• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial Sikhs Clash Violently In Delhi-shameful Acts

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
BREAKING NEWS!!! SIKHS IN VIOLENT BLOODY CLASH WITH SIKHS, IN DELHI !!SHAMEFUL ACTS !

Sikhs clash in Delhi sees Sikhs attacking Sikhs with Kirpans.Allegations that shots were fired .SHOTS fired .

Manjeet Singh Goldy belonging to Shiromani Akali Dal [badal] and Chaman Singh secreatry general all India Akal Dal were attacked by supporters belonging to the SARNA group at a meeting called by the Delhi Sikh Gurduara Parbandhak Committee at Gurduara Rakab ganj, Delhi.Seven people from the Badal group and five people from Sarna group were treated for injuries while two were serverely injured.Manjeet Singh had his turban pulled off and slashed with kirpan across his head and side of face.Sarna Supporters were seen rushing out of the gates chasing other Sikhs with long kirpans and dandas beating people, while the police was seen standing by.In some instances the police were observed to be encouraging and supporting them to go back into the Gurduara premises after having attacked people outside.,The police made no attampts to arrest anyone of them.It is alleged that the police was standing by silently... on Sheila Dikhsit's instructions to not arrest anyone of the Sarna group.
Sikhs are blaming her for creating this fight among sikhs at a time when Sikhs were putting heavy pressure regards bringing the murderous culprits of anti sikh Program 1984.However, it is shameful that sikh turbans were being knocked off the heads by Sikhs themselves.The community never tires itself saying that Kirpans are never used to attack anyone, would be ashamed to see long kirpans being used to attack sikhs themselves., while the world will watch such disgraceful acts in the Gurduara, whoever committed it.
Allegations that shots were fired by Sarna group..and counter allegations from Sarna group..................................................................... BREAKING NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main54.asp?filename=Ws151112delhi.asp

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Wow... don't know what to say. What are the reason that the two sides present as the basis for the conflict?

Ha Ha..sure you dont know Bhagat Ji...?? its GOLUCK !! Both sides wnat CONTROL of the vast resources of Delhi Gurdwaras...Badal dal is not satisfied with just SGPC..it also wnats full control over Pakistani Gurdwaras as well...MONEY is powerful magnet...

Ashoke

SPNer
May 22, 2011
Shameful behaviour by these Sikhs. such disgraceful behaviour where turbans fly and swords clash make Sikhs a laughing stock for the whole world no matter what the reason.
Wearing of a turban and carrying a sword comes with a great communal and personal responsibility which needs to be ingrained in all of us Sikhs.
Incidences like this where Sikhs display their violent and uneducated behaviour over sometimes petty issues make majority of us bow our heads in shame.
In this world as our gurus taught us resort to dialogue and find solutions to your problems with Waheguru ji's grace. .
We have to remember ,,that as Sikhs we are one in a million and will be recognised as who we are wherever we are where as non Sikh is just part of a million and will not be recognised by any one.
Had these clashes been amongst any other community, it would not have even made and would probably gone without notice.
We should learn from such issues and improve ourselves.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
This kind of thing is always going to happen when gollack money is involved!!
I have known kirpans being drawn and turbans knocked off many many times in UK gurdwaras.
One time I was there when the arguments were concerning about who should be commitee members. Obviously the smarter member that can source as much cash as possible for the rest of the members is always the favourite!!!
Anyway, after this disgraceful display inside the gurdwara, the British police came storming in huge numbers.
Then the sangat was complaining that th cops came inside with their dirty shoes on !!!!
Can you believe it ?
I was walking away, never to return when committee programs were on,ever again and this is what I heard the sangat complaining about !!!

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Gyani ji,
I am sure you are right. Gollak is probably involved but usually there is more to it than that.

Normally it's about who can be smart enough to divert as much as possible into their pockets without getting noticed !!!
Who said there is No demand for 'magic' in sikhism ????
If David Copperfield could make the statue of liberty disappear, just think if he kept doing that with gollack contents every other day.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Ok I am simply stating human nature is more complicated than simply something that runs for money. I have no references, I have only looked in the depths of my own being. I am an average, ordinary human being, so whatever I feel, think, etc is the average human way of being. I wouldn't pull out a sword simply for gollak, thus I don't assume other humans do either.

No references just insights through introspection.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM