• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

UK Sikhs Demand Halal Apology (Ilford Recorder)

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Sikhs demand halal apology (Ilford Recorder)
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/search/sikh/SIG=1661g03o7/*http%3A//www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/content/redbridge/recorder/news/story.aspx?brand=RECOnline&category=newsIlford&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=newsilford&itemid=WeED10%20Nov%202005%2010:43:40:240
Array
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:52:00 GMT
A LEADING member of the Sikh community is demanding an apology and a review of the schools' catering contract after the discovery that all pupils are being served halal meat.

P0TTER

SPNer
Mar 25, 2011
Sadly that article is no longer available.
This more recent one is:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10884787
It seems that the problem remains... that unlabeled halal is secretly being served up in our schools & colleges, hospitals & care homes
Halal meat is becoming an intrinsic part of your national diet whether you know it or not, whether you like it or not.
Islam WILL be controlling our Western political and social systems if we allow halal meat to continue. We must Speak Out To Stop This!
Halal Horror - YouTube

WORLDWIDE HALAL FOOD GUIDE - Where NOT to eat!
http://www.zabihah.com/ci.php

Sikhs demand halal apology (Ilford Recorder)
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rs...ewsilford&itemid=WeED10 Nov 2005 10:43:40:240
Array
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:52:00 GMT
A LEADING member of the Sikh community is demanding an apology and a review of the schools' catering contract after the discovery that all pupils are being served halal meat.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
It is simple economics, according to the Butcher next door, Halal is becoming increasingly cheaper, however it is a mad world, and we have many issues and challenges, I personally do not think this one is at the top of my list, I would eat Halal all day if we had a SGPC we could look up to, or if those that demand an apology were pure enough that eating Halal was all they had to worry about

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
It is simple economics, according to the Butcher next door, Halal is becoming increasingly cheaper, however it is a mad world, and we have many issues and challenges, I personally do not think this one is at the top of my list, I would eat Halal all day if we had a SGPC we could look up to, or if those that demand an apology were pure enough that eating Halal was all they had to worry about

I'm sorry but I don't understand what this has got to do with the SGPC? The issue is about idealogy and freedom of choice.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I'm sorry but I don't understand what this has got to do with the SGPC? The issue is about idealogy and freedom of choice.

findingmywayji,

I suppose I am saying that as a Sikh, I have more important things to worry about. Also as a Sikh, it irks me that the body I should be looking up to, is mired in corruption, the election farce being only one of the things that have publicly brought shame on them, and shame on us.

Maybe once we have our house in order, then issues like these will become important, but at the minute to me, its rather like worrying about your wallpaper, when your house is on fire

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
findingmywayji,

I suppose I am saying that as a Sikh, I have more important things to worry about. Also as a Sikh, it irks me that the body I should be looking up to, is mired in corruption, the election farce being only one of the things that have publicly brought shame on them, and shame on us.

Maybe once we have our house in order, then issues like these will become important, but at the minute to me,

its rather like worrying about your wallpaper, when your house is on fire

"Beautiful"

Tell me this is a proverb that you thought of? Do you have any Gemologists in your family, as you keep dropping precious stones in your wonderful discourses and posts. You are a great writer.
Harry Haller ji I much agree with you. There are tons of things that need to be looked at (even parts of Sikh Rehat Maryada) if we have the leadership and wisdom driven collective in Amritsar.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sadly that article is no longer available.
This more recent one is:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10884787
It seems that the problem remains... that unlabeled halal is secretly being served up in our schools & colleges, hospitals & care homes
Halal meat is becoming an intrinsic part of your national diet whether you know it or not, whether you like it or not.
Islam WILL be controlling our Western political and social systems if we allow halal meat to continue. We must Speak Out To Stop This!
Halal Horror - YouTube

WORLDWIDE HALAL FOOD GUIDE - Where NOT to eat!
http://www.zabihah.com/ci.php
Potter ji I cannot but admire your steadfastness on this matter.

Please continue your endeavors in this regard. The major issue is that this has to be raised as a Christian issue simply based on economics. The "religions of the book" are the biggest meat consuming constituency. The corporations cater to that. As long as this constituency is not perturbed by such items, it will be very hard to achieve meaningful results. We Sikhs saw this long time ago, but it is like tail wagging the dog based on sheer numbers. We are with you but don't know what additional impact it will generate.

Sat Sri Akal.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
findingmywayji,

Maybe once we have our house in order, then issues like these will become important, but at the minute to me, its rather like worrying about your wallpaper, when your house is on fire

I personally disagree. I do not eat meat but my family and others do. This issue is a big thing for me as I consider it to be about fundamentals. I do not like anything that halal stands for and resent the fact that it is being forced on me when I am supposed to be living in a democracy with free choice. Furthermore, this erosion has been done stealthily. On a moral ground it irks me so for me it is a big issue. What other rights will be considered insignificant next? Where else will my freedoms be eroded? How much should I accept?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Findingmywayji

I respect your point of view, it is a pity that certain people have taken the fun out of fundamentalism, as much as you do not like what halal stands for, and as much as I understand your resentment, it is not for me, so it is pointless the two of us debating it.

I know we understand each others position, let us not try and change each others minds, let us instead attack the areas where we each have an interest, and as clearly I have no interest in this subject, other than what I have already stated, I am done on this topic.

Good luck sister, it IS an important issue, just not to me kudihug

P0TTER

SPNer
Mar 25, 2011
Potter ji I cannot but admire your steadfastness on this matter.

Please continue your endeavors in this regard. The major issue is that this has to be raised as a Christian issue simply based on economics. The "religions of the book" are the biggest meat consuming constituency. The corporations cater to that. As long as this constituency is not perturbed by such items, it will be very hard to achieve meaningful results. We Sikhs saw this long time ago, but it is like tail wagging the dog based on sheer numbers. We are with you but don't know what additional impact it will generate.

Sat Sri Akal.
Thanks so much for your interest.
I thought that Sikhs are forbidden from eating halal, because it is meat that has been through a ritual slaughter and dedicated to a foreign god ie.allah
Please correct me if I am wrong.

P0TTER

SPNer
Mar 25, 2011
I personally disagree. I do not eat meat but my family and others do. This issue is a big thing for me as I consider it to be about fundamentals. I do not like anything that halal stands for and resent the fact that it is being forced on me when I am supposed to be living in a democracy with free choice. Furthermore, this erosion has been done stealthily. On a moral ground it irks me so for me it is a big issue. What other rights will be considered insignificant next? Where else will my freedoms be eroded? How much should I accept?
Thank You so much for your interest in this topic.
The right to know what you are buying is basic. Triply so with food. Ask where you shop if the meat is Halal, and refuse it if it is. We cannot allow this shyster like Pascal’s wager to be played on us, where producers figure that if all meat is Halal then they do not lose any of their market share. They have to know that the cost of Islamification of the West, as well as abandoning all civilized rules for agriculture and animal husbandry, is the loss of the business from civilized society.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM