopal, Thakur, Prabhu, Ishwar, Siva, Brahma, Indra) are repeated in Adi Granth time and again. Guru Gobind Singh, the founder of Khalsa wrote epics of Ramayana and Mahabharat under the titles of Ramavtar and Krishnavtar. His eulogising the exploits of Chandi as a warrior (not as a goddess) is well known.
Chapter 2 - Concern in Indian Society

There is indeed a lot in common between the two religions and it is not very uncommon to see that one brother may be a Hindu and the other a Sikh, living in the same house and respecting each other's religion. I for example, a Sindhi, following (like most other Sindhis do) Guru Nanak's traditional humble teachings for their simplicity in his message of truth and love embedded in his devotional hymns incorporated in the Sikh Adi Granth.

We, the overseas Indian citizens, Sindhis, Sikhs and other Hindus alike, are indeed most disturbed and concerned at the present Hindu-Sikh tension in Punjab and Haryana and feel the need to probe the reasons which have led to the prevailing conditions of mistrust, hate, jealousy and rivalry between the two communities in comparison with their brotherly relationship in the past and its scope in the future. Accordingly, I, on behalf of the Indian Merchant Association, U.K. and Mr. S. R. Iyengar, formerly a journalist and now an industrialist in Lagos, Nigeria, left for a preliminary study to report back our findings to various U.K. Associations. We prepared this report after spending considerable time in verifying the facts behind the complaints which we heard.

After arriving in India, we spent some days in Amritsar and Jullunder meeting various leaders, including Sant Bindranwale and Sant Langowal. There was total freedom of movement for every one, even inside the campus where leaders live. We kept our objective restricted to studying the reasons leading to the present-day Hindu-Sikh tension and Sikh rejection of being called a sect of Hinduism or a section of Hindu Society. Mr. S. R. Iyengar got down to serious study of fundamental causes Ieading to today's serious problems.
Chapter 3 - The Conflict

It did not take us long to trace the roots of this conflict way back to over thirty years ago, at the time when perhaps not even one Hindi daily paper existed in the East Punjab, when suddenly a vast majority of Punjabi Hindus influenced by Arya Samaj, Jan Sangh and local R.S.S, falsely claimed to be Hindi speaking almost overnight .

Thus they acted against strong advice from R.S.S. national leader Golwalker who pleaded to Punjabi Hindus to acknowledge Punjabi language as their mother tongue. The census results made the Sikh population in the state the sole custodian of Punjabi language, thus resulting in the declaration of Punjab as a bi-lingual state, in which Sikhs retained their Punjabi language and Hindus alienated themselves from the Sikhs by adopting the Hindi language of which the majority then had little knowledge, if any. This unfortunate development saw the beginning of friction between the two communities. Thus Punjabi Hindus became responsible for creating a bilingual Punjab state by disowning Punjabi as their language and yet forcefully and unjustifiably resisted the formation of Punjabi-suba on linguistic basis causing the delay of 10 years; this resulted in avoidable frustration and numerous agitations among the Sikh population of Punjab. Thus the language tussle of Hindi and Punjabi apparently took the shape of religious

rivalry between the Hindus and the Sikhs. One Akali leader questioned: Why was the linguistic Punjab the very last state to be formed? Was it not due to discrimination against the Sikhs? Or, was it because our Suba agitation was too peaceful compared to the violent linguistic demonstrations elsewhere in the country?
Chapter 4 - Religious Jealousy

Replying lo my question of present day Hindu-Sikh relationship, Sant Langowal explained that when Zail Singh, as Punjab Chief Minister, named a secondary road as Guru Gobind Singh Marg, he was strongly criticised by Punjabi Hindus, in spite of their knowledge that Guru Gobind Singh (and so also his four children and his father) was born, lived and died for the protection of the Hindus. Comparing the situation, Iyengar commented that in Maharashtra, no one could dare dream of opposing the naming of Shivaji Marg. (Four days later, I had the privilege of meeting President Zail Singh in Rashtrapati Bhavan who confirmed that there indeed was unfortunate opposition to his naming of Guru Gobind Singh Marg).

Citing another example of communal jealousy against the Sikhs, Longowal explained that a few years ago, on the four hundredth anniversary of the city of Amritsar, Sikhs obtained permission from the Railway Board to display a picture of Guru Ramdas at the railway station as a 'Founder of the city of Amritsar'. Upon this, there was an immediate reaction from city Hindus, who brought in a few unauthorised pictures of Hindu Yogis and demonstrated against the Guru Ramdas picture. Sant Langowal added that by rival action of this kind, Hindus in Punjab certainly make it very obvious that in their view Sikh Gurus were not Hindus. We went to witness the pictures at the station, which are there for everyone's verification. He narrated similar other incidents and added that religious jealousy and communal rivalry from the Northern Hindus against the Sikhs has gone a long way towards pushing us into a separate race of the Sikhs within India.
Chapter 5 - Sikh Patriotism and National Contribution

Langowal then referred to the Government's decision to reduce the Sikhs in the Army to less than two per cent and attributed it to continued discrimination and distrust against the Sikhs, who have not only proved to be among the very best soldiers in the country's defence, but also carry the most outstanding and the most distinguished record during the freedom struggle. Quoting from a report of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, he provided us with the following figures: Out of two thousand one hundred and and twenty five martyrs, one thousand five hundred and fifty (seventy five per cent) were Sikhs. Out of two thousand six hundred and forty six, deported to Andaman (Kalapani) two thousand one hundred and forty seven (eighty per cent) were Sikhs. Out of one hundred and twenty seven Indians who were sent to the gallows, ninety two (eighty per cent) of them were Sikhs. In Subash Bose's Indian National Army of twenty thousand, twelve thousand were Sikhs. Not only did India's two per cent Sikhs make by far the highest co

ntribution to the country's freedom, but they also maintained the same tempo even after the independence of the country. Today, more than one third of the country's population lives on the grain produced and supplied from the land of Punjab, which was a grain deficit state with its barren lands at the time of partition of the country

The most important stride that the nation has made since freedom was the 'green-revolution', which is in the main a Sikh contribution from Punjab State, in which the investments from Central Government have been less than one per cent of the National Budget. In spite of this impressive track record of diligence, courage and patriotism, Sikhs have been the victims of continued discrimination and suspicion since Independence. Firstly, the government denied the linguistic status of Punjabi-speaking state, a basic constitutional right enjoyed by all other communities in the country. When at last the Suba was formed after fourteen years of frustrating and humiliating delay, we were again deliberately deprived of a 'capital for the state' and some Punjabi speaking districts. Besides, Central Government took control of our state's power and water supply headworks. Why was Punjab the only state to be discriminated against, on these counts? Is it a coincidence or is it because it happens to be the land of the Sikhs? O

ne of his aides added that it is this basic discrimination against the Sikhs which alienates the Punjabi-speaking race from the rest of lndian society. Sant Langowal condemned the recent unwarranted and inhuman police firing on 4th April 'Rasta Roko' agitation, killing 24 innocent peaceful Satyagrahis. He strongly resented the Government's suggestion of a foreign hand in the Akali movement. He condemned violence and strongly rejected Khalistan theory which, he said, was a ghost movement. A one-man hoax of Jagjit Singh Chauhan receiving undue and deliberate publicity by the press and the Government to discredit the Sikhs and their patriotism and to frustrate a peaceful Morcha for fair demands. He said, it is a well known fact, that Sant Bindranwale and his Dal-Khalsa were brought into politics by the Congress to confront the Akali party. He explained that the word Nation is a mistranslation of the word quom. He explained, India is a Nation of various races and quoms. Sikhs are one of them. On Hindu-Sikh confli

ct, he said our demands and Morcha are directed to the Government. Instead of joining us for mutually beneficial demands, the Punjabi Hindus started confronting our Morcha and played cry-wolf to turn our non-Punjabi Hindu brothers away from us. I would strongly welcome and support a committee to investigate the factions responsible for the present day Hindu-Sikh tension in Punjab and Haryana.
Chapter 6 - Hindu Opposition

Replying to my question on Hindu-Sikh problems, Sant Bindranwale questioned me about Punjabi Hindus always opposing every Sikh demand made to the Government, be it a demand for a holy city or the naming of one train after the Golden Temple, or even naming of a road inside Punjab after the Guru's name. Why has not any Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or Jain ever opposed any of these demands? Whether or not Hindus of Punjab and Haryana, along with the Government, are responsible for the present day Sikh-Hindu tension, it is for you to judge from the recent history. Bindranwale then reminded me that the Sikhs have often supported Hindu religious causes, like the banning of cow slaughter, etc., but never once opposed any of their religious demands. We have never interfered in their religious affairs, yet the support of the Nirankari movement by the Arya Samaj was a deliberate move against the Sikh religion. This will explain to you, who are responsible for the communal tension in Punjab. For further proof you only ne

ed to look at communal utterings in the mass circulation newspapers of Punjab, owned by the Arya Samajists. This has been going on for the last 30 years. He said, "It suits the Government to publicise me as an extremist, thus making an excuse to frustrate the just cause and the legitimate demands of the entire Sikh community and the Punjab State. This also explains, why the Government is encouraging violence and communalism in Punjab."

Bindranwale was very bitter about the police atrocities and their murder of over 30 men in garb of false police encounters. He criticised the double standards of the Government citing various incidents, e.g. there was an immediate appointment of inquiry committee for Jagat Narain's murder and none for any killing of the Sikhs including the recent firing of 4th April on peaceful Satygrahis, killing 24 of them. These actions of the Government are designed to encourage extremism in Punjab. Bindranwale then talked of Sikhs as a separate nation (quom) within India like Muslim, Christian and Hindu. We disagreed with him and strongly emphasised our views of Hindus and Sikhs being the roots and branches of the same tree. He replied back saying that by their actions, Hindus in Punjab and the Government have proved it otherwise.

Speaking on the recent Government award on the holy status of Amritsar, Mr Prakash Singh Badal, former chief minister of Punjab, talked about the double standards of Amritsar Hindus. For several years they bitterly opposed our demand with their demonstrations and processions and then at the last minute they asked for a similar status for a contemporary non-historic Hindu Temple.

Instead of pronouncing the old walled city as holy, the Government has only allowed two hundred metres around the Golden Temple and at the same time exactly similar status has been provided to a twentieth century modern Hindu Temple of no historic significance as opposed to the Hari Mandir which was itself the foundation of the city of Amritsar besides being the seat of the Sikh religion. The city's name Amritsar too has been derived from the surrounding lake of the Golden Temple. We have absolutely nothing against the similar status given to a Hindu Temple, but, by this unthinkingly equating two temples of contrasting historical and religious significance, the Government and the Punjabi Hindus have emphasised that in their view the Sikhs are not Hindus and the two religions are distinctly different from each other. The Government has always encouraged and promoted the shortsighted rivalry between the Punjabi Hindus and the Sikhs. Mr. Badal explained that while he was Punjab Chief Minister during the Janata M

inistry, he placed the river water dispute before the Supreme Court. After her return to power, Indira Gandhi withdrew the dispute from the Supreme Court, and with a show of arrogance and high-handedness (she would not dare to do in any other state) compelled her Congress Chief Minister to sign her unilateral river-water agreement.

He claimed that Hindus and Sikhs are inseparable, and no amount of press propaganda or Arya-Samaj provocation can create a wedge between them. They have a common culture, history and social bonds. As the Sikhs had been created by the great Gurus for protecting the Hindu Dharma, there cannot be any question of confrontation between the two communities. On river-water issue, he said, "Instead of appreciating Punjab's 60 per cent contribution to Indian food basket, Government has made plans to deprive our farms of our own river-water."
Chapter 7 - Historic Lie and Falsehood

Mr. G. S. Tohra (M.P.) president of the powerful Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee, in Amritsar was extremely critical of the deliberate massive publicity given by the Government to the Khalistan demand voiced by a few individuals. These 'disinformation' techniques are clearly intended to discredit the entire Sikh community across the country by amplifying and exploiting the Khalistan demand of the few. Sikhs have always been most patriotic and have always stood for a United India. Today we would have been living in a united peaceful Punjab if the Punjabi-speaking Hindus had not disowned their own Punjabi language. It was a misrepresentation of colossal magnitude in Indian History on the part of over ten million Hindus who lied in the Census and disowned their Punjabi language with open encouragement and support from their Arya Samaj and Jan Singh leaders at a time when there was not even a single Hindi newspaper in the combined state.

"Most of these millions of misguided souls were so totally ignorant of Hindi that even their one sentence of historic lie "we are Hindi speaking" was uttered in the Punjabi language. It was this platform of falsehood which became the foundation of Haryana and the basic cause of the division of our united Punjab."

The hatred for the Punjabi language continues in Haryana where Punjabi has been denied the status of second language, even though thirty per cent of Haryana's population is still Punjabi-speaking and Punjab is their neighbouring state. On the other hand Punjab is the only non-Hindi state, where Hindi has been accorded favoured treatment. It is a compulsory subject up to matriculation and every employee of the state government must acquire this standard before being confirmed. Punjab was the first state to use Hindi for correspondence with the Hindi-speaking States.

The Hindu opposition to the naming of Guru Gobind Singh Marg reflects their anti-Sikh prejudice and clearly implies that Guru Gobind Singh was not Hindu. Their opposition to the Sikh demand for the Golden Temple Express and the holy-city status for Amritsar were only few of the many incidents designed to alienate Sikhs from the Hindu Society. Mr Tohra then cited some examples of broken promises from Mr Nehru and Mahatma Gandhi and explained how the Sikh race has been sinned against in Free India, notwithstanding its stupendous sacrifices and sufferings, first for its freedom and then for its defence and development.

Mr Tohra was particularly critical of mischievous interpretation of Gurdwara Act. He emphasised that the proposed Act will be applied only to the historic gurdwaras and it will not cover the holy Shrines managed by the Sindhis, Udasis, Nirmalas, Nihangs etc. He strongly criticised the Government for banning the Sikh soldiers from carrying the swords, while Gurkhas in army continue to carry Khukris on their person. Mr Tohra appealed to the Hindus and Sikhs of Punjab to maintain unity and cordiality in the face of the Congress Government. He claimed that by limiting the Sikh recruitment to 2% the Government has brought communal politics in the armed forces and has confirmed its discrimination against the patriotic Sikhs.
Chapter 8 - River Water Injustice

Dr. Rajinder Kaur, M.P., daughter of Master Tara Singh asked, why should Punjab give away water to neighbouring states when its own fields are still dry?"

She referred to the recent statement in Indian Express by Dr. Kanwar Sain, former Chairman of the Central Water and Power Commission. According to him, Akali demand for the reopening of the river water issue and 1955 agreement is fully justified as Punjab is not given its due share. He said that the entire issue must be reviewed by the inter-state river waters tribunal. Speaking on the recent agitation, Dr. Kaur pointed out that over hundred thousand Sikhs have courted arrest in recent Satyagrah, while the maximum arrests during Quit India movement were sixty thousand. "Ours has been the biggest peaceful satyagrah the country or indeed the world has ever witnessed. It will be most unwise for the Government to underestimate Sikh sentiments and take advantage of our extreme tolerance which may not be everlasting," she stressed.

Mr. Khushwant Singh, former chief editor of the 'Illustrated Weekly of India' commented that one issue over which the Akalis have the unanimous support of the entire peasantry of Punjab is the distribution of the waters of the Ravi and the Beas. Punjab is the only riparian state and by any principle of law or usage it is entitled to all the water it needs and only give what it can spare. If Haryana is also regarded as a riparian state because it was once a part of Punjab then it is only fair that in any redistribution of waters. the Jamuna should also be included. However, the Akalis have been very reasonable on this matter and are willing to accept the verdict of any judge of the Supreme Court.

The longer it takes the government to come to terms with the Akalis, the more intractable will the settlement become. One specific instance of short-sightedness for which our country will pay a heavy price has not received the attention that it deserved: this is over the treatment meted out to Sikhs travelling by road and rail to Delhi during the Asiad. While the Asiad was on, every train, bus and private car proceeding towards Delhi was stopped and every Sikh questioned. None of this happened when the L.ok Dal organised its Kisan Rally or the communists their Worker's March. Did the government not realise that in singling out the Sikhs because it is easy to discover their identity, it was opening itself to charges of communal discrimination? We are likely to hear about this foolishness for a long time to come. If, God forbid, the Khalistan movement catches on, it will owe much to the foolish shortsightedness of Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal and others whose duty it was to restrain him but failed in their

duty to do so. "I feel that an apology is owed to the Sikh community for the way it was treated during the Asiad, said Mr Khushwant Singh.
Chapter 9 - Biased Press Reporting

Dr G. P. Mansukhani, a Sindhi professor and author, agreed with the Akali complaint on biased newspaper reporting. He said. "If you were to trace the background of a reporter or an editor behind a particular anti-Sikh report, you would probably find him to be an Arya-Samajist." Late Lala Narian's persistent role in anti-Sikh activities (including that of his support to the Nirankaris) and his staunch communal tendencies were clearly reflected in his popular daily newspaper in Punjab.

Their biased reporting (due to their basic indoctrination against Guru Nanak and the Sikhs) may be understandable but not acceptable by any standard of fair journalism. He referred to various deplorable news incidents. We will quote one of them which happens to be from a popular magazine "India-Today," making an unfair and fatuous remark on one of the Sikh demands. In its cover story of 3.10. 81, "India-Today" argued against the Sikh request for Golden Temple Express by suggesting that it may give rise to a Muslim demand for a Jama Masjid Express. While this deliberate communal comparison was in very bad taste, "India- Today" conveniently forgot that Jama Masjid was not the world seat of the Muslim religion as the Golden Temple was for the Sikhs. Surprisingly, a year later the same paper, again in its lead story on the Sikhs (15.11.82), blames the Government for having delayed accepting some of the Sikh religious demands. On some occasions, the national press has failed to do justice to its usual high standar

ds. Giving an out-of-proportion high publicity of communal nature to an anonymous letter from one lunatic, threatening to blow up a temple which did not deserve a mention in any media were carried in headlines. Another ugly example of press reporting is reflected in the deliberate publicity which the national media has knowingly provided to the one-man show of self-styled Khalistan president Jagjit Singh Chauhan with practically no following whatsoever. Distorted and irresponsible reporting of this kind is against national interest and has resulted in discrediting the entire Sikh community across the country.
Chapter 10 - Arya Samaj Doctrines and Slander on Sikh Gurus

Prof. Mansukhani was hesitant to blame Hindus or Sikhs as such and put most of the responsibility on the Arya-Samaj's imposing their anti-Sikh communal views on the Hindus of Punjab, Haryana and neighbouring states and also adversely influencing the R.S.S. The Samaj has since recently started fanning anti-Sikh feelings in Maharashtra as well. He explained to us the history of Punjab Arya-Samaj and the role it has played in influencing Government decisions and in worsening Hindu-Sikh relationships. Of late some of them have started a shocking new anti-Sikh campaign, saying that since the wars arc now fought with guns and not with swords any more, a Sikh is no better soldier than any one else and the Indian army can do without Sikhs if need be. Even the most ridiculous anti-Sikh invention of this kind seems to have possibly influenced some Government and political circles.

Anti-Sikh policies and activities of Arya-Samaj are responsible for alienating the Sikhs from Hindu Society and pushing more Sikhs into saying that they are not Hindus. Arya-Samajis themselves during the last 100 years many a time proclaimed not to be Hindus. Veer Savarkar wrote that even in rigorous conditions of Kalapani, the Arya-Samaji prisoners refused to be called Hindus in the 1921 census and also refused to attend the Hindu temple and made their own, thus also adversely influencing their Sikh colleagues in Kalapani. Arya-Samaj have many times savagely criticised Sanatana Hindu Dharma and the word 'Hindu' itself. By any measure or yardstick, a Sikh is more of a true and valuable Hindu, than the Arya-Samajist, who in an attempt to hoodwink the other Hindus of India, pretend to champion the cause of Hinduism against Sikhism, by promoting Hindu Surakhsa-Samiti and the Sangathan against the Sikhs, who have sacrificed countless lives for protecting the Hindu religion itself. Due to irresponsible support fro

m some popular news-media, the cry-wolf clever tactics of Arya-Samaj seem to have succeeded in influencing many Hindus across the country which is a very unfortunate development.

Prof. Mansukhani branded Arya-Samaj as India's most fanatical cult, which according to him was a serious embarrassment to the tolerant and broad-minded religion of Hinduism and other religions of Hindu origin. He then quoted us the Arya-Samaj bible, written by Mr. Dayanand the founder of the cult. In it the author has savagely attacked Islam, Chrisitianity, Buddhism. Jainism and the lot. He has directly slandered Mohammed, Kabir, Buddha, Christ, Nanak, Gobind Singh and many others, all in the name of Hinduism.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 26, 2006
amazing content veer ji...i thank you from my heart ...it is truth...we can blame the arya samaj at large and others like those nirankari...see veer ji ..my view is clear i am neither anti bhindranwala nor pro...i like him and dislike him ...good things were his dharmak parchaar speeches..worst were his hatred filled political speeches...we need to take responsibilty of what had happened ..does any of those incidents incite a person to pick up ISI sponsored kalashnikovs and go around spraying bullets on innocents ??

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Some of the posts show that posters are sided with those who couldn’t wait for 10 days more to attack Darbar Sahib so that Guru Arjan Dev Martyrdom would pass because every good thing they expect is from others than the responsible leaders Surprisingly they never raise their voice against this genocide- like attack? They claim to be India- lovers but don’t sound like that. India is a country, its integrity is in the hands of its leaders, its unity is in the hands of leaders but sorry all leaders who were not criticized for leading to this genocide are the worse dividers of the country.[/FONT]
My Gurus never circled India into small divisions neither I ever did or would support those who talk about Khalistan but I will never forgive Indian main leaders for what they have done to my India. These favorites of some are still supporting some radical \groups and declaring others terrorists. This is what goes against the unity of a country. If a true leader wants go against radicals, would go against all regardless their affiliations, Indian leaders are too low to rise to that standard. Real leaders don’t stoop low this way. So for foresightedness of Indian leaders has been limited to votes, this is the way they are bankrupt in diplomacy. Who suffers? Answer is the general public and the dear country as a whole which is being shamelessly dragged into divisional- conflicts. I have hope only on the youth which will not listen to one sided loud speakers and seek the truth as the writer of the above report did and protect the unity of India.[/FONT]

Kds1980 Ji[/FONT]
My special thanks for bringing this report by a non Sikh , these are the people who rise above narrow –line- drawn by one side in the name of religion or party. It goes deep into causes behind emotional bursts. One after another incidents led to that disaster and still there are some who are bent upon to blame on one guy. Picture is so clear that any one can see how bit by bit the ruining of unity of India at the hands of its own leaders, took place.[/FONT]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM