• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Sikhs' Conversion To Christianity At Peak In Punjab!

Aug 28, 2010
I think it is the ignorance which play a vital role in such conversions.I have personally met a few the so called educated persons wth outer identity of Sikhs having conveted to chritianity.
There is lack of proper and correct knowledge by our own organisations assigned for this.or there is something wrong in our system of conviction about Sikhi among younger generation.So they have more chances of drifting away.
There can be many facets to this and I hope the concerned persons would do something to prevent such conversions.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I think TRUE conversion is when the people willingly accept the religion as their own. Any other form of conversion means nothing. Its a very empty belief, only superficial to satisfy the people who enforced the conversion.

Try converting a real Sikh who is in chardi kala. Real Sikhs cannot be converted, we would rather give our head then to bow down to anyone.
BaljinderS ji I generally agree with the sentiment of your post. I do however disagree in the part of calling people in such dire needs as somehow they are not "Chardi Kala" Sikhs.

The devastation of hopelessness, you having nowhere to go, lack of respect in family - friends -realtives, etc., is a very powerful force and influence. Who was going to give medals of bravery if they were not to convert? Life can be pretty challenging and all we can do is help and do what we can. If such Sikhs are deserted by Sikhs I do not know what kind of Chrdi Kala the Sikhs have who look the other way versus helping a fellow Sikh.

Sat Sri Akal.

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
Hanji veer ji, I understand what you are saying. I guess we are lucky to have this support. You can never underestimate the power family support. It can make you do all sorts of things you would never think about, if you felt neglected.

How do we engage with people in this situation? They would be unapproachable?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Hanji veer ji, I understand what you are saying. I guess we are lucky to have this support. You can never underestimate the power family support. It can make you do all sorts of things you would never think about, if you felt neglected.

How do we engage with people in this situation? They would be unapproachable?
Veer BaljinderS ji none is unapproachable as the conversion per the thread title are based on someone approaching the needy, etc.

The issue is, are there Sikhs in the vicinity that care? That part is so local that I cannot comment on. All I know is people who have, do have ability to help those that don't. For example, my father used to provide lot of fee exemptions to the needy students regarding fees at Khalsa College High School Amritsar.

Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji is very blessed from what I know. May be he can create something locally. All projects start from little to grow into something big.

Regards and Sat Sri Akal.

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
Numbers are one thing and individual lives something totally different. If I am not helping someone, I will never complain about someone else helping.

It is called, " S h e e t or get off the pot". Talk is too cheap. Challenge to all, go help if you want to earn a right to complain.

Regards.

Ambarsaria ji, SSA
This is not help but simple business transaction. They offer money and want something in return. In this case conversion.
The poor ones do not have much choice but to accept the offer.
I have no qualms in admitting that as a Sikh I do not enjoy such news where fellow Sikhs are opting out of religion.

Having said that it also reflects poorly of our own people who can stop this by standing by the sides our less fortunate brothers and sisters in the time of their need. But alas.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Is there any stat about how many Sikh are being converted to Christianity as we speak? What is the magnitude? How many Christians are there in India though? Islam already present in India..... If Christianity grew enough in that region....there will be a severe conflict between these two religions ...as its the case throughout history . . . Islam and Christianity are the largest religions but both of them are equally "evangelical" ....they both want to spread.

There are 30 millions Christians in India officially ,unofficials claim are as high as 120 million.There is no conflict in India between Christians and muslims barring Kashmir where Christains converted some muslims.both have common enemy RSS ,so there is no chance of muslim christian conflict in near future in India.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
There There is no conflict in India between Christians and muslims barring Kashmir where Christains converted some muslims. .... so there is no chance of muslim christian conflict in near future in India.
kds1980 ji thanks for part of your post as flagged above. Post is right on.

The key threat and common enemy for all minorities is the majority Hinduism. The conversions and erosion are insidious and long lasting. They simply expect the minorities as rivers to merge into the Hindu Ocean in India.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Why is that Kds ji?

Both of these religions believe in expansion and hindu's are easiest prey especially lower caste and Dalits.moreover secular liberal culture is rapidly being embraced by urban hindu's which reduces their birth rate .So higher muslim birth rate and conversions by Christians will keep on reducing hindu numbers .

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
ok lets be more specific, leadership at the SGPC.

So long as Dalits etc are discriminated by the Jatt dominance there, we will have problems.

How much discrimination of Dalits by Jatts in Punjab.Is the situation really so bad.Today election results of Punjab came and it shows that Dalits voted for Akali's in large numbers which is basically a Jat sikh party instead of BSP which is a Dalit party.Why Dalits vote for a jat sikh party rather than a Dalit party.In uttar pradesh Dalits mostly vote for BSp or some other party but hardly for BJP

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
How much discrimination of Dalits by Jatts in Punjab.Is the situation really so bad.Today election results of Punjab came and it shows that Dalits voted for Akali's in large numbers which is basically a Jat sikh party instead of BSP which is a Dalit party.Why Dalits vote for a jat sikh party rather than a Dalit party.In uttar pradesh Dalits mostly vote for BSp or some other party but hardly for BJP

If thats the case then good. I do remember however a few years ago many Dalit Sikhs converting due to a dispute with the SGPC.

Apr 5, 2012
Such news is not commen, think of how many of there people are converting to our faith. This is one of the big failures of Christianity spreading it's exclusiveness through bribes. Most Westerners I meet are very open to Sikhi as they believe their own religion to be very overzealous and contradictory.:singhsippingcoffee:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
While they were busy decimating the Sikhs, this was bound to happen!

AND..while they do that..the Chinese Enemy is advancing further and further deeper into India..the Pakistanis have given over Occupied Kashmir to China on LEASE...the Naxalite/maosit rebellion is in full swing in almost all the Northern... Easten states....and in the AAdvasee Heartland they have a standing army of a few Hundred thousand armed guerrillas who MASSACRE the Indian Armed Forces on a weekly basis...

It was Master Tara Singh who had warned Nehru...Dont play us out..IF you do..the BOAT that is India will SINK..and there wont be US..and there wont be YOU..

The NEROS who control India play the COMMUNAL FLUTES..while India BURNS....only a FOOL cuts away his arms and throws them away...as India is doing to the Sikhs...Judgement day is near...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
700,000 army in Kashmir..and the rebellion goes on unabated...somethings going to give and real soon...History repeats itself..BUT fools never learn from history... CHINA surrounds INDIA..in Burma..bangladesh..Nepal..IN Sri lanka..Pakistan..Kashmir..NEFA..Sikkim..the Enemy is at the Gates and thsi tiem it wont be at all like in 1962 when ONLY NEHRU died in SHAME..this time it will be worse..MUCH WORSE.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Is a sikh's conversion to christianity or other faith a real problem ?
What I mean is, does this play a major role in damaging and destroying sikhism ?

Well, I think, more damage is done when people start 'mix n matching' sikhism with other religions. The true identity of sikhism gets altered and damaged.

Switching religion is similar to switching cars. Getting out of a Lincoln and driving a Dodge, causes No harm to either car model.-A simple switch from one to the other.
But, if we get a Lincoln with a heavy Dodge engine installed and install interior and electrics from Lexus, then we have an all new better car, maybe for some but not for everyone. What we DO have as a result, is a vehicle without a true identity, it may seem better to the person that designed it but he still won't know exactly what to call it. In effect, he has tampered with 3 reputable car names, Lincoln,Dodge and Lexus, and lowered and weakened the status and integrity of ALL three.

This 'tampering' with Sikhi, does much more harm.
More still is false association and belonging such as people claiming that all sikhs belong to hindus or sikhs come from and are a part of hindus. This has as much truth and relation to our great,great,....... forefather- Adam. We could say that we ALL have Adam as our common origin !! I mention Adam as abrahamic religions were well before sikhism, thats all.- No offence-

I feel the conversions in this sense do NOT do as much damage or harm as much as all the people next door can. I'm NOT endorsing conversions by any means.

Waheguru
Lucky Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: